PDA

View Full Version : Region II Game of the Week (9): Dallas Roosevelt @ Dallas Madison

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Roosevelt Mustangs and Madison Trojans will meet THURSDAY in this district 11-3a game.

This game will most likely decide the district title. Roosevelt has an overall 6-2 record, and is 3-0 in district. Madison (ranked # 7 in last week's AP poll) is 7-0 overall and has a 3-0 district record.

Thoughts? Predictions?

3afan
10-29-2006, 05:59 AM
good Thursday night game, thought about going, but ----- Forney plays @ Poteet with the winner most likely taking the 3rd playoff spot in 10-4A so thats where I'll be

Matthew328
10-29-2006, 10:09 AM
I am really thinking about making this one....Roosevelt is really strong this year....with QB Giles playing great they've been able to move Vincent McNeal to WR/DB and that makes the Mustangs dangerous...this is Madison's biggest test since early on when they beat Lincoln...

Aesculus gilmus
10-29-2006, 04:35 PM
There ought to be lots of Gilmer scouts at this game, especially since it's on Thursday night.

JR2004
10-29-2006, 07:08 PM
This game ought to have plenty of scouts at it from schools that might see these two teams in the playoffs. There will probably be just as many college scouts on hand taking a look at several players. Madison's defensive coordinator, Marcus Gates, isn't one to throw compliments around without good reason. He said earlier this season that he wouldn't be surprised to see Roosevelt WR Danny Hogan playing football in the NFL down the road. The last time I remember hearing him speak so highly of one player was when he was talking about Manuel Johnson two years ago.

carter08
10-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Thursday Night Football is not as good as Friday Night Football. I pick Madison

kaorder1999
10-30-2006, 11:21 AM
i wish I could go but will be at our subvarsity games. I think Madison will win convincingly. I may be wrong though. I would also like to see that Forney-Poteet game. That is a HUGe game for Forney. Probably the biggest game for them since they've been 4A.

injuredinmelee
10-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
There ought to be lots of Gilmer scouts at this game, especially since it's on Thursday night.

oh man the jokes that are popping into my mind...

Aesculus gilmus
10-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I left myself wide open with that remark.

Actually, it's JR who may be recruiting at this game. He's wanted to lure some of our offensive coaches to Madison for a while now.

JR2004
10-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Actually, it's JR who may be recruiting at this game. He's wanted to lure some of our offensive coaches to Madison for a while now.

This man tells the truth! We only need one of them to move out here to the Metroplex. :)

JR2004
10-31-2006, 06:38 PM
This game won't be a blowout in my opinion. I would pretty much call this one a pick'em. Neither of these schools has a whole lot of respect for the other one at all and outside of the Lincoln game this is the biggest regular season game for Madison. The best thing that happened to Velt was Vincent McNeil's injury that he suffered in the 2nd game of the season. That injury allowed Darrique Giles to move to QB and after losing by 3 to Molina (game where Molina's kicker hit from 50 and 57 yards.) they've been on a 5 game winning streak. I feel if Giles had been the QB from the beginning of the season that they'd be undefeated right now.

Giles over the last 5 games has completed 61 percent of his passes and has averaged 277 yards per game passing during the streak. Over the last five games he's thrown for TWENTY-ONE touchdowns and has 24 TD passes total in 6 and a half games. His best WR, Danny Hogan, (LSU is listed among his college choices with several others that have offered as well.) has caught 38 passes for 759 yards and has SEVENTEEN TD receptions. (He also has a punt return for a TD this year.) McNeil made his return to the lineup a couple of weeks back and he moved to WR. He already has a 7 catch 148 yard effort to his credit since returning from his injury. If these guys played at a higher profile football school folks wouldn't quit talking about how good they are, but they're at Velt so they do this in relative obscurity.

Both of Madison's corners, Larry Johnson (Nebraska among his choices) and Greg Jordan (still a junior), are going to be playing D1 football. While they've both been playing great as of late they haven't seen two receivers of the caliber of these two kids from Velt. If both teams play up to what they're capable of doing offensively then the winner could wind up being whoever has the ball last.

gobbler grad
10-31-2006, 10:30 PM
gotta take Madison here...sounds like it will be a good game...

jlwzz
11-02-2006, 06:41 PM
anyone know were it can be listened to online?