PDA

View Full Version : Region III Game of the Week (9): Crockett @ Diboll

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2006, 01:09 AM
The Crockett Bulldogs & Diboll Lumberjacks will meet in this district 20-3A battle.

Both teams have a 3-0 district record, so this game will be for the first place lead and possibly top seeding for the playoffs, depending upon whether both end up D2. The Bulldogs are 6-3 overall, while the Lumberjacks are 7-1.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 01:19 AM
blah.....Diboll....blah

DTownJack88
10-29-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
blah.....Diboll....blah

lol what u got against Diboll?

Bull's-eye
10-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Do we have any Diboll or Crockett posters?

DTownJack88
10-29-2006, 10:42 AM
just because fox didnt pick it doesnt mean its not a Big Game, this is a very Big Game for these teams plus these teams have been going at it for years and now it is for a district championship and those are just a couple of reasons why this is a good pick for GOTW, plus if you havent noticed it is not the entire 3a, it is split into regions

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by DTownJack88
lol what u got against Diboll? Nothing she didn't pic my nomination :(

It's okay deb your still cool in my book.:) :thumbsup:

pirate4state
10-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Why don't you ask Matthew which is a bigger game? Go check out his latest rankings and then come back and post. Matter of fact, go check out any polls you can find and see which game has the best teams playing. And yes, I do think Bellville/Giddings is an obvious pick this week. Maybe because she doesn't have to ask Matthew!! :rolleyes: Good grief! Every week same crap! :hand:

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 01:41 PM
This thread has turned into...

:( :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :weeping: :weeping:

DTownJack88
10-29-2006, 02:17 PM
GO DIBOLL

Ranger Mom
10-29-2006, 02:33 PM
WOW!! I can't believe not getting choosen for the 3adownlow GOTW is such a BIG DEAL!!!

This is LHPanthermom's deal, she takes suggestions and researches the games and puts A LOT of work into it.

Matthew has given LHPM free reign on this and would never interfere and have her change what was ultimately chosen.

I have discovered over the years that you can't please everyone on this board...no matter WHAT you do, someone's nose is gonna get put out of joint.

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Again, it's not just Matthew. Any poll you look at, Bellville & Giddings are more highly rated. Way to avoid the point. I think having Matthew pick the GOTW would be great, then we could all get a feel for the best games in the state in 3A.

Also, why did you delete my post LHMom? :bigcry: :weeping:

marlin fan
10-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Again, it's not just Matthew. Any poll you look at, Bellville & Giddings are more highly rated. Way to avoid the point. I think having Matthew pick the GOTW would be great, then we could all get a feel for the best games in the state in 3A.

Also, why did you delete my post LHMom? who cares about Polls they dont mean anything!!! just because these teams arnt ranked high like the others dont mean it wont be a good game

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
who cares about Polls they dont mean anything!!! just because these teams arnt ranked high like the others dont mean it wont be a good game Especially this poll! :D Since neither of those teams are in it :D So it doesn't matter to Bellville

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by KL3

There is a Bellville/Giddings thread. And there's also the official whining thread. Go to one of those places to gripe. :mad:

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There is a Bellville/Giddings thread. And there's also the official whining thread. Go to one of those places to gripe. :mad: lol

mistanice
10-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Do we have any Diboll or Crockett posters?

I'm a Diboll poster. I'm sure there are more that are new to the board.

At first I didn't think this game would get any recognition, but i'm glad LHPM noticed. Diboll and Crockett games always pack the house and this should be no different. Crockett hasn't allowed any points in 3 games of district play, while Diboll is averaging 41 points a game this season.

kepdawg
10-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Go Diboll!

How's Moye doing?

mistanice
10-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Go Diboll!

How's Moye doing?

The Lufkin Daily News does a good job in keeping up with stats that are reported by the coaches. Here's a direct link to Moye's stats.

