PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute to Sinton

BarneyBulldawg4President
11-30-2002, 06:38 PM
On behald of my family and many Bulldogs I'm sure, Sinton you have a fabulous set of young men on that team. It was by far the best game this season! the support your town showed was nothing short of incredible. We'll be watching out for you next year :D

HotDawg89
11-30-2002, 07:59 PM
Absolutely awesome job Pirates. What a terrific group of fans, and young men. You were definately the opponent we have waited for all season. I'm glad we got to know you like this...we'll be watching out for you for sure! See you next year- same bracket- same time?

Old Dog
11-30-2002, 08:08 PM
Sinton posters.....that was one heck of a football game! The outcome was on the fence rail until very near the end. Looked as if some Burnet players may need help getting up to go to church Sunday. Both sides were hitting VERY hard and kept on a coming til the very end. No doubt Burnet has a very formidable foe next week. Congrats on a great bunch of young men and supporters (that was the largest fan base Burnet has been faced with this year). Does anyone know a rough head count (the stadium holds 14-15 thousand I'm told).

SintonFan
11-30-2002, 08:12 PM
Thanks guys. I can't speak for all Sintonites, but your team and fans conducted themselves very well. Wow! You guys were loud! :) Congratulations on a hard fought win!!!
Thanks again for the kind words.

sinfan75
12-01-2002, 05:33 AM
Old Dog:
Sinton posters.....that was one heck of a football game! The outcome was on the fence rail until very near the end. Looked as if some Burnet players may need help getting up to go to church Sunday. Both sides were hitting VERY hard and kept on a coming til the very end. No doubt Burnet has a very formidable foe next week. Congrats on a great bunch of young men and supporters (that was the largest fan base Burnet has been faced with this year). Does anyone know a rough head count (the stadium holds 14-15 thousand I'm told).Stadium holds a little over 15 so I bet us fans got pretty close to that count.It was a fun game to watch.Good luck Burnet.

sinton66
12-01-2002, 09:03 AM
I too want to chime in with my thanks for the kind words. I am very proud of my town and my team. We always try very hard to win or lose with class. Sinton as a community has always believed that it's not enough to just win, either way, it has to be with class, or what is the point? Good luck to the Burnet Bulldogs and fans. God bless you and keep you safe.

Sinton_Playa 70
12-01-2002, 04:58 PM
Congrats Burnet!! You guys played your hearts out against us and it showed on the scoreboard and on the field. Your community supported you guys 110% as did ours. That's the most people i've seen in an opposing teams stands. You guys gave us the game of our lives besides the state championship last year. Good luck to you guys in the STATE SEMIFINALS!! To all the Sintonites: Thanks for all the support throughout the season. We owed it to you guys to win and i'm sorry we came up short. Without you, the fans, we would not have made that far. We always got next year. To all the Seniors: Adrian #8, Bubba #11, Jules #5, Big Curt #54, Chance #15, Jerry #35, Raymond #75, Kenny #21, Brandon #19, Elias #76, Louis #32, Josh #44, Zach #50, T.J. #68, Fran #78, Omar #6, Alfredo #40, Bryan #65, "Swoajardo" Joseph Guajardo #20, Jaime #67, Duhart #24, Joseph a.k.a "Ghost" #79, Ross #74, Eric #55...thanks for all the hard work, determination and leadership...you guys paved the way for the rest of us guys next year...all the pounding, hard hits, sweat, blood, injuries and tears paid off in the end...you guys leave a long lasting tradition and high expectations for the rest of us. You guys pushed us alot to do our best and achieve great things and I have to thank you guys for that...even though sometimes we got down on ourselves in practice or in a game you guys were there to lift us up. Thanks for a great season and good luck to you guys in the future. To the Sinton Pirate Coaching Staff: Head Coach/Athletic Director Jimmie Mitchell, Coach Chris Jones, Coach Gene Kaspryzk, Coach Paul Ynostrosa, Coach Ray Carroll, Coach Lonnie Goad, Coach Tommy Kelly, Coach Jaime Boswell, Coach Jimmy Goetzel, Coach Cory Nix, Coach Villasana, Coach Trevino, Coach Rios, Coach Silva, and Coach Jefferson...thanks for pushing us in practice, in the weight room, during offseason and on the field...Congrats Coach Mitchell on your first year as head coach and athletic director...12-1 is not bad for your first year as the head coach...hope you stay here in Sinton...Thanks once again to everybody without ya'll we would be nothin...hope you guys come to support Sinton Pirate Football next season and help us reach the State Playoffs once again!!!

