PDA

View Full Version : 60 Minutes Tonight

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Is anyone going to watch the deal over Weiss tonight on 60 Minutes?

AggieJohn
10-29-2006, 02:47 PM
waste of time.....

coach cusses on sidelines?......man lands on the moon

tiger_94
10-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Is anyone going to watch the deal over Weiss tonight on 60 Minutes?
Casey you need a hobby.. baseball cards? crafts maybe?

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 03:52 PM
No way. I guess Weis isn't allowed to cuss because he coaches ND? That is so stupid. They hired him to be a football coach, not a priest. Last time I checked the NFL coaches weren't all that saintly and now they're doing a special on him on 60 Minutes??? Do us all a favor and find something else to report other than making a coach look like a horrible person to boost your ratings.

Phil C
10-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
No way. I guess Weis isn't allowed to cuss because he coaches ND? That is so stupid. They hired him to be a football coach, not a priest. Last time I checked the NFL coaches weren't all that saintly and now they're doing a special on him on 60 Minutes??? Do us all a favor and find something else to report other than making a coach look like a horrible person to boost your ratings.

Remember ND that Notre Dame is a Catholic school that promotes high education and christian values.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 06:01 PM
I got a question. I don't usually watch 60 minutes so what channel and time does it come on? lol

mistanice
10-29-2006, 06:02 PM
CBS?

Phil C
10-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I got a question. I don't usually watch 60 minutes so what channel and time does it come on? lol

CBS at 6 P.M.

Phil C
10-29-2006, 06:03 PM
ND I admire the Catholic Church.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
ND I admire the Catholic Church. Thanks Phil!:thumbsup:

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 07:09 PM
I understand that ND promotes those things but hiring a coach from a top notch team like the Patriots probably wasn't the best choice for a coach like that. They wanted to win, so they hired a coach that's determined to win. I can see why ND might call it a lil extreme as far as his cursing but I don't really think it should be a main story on a program like 60 Minutes...that's moronic.

3afan
10-29-2006, 07:16 PM
there is nothing wrong with an employer banning foul language from its employees ..... you can live your life without cursing, and that includes football coaches

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah but apparently they haven't told him not to. It's just kind of sad they put it on 60 Minutes because they have nothing else to report.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-29-2006, 07:41 PM
My take on the situation is this: let the man say whatever he wants. Notre Dame is a school that promotes morals and integrity, and if any of you remember from last year whenever Weiss was true to his word to a dying terminally ill child, you would know that Weiss does embody that. I will respect that man forever for keeping his word, because the circumstances of the situation made it apparent that a pass to the right was probably not a great idea in the situation Notre Dame was facing. Just because he uses language that some may consider vulgar isn't going to take away the fact that the man has character and is true to his word, and I believe wholeheartedly that actions speak louder than words.

3afan
10-29-2006, 07:43 PM
the story on saving the wounded in Iraq was really good .....

lostaussie
10-29-2006, 08:17 PM
the interview was very fair and i thought Weiss did a good job.............he's a coach for crying out loud:doh:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
the interview was very fair and i thought Weiss did a good job.............he's a coach for crying out loud:doh:

I thought so too. I thought that 60 Minutes was going to try to blow it out of proportion, but I'm glad I was wrong.

mrescape43
10-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Say what you want, but after what Weiss did for the boy last year I have the utmost respect for the man.

Stownhorse
10-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Remember ND that Notre Dame is a Catholic school that promotes high education and christian values.

And on top of that he graduated from ND

dogdad
10-29-2006, 11:17 PM
I don't believe it is possible to properly coach football without cursing

I don't believe it is possible to properly play baseball without spitting

I don't believe it is possible to watch a soccer game without getting sleepy

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by dogdad

True words of wisdom:clap:

Stownhorse
10-29-2006, 11:26 PM

not bragging or anything but Coach Jackson here in Sweetwater hardly ever curses.....as a matter of fact I cant recall a time ive heard him say a dirty word

g$$
10-30-2006, 02:34 AM
All I know is Charlie Weis came to College Station 2 years ago for the 7 on 7 & spoke to us at dinner that night. He looked much better then too. Good speaker & told us he wanted to recruit Texas kids to ND, etc.

I know he had gastric bypass surgery while with the Pats (before ND), & then had complications, etc. I think he has gained every pound back & then some. I fear that man is going to have a heart attack soon.

Not wishing that anybody - but he looks obese & can hardly get around. Add the stress of that job & look out...good luck keeping your weight under control Charlie.

He sure wants to be Parcells doesn't he, the way he talks & treats the media, etc.? Weis has a great offensive mind no doubt.

griff
10-30-2006, 09:07 AM

Wrong. It's a tremendous example of grit and character when a coach pours his heart and soul into his players, assistant coaches, and his program and can do it with the class of not using foul language. There are more than a handful who fit this description. I find THIS type of coach more worthy of respect than those who cuss.

Tom Landry used to tell his players: "I don't believe in cussing. You've been to college for four years, therefore, you should know how to communicate with out cussing."

Phil C
10-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Soccer is good. Especially women's soccer. The Ladies are great athletes.

Phil C
10-30-2006, 09:11 AM
I like soccer.

Phil C
10-30-2006, 10:06 AM

SHAME!!

:mad:

lostaussie
10-30-2006, 10:11 AM
I like soccer. they cuss in soccer...........that one guy talked about that other guys sister:D

wooden bear
10-30-2006, 11:17 AM

That is the dumbest thing i have ever read on here.

Maroon87
10-30-2006, 11:19 AM
How was the piece on the Texas City BP explosion? I found out it was on after the fact or I would've Tivo'd it.:doh:

bulldogman06
10-30-2006, 11:21 AM

haha no its funny, its not meant to be serious, just a common stereotype

spiveyrat
10-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
True words of wisdom:clap:

Wisdom? or a lack of self-control?

I don't remember any of my coaches being fonts of profanity and I think we (Jasper) were a fairly successful program back then ('80's).