PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Wylie/Sweetwater

injuredinmelee
10-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Great ball game. Came down to who had the ball last and who made the last mistake.

Was great to see the folks that showed up at dinner.

Very classy move by the Mustangs to stay on the field as Wylie accepted the Lone Star Cup. Two classy programs with classy leaders.

STANG RED
10-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Like I've said all week, turnovers would be very costly in this game, and sure enough they were. I dont know how many times we turned it over in that 4th quarter (3 or 4 I think), but you just cant do that against a quality opponent like Wylie. We muffed a punt on the 5, they scored, then we fumbled the ensuing kickoff on about the 25 or 30, and they scored again. That was the last nail in the coffin. Great game by Wylie! I just wish we could have held on to the ball, things might have been different.
Now lets both go and make another deep playoff run!

Snyder_TigerFan
10-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Very classy move by the Mustangs to stay on the field as Wylie accepted the Lone Star Cup. Two classy programs with classy leaders.

I was listening to that on the radio (102.7) and the announcers were wondering wether it was Sweetwater being classy, of if Sandifer told the officials "If I'm going to do this, Sweetwater is not going to get 5 extra minutes in the locker room."

Congrats to Wylie.

tiger_94
10-27-2006, 11:33 PM
great game by both teams. second half turnovers probably cost sweetwater the game, but thats the way the it goes. the game had a playoff type atmosphere, fun to watch.

Scholar
10-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Well, Sweetwater searched the barnyard for their strongest mustang, but found only a bucket full of intangibles. They searched the sky for greener pastures, but this wasn't a parking lot brawl, this was a dogfight. They tried to use all their cunning, but let's face it, horses are lacking in that department. Three years in a row, the Bulldogs own the Mustangs. Sweetwater, YOU ARE the weakest link! Goodbye....

tiger_94
10-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Scholar
Well, Sweetwater searched the barnyard for their strongest mustang, but found only a bucket full of intangibles. They searched the sky for greener pastures, but this wasn't a parking lot brawl, this was a dogfight. They tried to use all their cunning, but let's face it, horses are lacking in that department. Three years in a row, the Bulldogs own the Mustangs. Sweetwater, YOU ARE the weakest link! Goodbye....

own the Mustangs?? wasent hardly that way tonight

garciap77
10-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Wylie had turn overs in the first half and SW in the secound half. Game could have gone either way. Too bad Snyder is not in our dist. Would like to played them again.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-27-2006, 11:38 PM

:clap: :clap: Very creative post!

STANG RED
10-27-2006, 11:40 PM

Boy, your a real classy little turd arent you. Is Snydertigersrul your daddy?

Scholar
10-27-2006, 11:50 PM
What did the pot say to the kettle?

pero chato
10-27-2006, 11:50 PM
This was a game of two halves. Wylie had their share of mistakes in the first half and SW had their share in the second. It would be real interesting to see the results of both teams playing an error free game. Probably an endless 17-17 tie. I saw two very evenly matched teams with Wylie fortunate to come out on top. Could have easily gone the other way.

Anyway congrats to the Dawgs, and from this point on, I'm back to being a Mustang fan.

Oh, and how about those Clyde Bulldogs?!

wildstangs
10-28-2006, 12:08 AM
Great game tonight...Both teams had mistakes and penalties that led to points for the other team. Both teams had a couple of muffed punts that ended up turning into TD's. Edwards is one slippery dude...If I was the coach at Wylie, he would run the ball alot more than he did.

Stownhorse
10-28-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I was listening to that on the radio (102.7) and the announcers were wondering wether it was Sweetwater being classy, of if Sandifer told the officials "If I'm going to do this, Sweetwater is not going to get 5 extra minutes in the locker room."

Congrats to Wylie.

Im sorry guys but those announcers S-U-C-K!

wildstangs
10-28-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by pero chato

Oh, and how about those Clyde Bulldogs?!

Looks like it was a very exciting game...If Clyde doesn't choke against Comanche they get in the playoffs.

wildstangs
10-28-2006, 12:21 AM

I give you an A for creativity....F for accuracy though...If you don't think that Sweetwater and our boys gave the Bulldogs all they wanted than you werent paying much attention tonight.

mrescape43
10-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Congrats to the Bulldogs! I didn't see this one coming. I thought that Sweetwater would take this one easily.

Stownhorse
10-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Boy, your a real classy little turd arent you. Is Snydertigersrul your daddy?

