PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texans

gold_33
10-28-2006, 11:06 AM
The Wimberley Texans are now 7-1(1-0) with seven straight wins after a week 0 loss to Giddings. This team has come a long way since then and if you would have told me after that game that the Texans would go through the rest of pre-district undefeated I would have laughed til it hurt cause we looked horrible that game. Well I was wrong and even though we are not the same team as last year this team now knows what its like to lose and they're doing what they have to do to win and have shown they are still a top team with wins over Liberty-Euylau, Abilene Wylie and Liberty Hill. I know everyone in Wimberley is looking foward for a rematch with Cuero and most of the seniors this year were on the team that lost a heartbreaker to Cuero two years ago and knock on wood that looks like it could be in the third round of the playoffs barring any major roadbumps. Im sure all this post did was open the flood gates for people to rip apart the Texans but like or dislike them the Texans will once again be a force to reckoned with in the playoffs. Im proud of these boys for stepping up this year and tryin to fill some big shoes and expectations that were left behind.

crabman
10-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Go back to all of the Cuero posts from two years ago. Players and fans alike all agreed that Wimberly was the best team the Gobblers faced the entire year, Wylie included. No disrespect to Wylie.

On a sidenote, how come everytime you say "no disrespect" the next thing out of your mouth is disrespecting. Or when you say "well she is my friend, but......."

Anyway, Wimberly was the most well coached, well disciplined, talented team of the year. That was evident when they walked through to the state title the following year. I am sure the loss to Gidding may have been a matter of two teams that were at different points in their preparation and maturity as a team. Giddings got out red hot and Wimberly is building toward the end of the year. Wimberly is the real deal. I hope the game takes place. My son has graduated so I can actually enjoy the game without getting sick to my stomach.

Tx Challenge
10-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Why would it open up the floodgates for ppl to rip the Texans? This coming from a LH fan. Wimberley has a great program. I expect them to do well again this year come playoff time. I have not really looked too closely to the playoffs in Reg 4 but I would expect the Texans and Cuero to get the chance to play. I suppose Bandera has to make the playoffs or Wimberley would go Div 1?

It was smart to schedule a tough preseason schedule. I would hate to be in a 4 team district though. To me that is a joke. By not replacing LH with another team, 1 win in district can get you in 2 will lock in a playoff spot. That is too easy. If you take the easy way out in predistrict and get in the playoffs in the #3 spot, the overall record might look ok, but once the playoffs start, I see no way a team can be ready for the task ahead.

Kudos to Weldon for putting Wimberley against some strong playoff contenders before district. Good luck the rest of the way

gold_33
10-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Bandera should make the playoffs cause all they have to do is beat Ingram and they are horrible so if they do Wimberley will be DII and could possibly face Cuero in the third round if everything goes right and I would expect the winner of that to win region IV. The four team district was a terrible idea cause you face scheduling problems cause most teams have started district and your left out on a limb and with Wimberley winning state last year many teams did not want to play us so Nelms had no other choice but to schedule hard teams that were in the same situation but I think it was the best thing for this bunch cause it made them grow up fast and gain some great experience against playoff caliber teams.

Tx Challenge
10-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Bandera should make the playoffs cause all they have to do is beat Ingram and they are horrible so if they do Wimberley will be DII and could possibly face Cuero in the third round if everything goes right and I would expect the winner of that to win region IV. The four team district was a terrible idea cause you face scheduling problems cause most teams have started district and your left out on a limb and with Wimberley winning state last year many teams did not want to play us so Nelms had no other choice but to schedule hard teams that were in the same situation but I think it was the best thing for this bunch cause it made them grow up fast and gain some great experience against playoff caliber teams.

I thought that Bandera would be the Div1 rep. since the Warriors are weak again this year.

I understand getting games to play. A lot of teams will back away from a tough team. I guess it is all in how you look at it. If a program is weak, it helps to schedule teams you have a chance against. I think for the Texans though, there might me a few decent 4a teams that would schedule them

LHPfactory
10-28-2006, 01:50 PM
I think if wimberly and giddings played again the out come would likely be different. I didnt think much of the Texans before we played yall this season. I think the trouble Buse had with that infection in Week zero had yall hampered. But after watching the game (LH vs Wimberly) Buse is Mr Intangible and the catilyst for the whole team. If Michael is playing a great game the whole team rises up. Yall undoubtly solved the leadership issues that were evident around week zero. D2 region 3 and 4 is gonna be tough(the toughest road to the finals in the state). Cuero, Wimberly, Giddings, Belleville, WOS, and Liberty Hill. Who ever survives this war should be D2 state champ a week later.

GreenMachine
10-28-2006, 02:07 PM
All the regions have very solid teams. Whoever wins it all has DEFINITELY earned it. :thumbsup:

gold_33
10-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
I think if wimberly and giddings played again the out come would likely be different. I didnt think much of the Texans before we played yall this season. I think the trouble Buse had with that infection in Week zero had yall hampered. But after watching the game (LH vs Wimberly) Buse is Mr Intangible and the catilyst for the whole team. If Michael is playing a great game the whole team rises up. Yall undoubtly solved the leadership issues that were evident around week zero. D2 region 3 and 4 is gonna be tough(the toughest road to the finals in the state). Cuero, Wimberly, Giddings, Belleville, WOS, and Liberty Hill. Who ever survives this war should be D2 state champ a week later.

Buse is definately a game breaker and his play is huge for our team but it has also had teams keying on him more allowing Ricky Beatty to step up and have huge games at QB. The game against Giddings the coaches were trying to shuffle players around on defense to find who could fill the gap left by last years team and now i think they have finally got all the pieces together. Im not saying that we could beat Giddings but I would love to see a rematch cause its night and day from the team they played.

Gobbla2001
10-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Like I've said, in '04 when I saw Wimberly play Iowa Park, I along with others who had seen the Cuero game the night before said th ere was no way in hell Wimberly could come close to beating Cuero...

I think they next week they lost to La Vernia... In the first round of the playoffs Wimberly completely creamed La Vernia, then they ended up giving Cuero all Cuero could handle...

I hate these revenge games though, but hey, a lot of our boys were on that team too (Starting QB Kyle Noack recovered fumble and ran it into the endzone etc...) and didn't enjoy the "Cuero shouldn't have won that game" comments from Wimberly posters on another board so maybe they have a statement to make as well...

if I'm off that week we need to play the game in Wimberly because I like the drive...

Either way it'd be a hell of a game...

RuffneckGobbler
10-28-2006, 04:22 PM
I remember that being an awesome game. I'd look forward to seing the same game all over again... Emotions will be high again! I really hope this game happens.. but it looks like the wheels are already set in motion

Tx Challenge
10-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Hopefully, if there is a rematch it will not be so freaking foggy. I was in the Wimberley stands last time and remember hearing the Cuero fans!