PDA

View Full Version : First Round Matchups

kepdawg
10-28-2006, 10:29 PM
What are some likely good first round matchups in your area? It's about time to start planning some road trips.

lostaussie
10-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Gilmer/Liberty Eylau is all but a done deal.

dogdad
10-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Kennedale-Roosevelt should be good

44INAROW
10-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Gilmer/Liberty Eylau is all but a done deal.

sounds like a great matchup - but that would be a LONG road trip for me - I hope to be going to a Cuero game somewhere closer :) looking like a Cuero vs Sinton rematch - wonder where that would be played? Alamodome, Canibus Field, Victoria Memorial maybe (if not Sinton, who would it be?)

IHStangFan
10-29-2006, 12:09 AM
IF it is not Sinton, it will probably be Orange Grove right? Ingleside will be D-I more than likely which will put them against who? Gonzales?

44INAROW
10-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
IF it is not Sinton, it will probably be Orange Grove right? Ingleside will be D-I more than likely which will put them against who? Gonzales?
yes,Gonzales will be the Div 1 rep - with the win over Yoakum last night - they sealed that deal....... Cuero will play the runner up in District 30 (I think that's how it goes) bout the time I get it figured out, it changes lol

IHStangFan
10-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
yes,Gonzales will be the Div 1 rep - with the win over Yoakum last night - they sealed that deal....... Cuero will play the runner up in District 30 (I think that's how it goes) bout the time I get it figured out, it changes lol then unless something goes horribly wrong inbetween now and then...it'll be Ingleside -vs- Gonzales and Cuero -vs Orange Grove.....I think?

JR2004
10-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by dogdad
Kennedale-Roosevelt should be good

That should be a pretty good game. Velt has one of the top 3 duos at wideout in the state with Danny Hogan and Vincent McNeil and are well worth going to see.

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2006, 01:13 AM
Too many possible scenarios between districts 17 & 18 right now for me to even think that far ahead.

piratebg
10-29-2006, 09:58 AM
So if Cuero draws OG, then who doe Sinton get?

rgn4fb
10-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Too many possible scenarios between districts 17 & 18 right now for me to even think that far ahead. My prediction is Sinton vs Cuero, Orange Grove vs. Yoakum, and Ingleside vs. Gonzales.

rgn4fb
10-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Of course if we have a three way tie with Orange Grove and Ingleside for the DC, then it is not determined. I am not sure if they will use the head to head for Div II since Ingleside would already have to go Div I. If someone has contact with someone with the district policy, please post what it is so we can make our predictions.

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 11:44 AM
I'm hearing Swater will meet either Sanger or Argyle. Anyone know for sure?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
Of course if we have a three way tie with Orange Grove and Ingleside for the DC, then it is not determined. I am not sure if they will use the head to head for Div II since Ingleside would already have to go Div I. If someone has contact with someone with the district policy, please post what it is so we can make our predictions.

if those three are tied, first thing is who is labeled as the District Champions i would guess power points is how that is done. so they would get seeded on how they finish 1-2-3 by power points. Then they would get the D1 school which would be Ingleside, Then D2 would be seeded 1 and 2 against cuero district seed 1 and 2 for D2

D1 Ingleside vs Gonzales
D2 Seed 1(Cuero) vs Seed 2(Sinton/OG)
Seed 1(Sinton/OG vs Seed 2 Yoakum(if they get in)

mwynn05
10-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
if those three are tied, first thing is who is labeled as the District Champions i would guess power points is how that is done. so they would get seeded on how they finish 1-2-3 by power points. Then they would get the D1 school which would be Ingleside, Then D2 would be seeded 1 and 2 against cuero district seed 1 and 2 for D2

D1 Ingleside vs Gonzales
D2 Seed 1(Cuero) vs Seed 2(Sinton/OG)
Seed 1(Sinton/OG vs Seed 2 Yoakum(if they get in) You would be district tri-champs and then they would seed using whatever tie breaker procedure was chosen at the district meeting

VERNONLION#1
10-29-2006, 06:30 PM
If Vernon gets in they will probably be heading west to meet Dalhart or Perryton. Any thoughts.

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
You would be district tri-champs and then they would seed using whatever tie breaker procedure was chosen at the district meeting

The tie breaker would only need to determine seeding for the two going to the DII playoffs. The School with the largest enrollment will automatically go as the DI rep, not matter what. Head to head winner of the two DII teams will determine that seeding.

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
If Vernon gets in they will probably be heading west to meet Dalhart or Perryton. Any thoughts.

I really think that whole pan handle district is pretty suspect with fairly weak but evenly matched teams among themselves. I dont see any of them getting past round 1. Vernon shouldnt have too much trouble with either of those.

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Who is S'water projected to play first?

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Who is S'water projected to play first?

Not sure, but I'm hearing Sanger or Argyle. I really havent studied it that close yet, just going by what I heard. And all that may have changed, depending on what happened in that district on Friday night.

texasjeremy
10-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Palestine-Carthage

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The tie breaker would only need to determine seeding for the two going to the DII playoffs. The School with the largest enrollment will automatically go as the DI rep, not matter what. Head to head winner of the two DII teams will determine that seeding.

if thats true then if Sinton gets in and OG does also. Sinton gets Cuero first round. OG gets Yoakum

mwynn05
10-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The tie breaker would only need to determine seeding for the two going to the DII playoffs. The School with the largest enrollment will automatically go as the DI rep, not matter what. Head to head winner of the two DII teams will determine that seeding. yes i know this

CueroGobblers
10-29-2006, 07:47 PM
I was at the game in Mathis against Sinton. Mathis is just getting it together this year. I know that this is the coaches first year but what is helping them is that he brings the same offense that Coach Soza runs. Sorry to get off track but what I saw about Sinton is that they don't have a good defense. They were crowding that line with 8 men on the line. Mathis doesn't really run a shotgun offense type or power i but for instance if they do play Cuero. Its going to be worse than last years loss against Cuero. Sinton will go out in the first round no matter who they play. Sorry to say that.:wave:

DTownJack88
10-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Palestine-Carthage

theres a chance that Carthage wont even make playoffs this year, they've been beat by Crockett and Rusk