PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs Giddings Buffaloes (FSN DQ Big Game of the week)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Bellville and Giddings come in as the cream of the crop in District, who will float to the top? This game will be in Giddings. What do you think on this one? This game was announced to be the Texas High school game of the week by Fox Sports. Bellville was the underdog last year in DQ' Fox Sports Game of the week at Marlin and won. Bellville will come in to this game as the underdog, can the Brahmas go 2-0 on the road for Fox Sports?

RBARKER
10-27-2006, 10:48 PM
Ok I'm voting for you guys don't let us down Bellville. Ive been a Brahma fan every since we have played yall. Bellville has what it takes to take the crown. good luck!!

By the way BH is still rolling 8-0 in 4A!!!!!

gobbler grad
10-27-2006, 10:51 PM
going with Giddings, since their playing at home...ought to be a good one...will be alot closer than some expect...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Ok I'm voting for you guys don't let us down Bellville. Ive been a Brahma fan every since we have played yall. Bellville has what it takes to take the crown. good luck!!

Way to go BH, Maybe this district has what it takes to win 2 crowns. Bellville D1, and Giddings D2.

EAGLETOWN
10-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER

Sorry RB I'm bucking you on this one.

I'm going with the Buffs.

I unlike you have seen both of these teams play and it is going to be a good one.

I know it was early in the season, but Bellville did not impress me much against BH.

Giddings has been rolling the entire season, with the exception of the stumble against a very good La Grange team after a bi week.

Bellville has a good ball team but I don't think they can handle the Buffs.

I am not saying that because I'm parshal to the Buffs or anything.

I think Bellville has the ability to stop some of the Buffs running game, but not shut it down.

The Buffs on the other hand have a pretty good defense and I think that will be the difference.

Oh and I think my cousin is a pretty good QB too.

I'm going with the Buffs 31 to 21.

tortilla_man
10-27-2006, 11:39 PM
ttt

Tucson
10-27-2006, 11:50 PM
i'm going with bellville, they are the only team that has been able to put on a show against bh defense! :clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-28-2006, 08:16 AM
The good side to this game is it is not the first round of the play-offs. Both teams are very good and with both in the same district, both will be able to make a run in the play-offs in different brakets. Bellville will have to hold on to the Ball to win, last night vs La Grange Bellville gave the ball to the leps 4 times on turnovers, and the Bellville D came up big only letting the Leps score on one of the turnovers. 27-9, with many turnovers, without them Bellville would have scored more, and LG less!

buffpride
10-28-2006, 08:48 AM
This one will be a good one. Of course, I am pulling for Giddings!

wedo
10-28-2006, 08:57 AM
who is in 1st place in this district?? im just trying to see who will wharton match up with in the first round!

buffpride
10-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Giddings 1st

wedo
10-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by buffpride
Giddings 1st

so most likely wharton will play Giddings first round!! That will bea game to watch!!

Tiger3
10-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Im going with Giddings, just been too good running the ball this year even when teams know its coming. I think it will be a great game. Is this going to be the Region 3 game of the week b/c it should be?

Bull's-eye
10-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by wedo
who is in 1st place in this district?? im just trying to see who will wharton match up with in the first round!

Bellville and Giddings are both 3-0 and are tied for first place. Bellville will most likely go big school.

Old Tiger
10-28-2006, 04:09 PM
What are your thoughts and opinions on this game.

Giddings - 28
Bellville - 31

Upset special.

hookandladder
10-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Bellville put it on LG last night, no doubt best team won last night. However LG has not played very well since the Giddings game. With that said I pick Giddings by aleast 2 TD's. Bellville controlled the middle against the Leps, they will not be able to control the outside speed of Giddings. Also Giddings Defense will shut down Bellville offense. Giddings is solid offense and defense.