HAHAHAHA man thats some good stufff.....but tonights story was our hands that had vaseline on them....haha dang I still cant stop laughing....nice to meet you tonight stang red

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2006, 12:33 AM
congrats to the wylie bulldogs.

DaHop72
10-28-2006, 12:45 AM
Congrats to the Wylie Bulldogs.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hang in there Mustangs, eliminate the turnovers and point towards the playoffs.

NDFootball
10-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Hats off to the Mustangs...

ya'll are a great team...Good luck to ya'll and go take state in Div. 2:clap:

thewyliefan
10-28-2006, 01:05 AM
the dogs played good D the 2nd half and the O stopped with the stupid penalties

NDFootball
10-28-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
the dogs played good D the 2nd half and the O stopped with the stupid penalties

True that wyliefan

thewyliefan
10-28-2006, 01:13 AM
o yea i meant to say damn good game to sweetwater, that nose they had looked pretty (number 24). he was giving wylies center a loooong night.

good game both teams

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2006, 02:32 AM

Hey, I don't know you, but you sound like a very knowledgeable football fan. What happened to the mighty Mustangs? I tried to tell all of the Sweetwater fans that this was going to happen. Wylie has Sweetwater's number. This was a year if the Mustangs were to know off the Bulldogs. Way to go Wylie. I wish that we could play you. Three in a row and counting.

Tweeder215
10-28-2006, 04:27 AM
We had 8 fumbles in that game lost 3 which lead to 17 points for Wylie. Wylie is a very good team and Gary Edwards is just as good a player as I have seen in a long while. I will say this though, if someone can find a way to contain Gary and not let him run the ball then they can hold Wylie to probably 7 points max. It just won't ever happen. Go Wylie, Win state in Div. 1!!!!!

shadow13
10-28-2006, 05:24 AM
Turnovers are a part of the game at every level, Wylie came out and earned the win just like Decatur did in Brownwood. We just have to learn from those 2 games and continue to improve and move forward. Congrats. to the bulldogs on a game well played.

injuredinmelee
10-28-2006, 06:12 AM
o yea i meant to say damn good game to sweetwater, that nose they had looked pretty (number 24). he was giving wylies center a loooong night.

good game both teams

I spoke with #24 after the game and asked him to please take it easy on us Wylie fans the next two years. What a studly kid. The kid that impressed me more than anyone tonight and I am sure you Mustang fans already knew how good he really was is #4. Wow he hurt Wylie the entire game.

Leopards,class of 75
10-28-2006, 08:57 AM
What was the final score?

wildstangs
10-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
What was the final score?

31-24

3afan
10-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

Congrats to Wylie.

they should be fired ........

Stownhorse
10-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Like I said those announcers SUCK, they are one sided and it is plain as day to see.

DaHop72
10-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
We had 8 fumbles in that game lost 3 which lead to 17 points for Wylie. Wylie is a very good team and Gary Edwards is just as good a player as I have seen in a long while. I will say this though, if someone can find a way to contain Gary and not let him run the ball then they can hold Wylie to probably 7 points max. It just won't ever happen. Go Wylie, Win state in Div. 1!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Great post Tweeder.:thumbsup:

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Like I said those announcers SUCK, they are one sided and it is plain as day to see.

99.9 percent of high school radio guys are homers.

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2006, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tweeder215
We had 8 fumbles in that game lost 3 which lead to 17 points for Wylie. Wylie is a very good team and Gary Edwards is just as good a player as I have seen in a long while. I will say this though, if someone can find a way to contain Gary and not let him run the ball then they can hold Wylie to probably 7 points max. It just won't ever happen. Go Wylie, Win state in Div. 1!!!!! [/QUOTE

Instead of watching film and sitting in the coach's office, maybe you need to go out and put your players through drills teaching them not to fumble.] :devil:

gibby
10-28-2006, 12:45 PM
I think Sweetwater took the high road. Also, the announcers on 102.7 have informed the public that they are pro Wylie. Wylie fans only. They can't get much more honest than that.

Also has anyone noticed that Gary Edwards put 3 punts within the 5 yard line. To me it was a large part of the game and gave SW's great O a long way to go against a good Wylie D. One more thing,
does anyone have a comparison of 2nd half stats vs 1st half stats?

Peace

NDFootball
10-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Both teams had their ups and downs last night. Wylie's O stepped it up big time in the second half to rally past S'water. Once again hats off to the Mustangs, you guys are an awesome team...take it to those teams in Div. II

thewyliefan
10-28-2006, 01:27 PM
completely agree with NDfootball

NDFootball
10-28-2006, 01:29 PM
I think there's alot to be said for Wylie's O line and D line in the second half as well.

