PDA

View Full Version : LaVega 22-Gatesville 7

JR2004
10-28-2006, 02:09 AM
Well the winning streak finally comes to an end for Gatesville and I believe this might be only the 2nd time this decade that the Hornets were held to single digits in a ballgame. I kinda thought they might struggle with their best offensive weapon David Wasserman having to stand and watch from the sidelines tonight. They might have to make it without him this week as well when they play host to Robinson for Senior Night. They really need a win against the Rockets as well as a measure of revenge for the blowout loss they suffered to them last year.

17-3A now has a 4 way tie atop the standings thanks to Robinson's beatdown of China Spring tonight. The only teams out of the chase for a district title are Connally and Lorena. It should be a fun final two weeks to see who makes it into the playoffs from the district.

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2006, 07:57 AM
That stinks! Good luck to the Hornets the next 2 games.

mwynn05
10-28-2006, 09:11 AM
I dont know if Gateville can beat Robinson healthy much less with one of their better players out

JR2004
10-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Gatesville is the better team at full strength. Without Wasserman in there they aren't and it could be another struggle this week for the Hornets. I believe he also played defensive end as well so they're hurting on both sides of the ball at the moment without him.

It's really hard to pick a winner because this is the most unpredictable district in the state in 3A. I'll still go with Gatesville though since it's Senior Night and because they owe Robinson a little payback for last season when they came to Gatesville and blew the Hornets out 54-17.

Swarm 51
10-29-2006, 12:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JR2004
[B]Gatesville is the better team at full strength. Without Wasserman in there they aren't and it could be another struggle this week for the Hornets. I believe he also played defensive end as well so they're hurting on both sides of the ball at the moment without him.

D-Wass, as we fans fondly call him, does start at defensive end. He is also our punter, extra point kicker and field goal kicker. So, yes, he is missed very much.