PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns to make second straight BCS title game?

crzyjournalist03
10-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Texas comes into the polls today at number four, slowly moving up since their fall after losing to OSU. OSU and Michigan play in two weeks--one of them will not finish above Texas. Louisville and West Virginia play each other this week, so one of them will fall below Texas, and if it's Louisville that wins, Texas is already ahead of them! So what do you guys think? Any chance Texas ends up at #2 and plays in their second straight title game?

Ray_BearKat
10-29-2006, 01:56 PM
I think the winner of Louisville and WV will be ahead of Texas...regardless of the outcome, since they will be undefeated. :(

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Rutgers could play spoiler but it's still to early to tell.

g$$
10-29-2006, 02:13 PM
NO way. BCS game yes, but not title game. Too many things have to happen.

Still say WVU vs. Ohio State in NC game as I have for past 6 weeks.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Still say WVU vs. Ohio State in NC game as I have for past 6 weeks. Agreed

bobcat1
10-29-2006, 02:15 PM
They dang sure don't belong in it from what I saw yesterday. They should have dropped in the polls. :D

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
They dang sure don't belong in it from what I saw yesterday. They should have dropped in the polls. :D Quit using my strategy! :mad: :D

wooden bear
10-29-2006, 02:18 PM
If florida wins the sec i think they jump ahead of Texas at the end of the year. A one loss sec team should finish ahead of a one loss big 12 team no matter who they lost to.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Your nuts!

tiger_94
10-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I know thats the game i sure want to see to determine who the best team in the nation is.. :rolleyes:

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 02:20 PM
UT won't make it to the NC. If WVU somehow makes it to the title game which would be complete BS...tOSU or Michigan would kill them. Them and Louisville are the most overrated teams in the top 25.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
UT won't make it to the NC. If WVU somehow makes it to the title game which would be complete BS...tOSU or Michigan would kill them. Them and Louisville are the most overrated teams in the top 25. I say ND is :D

WVU has SPEED!

wooden bear
10-29-2006, 02:22 PM
How woudl it be crap if WVU made it to the nc game? They played in a bcs game last year that everyone said they didnt deserve against a very tough SEC team and dominated the game. Just because they are not in a good confrence does not mean they are not a good team.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Rutgers undefeated
Lousiville undefeated - destroyed a Miami team
WVU - undefeated

g$$
10-29-2006, 02:25 PM
I challenge you to watch WVU or Louisville (esp. before they lost RB Bush for the year). Both teams are good. WVU is extremely fast, & Louisville's qb Brohm will play on Sundays.

You are saying that because of the perception of the Big East Conference. WVU beat a good Georgia team last year in the Sugar Bowl & is better this year. Rutgers is a spoiler. The Big 12 overall is no better than the Big East overall.

If anyone's overrated, it's Notre Dame. They are living off hype, name, & Brady Quinn. They are not a Top 10 team.

District303aPastPlayer
10-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Ill agree wtih you on that... i had WVU vs ND since last year, but half right i can live with

STXBramha
10-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Uhh..Big East is by no means better than the big XII

g$$
10-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Both are top heavy. Prove your point.

Name the top teams in each & compare. Name the bottom teams in each & compare.

I said OVERALL...

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 02:37 PM
LOL

ND is much better than either one of those teams...say what you want about them but they are alot better than you give them credit for. I'm not implying ND should be in the title game if that's what you think.

Yes WVU and Louisville are both overrated. Beating Georgia is one thing. Playing against tOSU and Michigan is a whole different ball game. Yes WVU has lots of speed but against teams in the Big East a junior college team can look pretty fast. When they play this week it expose one of those teams as frauds.

g$$
10-29-2006, 02:38 PM
BTW, I am from Texas & want the Big 12 to be better.

It's just a down year, period. Big 10 is top heavy too.

And it bothers me to say that about the Big 12.

Parity is alive & well in college football. SEC is strongest top to bottom. Go from there.

wooden bear
10-29-2006, 02:39 PM
LOL

ND is much better than either one of those teams...say what you want about them but they are alot better than you give them credit for. I'm not implying ND should be in the title game if that's what you think.