Snydertigersrul
10-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
I think there's alot to be said for Wylie's O line and D line in the second half as well.

Coach Sandifur deserves credit for making the right adjustments at halftime.

IronMustang
10-28-2006, 02:40 PM

you show how unclassy you are with this post....were you even at the game??...if not then shut the mouth because that was not anything how this game was played....very good ball game...Sweetwater made the mistakes..Wylie capitalized

thewyliefan
10-28-2006, 02:41 PM
people dont call coach sandifer a genius for nothing. but with out those guys up front working their tails off the whole game wylie probably would have not come close to winning this game.

IronMustang
10-28-2006, 02:44 PM
people dont call coach sandifer a genius for nothing. but with out those guys up front working their tails off the whole game wylie probably would have not come close to winning this game.

Well when we give the ball up 3 times and let Wylie score on all three turnovers...you can't expect to win this game...Wylie played good and Banyard had 187 yds. and 3 touchdowns..wow

wildstangs
10-28-2006, 02:46 PM
I have always said that you dont want to play Sandifer and Wylie late in the season. Look back on the two times that Sweetwater beat Wylie - they were both early season, non district games. Wylie always loses one or two non district games, but end up playing exceptional football in district.

NDFootball
10-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Wylie had their share of mistakes too...

That's what you're supposed to do in football is capitalize on mistakes.

IronMustang
10-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Wylie had their share of mistakes too...

That's what you're supposed to do in football is capitalize on mistakes.

oh yeah i agree..we screwed up real bad..they just screwed up...you can't turn the ball over that many times and expect to win....none the less Wylie won fair and square..congrats...
Edwards= exceptional athlete

thewyliefan
10-28-2006, 02:50 PM
NDfootball makes a good point. both teams had mistakes that could have changed the game wylie just did a better job at capitalizing

Scholar
10-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by IronMustang
you show how unclassy you are with this post....were you even at the game??...if not then shut the mouth because that was not anything how this game was played....very good ball game...Sweetwater made the mistakes..Wylie capitalized

Oh, brother. Can't I have just a little fun at your expense? Sheesh. Has anyone mentioned that the Wylie D held Sweetwater to three and outs twice in the first half, and then roughed the punter, and then muffed the next punt? And did anyone else notice the number of dropped passes that Wylie had? It's no skinner off my back. Both sides made mistakes, one team just capitalized on them better than the other team.

As far as preaching to me about class, no thanks, I would rather be taught that subject by someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Call me classless if you like, I've been called worse, and that didn't bother me much neither. Have a nice day.

Whsdogs
10-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Ok, after reading all of the non sense some people say about was sweetwater really being class with not goin in at halftime while wylie was accepting their award and how wylie got lucky because sweetwater fumbled so much and blah blah blah...i have to say is that i think sweetwater was being classy by standing on the field while wylie excepted that award cause my senior year when an award was givin out at halftime the other team went into the locker room...so you cant tell me that sweetwater was made by sandifer to stay out there to watch...trust me. For the fumble issues sweetwater had..news flash fumbles dont just happen they are caused...(my lil brother caused the fumble onthe kick off :) ) and if i saw correctly wylie had their mishaps also but sweetwater could not capatilize on all of them like wylie did.

Either way it was a very good hard fought game and the sweetwater wylie game will be my fav. game to watch every year because these teams lay it out there every game. As for containign Gary Edwards a whole game....good luck:hand:

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 11:59 AM
The big momentum swing happened when we gave Wylie the ball on the 5. Kid should have never even been close to the ball, much less trying to feild it. Then after giving up the easy score we fumbled the ensueing kickoff, and the deal was sealed. The Wylie D was able to just pin their ears back after that and just go on attack. But all that was created I believe because Edwards had already managed to pin the Mustangs inside their own 3 twice before with great punts, so the kid just probably felt like he had to try and not let that happen again, as it looked like it probably would have. I know that kid is really feeling bad now, and probably thinks he cost the Mustangs the game, but I commend him for at least trying to make something possitive happen. It just backfired on him, and turned out to be a big turning point. I bet he doesnt make that mistake again, and who knows, that may be what wins us a game come playoff time.

gibby
10-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Well said Stang. Let's not forget we are dealing with 16 and 17 year old football players. This is their time to have fun and learn. Anyone who played HS football has had a mistake or two. This is how we learn not to touch a hot stove a age three. We gain from it, and so will everyone who plays this game. Great game. You kept us in awe the first half, then Coach Sandifer tells the team that we are just standing around with our mouths open watching. Ding! Great D and hustle got Wylie to the finish line first. Can't wait to watch THE STANGS in playoffs. Make it to Gilmer and give'm hell.
I want to look back and say,, GJ who?