Old Tiger
10-28-2006, 05:07 PM
*Upset Special*
Bellville 31
Giddings 28

Peder507
10-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Its going to be a fun, physical, fast game. Just how both teams like it. But you have to get with the red and white, there is too much pride on the line

Bull's-eye
10-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
LG has not played very well since the Giddings game.

Maybe, just maybe the opponents had something to do with that?:thinking:

Pudlugger
10-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Maybe, just maybe the opponents had something to do with that?:thinking:

Well sure they did. I agree though, that the Leps haven't shown the intensity, especiallyl on defense, that they had in the Giddings game. They gave up 31 points to Caldwell and only 20 to Giddings. You would expect that they could have held Caldwell to under 20 but they gave up some big plays to the Hornets. Not bashing Caldwell, they played a heck of a game, but the Leps were flat on defense and made some key miscues.

The Leps were stymied by the fast and physical Bellville defense. The O line had real problems with the excellent two DEs 51 and 88 from Bellville and couldn't put a block on the inside lbs. I guess that you can say we had hoped to do a little better, but you got to hand it to Bellville, they just outplayed us. No question Bellville will continue to play well. If they can hold onto the ball a little better they should beat Giddings. Giddings hits hard so that may be a problem for the Bulls.

scotty
10-29-2006, 10:01 AM
In their last matchup neither defense could stop the other's offense. In spite of giving up a ton of yardage and those two blunders on kickoffs, Bellville came to within a touchdown of knotting the score in the fourth quarter. I just don't believe that Giddings can stop Bellville's offense and I believe that Bellville has a chance of slowing the Giddings running attack. Ball control will be the key. Giddings will need to control the ball because Bellville can and will score if they have the football. I'll cast A weak vote for the Brahmas.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Bellville put it on LG last night, no doubt best team won last night. However LG has not played very well since the Giddings game. With that said I pick Giddings by aleast 2 TD's. Bellville controlled the middle against the Leps, they will not be able to control the outside speed of Giddings. Also Giddings Defense will shut down Bellville offense. Giddings is solid offense and defense.

How do you know Bellvilles Defense wont stop Giddings, and you also dont know that Giddings will stop the Bellville offense.
Just keep wishing Bellville gets beat, and LG can set at home for the play-offs.
All together Lep Fans GO BELLVILLE!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Tiger3
Is this going to be the Region 3 game of the week b/c it should be?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by wedo

Bellville and Giddings are tied for 1st both are 3-0.

Pudlugger
10-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
How do you know Bellvilles Defense wont stop Giddings, and you also dont know that Giddings will stop the Bellville offense.
Just keep wishing Bellville gets beat, and LG can set at home for the play-offs.

The Leps need Bellville to beat Caldwell. If Bellville loses to Giddings and beats Caldwell and if LG can beat Navasota and Smithville the Leps will go to the playoffs. This matchup only counts for who wins district. I'm sure plenty of Lep fans will be pulling for Bellville over Caldwell next week.

As for Giddings/Bellville, I think that if the Bulls can avoid turnovers they will win by a td or so in a very exciting game. The two defenses are pretty equal, both offenses have great speed, both O lines are excellent, but Bellville can throw the football and run the football. That is the diference.

Looking ahead to Caldwell, if the Bulls play their game and stop the Hornet running game (which they should be able to do with their defensive speed and aggressiveness) they will win by 2 or more tds. The Hornet defense is their weakness and the Brahmas will put up some points on them.

BlueBlood
10-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Bellville in a close one.

Bull19
10-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
The Leps need Bellville to beat Caldwell. If Bellville loses to Giddings and beats Caldwell and if LG can beat Navasota and Smithville the Leps will go to the playoffs. This matchup only counts for who wins district. I'm sure plenty of Lep fans will be pulling for Bellville over Caldwell next week.

