10-29-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
west virgina is over-rated Overated = Undefeated

Keith7
10-29-2006, 04:56 PM
USC fell too far they should be #5

eagles_victory
10-29-2006, 04:57 PM
noone says it but the team who is really overrated is auburn.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
USC fell too far they should be #5 They LOST to flippin OREGON STATE!

wedo
10-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Overated = Undefeated

Yeah against sun belt conference teams and the big least!

g$$
10-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Don't judge WVU until we see how they fare against the meat of their schedule. They are @ Louisville, @ Pitt, & home for Rutgers in the next few weeks. If they remain undefeated after that, they should play the winner of Ohio State / Michigan.

If not, redo the system & call it what it is. They play in a BCS league (winner guaranteed a spot) & the system is what it is currently.

The Big 12 as a WHOLE is not better than the Big East. Look it up.

Or please us all & have a playoff system. Don't see that happening though any time soon.

wedo
10-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
at least somebody besides me thinks so :rolleyes:

Me 3!!! Auburn is overrated also!!!!!

g$$
10-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Aggie John: please tell me why you said on the other thread how Baylor & Kansas are "good" teams in your words? Is mediocre now "good"?

North
Big 12 / All

Missouri 3-2, 7-2
Nebraska 3-2, 6-3
Kansas State 2-3, 5-4
Kansas 1-4, 4-5
Colorado 1-4, 1-8
Iowa State 0-5, 3-6

South
Big 12 / All

Texas 5-0, 8-1
Texas A&M 4-1, 8-1
Oklahoma 3-1, 6-2
Baylor 3-2, 4-5
Oklahoma State 2-2, 5-3
Texas Tech 2-3, 5-4

Through Oct. 28, 11:29 p.m. CT

Cameron Crazy
10-29-2006, 05:09 PM
National Championship game=WV vs OSU

carter08
10-29-2006, 05:09 PM
How is Auburn ranked over Texas.

Texas has one loss- TOO OHIO STATE

Auburn is the world leader in Low Graduation percentage.

I guess Auburn is a good team.

FEAR THE DUMB

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Me 3!!! Auburn is overrated also!!!!!

I really don't understand why people think they deserve to play in the BCS title game. The reason they beat Georgia is that the Bulldogs thought they were gonna have their way with WVU. They haven't played anybody since then. We'll see against Louisville but I am not sold on that football team.

g$$
10-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Have you seen Texas' graduation rates? I posted it a while back. They were bottom 5 in the country for football (around 40%).

And why does that matter for the BCS anyway? It does not matter one bit (at least not yet until new NCAA legislation takes place to punish schools for low grad rates, etc.).

wedo
10-29-2006, 05:13 PM
I really don't understand why people think they deserve to play in the BCS title game. The reason they beat Georgia is that the Bulldogs thought they were gonna have their way with WVU. They haven't played anybody since then. We'll see against Louisville but I am not sold on that football team.

Louiville hasn't beat anybody worth beating either!! We all see how miami is playing this year!! Louiville beats WVU and Rutgers beats Louiville Mark it down!!!

GreenMachine
10-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by carter08

FEAR THE DUMB How is Auburn ranked over ND. ND has one loss- TOO MICHIGAN :D

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Louiville hasn't beat anybody worth beating either!! We all see how miami is playing this year!! Louiville beats WVU and Rutgers beats Louiville Mark it down!!!

Rutgers is the feel good story of college football this year

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
How is Auburn ranked over ND. ND has one loss- TOO MICHIGAN :D A blowout loss to michigan ;)

g$$
10-29-2006, 05:17 PM

FEAR THE DUMB

www.ncaa.org

**This is important because schools will soon be subject to a loss in scholarships if they don't meet NCAA standards for graduation. It's the APR you may have have read about in recent months.