sntnpirate1316
12-01-2002, 05:55 PM
13,774 people were at this game according to the corpus christi caller times
first downs---sin-13-----bur-14
rushes-yards--sin-46-205-bur-27-159
passes--------sin-6-16-1-bur-10-16-0
yards passing-sin-106----bur-187
punts---------sin-3-30---bur-2-39
fumbles-lost--sin-2-2----bur-2-2
penalties-----sin-5-30---bur-3-15

sinton66
12-01-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Sinton_Playa70:
To all the Sintonites: Thanks for all the support throughout the season. We owed it to you guys to win and i'm sorry we came up short. Without you, the fans, we would not have made that far. We always got next year. The true Sinton fans will always support you and your team mates. There is no need for any apologies here. Our thanks to you younger guys that had to be thrown into the fire this year. Thank you for your dedication and continuing efforts. You did your best(and it was quite good), and as for me and most of the Sinton fans, we would have no right to ask any more of you. Your post here shows the kind of class our town and school is most proud of. And by the way, welcome to the classiest football board in the State.

Old Cardinal
12-01-2002, 08:29 PM
I have always thought that the Sinton Community and Ball teams were an example of good Sportsmanship. Sorry that you lost, but you went to the 3rd round, a lot of team never get even that far. Eight Playoff games in two years is an admirable record. Best of luck in baseball this year,also.

SintonFan
12-03-2002, 12:44 AM
Sinton_Playa 70:
Congrats Burnet!! You guys played your hearts out against us and it showed on the scoreboard and on the field. Your community supported you guys 110% as did ours. That's the most people i've seen in an opposing teams stands. You guys gave us the game of our lives besides the state championship last year. Good luck to you guys in the STATE SEMIFINALS!! To all the Sintonites: Thanks for all the support throughout the season. We owed it to you guys to win and i'm sorry we came up short. Without you, the fans, we would not have made that far. We always got next year. To all the Seniors: Adrian #8, Bubba #11, Jules #5, Big Curt #54, Chance #15, Jerry #35, Raymond #75, Kenny #21, Brandon #19, Elias #76, Louis #32, Josh #44, Zach #50, T.J. #68, Fran #78, Omar #6, Alfredo #40, Bryan #65, "Swoajardo" Joseph Guajardo #20, Jaime #67, Duhart #24, Joseph a.k.a "Ghost" #79, Ross #74, Eric #55...thanks for all the hard work, determination and leadership...you guys paved the way for the rest of us guys next year...all the pounding, hard hits, sweat, blood, injuries and tears paid off in the end...you guys leave a long lasting tradition and high expectations for the rest of us. You guys pushed us alot to do our best and achieve great things and I have to thank you guys for that...even though sometimes we got down on ourselves in practice or in a game you guys were there to lift us up. Thanks for a great season and good luck to you guys in the future. To the Sinton Pirate Coaching Staff: Head Coach/Athletic Director Jimmie Mitchell, Coach Chris Jones, Coach Gene Kaspryzk, Coach Paul Ynostrosa, Coach Ray Carroll, Coach Lonnie Goad, Coach Tommy Kelly, Coach Jaime Boswell, Coach Jimmy Goetzel, Coach Cory Nix, Coach Villasana, Coach Trevino, Coach Rios, Coach Silva, and Coach Jefferson...thanks for pushing us in practice, in the weight room, during offseason and on the field...Congrats Coach Mitchell on your first year as head coach and athletic director...12-1 is not bad for your first year as the head coach...hope you stay here in Sinton...Thanks once again to everybody without ya'll we would be nothin...hope you guys come to support Sinton Pirate Football next season and help us reach the State Playoffs once again!!!Thank you Sinton_Playa 70!
You have shown what Sinton is all about! You have represented Sinton WELL! Just remember us here will always support Sinton in the best way we know how! Damn! To all you pirates, this was a year we our all proud of!!! You guys always put your best effort and we recognize it! :cool: :) :cool:

<small>[ December 03, 2002, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

SINTON81
12-03-2002, 02:02 AM
Sinton_Playa 70:
Congrats Burnet!! You guys played your hearts out against us and it showed on the scoreboard and on the field. Your community supported you guys 110% as did ours. That's the most people i've seen in an opposing teams stands. You guys gave us the game of our lives besides the state championship last year. Good luck to you guys in the STATE SEMIFINALS!! To all the Sintonites: Thanks for all the support throughout the season. We owed it to you guys to win and i'm sorry we came up short. Without you, the fans, we would not have made that far. We always got next year. To all the Seniors: Adrian #8, Bubba #11, Jules #5, Big Curt #54, Chance #15, Jerry #35, Raymond #75, Kenny #21, Brandon #19, Elias #76, Louis #32, Josh #44, Zach #50, T.J. #68, Fran #78, Omar #6, Alfredo #40, Bryan #65, "Swoajardo" Joseph Guajardo #20, Jaime #67, Duhart #24, Joseph a.k.a "Ghost" #79, Ross #74, Eric #55...thanks for all the hard work, determination and leadership...you guys paved the way for the rest of us guys next year...all the pounding, hard hits, sweat, blood, injuries and tears paid off in the end...you guys leave a long lasting tradition and high expectations for the rest of us. You guys pushed us alot to do our best and achieve great things and I have to thank you guys for that...even though sometimes we got down on ourselves in practice or in a game you guys were there to lift us up. Thanks for a great season and good luck to you guys in the future. To the Sinton Pirate Coaching Staff: Head Coach/Athletic Director Jimmie Mitchell, Coach Chris Jones, Coach Gene Kaspryzk, Coach Paul Ynostrosa, Coach Ray Carroll, Coach Lonnie Goad, Coach Tommy Kelly, Coach Jaime Boswell, Coach Jimmy Goetzel, Coach Cory Nix, Coach Villasana, Coach Trevino, Coach Rios, Coach Silva, and Coach Jefferson...thanks for pushing us in practice, in the weight room, during offseason and on the field...Congrats Coach Mitchell on your first year as head coach and athletic director...12-1 is not bad for your first year as the head coach...hope you stay here in Sinton...Thanks once again to everybody without ya'll we would be nothin...hope you guys come to support Sinton Pirate Football next season and help us reach the State Playoffs once again!!!Sinton_Playa 70 and all Sinton Playa's, congrats on a great season. Count me in next year, I'll be there. As a matter of fact I think I can speak for all Sinton posters on this board in saying we will all be there next year.

Sinton94
12-03-2002, 12:27 PM
I thought the same of the Bellville team and fans last year and again with the Burnet team and fans this year. Sure is nice to see the respect all these kids deserve.
Sinton as usual you showed what this town is really all about. Home of Champions win or lose!

Good luck Burnet! We're behind you!

20StephDawg05
12-03-2002, 06:55 PM
Sinton-Y'all did a really great job at the game. I really thought y'all were gonna score alot on us when u got to ur TD area. I give u props for putting up a good game for us Dawgs. I like what was stated before...we'll look out for y'all next year! Once again. Great Job! and AWESOME fans!!!

GO DAWGS! We'll make it! I am so proud of all of you!!! *muuuuuuuah !!!