. I MIGHT BE WRONG HERE BUT IF BELLVILLE LOSES 2 IN A ROW, THEIR IS A POSSIBILITY OF LA GRANGE STAYING AT HOME

Pudlugger
10-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
I MIGHT BE WRONG HERE BUT IF BELLVILLE LOSES 2 IN A ROW, THEIR IS A POSSIBILITY OF LA GRANGE STAYING AT HOME

That's right. If Bellville beats Giddings and loses to Caldwell or loses to Giddings and beats Caldwell the Leps can go to the playoffs if they win out against Smithville and Navasota. If Bellville loses both the Leps stay home no matter how they finish district. So the Leps want Bellville to win at least one. I would like to se them win both.

Bellville wins 2
Leps win out
Leps make playoffs

Bellville wins one
Leps win out
Leps make playoffs because they won in head to head with Caldwell

Bellville losses both
Leps win out
Leps stay home due to points.

Leps lose one
Caldwell loses two
Leps go to playoffs on head to head win over Caldwell.

That is what Former has been talking about. I would have supported the Bulls anyway but Former points out the importance of it in his thread.

Bull19
10-29-2006, 10:52 AM

That is what Former has been talking about. I would have supported the Bulls anyway but Former points out the importance of it in his thread.

GOOD THING HE IS, IT IS A VERY IMPORTANT SUBJECT

GreenMonster
10-29-2006, 11:47 AM
I refuse to recognize this game as game of the week. It's not the "OFFICIAL" 3ADOWNLOW Game of the week. Therefore, I wil only vote in this poll if you re-name it "Game of the Weak." I'm GreenMonster and I have approved this message.

Peder507
10-29-2006, 12:05 PM
this game is the shiznaz of the week and thats all you have to be worried about right now

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I refuse to recognize this game as game of the week. It's not the "OFFICIAL" 3ADOWNLOW Game of the week. Therefore, I wil only vote in this poll if you re-name it "Game of the Weak." I'm GreenMonster and I have approved this message.

Must be a big game if Fox is using it as the State of Texas High School game, but they sould have ask 3a downlow, before the picked it.

Bull19
10-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

FBB NEVER SAID IT WAS 3ADOWNLOW GOTW. IT CLEARLY SAYS "FSN DQ BIG GAME OF THE WEEK"

hookandladder
10-29-2006, 08:38 PM

Don't get your pannies in a wad, I just was not very impressed with Bellville. My opinion is that Giddings is the best team in our district, I think Bellville will take care of Caldwell and that puts us in the playoffs. I will predict right now Giddings makes a long run in the playoffs and Bellville and LG, maybe 2 to 3 rounds best. Not knocking Bellville and LG, just my opinion.

Bull's-eye
10-29-2006, 08:57 PM
I just was not very impressed with Bellville. My opinion is that Giddings is the best team in our district,

Bellville's defense held LG to 68 yds rushing on 31 attempts. LG rushed for 183 yds vs Giddings. Bellville defeated LG 27-9, while Gidding defeated LG 20-12. Most agree that Bellville should of had at least 2 more scores, if they take care of the ball. This was a very sloppy games for the Bulls, so don't make the mistake of judging them on this one game. Scores and stats show that LG had a much tougher game with Bellville. Give your reasons why do you think Giddings is better than Bellville.

Darren
10-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Giddings by 7. Its going to be a hard fought game and a very close one but Giddings will win. Hopefully they can get a couple of passes in as well as practice for the playoffs.

EAGLETOWN
10-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Bellville's defense held LG to 68 yds rushing on 31 attempts. LG rushed for 183 yds vs Giddings. Bellville defeated LG 27-9, while Gidding defeated LG 20-12. Most agree that Bellville should of had at least 2 more scores, if they take care of the ball. This was a very sloppy games for the Bulls, so don't make the mistake of judging them on this one game. Scores and stats show that LG had a much tougher game with Bellville. Give your reasons why do you think Giddings is better than Bellville.

For that matter you need not judge Giddings on the La Grange game then.

No one is mentioning that Giddings had the week off before the La Grange game.