Graduation Rates:
Division 1 athletes (93,000) entering college from 1996-1999
(it takes this long to calculate)
Schools are NOT penalized anymore for transfers w/ new NCAA formula as opposed to federal guidelines
6 year window to graduate
Overall: Males = 70%, Females = 86%

Football Top 10 AP Poll 2006 currently:
1. Ohio St. = 55%
2. Auburn = 63
3. USC = 55
4. West Va = 63
5. Florida = 80
6. Michigan = 71
7. Texas = 40 (4th from the bottom in all NCAA)
8. Louisville = 53
9. LSU = 49
10. Georgia = 41

Highest in football:
Navy = 98
Boston College = 96
Notre Dame = 95
Stanford = 94

Bottom 4:
San Jose St., Florida Atlantic, Arizona, & Texas

Overall NCAA Avg. for Football = 66
" Basketball = 57
" Baseball = 65
" Women's Basketball = 82
...77% of all athletes now graduate within 6 years (was 76%)

Others in Football:
Baylor = 85
Rice = 84
SMU = 82
TCU = 78
Texas Tech = 73
Texas St. = 71
A&M = 63
Sam Houston = 53
UH = 51
Prairie View = 44
UTEP = 44
Tx Southern = 39

Texas Basketball = 44
A&M Basketball = 44
UH Basketball = 15

Believe it or not, the numbers have actually gone up! Just win baby, because we all know that is what matters.

Current pros in NFL:
Texas = 28
A&M = 27
...not an argument w/ any basis as the formula is the same for everyone now. And transfers are no longer counted too.

The state schools are far behind the privates, period.

Last edited by g$$ on 09-28-2006 at 10:54 AM

carter08
How is Auburn ranked over ND. ND has one loss- TOO MICHIGAN :D

I KNOW

Auburn shouldn't be Top 10

NDFootball
How is Auburn ranked over ND. ND has one loss- TOO MICHIGAN :D

Idk cuz it's the BCS standings but in the AP poll the media is currently on a Hate ND Frenzy

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Texas is 4 in both polls but 7th in BCS

PS - Not complaining.

big daddy russ
10-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Auburn's really beat up right now. Like I said last week, Ole Miss would be a tough game for them.

Their defense is still playing good considering how nicked up they are and the fact that they're missing two starters, but the offensive line is in shambles. Considering that Auburn rushed for 175 yards on 41 carries, though, you couldn't tell.

Both the starter and the backup centers for Auburn are out (one for the season), and the guy they had to use to fill the gap last week was their injured, starting RT. To cover the loss on the outside, they moved the starting RG over (who is playing on a high ankle sprain) and started a guy with exactly two games of live expericnce at RG.

Furthermore, All-America candidate Kenny Irons (their starting TB) and stud backup Brad Lester have been hobbled by high ankle sprains and knee sprains.

As of RIGHT NOW, Auburn is very beatable. A team with a good defensive front seven poses a huge matchup problem for the Tigers. But when they get all their starters back (should be back for the Iron Bowl), they'll be tough to crack.

Finally, consider this: Auburn is 8-1 against its last nine opponents ranked in the top ten. Two of those wins came this year. IF Auburn really is overrated, then so is LSU, Florida, and the rest of the SEC. Call me crazy, but I'm not buying it.

GreenMachine
10-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
A blowout loss to michigan ;) A blowout loss to THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY ;D

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Truthfully yes.

If I was wearing burnt orange glasses I would say it was close till the last 6 minutes.

But ND was dominated the whole game by Michigan.

GreenMachine
10-29-2006, 05:28 PM
A blowout loss to THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY ;D OOps ;)

GreenMachine
10-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Truthfully yes.

If I was wearing burnt orange glasses I would say it was close till the last 6 minutes.

But ND was dominated the whole game by Michigan. Sorry.........Ya'll were never in that game :(

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 05:33 PM
:( Piss on it. Oh well can't live in the past. Texas has done the right thing and moved forward in a positive direction.

Txbroadcaster
10-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Sorry.........Ya'll were never in that game :(

To say they were NEVER in the game is a stretch as well. It was a 7 point game at half a 10 point game into late 4th Q.

g$$
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Ohio St. dominated that game vs. Texas & everyone knows it. Yes, it was early & only Colt's 2nd game. But facts are facts.

