PDA

View Full Version : columbia 31 needville 10

awizzy
10-27-2006, 10:51 PM
jason scott had three td passes two of them to his brother justin scott...flannel had about 100 yards and broke about a 45 yarder with 5 mins. left to close the deal...good job necks:clap:

carter08
10-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Great to see all phases of the game clicking.
Great Defensive effort by Columbia

wedo
10-27-2006, 11:14 PM
Man what happened to needville ?? didn't they start 5-0 ?? Now they got two district losses!!!

awizzy
10-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Man what happened to needville ?? didn't they start 5-0 ?? Now they got two district losses!!!
they didnt play any1

mac77
10-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Actually Flannel had 122 yds on 20 carries and 1 TD. Jason Scott was 7of 11 passing for 159 and 3 TD's. Defense shut down Needville's run game for most of the night and once they got behind they couldn't catch up!

wedo
10-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by awizzy
they didnt play any1

I guess that would explain it !!

Tiger3
10-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Good game Columbia, looks like yall finally played a complete game. This is the right time to be peaking.

mac77
10-28-2006, 12:35 AM
My brother said yall played a great second half but Tank was too much in the end. He did the same thing to us. Just keep after it and do us all a favor and beat Needville.

IHStangFan
10-28-2006, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by wedo
I guess that would explain it !! what I'm having a hard time understanding is how Needville in "not playing anybody" beat a Port Lavaca Calhoun team who has completely dominated everyone since their loss to Needville. PLC has convincing wins over Ingleside, Sinton, Rockport-Fulton, Gregory-Portland, etc. Was the Needville win over them a fluke, or did Needville lose some standouts to grades, injuries??

g$$
10-28-2006, 03:35 AM
To be honest, I don't consider any of the teams you listed to be very good this year. Ingleside, Sinton, RF, & GP are all down this year in Region 4. And one of my best friends is the OC at Gregory-Portland. They are very young.

Needville is a decent team with a good RB, but not elite by far in District 24-3A. They may be 4th by the time the dust settles.

Calhoun is better this year - but they are still Calhoun. Tough place to win & few athletes. Give them credit for making the playoffs this year for the 1st time in 45 years.

neck_94
10-28-2006, 07:41 AM
Necks finally played a game with NO turnovers and only 5 penalties. (still too many...)

Needville's defense is STOUT!

Crow22
10-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Official stats:

Flannell 98 yds on 18 carries. Wilkerson 112 yds on 19 carries.

neck_94
10-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Official stats:

N - Wilkerson 19-107
C - Flannel 20-122

N - Ley 11-19-153
C - Scott 7-10-158

"Needville’s Ley ended the game with 19 pass attempts and completed 10 of them for 153 yards. Blake Smerek pulled down seven of those passes for 111 yards.

Jason Scott went 7-for-10 for 158 yards for the Roughnecks. Justin Scott ended with 68 yards on five receptions.

On the ground, Columbia’s Flannel finished with 122 yards, while Needville’s Thadeus Wilkerson ran for 107. "

IHStangFan
10-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
To be honest, I don't consider any of the teams you listed to be very good this year. Ingleside, Sinton, RF, & GP are all down this year in Region 4. And one of my best friends is the OC at Gregory-Portland. They are very young.

Needville is a decent team with a good RB, but not elite by far in District 24-3A. They may be 4th by the time the dust settles.

Calhoun is better this year - but they are still Calhoun. Tough place to win & few athletes. Give them credit for making the playoffs this year for the 1st time in 45 years. Ingleside is not "down" this year, LOL. I'd put them against any 3A team in this district except for MAYBE Sweeny....and even then I like the Mustangs' chances.

edited to add....as a reference, I have seen Wharton and Columbia both play this year :)

mac77
10-28-2006, 08:39 PM
[i]edited to add....as a reference, I have seen Wharton and Columbia both play this year :) [/B]
Have you seen them every week? I saw Sweeny against B'port and you have never thought they could win the district, but there they are. Columbia and Wharton are playing better football every week and may be peaking at just the right time. Except for maybe Giddings, 24-3A matches pretty well against 23-3A. I know Columbia vs Bellville wouldn't be the blowout it was the first time.

carter08
10-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Giddings is going D-2, right?

The Bellville/ Columbia rematch will be fun

IHStangFan
10-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by mac77
Have you seen them every week? I saw Sweeny against B'port and you have never thought they could win the district, but there they are. Columbia and Wharton are playing better football every week and may be peaking at just the right time. Except for maybe Giddings, 24-3A matches pretty well against 23-3A. I know Columbia vs Bellville wouldn't be the blowout it was the first time. I'll take that bet, I see Bellville taking it, and big. I saw Wharton and Columbia play each other, thats the last game I went to. Wharton has an impressive QB (when hes scramblling), Columbia has a good running back. BOTH teams are very one dimensional though, you shut down Wharton's QB on the ground, theyre done, you shut down WC's RB, and theyre done, Wharton proved that. Those two teams are good, but they are not great. That being said, I have become somewhat of a fan of both teams as I now live in the area. I just dont think they are on the level w/ Bellville though....sorry.

Tiger3
10-29-2006, 03:22 AM
Sweeny stopped Wharton's QB from running and he burnt them for 265 yards in the air, he has 916 yards passing with 11 TD's and 895 yards rushing with 16 TD's so I would not say he just runs the ball.

carter08
10-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'll take that bet, I see Bellville taking it, and big. I saw Wharton and Columbia play each other, thats the last game I went to. Wharton has an impressive QB (when hes scramblling), Columbia has a good running back. BOTH teams are very one dimensional though, you shut down Wharton's QB on the ground, theyre done, you shut down WC's RB, and theyre done,

You haven't seen the Roughnecks lately then.

The passing game is very dangerous now. Jason Scott to Justin Scott and Jerry Woodard is a dangerous combination