I think that played an important role in that game.

Giddings really never got going till the wake up a the half.

Say what you will, but the out come of that game should have been lopsided favoring Giddings IMO.

Had they came out playing the first half like they did the second.

They just did not look like the same team I had seen earlier in the season.

I was not impressed at all when Bellville played BH.

I was expecting a lot more after all of the hype leading in.

They struggled against at that time a struggling BH team who had key injuries and were trying to find players to fill positions.

This game will not be a blow out by no means, I just don't think Bellville can beat the Buffs this year.

I'm taking Giddings by at least 2 TD's.

KL3
10-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
They struggled against at that time a struggling BH team who had key injuries and were trying to find players to fill positions.

Eagletown, Bellville lost their starting RB/CB that game early in the 1st half, and also played without maybe their best OL who is back playing now. Bellville's QB had maybe his worst game that night, and is now playing very well. I urge you to take your own advice, and not judge Bellville on that 1 game.

Also, I was curious, it seems as though you saw the LG/Giddings game in person? What are your thoughts on Giddings D?

Bull's-eye
10-29-2006, 10:54 PM
The question was for hookandladder. He watches his team have a tougher time with Bellville, but states that Gidding is the best team. Just wanting to know what makes him feel that way.

Bellville had it share of injuries in the BH game. Starting OT, RB and CB all went out of the game and another RB was coming off a knee injury, he was not even close to a 100%. Bellville is also a much better team than earlier in the year, especially passing the ball.

I like Bellville's chances against Giddings because of their run defense. BH exploited a weak pass defense, but Giddings doesn't throw the ball. Bellville's defense is only allowing about 2 yds per rush.

Bull's-eye
10-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
No one is mentioning that Giddings had the week off before the La Grange game.

Giddings really never got going till the wake up a the half.

Had they came out playing the first half like they did the second.

A week off could make a team rusty, I'll buy that. It also allows them to get healthy and have extra time to prepare for their opponent. Giddings also started slow vs Caldwell (trailing 14-13) and they weren't off before that game. :thinking:

EAGLETOWN
10-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Eagletown, Bellville lost their starting RB/CB that game early in the 1st half, and also played without maybe their best OL who is back playing now. Bellville's QB had maybe his worst game that night, and is now playing very well. I urge you to take your own advice, and not judge Bellville on that 1 game.

Also, I was curious, it seems as though you saw the LG/Giddings game in person? What are your thoughts on Giddings D?

I did take that into consideration on taking my own advice that is why my post was not more elaborate.

The fact of the matter is Bellville, regardless of everything else did struggle against a struggling BH.

I guess I just expected more from them.

I have got to watch the Buffs 2x this year against Kashmere, and La Grange.

In the Kashmere game I was blown away by the Buffs rushing game.

Then against La Grange they just kind of looked a little asleep.

Regardless of what everyone says.

When you run the ball like they do 99% of the time and the opposing team knows it is coming and can't stop it that is an awesome rushing attack.

Especially this year playing the teams they have.

The only real thing I have seen that can slow their rushing game down is themselves with mistakes. (Penalties & Fumbles)

I thought La Grange had a pretty good D and Giddings just kept pounding them and finally they gave a little and the Buffs would break one and everyone knows they have the speed.

Brock is good there is no deny that, but the other 10 do their job which makes it easier on him.

The other two backs are really good also.

A team has to prepare for them as well as Fitz.

The FB impressed me for the fact that he just keeps running over people and then when he gets in the open field he run away from them.

That is a big fella there!

The other back at any time can break one.

I have seen him change directions and go cross field and turn nothing into something..

As for Giddings D they are as good as any I have seen, whether it is Dayton, WOS, or BH or La Grange.

In the La Grange game they made the difference.

They kept the Leps in check until Fitz and Co could get something going.

The other thing is they will bring the hat.

The first 2 hits after the half in the La Grange game were awesome so much as to say they were momentum changers.