Yes WVU and Louisville are both overrated. Beating Georgia is one thing. Playing against tOSU and Michigan is a whole different ball game. Yes WVU has lots of speed but against teams in the Big East a junior college team can look pretty fast. When they play this week it expose one of those teams as frauds.

ND should have been beat by UCLA and freakin Michigain St. Dont give me that crap. They would get beat by WVU hands down.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
ND should have been beat by UCLA and freakin Michigain St. Dont give me that crap. They would get beat by WVU hands down. agreed

g$$
10-29-2006, 02:40 PM
OK ND homer. Watch how it plays out.

You're no better than 15-20 in country. And deep down I think you know it. ND will get exposed in the bowl game they are "given" as usual.

Ohio State did it last year.

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 02:41 PM
ND should have been beat by UCLA and freakin Michigain St. Dont give me that crap. They would get beat by WVU hands down.

Almosts only count in horseshoes and hand grenades. Every team has their bad days.

AggieJohn
Originally posted by bobcat1
They dang sure don't belong in it from what I saw yesterday. They should have dropped in the polls. :D I think A&M hands them a pretty close battle.....I don't think texas is scared of the aggies....however, I think the aggies are playing like they have nothing to lose......

Old Tiger
Almosts only count in horseshoes and hand grenades. Every team has their bad days. Didn't I tell you that the other day? :D

wooden bear
10-29-2006, 02:42 PM
The aggies are just beating teams they should beat thats all. Nothing special

GreenMachine
10-29-2006, 02:44 PM
ND should have been beat by UCLA and freakin Michigain St. Dont give me that crap. They would get beat by WVU hands down. But they didn't and they haven't. :tongue:

GreenMachine
10-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
agreed And Texas should have gotten beat by Nebraska, who got trounced by Okla State, and Tech.

NDFootball
Didn't I tell you that the other day? :D

Lol probably.

If we do belong at 15-20, WVU and Louisville are somewhere in the top 35

Yeah Ohio State sure showed us...just like they've shown everyone else...

mwynn05
ND should have been beat by UCLA and freakin Michigain St. Dont give me that crap. They would get beat by WVU hands down. Texas should have lost to Nebraska and Texas Tech...

District303aPastPlayer
10-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Texas comes into the polls today at number four, slowly moving up since their fall after losing to OSU. OSU and Michigan play in two weeks--one of them will not finish above Texas. Louisville and West Virginia play each other this week, so one of them will fall below Texas, and if it's Louisville that wins, Texas is already ahead of them! So what do you guys think? Any chance Texas ends up at #2 and plays in their second straight title game?

Honestly... if tOSU loses to UM by a score of 24-21 on a last second field goal... do you think tOSU stays at #2 for the caliber of team they are and how late their loss is

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
And Texas should have gotten beat by Nebraska, who got trounced by Okla State, and Tech. Should....how far will that get you? Texas won on a game winning field goal in adverse conditions and in front of a hostile Sea of Red crowd.

District303aPastPlayer
10-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Texas should have lost to Nebraska and Texas Tech... VERY TRUE

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Over used words;
-Almost
-Should
-If

Key Words;
-They
-Didn't

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Over used words;
-Almost
-Should
-If

Key Words;
-They
-Didn't

I think the phrase ND is overrated may be the most over used phrase in the nation. :D

g$$
10-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Watch it play out ND FOOTBALL. You are wrong.

And then please come back & tell us they your team sure was OVERRATED. Hype, hype, hype. Brady Quinn & the big WR are good players though. That was tOSU of last year too who beat you into the ground. Team speed: huge difference.

Weiss thinks he is Parcells & even tries to act like him. Watch him tonight on 60 Minutes.

AggieJohn
10-29-2006, 02:56 PM
A&M has barely beat alot of teams, but alot of the teams in the big 12 are very decent if not GOOD this year. OSU is better than anyone expected, Kansas is good, Baylor is good. I'm not saying I wish we would of had a far better score with these teams, but we still got W's just like texas did with tech and Nebraska. Texas is as lucky to be where they are as A&M is.