Peace

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Well said Stang. Let's not forget we are dealing with 16 and 17 year old football players. This is their time to have fun and learn. Anyone who played HS football has had a mistake or two. This is how we learn not to touch a hot stove a age three. We gain from it, and so will everyone who plays this game. Great game. You kept us in awe the first half, then Coach Sandifer tells the team that we are just standing around with our mouths open watching. Ding! Great D and hustle got Wylie to the finish line first. Can't wait to watch THE STANGS in playoffs. Make it to Gilmer and give'm hell.
I want to look back and say,, GJ who?

Peace

Actually, I think Gilmer is on Wylie's radar, if I'm not mistaken. I think I read somewhere that they will be the D1 rep from that district. Am I wrong here?

Ranger Mom
10-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Actually, I think Gilmer is on Wylie's radar, if I'm not mistaken. I think I read somewhere that they will be the D1 rep from that district. Am I wrong here?

I believe Gilmer is definately Division I!

It cracks me up all the negative posts on here. I mean, that game was so back and forth and close, I don't see how anyone can say anything bad about EITHER team. They both did an exceptional job, and there has to be a winner AND a loser. It sounds like both teams have some areas they can work on, but Sweetwater has nothing to hang their head about!!

thewyliefan
10-29-2006, 02:09 PM
no joke. both teams layed it all out friday night. probably one of the best games of the year IMO

tuff26
10-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Gilmer is D1 and yes I am positive

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Wylie vs. Gilmer would be an exciting matchup

thewyliefan
10-29-2006, 03:25 PM
to bad it can't happen until like the 3rd or 4th round of playoffs

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 03:54 PM
to bad it can't happen until like the 3rd or 4th round of playoffs

I would think that would be when you wanted it to happen. Sure wouldnt want that to be a round 1 matchup, would you?

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 03:56 PM
I would think that would be when you wanted it to happen. Sure wouldnt want that to be a round 1 matchup, would you?

Why wouldn't we? :confused:

thewyliefan
10-29-2006, 04:16 PM
if you are going to run into them any way. why not at the beggining. but before we can even talk about that wylie still has to get past all the other teams to play them. granted that they make it that far. not saying they aren't damn good but some crazy things can happen in football

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Great ball game. Came down to who had the ball last and who made the last mistake.

Was great to see the folks that showed up at dinner.

I really have no more thoughts. Wylie is a very classy program.

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 04:42 PM
I dont know, I just prefer to see the better matchups between the better teams to happen after the 1st two rounds, after all the pretenders are gone. I know it really doesnt matter in the long run, but thats (usually) just the way it is set up to happen, and just seems like it should be that way to me. I hate to see Wylie & Decatur meet up in round 1, as it looks like will happen, because It also looks like their will still be several pretty weak teams still playing in week two, and yet either Wylie or Decatur will be setting at home. Call me crazy, but theirs just something about that, that I dont like.

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2006, 04:44 PM
I dont know, I just prefer to see the better matchups between the better teams to happen after the 1st two rounds, after all the pretenders are gone. I know it really doesnt matter in the long run, but thats (usually) just the way it is set up to happen, and just seems like it should be that way to me. I hate to see Wylie & Decatur meet up in round 1, as it looks like will happen, because It also looks like their will still be several pretty weak teams still playing in week two, and yet either Wylie or Decatur will be setting at home. Call me crazy, but theirs just something about that, that I dont like.

The UIL playoff formula will never place to high-ranked teams against each other for late in the postseason. For example, the Gilmer-Liberty Eyleau first-round matchup should be later, but that is how it goes.

NDFootball
10-29-2006, 05:13 PM
It's ok looking from the playoff projections we have quite a road in front of us. I have confidence though.

Mustangpride09
10-29-2006, 07:56 PM

What an idiot.

Cameron Crazy
10-29-2006, 08:00 PM
SWEETWATER IS GOOD!!!

Snydertigersrul
10-29-2006, 08:03 PM

The scholar guy is a genius. I could not have said it better.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
10-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
What an idiot.

You have to admit, it was quite an amusing play on words....even if I don't agree, I have to give him props for his imagination!

Snyder_TigerFan
10-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You have to admit, it was quite an amusing play on words....even if I don't agree, I have to give him props for his imagination!

It's deeper than most people probably imagine.