If I could pick their weakness it would be the secondary and that is a reach.

I don’t think Bellville will make their living running on the Buffs.

If they can throw the ball consistently then they will do well.

If they can’t well here come those Buffs…………Again!

It is kind of ironic.

They are really just like a herd of Buffaloes.

You might slow them down a little, but you are not going to stop them completely.

Does anyone know if the game will be on the radio.

If so what station and can I hear it online.

Bull's-eye
10-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Caldwell had 24 first downs vs Giddings. They also had 265 rushing yds, averaging 4.8 per run.

I live close to Houston and those inner city football teams are terrible. I wouldn't get too excited or blown away by them rolling over Kashmere.

In the Bellville game, BH was held to 95 yds rushing. BH had a tall receiver that gave Bellville plenty of trouble. We now have a 6'4" DB that can match up with those taller players.

EAGLETOWN
10-30-2006, 03:59 AM
Caldwell had 24 first downs vs Giddings. They also had 265 rushing yds, averaging 4.8 per run.

I live close to Houston and those inner city football teams are terrible. I wouldn't get too excited or blown away by them rolling over Kashmere.

In the Bellville game, BH was held to 95 yds rushing. BH had a tall receiver that gave Bellville plenty of trouble. We now have a 6'4" DB that can match up with those taller players.

Let re-phrase that.

I was not blown away by the points and the yards.

I was blown away with the speed after they got in the open.

Inner city has nothing to do with it as far as talent.

Many of them schools are talented, just not well coached or have bad attitudes.

When they got in the open I would have thought due to just the talent level some one would have ran them down.

They would have scored I just did not think I would see as many break away TD's.

I new Brock was fast, I just did not realize how fast till I saw it in person.

Also it was not just Kashmere they blew out.

Remember Wimberly, Waco Mid-Way, and Hempstead.

Giddings has ran over some good teams and when I say ran over that is what they do.

There were not many passes thrown in there.

BH has no where the rushing game Giddings does.

BH is a little more balanced attack and they like to throw the ball.

If they can't win on the ground they win in the air or vice versa.

With M. Fisher and company at recievers it really would not have mattered how tall the DB was Mason is just a talented kid.

How about that Abbs kid.

Is he still playing for Bellville or is he out due to grades or injury.

I know against BH if they would have just kept giving him the ball he would have just ran over us.

On the defensive side he was an animal also.

Like I said earlier the only thing I have seen or heard that can slow the Buffs rushing game is themselves with mistakes and turnovers.

It is going to be interesting to see how this game plays out.

KL3
10-30-2006, 09:59 AM
eagletown, that must have been a long drive from Barbers Hill over to Giddings. How long did that take you?

I know Giddings played Wimberley & Hutto who are tough, but I wouldn't count a 4-4 Kashmere team and Hempstead, who just got beat by powerhouse Somerville, and who played without the WR Tolliver vs. Giddings, as tough opponents.

The fact is Giddings was getting beat by LG at the half, and were struggling w/ Caldwell for most of the 1st half. Bellville completely shut down LG's running game, and I know LG had more points and yards on Giddings than Bellville. LG would not have scored but Bellville put the ball on the ground inside their own territory.

In my mind, Bellville's D is better than Giddings. I am worried that we could slow them down on 1st and 2nd down, and then Fitzhenry breaks a long one.

KL3
10-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Bellville freshman beat LG last week 37-15 to remain undefeated.

Bellville 37 Sealy 6
Bellville 36 West Columbia 0
Bellville 36 Barbers Hill 6
Bellville 32 Smithville 0
Bellville 33 St. Thomas 0
Bellville 14 Navasota 6 (This game was called at halftime due to rain, both teams were 5-0 going in)
Bellville 26 Smithville 6
Bellville 37 LG 15

They have outscored their opponents 251-39.