Gilbert Moye (http://www.lufkindailynews.com/sports/stats/football/controller?Page=school_details&AltAction=&Nav=playerinfo&Sport=1&Season=5&School=213639&Player=267855&Schedule=)

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 03:14 PM
I picked Diboll cause that is where J-Mike is from lol

DTownJack88
10-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Yes im sure it is going to be a very good game for all to see, two great teams for the District Title, plus we have been going at it since ive went to Diboll and im sure it went on for awhile before i got to high school, im not quite sure if it's considered a Rivalry or not, im pretty sure it is and if you dont think it is, then in my opinion you should

Diboll has a pretty stacked backfield with Moye, Stanton, Tillman having big games, and recievers who constantly are improving and doing much better than the begginning of the year

I don't know about who all Crockett has but i do know they are good and are not to be taken lightly

So all i can say is lets go Get It Done and GO JACKS

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Maybe we sould let everyone on this board have the power to take post off. When someone post a remark, why does some one with the power get to take the remarks off? I can see if there is bad word or such, Just because the Big game in region 3 in not the big game on here. (FOX SPORTS BIG GAME OF THE WEEK), is 3a, this week.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Maybe we sould let everyone on this board have the power to take post off. When someone post a remark, why does some one with the power get to take the remarks off? I can see if there is bad word or such, Just because the Big game in region 3 in not the big game on here. (FOX SPORTS BIG GAME OF THE WEEK), is 3a, this week.
Every single one of the Bellvile piss & moan posts were removed from THIS thread because they have absolutely NOTHING to do with the game of choice. They have been "preserved" in another thread for griping about it. Some of you guys are absolutely unbelievable. Give it a rest, already!

Ranger Mom
10-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Every single one of the Bellvile piss & moan posts were removed from THIS thread because they have absolutely NOTHING to do with the game of choice. They have been "preserved" in another thread for griping about it. Some of you guys are absolutely unbelievable. Give it a rest, already!

Wow!! Greenwood and Snyders "GOTW" thread was SOOO much different than this one.

Even thought we somewhat "talked trash"...we were nice about it and nobody whined!!:D :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Every single one of the Bellvile piss & moan posts were removed from THIS thread

This is a comment board, with a lot of posters that are Bellville fans. So lets make fun of them now!:mad:

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
This is a comment board, with a lot of posters that are Bellville fans. So lets make fun of them now!:mad:
Hey, I didn't just move them. I moved most of the rest too. I "get it". You don't like the choice for game of the week. Both Bellville AND Giddings have had the honors already. If you want to talk about THIS game, please do so. If you only want to gripe about NOT being chosen, DO IT ON ANOTHER THREAD.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-31-2006, 02:02 PM
12 votes, im willing to beat half are from Bellville posters.

gobbler grad
10-31-2006, 10:31 PM
good luck to both teams...Diboll gets the upper hand...by 10...:thinking:

duckbutter
11-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Crockett should take this one ...Crockett's defense is salty and #88 (i think) nose tackle is a man among boys. Moye is a great athlete but has no stomach for a physical game and this will be the difference. Look for a low scoring game with Crockett winning by 7.

Hupernikomen
11-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by duckbutter
Crockett should take this one ...Crockett's defense is salty and #88 (i think) nose tackle is a man among boys. Moye is a great athlete but has no stomach for a physical game and this will be the difference. Look for a low scoring game with Crockett winning by 7.

Agree on the outcome, but I think Crockett puts up big points on Diboll. Diboll will score a few TDs as well.

Reveille
11-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Duck, when's the last time you seen Moye play? He just might be able to take a shot as a senior. ;)

Mace Griffin
11-03-2006, 02:35 PM
i might make this one tonight if i do maybe ill see some downlowers

j_dog
11-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Reveille
Duck, when's the last time you seen Moye play? He just might be able to take a shot as a senior. ;)
rev, where ya' been ???? thought you might have moved to New York City or ??? :D

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2006, 01:24 AM
Anyone have a score?

zeke
11-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Can't remember the score from recap on the radio coming back home, but Crockett won by several TD's.

pirate4state
11-04-2006, 01:46 AM
FINAL

Crockett 31
Diboll 17