PDA

View Full Version : D23-3A playoffs....LaGrange has become Bellville's biggest fans

Bull's-eye
10-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Bellville and Giddings lead with a 3-0 mark. LG, Caldwell & Navasota are all 1-2. Smithville is 0-3

Bellville & Giddings will play next week for the district crown. LG has the inside track for 3rd place, but must hope Bellville wins at least one of their last two games. IF Bellville loses both to Gddings and Caldwell, there will most likely be 3 way tie for 2nd place. Bellville, Caldwell & LG could all be 3-2 with only 2 playoff spots remaining. LG would be the odd man out due to point differential. Bellville is currently +18, Caldwell is -1 and LG is -17. Not very likely, but Navasota could also play spoiler with a win over Caldwell or LG.

Pudlugger
10-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Interesting. I guess in a three way tie head to head doesn't matter just points. I am pretty confident Bellville will win at least one if not both of its next two games. But stranger things have happened and it ain't over yet.:eek:

Bull's-eye
10-28-2006, 01:41 PM
In this scenario, all teams would be 1-1 in head to head competition. There is also a max number allowed to prevent blow-outs from factoring too much into the equation. A couple of years ago, Bellville, Rice and Navasota were tri-champions. Bellville was the number 1 seed due to point differential between the 3 teams. The good thing is that all 3 went to the playoffs. In this case, somebody will stay home.

Pud, we wil do our best. Don't overlook Navasota, they do have some great athletes. LG needs to TCB and everything should be fine.

Pudlugger
10-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
In this scenario, all teams would be 1-1 in head to head competition. There is also a max number allowed to prevent blow-outs from factoring too much into the equation. A couple of years ago, Bellville, Rice and Navasota were tri-champions. Bellville was the number 1 seed due to point differential between the 3 teams. The good thing is that all 3 went to the playoffs. In this case, somebody will stay home.

Pud, we wil do our best. Don't overlook Navasota, they do have some great athletes. LG needs to TCB and everything should be fine.

Well, I am confident that both teams will play well seeing as so much is riding on it. I know Bellville wants district and the Leps want to make the playoffs. No one in La Grange expected the Leps to win district and few expected them to be 6-2 now with a shot at making the playoffs, so even though it was tough to lose last night we are proud of these boys. I think they will be very hungry for wins from here on out. As for Bellville, I think they will pull off an upset and beat Giddings. If any team in the district can stop the Buffs it's Bellville with their mult-dimensional offense and outstanding defense. [Just have to avoid those turnovers 'cause the Buffs will score more than the three points the Leps got on the three recovered fumbles last night.] Good luck.:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2006, 10:02 AM
Talk smack, last week about Bellville, and The Pasture of Pain, and this week, knowing Bellville needs to win one game for LG to make the play-offs.
All together Lep Fans, GO BELLVILLE!!

Pudlugger
10-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Talk smack, last week about Bellville, and The Pasture of Pain, and this week, knowing Bellville needs to win one game for LG to make the play-offs.
All together Lep Fans, GO BELLVILLE!!

I haven't talked smack. I supported my team like any loyal fan would. When Bellville won I was very gracious and complemented the Bulls. You should be better at dealing with winning than this by now. Just move on to the Giddings game. The teams have settled the issue on the field, no need to rub it in on the 'Low.:(

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
no need to rub it in on the 'Low.:(

And if LG would have up-set Bellville, were you not ready to rub it in? You said you would have the crow ready to serve.

Pudlugger
10-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
And if LG would have up-set Bellville, were you not ready to rub it in? You said you would have the crow ready to serve.

I think they call this projection.:hand:

UPanIN
10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Navasota might beat LG but they will not beat Caldwell.

It would be great if Navasota won both but I don't think they have the talent this year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Navasota might beat LG but they will not beat Caldwell.

Were is this game? is it this week?

coiled2strike
10-31-2006, 03:05 PM
we play in caldwell this week and la grange comes to us next

Pudlugger
10-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by coiled2strike
we play in caldwell this week and la grange comes to us next

This will be a big game for the Leps. They know what is one the line and will come prepared for a tough game. Navasota would love to ruin the Leps season, but I don't think they will pull it off.:)