If WVU runs the table & wins out, tell me what win(s) Texas will have that trumps that? That would be 2 wins against Top 12 BCS teams (Louisville & Rutgers), & one of them on the road. The Big 12 being down does not help, & Texas lost the big game back in September. Texas has A&M & probably Nebraska/Mizzou left to play in Big 12 title game, & that will NOT bump them very much if at all. SEC teams will move more.

BCS is not perfect but it is the system & rules everyone is playing by right now. Deal with it.

eagles_victory
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Auburn's really beat up right now. Like I said last week, Ole Miss would be a tough game for them.

Their defense is still playing good considering how nicked up they are and the fact that they're missing two starters, but the offensive line is in shambles. Considering that Auburn rushed for 175 yards on 41 carries, though, you couldn't tell.

Both the starter and the backup centers for Auburn are out (one for the season), and the guy they had to use to fill the gap last week was their injured, starting RT. To cover the loss on the outside, they moved the starting RG over (who is playing on a high ankle sprain) and started a guy with exactly two games of live expericnce at RG.

Furthermore, All-America candidate Kenny Irons (their starting TB) and stud backup Brad Lester have been hobbled by high ankle sprains and knee sprains.

As of RIGHT NOW, Auburn is very beatable. A team with a good defensive front seven poses a huge matchup problem for the Tigers. But when they get all their starters back (should be back for the Iron Bowl), they'll be tough to crack.

Finally, consider this: Auburn is 8-1 against its last nine opponents ranked in the top ten. Two of those wins came this year. IF Auburn really is overrated, then so is LSU, Florida, and the rest of the SEC. Call me crazy, but I'm not buying it. no disrespect but to me Auburn is overrated because there offense flat out sucks. It has all year and yes LSU is overrated also. Auburn got lucky to beat South Carolina because of a drop barely beat Ole Miss yes Ole Miss. The got no offensive touchdowns to beat Florida. Florida bouched a punt if that doesnt happen they might hold onto that game. Right now if you put Auburn up against Texas Michigan Ohio State or maybe even Notre Dame I think they get blown out. yes they do have injuries but at this time of year who doesnt to win a national championship even an sec title you gotta fight past injuries

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 05:41 PM
No Kenny Irons for auburn would mean a crappy season.

g$$
10-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Notre Dame? No way - most overrated team in the country.

I know NDFOOTBALL - we have already discussed this today!

big daddy russ
10-29-2006, 05:42 PM

FEAR THE DUMB
ROFL. So what does Bama's graduation look like? Care to share with the rest of the class?

GreenMachine
10-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
To say they were NEVER in the game is a stretch as well. It was a 7 point game at half a 10 point game into late 4th Q. OK.....They were in the game at the opening kickoff :D

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 05:59 PM
OK.....They were in the game at the opening kickoff :D You're funny! :D I like your style

Txbroadcaster
10-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Ohio St. dominated that game vs. Texas & everyone knows it. Yes, it was early & only Colt's 2nd game. But facts are facts.

Total yards OSU 360 Texas 340
third down conversions OSU 3-11 Texas 3-10
First Downs OSU 17 Texas 20

The difference in the game Two Texas turnovers

Yes OSU won the game, but to say they dominated IMO is not correct.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Total yards OSU 360 Texas 340
third down conversions OSU 3-11 Texas 3-10
First Downs OSU 17 Texas 20

The difference in the game Two Texas turnovers

Yes OSU won the game, but to say they dominated IMO is not correct. Owned...

g$$
10-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Come on, stats do not ever tell the whole story. They can be manipulated to make them say what you want.

Turnovers were the difference, & last time I checked they mattered in a football game.

That game was over early 4th quarter. Watch the replay again if you are confused. The final few minutes were flat boring as tOSU just ran out the clock. The better team won. Period.

Nothing is owned youngster, Tiger WR. Have you taken the place of West TX trying to be a smart ???, huh?

