PDA

View Full Version : Wimberly and Liberty Hill

Gobbla2001
10-06-2003, 04:26 PM
I'm lookin' for some honest unbiased opinions on this one...

Who should win and why?

<small>[ October 07, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

Chris Hart
10-06-2003, 05:06 PM
This should be one of the best 3A match-ups in the state this week. Liberty Hill runs the wing-T offense, and are really good at it. Wimberley likes to throw the ball, although the ground game is still their strength. Both defenses are pretty good as well, If Wimberley has success throwing, I'll say Wimberley by 7. If Liberty Hill can stop the Texans passing game, then I say Liberty Hill by 14. I'm really curious to see if either defense can stop the offenses in this one. Wimberley can win this game, but I'm picking the Panthers to GRIND out a win. Should be a GREAT game!

spaniard
10-06-2003, 05:07 PM
Gobbla2001:

Who should win and why?i think that this will most likely be an even game. depending on where the location is, it could almost go either way just from that factor. but with the numbers that lh has been putting up offensively, wimberley will have to be heads up and look for all the misdirection plays. and for lh, their defense will have to watch out for an up and coming offense on wimberley's side of the ball. this is all judging from last years game with both against burnet, and i think that the rb for lh has stepped in for winstead very well, and it seems as though the wimberley offense has been getting better. i think this will probly be the first real test for both teams this year.

GoForIt
10-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Liberty Hill, 35-13

Gobbla2001
10-06-2003, 05:43 PM
Huh?

<small>[ October 07, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

espn1
10-06-2003, 05:49 PM
spaniard:

Gobbla2001:

Who should win and why?i think that this will most likely be an even game. depending on where the location is, it could almost go either way just from that factor. but with the numbers that lh has been putting up offensively, wimberley will have to be heads up and look for all the misdirection plays. and for lh, their defense will have to watch out for an up and coming offense on wimberley's side of the ball. this is all judging from last years game with both against burnet, and i think that the rb for lh has stepped in for winstead very well, and it seems as though the wimberley offense has been getting better. i think this will probly be the first real test for both teams this year.I don't think it's the first real test for Wimberley since they got beat by Luling. Lh beat a decent Caldwell team. I pick Lh to win this game. 28-14

<small>[ October 06, 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

thunder
10-06-2003, 05:50 PM
liberty hill will take this one with #12 still in good form,#7 is starting to find his way around, scoring 3 t.d.s last week,one for a 60 yrd. run. l.h. by 14.

<small>[ October 06, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: thunder ]</small>

therealbulldogs
10-06-2003, 11:38 PM
I'm going with Wimberly by 10.

spaniard
10-06-2003, 11:55 PM
espn1:
I don't think it's the first real test for Wimberley since they got beat by Luling. Lh beat a decent Caldwell team. I pick Lh to win this game. 28-14</strong>[/QUOTE]

i forgot about luling

JCM
10-07-2003, 09:13 AM
As someone who grew-up in Liberty Hill and now lives near Burnet, I believe I can be objective. LH coaching (Coach Vance) and the home field advantage will swing the game to the Panthers. Nobody uses this talent more effectively than Coach Vance. Wimberely impressed with their victory over La Vernia but I think LH will prevail 28-21 in a hard fought contest. The LH defense will be a key.

Old Dog
10-07-2003, 12:45 PM
This will one of the more intersting games to watch. Good luck to both....edge to LH for me.

BIG19
10-07-2003, 01:05 PM
The only advantage I can see will be the home field. I am going to go with LH by 10. Should be a very good game. Might go to this one instead of the Burnet/Llano game, on second thought I don't think so. Good luck Panthers!

Pandora
10-07-2003, 01:22 PM
I believe that the winner of this game should be the district runner-up, unless all of this Burnet talk on the board is just hype. It should be a good game to watch.

Gobbla2001
10-07-2003, 04:07 PM
Why are you guys talking about Llano and Burnet?

<small>[ October 07, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

Burnet Dawg06
10-07-2003, 04:11 PM
I'm confused, the topic says Llano and Burnet...not Liberty Hill and Wimberley but as long as we are talking about them, I say Libery Hill is gonna win.

booger1
10-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Gobbla2001:
Why are you guys talking about Wimberly and Liberty Hill?I was wonderin the same thing! Attention span must be this long -.

20dawgz05
10-07-2003, 04:27 PM
yeah me too i was confused i clicked back to see if i hit the right topic lol.......but so we can get on the topic of burnet/llano this is one of the funnest games that we all look forward to....seein as how we are rivals in both band and football!! the fans stay pumped up the whole time b/c the football team is goin and the bands are having there own lil battles back and forth!!! HEHE well maybe we will get on the right topic now!!!

clay
10-08-2003, 11:29 AM
I'm about sick of hearing the Liberty Hill Panthers talk trash. They have one good season last year and they think they are the best team in the state. When was the last time ya'll won a district title? Quit running your mouths because Burnets going to make you look like A**es again. Maybe even Wimberley.