44INAROW
10-30-2006, 10:35 AM
hhmm Giddings 36 Bellville 14

Eagles52
10-30-2006, 10:38 AM
I've watched both of these two teams also. I saw Giddings against Hutto and Bellville at BH. Bellville came across to me as a solid team that will play anyone tough. That game against Hutto sold me on the Gidding's Defense, but the team overall seems to have not been playing well since the bye, so that concerns me some. But I think that Giddings should win this game, because as far as what I saw (granted, just one game for each) but i think that if Giddings plays their best game and Belliville plays their best, then Giddings is the better team. But would I be shocked by a Brahma victory? Not at all. But I doubt that the Gidding's offense can play as sloppily against the Brahmas as they did against Hutto with about 37 fumbles or so and to continually give a talented team fantastic field position without getting a loss. Anyway, I'll take the Buffs by 10. I think its a close game but Fitzhenry slips away for a long TD or two despite a solid effort by Bellville's defense, and the Bellville D gets a little tired by the 4th quarter and allows Giddings to control the ball, clock, and field position. The Buff's defense will make it too tough to sustain the long drives the Brahma's need to win the game. Here's to an injury free game, and hopefully a good one. I'm going to try to be there for this one.

Pudlugger
10-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Eagles52
I've watched both of these two teams also. I saw Giddings against Hutto and Bellville at BH. Bellville came across to me as a solid team that will play anyone tough. That game against Hutto sold me on the Gidding's Defense, but the team overall seems to have not been playing well since the bye, so that concerns me some. But I think that Giddings should win this game, because as far as what I saw (granted, just one game for each) but i think that if Giddings plays their best game and Belliville plays their best, then Giddings is the better team. But would I be shocked by a Brahma victory? Not at all. But I doubt that the Gidding's offense can play as sloppily against the Brahmas as they did against Hutto with about 37 fumbles or so and to continually give a talented team fantastic field position without getting a loss. Anyway, I'll take the Buffs by 10. I think its a close game but Fitzhenry slips away for a long TD or two despite a solid effort by Bellville's defense, and the Bellville D gets a little tired by the 4th quarter and allows Giddings to control the ball, clock, and field position. The Buff's defense will make it too tough to sustain the long drives the Brahma's need to win the game. Here's to an injury free game, and hopefully a good one. I'm going to try to be there for this one.

Do you think the reason that Giddings has "not been playing well since the bye" might have something to do with scouting and coaching? A team gets away with more early in the season but sooner or latter the opposition upon reviewing more films learns how to defense against them and devise offensive plays that attack certain weaknesses or relative weaknesses in the case of Giddings. La Grange coaches did a great job of preparing for that game and it was close because the Buffs found out that the Leps wern't rolling over. If Bellville does its homework and I know they will, than they will find a way to stop the Buffs running game. Then the Bulls can open it up on offense and force Giddings to play their game. I think Giddings loses Friday.:cool:

carter08
10-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Bellville has a very good team, as evident by the fact they have won so many games. But Giddings also has a good team, and may have won more. But in this game, Bellville will win

Eagles52
10-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Do you think the reason that Giddings has "not been playing well since the bye" might have something to do with scouting and coaching? A team gets away with more early in the season but sooner or latter the opposition upon reviewing more films learns how to defense against them and devise offensive plays that attack certain weaknesses or relative weaknesses in the case of Giddings. La Grange coaches did a great job of preparing for that game and it was close because the Buffs found out that the Leps wern't rolling over. If Bellville does its homework and I know they will, than they will find a way to stop the Buffs running game. Then the Bulls can open it up on offense and force Giddings to play their game. I think Giddings loses Friday.:cool:

That is very possible, but since I did not get to watch those games, I couldn't accurately comment on what all contributed to the recent poor play. But I will say this, if Giddings executes their offense, they are too talented to be stopped (at least completely). But thats an "if" that depends on a lot of things, including that tough Brahma D that they'll be facing.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-30-2006, 11:33 AM
The question was for hookandladder. He watches his team have a tougher time with Bellville, but states that Gidding is the best team. Just wanting to know what makes him feel that way.