The thing that I'm looking at is Mindset. I think it's too early to think of the texas/A&M game this year. A&M still has to play Nebraska & OU, whereas Texas has to play OSU and KSU. Theirs too much up in the air.

November should be interesting.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:57 PM
What conference won that trophy for the best record in bowls last year? Serious question, I do not know.

g$$
10-29-2006, 03:03 PM
AJ: if Kansas & Baylor are "good", then what do you consider mediocre? My goodness. Big 12 is down period OVERALL.

Count how many teams are .500 or worse. I agree A&M is fortunate as well. 8-1 & could easily be 5-4. That's football & they do battle hard & never quit. Reflection of McGee in my opinion.

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Watch it play out ND FOOTBALL. You are wrong.

And then please come back & tell us they your team sure was OVERRATED. Hype, hype, hype. Brady Quinn & the big WR are good players though. That was tOSU of last year too who beat you into the ground. Team speed: huge difference.

Weiss thinks he is Parcells & even tries to act like him. Watch him tonight on 60 Minutes.

Weis doesn't have the offensive gameplan from the 80's...so I think you are just a little off on that one. I think he has a few more Super Bowl rings too, when he helped coach a better team than any Parcells has EVER had. There's nothing in this thread to suggest I think ND should be in the title game, they proved it against Michigan. All of you ND haters sound the same, apparently the voters caught the "ND is overrated disease"now, which is a shock they catch it now instead of when Bob Davie or Ty Willingham coached. Those were the overrated teams, not now. And if ND makes it to a BCS game and gets beat, which is unlikely, a cool $4.5 million and another big recruiting class isn't too bad. You'll eat your words soon enough so just enjoy it while you can.

g$$
10-29-2006, 03:17 PM
I did not say his offense was Parcells like, I said he acted like the Big Tuna. Same persona, kind of a bully with the media, really tired act IMO. The man can coach offense no doubt. Never questioned that.

I won't eat any words. They will be given a big bowl. And hopefully against a good team that will expose them again.

Maybe Texas vs. ND in Fiesta Bowl BCS game?

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I did not say his offense was Parcells like, I said he acted like the Big Tuna. Same persona, kind of a bully with the media, really tired act IMO. The man can coach offense no doubt. Never questioned that.

I won't eat any words. They will be given a big bowl. And hopefully against a good team that will expose them again.

Maybe Texas vs. ND in Fiesta Bowl BCS game? I would like that matchup.

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Maybe Texas vs. ND in Fiesta Bowl BCS game?

I pray that Texas plays ND....

It would be like a second Christmas to rub that in all the UT homers faces on this site.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 03:21 PM
I pray that Texas plays ND....

It would be like a second Christmas to rub that in all the UT homers faces on this site. It could be vice versa. It would be a good game though. Two historic programs.

Michigan - #1 all time
ND - #2 all time
Texas - #3 all time

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 03:22 PM
It could be vice versa. It would be a good game though. Two historic programs.

Michigan - #1 all time
ND - #2 all time
Texas - #3 all time

Could be but it won't :p

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Could be but it won't :p No need to get picky. I could choose to argue and point out things but I'm just gonna kick it I'm watchin the Titans and Vince.

g$$
10-29-2006, 03:23 PM
I am an Aggie, & gotta take Texas in that one.

Way more athletes than ND currently has on the roster.

I do think ND would throw the ball on them though. Tech went over 500 last night. Others have had success too. Rush defense is great. Texas would win the game.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Bend but don't break pass defense :D

g$$
10-29-2006, 03:26 PM
And darn near broke! If Tech could run the ball for 6 inches, it may have. Tech is so 1 dimensional...

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Texas has had a lot of stops on 4 and short. USC, Nebraska, and Tech now.

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I am an Aggie, & gotta take Texas in that one.

Way more athletes than ND currently has on the roster.

I do think ND would throw the ball on them though. Tech went over 500 last night. Others have had success too. Rush defense is great. Texas would win the game.

