PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs Nacogdoches

duckbutter
09-10-2002, 04:13 PM
Really don't think this will be much of a test for you guys. I hear Nac is not very good this yr and has been giving up a ton of points in the last 2 games. We go to Nac in a couple of weeks so you guys throw everything you have at them, we need some good scouting films. By the way is Jory Adams still playing both ways?

mojjo_1
09-10-2002, 05:19 PM
Jasper needs to play 1 game at a time and stay focused. I don't think they played with much intensity last week. Everyone expects the team to win and the fans have been fairly quiet. In the second half there were a lot of players going in and out.Joree may have played 15 plays on defense. Jason McQueen played a few plays on defense. Jorden was the QB for a most of the 2nd half. Jasper played most of team from what I could tell. Last year the starters played most of the game, this year it's the second half shuffle. This should help Jasper's depth later in the season.

eye of the tiger
09-10-2002, 05:22 PM
I think Jasper will win this one handily. The old Nac attack aint back lately.

Bulldog92
09-10-2002, 05:33 PM
I listened to the end of the Jasper-Silsbee game the other night and they have both Bryant and Adams playing both ways, which means both lines are monstrous and very difficult to penetrate. They probably need to work on offense a little more against Nac to shore it up, but I'm guessing they won't throw in the kitchen sink until the Newton game. Having Walkoviak in Newton might help a little, but not that much considering Jasper's changes in philosophy on both sides of the ball....offense especially. As far as I know, Newton is running the same stuff they always have and that could be an advantage for Jasper because of how well they're defending the running game so far.

mojjo_1
09-10-2002, 10:30 PM
I heard that Nacs QB may be out for this game. Has anybody heard that? I was at the game Friday and I don't remember Joesph Bryant playing any offense. I may have missed it though.

duckbutter
09-11-2002, 08:25 AM
Newton still runs the same ol stuff, but it works. We can run the same play out of 20 different formations and sooner or later Barbay will find something that can't be stopped. In my opinion the Bryant kid is the best lineman, offense and defense, that Jasper has. Adams is the perfect prototype lineman but Bryant is plain ol nasty. Our kids will tell you that Bryant is the one that they worry about, not Adams.

Reveille
09-11-2002, 02:04 PM
Mojjo, I heard Nac's QB was hurt and will not play. Even if he were in the game, it is not going to matter. Jasper should by by 35+ points.

duckbutter
09-11-2002, 02:10 PM
I would say an easy 35 points.