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm just kickin it. He said turnovers were the difference. The same thing you just said.

g$$
10-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$

If WVU runs the table & wins out, tell me what win(s) Texas will have that trumps that? That would be 2 wins against Top 12 BCS teams (Louisville & Rutgers), & one of them on the road. The Big 12 being down does not help, & Texas lost the big game back in September. Texas has A&M & probably Nebraska/Mizzou left to play in Big 12 title game, & that will NOT bump them very much if at all. SEC teams will move more.

BCS is not perfect but it is the system & rules everyone is playing by right now. Deal with it.

No takers? All of you want to say WVU is not all that, but what is your rebuttal? Because "we're Texas" holds no water. Come with facts based on this year's team, schedule, & conference.

Texas has no divine right to be there as one of the many 1 loss teams. That is reality.

I have said WVU vs. Ohio State for at least 6 weeks. I am sticking to it.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 06:14 PM
My pick at the end of last season was WVU vs. ND/Texas

Both of the other pics have lost.

carter08
10-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Calm Down

http://www.filmworld.com.au/clips/archival/Hippy%20Peace%20Coat.jpg

g$$
10-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Kick it at someone else. I don't want to get into a spitting match, but the derogatory stuff is juvenile. I like a good conversation/debate without that garbage. Thanks...

Txbroadcaster
10-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Come on, stats do not ever tell the whole story. They can be manipulated to make them say what you want.

Turnovers were the difference, & last time I checked they mattered in a football game.

That game was over early 4th quarter. Watch the replay again if you are confused. The final few minutes were flat boring as tOSU just ran out the clock. The better team won. Period.

Nothing is owned youngster, Tiger WR. Have you taken the place of West TX trying to be a smart ???, huh?

Not seeing where I am confused..We both agree Turnovers made the difference..Just because OSU was running out the clock does not mean it was a domination, it means they had the game in hand.

It is not like it was 24-0 and Texas added a gimmie..It was a 7 point game at half and a 10 point game into the 4th Q. Sorry but that is not domination to me

g$$
10-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Dealing in semantics here.

"Game in hand" says it all right?

The better team won the game. Let's move on to November.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by g$$

The better team won the game. Let's move on to November. He never said the better team didn't win. He said they didn't get dominated.

big daddy russ
10-29-2006, 06:25 PM
no disrespect but to me Auburn is overrated because there offense flat out sucks. It has all year and yes LSU is overrated also. Auburn got lucky to beat South Carolina because of a drop barely beat Ole Miss yes Ole Miss. The got no offensive touchdowns to beat Florida. Florida bouched a punt if that doesnt happen they might hold onto that game. Right now if you put Auburn up against Texas Michigan Ohio State or maybe even Notre Dame I think they get blown out. yes they do have injuries but at this time of year who doesnt to win a national championship even an sec title you gotta fight past injuries
None taken. The offense isn't flashy, but when they're in sync they get the job done. That's a Borges offense. Nothing like A&M, UT, Tech, Hawaii, or any of the other high-profile offenses.

At the same time, though, he's not considered one of the top three or four OC's in the game without reason. Even though they didn't score an offensive TD against Florida, they still outgained the Gators 315-279.

Auburn's entire gameplan revolves around speed and opportunities. They don't turn the ball over, the defense creates turnovers, and the offense keeps putting together just enough of a drive to put the other team back in their own territory.

The defense is one of the two or three best in the nation, and their special teams is the best in the SEC, one of the best in the country.

Like I said last week, I knew they'd have problems with Ole Miss. I know it's tough to believe, but those who keep up with the SEC are scared out of their minds of Ed Orgeron's squad. Two outstanding recruiting classes, they're young and fast, and the defense may turn out to be the best in the country within a couple of years.

This year's Auburn squad reminds me a lot of the '04 team. Kenny Irons is a tougher (although maybe not as quick) version of Cadillac, Brad Lester is a quicker Cadillac, and Brandon Cox has nerves like Jason Campbell's. The receiving corps is better than it has been since the mid-90's, the only thing lacking is the line.

I'd love to see Auburn square off against a UT, OSU, or Michigan. You said they'd get blown out. If they do meet up in a bowl game, want to do a little wager and give me ten points?