If ND's o line doesn't improve then yeah Texas would win. If Quinn is given time to throw the football ND's passing game would eat UT's secondary alive, and the game would be a shootout. ND's defense continues to be a work in progress.

g$$
10-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Good analysis. And that game would be fun & the hype would be crazy. I hope it happens if Texas wins the Big 12 (& they should).

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 04:00 PM
The offensive line baffles me. They were supposed to be the best thing going for the Irish this season.

GreenMachine
10-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Bend but don't break pass defense :D You mean the "bend over and got violated" pass defense. My word, TT threw for over 500 yds!!! It was the run defense, on the fourth and an inch, that won them the game.

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 04:26 PM
I hate to say this, because I dislike both of them, but IMO the only teams not over rated at least a little in the top 5, is OSU & Michigan, and I'm not 100% sure about Michigan. If Michigan can hang with OSU, they will make me a believer. Sadly one to these two will cancel out the other for the NC game. If OSU whips Mich (and I think they will), I just dont see anyone else that has a prayers chance against them. As much as I'd like to see Texas back in the title game, I really dont think they have enough to get the job done. And yes ND is very over rated right now, but look for them to be very good for years to come. I think their back for sure.

bobcat1
10-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Texas has had a lot of stops on 4 and short. Thanks to the booth and back foot marks and slides of zebras.

If Tech had of threw the ball on those 3 downs at the goaline and on 4th down instead of running or sneaking the ball, Texas loses and you sippers know it. You know you are lucky in both games. Nebraska spanked that arse all day in the snow.

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 04:31 PM
That's an angry looking kitty cat you have in your sig.

bobcat1
10-29-2006, 04:34 PM
He is #4 our middle linebacker at Celina.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 04:46 PM
You mean the "bend over and got violated" pass defense. My word, TT threw for over 500 yds!!! It was the run defense, on the fourth and an inch, that won them the game. 35-31, lol :D

g$$
10-29-2006, 04:50 PM
North
Big 12 / All

Missouri 3-2, 7-2
Nebraska 3-2, 6-3
Kansas State 2-3, 5-4
Kansas 1-4, 4-5
Colorado 1-4, 1-8
Iowa State 0-5, 3-6

South
Big 12 / All

Texas 5-0, 8-1
Texas A&M 4-1, 8-1
Oklahoma 3-1, 6-2
Baylor 3-2, 4-5
Oklahoma State 2-2, 5-3
Texas Tech 2-3, 5-4

Through Oct. 28, 11:29 p.m. CT

AJ: can you please explain how Baylor & Kansas are in your words "good"? Of all the teams, 8/12 are over .500., but 3 of those are 5-4, 5-3, & 5-4. Then look at the league records. That is mediocrity & even worse.

Top heavy, as I said. And, for the most part, the story of college football this year. A few really good teams, & then everybody else. The Big 12 as a WHOLE is no better than the Big East.

GreenMachine
10-29-2006, 04:57 PM
35-31, lol :D I'm not a Tech fan, but if someone throws for over 500 yds. and it ain't broke (you know the saying, "if it ain't broke don't fix it", Ya'll better go to work. :eek:

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm not a Tech fan, but if someone throws for over 500 yds. and it ain't broke (you know the saying, "if it ain't broke don't fix it", Ya'll better go to work. :eek: lol. True. 364 of those were in the first half. In the second half Coach Chizik and Akina made some adjustments and they did very well. Also that is to be expected from a Tech team.

wedo
10-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$

If this happens it will be a huge blowout!! 3-3-5 doesn't have enough beef to stop a power running game especially if against a team like michigan!! If it does end up happing like this ill be glad b/c then it might change the NCAA's mind about the dang bcs!!

g$$
10-29-2006, 05:29 PM
wedo:

Enjoy your posts, but please lose the !!!! at the end of every line. Tough to read man...

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 05:30 PM
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g$$
10-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Good job Tiger WR.

Always the mature one in the group as you pad posts. Way to go!

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Good job Tiger WR.

Always the mature one in the group as you pad posts. Way to go! :mad: :(

mwynn05
10-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by g$$
wedo:

Enjoy your posts, but please lose the !!!! at the end of every line. Tough to read man... I was told in a composition class that use exclamation points like you have 3 to use for your whole life