PDA

View Full Version : Our County may be wet soon. (NF)

mistanice
10-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Angelina County voters finally get a chance to decide whether alcohol will be sold in the county or not. For as long as I remember, if anyone wanted to buy alcohol they had to drive to the neighboring counties (Nacogdoches, Trinity) to purchase beer/liquor. The round trip is a good 30 minutes. I just went to cast my ballot. :D

Phil C
10-29-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't live there so this is one I would sit out and let the other voters' decide. I can't drink alcoholic beverages because of my diebetic condition so I wouldn't fell right dictating the morals of others.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 06:07 PM
P-A-R-T-Y

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 06:10 PM
If people want to drink, they are going to drink. No since in intentionally putting them on the highways to go buy it. And if their gonna spend money on alcohal anyway, the town they live in, might as well receive the taxes on the sales. After all, its those tax dollars that pay the police that have to arrest them for DWI anyway. :D

RMAC
10-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Yeah, we're having a vote here in Lubbock pretty soon to go wet or not. I don't see it passing. The strip is only like 2 miles outside of town and the county, which has its offices in Lubbock anyways, gets all of the taxes from those stores.

luvhoops34
10-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
If people want to drink, they are going to drink. No since in intentionally putting them on the highways to go buy it. And if their gonna spend money on alcohal anyway, the town they live in, might as well receive the taxes on the sales. After all, its those tax dollars that pay the police that have to arrest them for DWI anyway. :D

EXACTLY!