No Kenny Irons for auburn would mean a crappy season.
Irons is great, but Brad Lester would be an All-SEC-caliber back if he started.

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 06:26 PM
NOVEMBER???? mmmm turkey time :D

p.s. ND's not overrated

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 06:27 PM
NOVEMBER???? mmmm turkey time :D

p.s. ND's not overrated I prefer stuffing.

Txbroadcaster
10-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$

The better team won the game. Let's move on to November.

No it is not semantics...To say a team dominated another team means they beat them up and down the field all night long..That did not happen..Texas ran at will on OSU, the game came down to the two TOs.

To have a game in hand means you added the score needed to put the game out of reach, which btw did not happen till 6 mins left in game, so it was not as you put it OSU running the clock the entire Q.

I never said the better team did not win, I think if they played again it would be cllose, but I still think OSU has a better overall team, but I will not say in any way they dominated Texas

Just like I will not say Texas dominated OU even though the score was 28-10. You said the stats can be misleading, well so can the score.

I have seen many games that were on the scoreboard alot closer than what actually happened on the field, just like I have seen many 3-4 TD wins that were alot closer on the field

GOFOR2
10-29-2006, 06:33 PM

I knew I should have copyrighted that remark.
Louisville beats WVU by 8.
Rutgers beats Louisville by 14.

g$$
10-29-2006, 06:42 PM
No it is not semantics...To say a team dominated another team means they beat them up and down the field all night long..That did not happen..Texas ran at will on OSU, the game came down to the two TOs.

To have a game in hand means you added the score needed to put the game out of reach, which btw did not happen till 6 mins left in game, so it was not as you put it OSU running the clock the entire Q.

I never said the better team did not win, I think if they played again it would be cllose, but I still think OSU has a better overall team, but I will not say in any way they dominated Texas

Just like I will not say Texas dominated OU even though the score was 28-10. You said the stats can be misleading, well so can the score.

I have seen many games that were on the scoreboard alot closer than what actually happened on the field, just like I have seen many 3-4 TD wins that were alot closer on the field

Look, we are on the same page here. I know the definition of the word dominate too. Ohio St. was & is the better team. I said they ran the clock out the quote "final few minutes", not the entire quarter. Turnovers were the difference, & Colt looked like a freshman that day. He is much better & more composed now too.

from g$$:
The final few minutes were flat boring as tOSU just ran out the clock. The better team won. Period.

Texas ran the ball yes, & Ohio St. threw it just about as well. 2nd receiver Gonzales ate Texas up all night. Ginn had a score. Probably evened each other out. Turnovers were the difference as we BOTH said. They matter too - usually more!

You're right, scores & stats both can be deceiving. All that matters is scoreboard, & tOSU has that this year.

Can we move on now?

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 06:43 PM
I prefer stuffing.

You're making me hungry

g$$
10-29-2006, 08:30 PM
As long as ND stays in the top 12 in the BCS we're in :D

Houston Chronicle from Friday, Oct. 27th (Terrance Harris & National Notebook)

"Notre Dame needs only to finish within the top 8 in the BCS standings to be guaranteed a lucrative $4.5 million BCS payday in the postseason."

...tough to do also with weak upcoming schedule & now 1 loss USC remaining. ND will need help from others to get into a BCS Bowl Game. Name carries lots of weight though. Stay tuned.

Adidas410s
10-29-2006, 08:46 PM

I don't feel like reading the entire thread to see if this was stated...but for ND it's the Top 8 and NOT the Top 12 that gets them an automatic bid.

Automatic qualification

1. The top two teams in the final BCS Standings will play in the national championship game.

2. The champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10 and Southeastern Conferences automatically qualify for BCS games each year.

3. One team from among the champions of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference automatically qualify for a BCS game if either: A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or, B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

4. Notre Dame will automatically qualify for a BCS bowl if it is in the top eight of the final BCS Standings.

5. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 4, and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 3 in the final BCS Standings, that team shall become an automatic qualifier.

6. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 5, and if Step No. 5 has not been applied and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 4 in the final BCS Standings, that team shall become an automatic qualifier.