PAINTBALL
10-08-2003, 07:43 PM
I believe the run only offense will hurt Liberty Hill more this year then last because Wimberly and Llano are stronger then last year. Wimberly wins this game. Then Liberty Hill better sweat Llano for a playoff spot. Don't count out Bandara either, they seem to be getting better every game as their young players gain experience.

Hazben
10-08-2003, 08:59 PM
dear clay you know for someone that is tired of hearing things you sound awful like a winer your self... besides last year is last year.so leave it if someone feels like talking then just wait to see if they can back it up or not! quit crying over spilt milk!

Football Guru 25
10-08-2003, 10:08 PM
ok, don't mind the number of posts that I have, because all you have to do is check the TexasPrepXtra Central Board and you will see that I have been around.

NOW on to the Liberty Hill and Wimberley game. The key will not be either of the teams offenses. It will come down to which defense steps up. I see a weakness in the LH defense. LH can't cover the pass. You can go on and on about how they have only given up 300 passing yards, but have they actually played a team that has a talented QB or decent WRs? I will answer that one for you. NO! What happened when they played Burnet last year? They got beat. Magee abused LH's secondary. And LH lost. Ok, now what happened when LH played Yoakum in the second round of the playoffs? They QB was able to get the ball down field SEVERAL times. Granted, LH should have won that game, BUT Yoakum was able to put themselves in position to win because the pass was there. NOW, we get to my point. Wimberley has a chance to exploit LH's lack of a good secondary. Because LH tries to defend the pass by pressuring the QB instead of actually playing pass coverages. Wimberley has a great QB in #10 Hootie Churchman and good WR's in #3 Jost Wallace and #9 Daniel Polhemus. If LH tried to throw that man-coverage around ALL game, then they are going to get TOASTED. Churchman is a VERY mobile QB that can avoid the rush. And he has great presence of mind to tuck the ball and get outside the pocket and still look down field and find the open WR.

On the other side of the ball, Wimberley had a hard time stopping ONE back versus Luling, much less 3 or 4 against LH. BUT, during the Luling game, the defense SWARMED to the ball, they just didn't make the tackle. It could be that either they can't tackle well or the RB was good. I think it was that the back was GOOD. He was a short, stocky back that had some HUGE legs.

So the key will be the defense. Which defense will show up to play? Will LH prepare long and hard for the pass (no, because they didn't against Burnet or Yoakum last year, so why do it this year)? Will Wimberley learn to tackle?

I think that learning to tackle is a little easier to do then playing man-to-man coverage the ENTIRE game. So my advantage goes to Wimberley, even though the game is in Liberty Hill.

I say Wimberley by 10.

clay
10-09-2003, 12:03 PM
nice analysis GURU, I have seen both teams play and there couldnt have been a better run down than that.

Football Guru 25
10-09-2003, 08:48 PM
thank you clay.

PS. I will be at the game. Should be a good one.

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Football Guru 25 ]</small>

espn1
10-09-2003, 08:57 PM
LH By 2 TD's

Football Guru 25
10-09-2003, 09:12 PM
you must be SICK, ESPN1.5

Stick to the CENTRAL board. You seem to make more sense over there.

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Clay, have you seen us play? Did you see us play last year? We've never thought we were the best in the state. Our seniors last year beat Burnet as freshman. Burnet may tear us up again, but we'll be there to play. As far as Yoakum goes, in case you weren't at that game, there were several bad penalty calls. The Yoakum coach even told some of our players after the game that we should have won the game.

Since you're from San Marcos, you should know who Coach Vance is. He is absolutely the best thing that has happened to the LH football program since I moved here in 1995. Go ahead and talk trash about us. BTW, when do ya'll play Westlake?

explayer
10-10-2003, 08:55 PM
actually those seniors as freshmen did not beat Burnet but it was close. Patick Miller for Burnet score with about a minute left to give them the win. It was the best under class game I have ever seen.

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Dang, my mistake. Must've been thinking of the 8th grade year. You're right - they pulled Patrick off varsity to play against us.

spaniard
10-10-2003, 10:52 PM
LH Panther Mom:
Dang, my mistake. Must've been thinking of the 8th grade year. You're right - they pulled Patrick off varsity to play against us.miller didnt start suiting up for varsity till his sophmore year, that was my senior year. we had another back named john akinloye that was a beast as well

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2003, 10:58 PM
I think both of us are confused. Not you, but me & explayer. Ya know when you go to 60 of your son's games, it's hard to keep up with all of them.

spaniard
10-10-2003, 10:59 PM
LH Panther Mom:
I think both of us are confused. Not you, but me & explayer. Ya know when you go to 60 of your son's games, it's hard to keep up with all of them.i can buy that, i didnt mean to come across as rude or anything, sorry if i did. seems like you guys have a pair of beastly runningbacks as well.

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2003, 11:04 PM
I didn't think that.

thunder
10-11-2003, 12:55 AM
guru25 and clay and all of your buddies,the crow has been served!