7. If any slots remain unfilled after the placement of all teams qualifying for an automatic berth, then the bowls shall choose their participants from the "pool of eligible teams" (see below.)

Adidas410s
10-29-2006, 08:49 PM
haha...it was in the answer right above mine...

3afan
10-29-2006, 08:52 PM

we?

g$$
10-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Good post Adidas. We both were on it...yours is way more formal than mine though!

Gotta be top 8 for Notre Dame in the BCS.

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Sorry from what I understood it had to be the top 8 in the polls not BCS standings my mistake. I thought they had to be top 12 in the BCS to get in.

I said we because I am a fan sorry. I didn't think I'd be attacked for saying we?

3afan
10-29-2006, 09:21 PM
attacked? :confused:

HipposGitErDun
10-29-2006, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by g$$
[B]No takers? All of you want to say WVU is not all that, but what is your rebuttal? Because "we're Texas" holds no water. Come with facts based on this year's team, schedule, & conference.

Texas has no divine right to be there as one of the many 1 loss teams. That is reality.

Texas has one loss,,, to the #1 team in the country. If Texas had the schedule that WVU has, they would run the table. WVU did not play the #1 team in the country,,, Texas did and lost. What I really do not understand is how Auburn got their butts handed to them at home against Ark, almost lost to the Temple of the SEC and is still ranked ahead of Texas. BCS is Bull Hockey. There is not much more to say on this topic, and any rebuttal you have will be wasted keystrokes.

mrescape43
10-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
USC fell too far they should be #5

USC didn't fall far enough. They are way overrated.

Stownhorse
10-29-2006, 10:49 PM

I bet overrated Auburn could beat overrated W. Virginia

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

I agree

Stownhorse
10-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43

J.D. Booty aint that good IMO

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 10:54 PM
J.D. Booty aint that good IMO

All things must come to an end...

That includes this teams time at the top

Stownhorse
10-29-2006, 10:57 PM
All things must come to an end...

That includes this teams time at the top

good statement

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 10:58 PM
good statement

I try :D

thewyliefan
10-29-2006, 11:01 PM
after 3 years at the top USC was over due on being de-throned

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
after 3 years at the top USC was over due on being de-throned

Too bad ND wasn't the one to do it ... :(

Oh well they'll have their revenge soon enough.

thewyliefan
10-29-2006, 11:03 PM
when is that game anyway

Mustangpride09
10-29-2006, 11:35 PM
So basically the winner or WV or Louisville is guarenteed a NC spot (pending they dont lose any other games) right? Louisville would pass Florida if they beat WV wouldnt they?

wildstangs
10-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43

Dont worry...Cal will romp them soon enough. Would be nice for Cal to beat them, then have USC knock off Notre Dame.

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
when is that game anyway

Nov. 25

IronMustang
10-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Dont worry...Cal will romp them soon enough. Would be nice for Cal to beat them, then have USC knock off Notre Dame.

Now this would be nice and very possibly could happen!

Stownhorse
10-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
So basically the winner or WV or Louisville is guarenteed a NC spot (pending they dont lose any other games) right? Louisville would pass Florida if they beat WV wouldnt they?

IMO it would stay the same except W. Virginia drops down and Florida goes to #3 with Louisville still trailing at the #4 spot.

bulldogman06
10-30-2006, 12:04 AM
How is USC ranked as high as they are?? they lost to Oregon State. unbellevable, at least Texas and ND lost to tOSU and Michigan.

Stownhorse
10-30-2006, 12:29 AM
How is WV that high? Doesnt strength of schedule matter?

mchavez
10-30-2006, 12:58 AM
The only reason Texas is ranked behind the other one lose teams is for the ratings!!! the BCS wants to see to make sure there's not another rematch between Texas and OSU! OSU already beat Texas and it wouldn't get much ratings since OSU won by a big margin!! No ratings equals NO MONEY!!! Which is the reason why they wont have playoffs, because they would lose all their sponsers!! No sponsers NO MONEY!!

g$$
10-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by HipposGitErDun
[QUOTE]Originally posted by g$$
[B]No takers? All of you want to say WVU is not all that, but what is your rebuttal? Because "we're Texas" holds no water. Come with facts based on this year's team, schedule, & conference.

Texas has one loss,,, to the #1 team in the country. If Texas had the schedule that WVU has, they would run the table. WVU did not play the #1 team in the country,,, Texas did and lost. What I really do not understand is how Auburn got their butts handed to them at home against Ark, almost lost to the Temple of the SEC and is still ranked ahead of Texas. BCS is Bull Hockey. There is not much more to say on this topic, and any rebuttal you have will be wasted keystrokes.

I am not a WVU apologist, but this is the system we have. They play in a BCS league. They potentially will have more quality wins than Texas & many others - & one on the road against a Top 10 team (if they beat Louisville). The Big 12 is down this year. Texas lost to Ohio State. If you do not reward teams for going undefeated & winning their league, then scrap the system. The Big East is not a bad league, not a great league - very comparable to the Big 12 being top heavy this year. Texas has not shown to be head & shoulders above Nebraska or Tech. Give them credit for winning, but to say they are dominant & getting screwed is just plain wrong. OU was closer than the final score too. It's called parity.

Texas did not help themselves with a weak non-conference schedule - other than Ohio State. That hurts them in the computer rankings.

Funny how if it doesn't go your way then it is "bull hockey". I bet you liked it when Mack begged & pleaded for Texas to jump Cal 2 years ago. The system is flawed but all we have right now. WVU is better than you give them credit for being. Watch it play out. What has Texas done to deserve better than other 1 loss teams? Because they won it all last year? Facts are facts.

g$$
10-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Strength of schedule is now only a part of the 6 computer rankings. It is NOT a separate category by itself anymore. Margin of victory does not matter anymore either (prevent teams from running up score).

2 polls (USA Today Coaches Poll & Harris Poll)
6 computer formulas that factor in many things
= BCS rankings

big daddy russ
10-30-2006, 01:45 AM
It would be a good game, IMO.

g$$
10-30-2006, 01:48 AM
You know Russ - you, me, & about 3 others are the only ones on this board who think WVU is any good!

I like the company, thank you very much. WVU has the speed to compete with anyone - might not win - but give anyone a game.

Old Tiger
10-30-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You know Russ - you, me, & about 3 others are the only ones on this board who think WVU is any good!

I like the company, thank you very much. WVU has the speed to compete with anyone - might not win - but give anyone a game. Haha I'm in that category!

big daddy russ
10-30-2006, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by g$$

I like the company, thank you very much. WVU has the speed to compete with anyone - might not win - but give anyone a game.
There's just a huge population of Big XII homers on the board. Realistically, there's about 10 teams that are on the exact same level and would beat each other up. As good as OSU's been, you have to give them the nod as the top team. But Auburn, Michigan, Texas, Florida, LSU, USC, Tennessee, Louisville, West Virginia, Cal, and Arkie are all on the same level.

If you forced me to pick a couple other teams that could keep up, I'd give you Clemson, VaTech, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame. As overrated as ND may be, they always play to the level of their competition.

g$$
10-30-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
There's just a huge population of Big XII homers on the board. Realistically, there's about 10 teams that are on the exact same level and would beat each other up. As good as OSU's been, you have to give them the nod as the top team. But Auburn, Michigan, Texas, Florida, LSU, USC, Tennessee, Louisville, West Virginia, Cal, and Arkie are all on the same level.

If you forced me to pick a couple other teams that could keep up, I'd give you Clemson, VaTech, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame. As overrated as ND may be, they always play to the level of their competition.

I agree with you, but I do think the last 4 teams you named are a notch below the others (Clemson, VaTech, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame). Any given day, maybe, but there about 10-12 really good teams in the country & then everybody else IMO.

Be fun to watch it play out...

District303aPastPlayer
10-30-2006, 02:53 AM
Too bad ND wasn't the one to do it ... :(

Oh well they'll have their revenge soon enough.

should have happened last year

District303aPastPlayer
10-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by g$$

check my sig :)