He is a she, that is big on Baseball.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-30-2006, 11:37 AM
If Bellville does its homework and I know they will, than they will find a way to stop the Buffs running game. Then the Bulls can open it up on offense and force Giddings to play their game. I think Giddings loses Friday.:cool:

Bellville will also have to hold on to the ball, 3 or 4 turn=overs could be the differance vs Giddings.

Pudlugger
10-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Bellville will also have to hold on to the ball, 3 or 4 turn=overs could be the differance vs Giddings.

True, the Giddings D will hit hard and protecting the football will be big.

UPanIN
10-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Giddings 27
Bellvelle 20

Bull's-eye
10-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Do you think the reason that Giddings has "not been playing well since the bye" might have something to do with scouting and coaching? A team gets away with more early in the season but sooner or latter the opposition upon reviewing more films learns how to defense against them and devise offensive plays that attack certain weaknesses or relative weaknesses in the case of Giddings.

Good point, but also the quality of the opposition and how they match up. I noticed Caldwell won the time of possession (over 26 mins) in their game vs Giddings. This may be the key to defeating Giddings, control the clock and keep their offense off the field. It will take a good offense, one that can run the ball and pass enough to keep those chains moving. Bellville has this type of offense, but must protect the ball. Bellville's defense has been very tough against the run, but not so good defending the pass. Since Giddings is a primary running team, they will be mostly going against the strength of the Brahmas defense.

Brahma73
10-30-2006, 01:37 PM
I've seen 'em both. Giddings runs a low turnover kind of offense, and they can really burn some clock. Bellville will have to score often when they have the ball, because there will not be a lot of possessions for both teams. Bellville is certainly more explosive, but simply cannot turn the ball over or be forced to punt a lot.

I think the Bulls have the talent to win this one, but it will take a "clean" effort. The revenge factor comes into play from last years total destruction of Bellville by the Buffaloes in the playoffs (the game was not as close as the score), so look for an emotional Bellville squad.

My heart pulls for the Brahmas, but the game being at Giddings with that crowd...

Giddings 28
Bellville 20

Make me wrong, Brahmas!!!!!

buffpride
10-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Last year's Bi-District game was probably one of the most exciting, nailbiting, nerve racking game that I had ever attended. That being said, this year, this game...District Title up for grabs, should be and will be just as exciting.

I wish I knew the answer as to why Giddings has not been as potent since the Bye week, but it has been obvious that the team is not playing to its potential. Yes, Pudlugger, the scouting and film watching has something to do with it but there is something else missing with the team.

Being that this game will determine the district title should get the Buffs back on track and the fact that they are playing Bellville. Now that works both ways, because Bellville will come to Giddings to play ball not lay down. They have the title at hand as well and will be playing for the loss given to them last year.

If anyone in Central Texas is looking for a real "punch for punch" game, this is it!!!

My prediction:

Giddings 39
Bellville 31

Bull19
10-30-2006, 02:24 PM
IM SUPRISED NOBODY HAS MENTIONED BELLVILLE'S DIASTER LAST YEAR CATCHING THE POOCH KICK FROM GIDDINGS LSAT YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS. WOULDNT SUPRISE ME TO SEE THEM DO THAT AGAIN THIS WEEK SINCE 2 WEEKS AGO BELLVILLE SHOWED THEY ARE STILL PROWN TO IT. SMITHVILLE DID IT ON THEIR FIRST KICK OFF AND #65 FROM BELLVILLE FUMBLED IT, BUT THE BRAHMAS DID RECOVER IT

KL3
10-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Your right Bull, people are overlooking that. Both times Bellville had trouble coming up and catching the kick and handed Giddings great field possession at the 30-40 yard line.

Fotbol
10-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Giddings by 3

buffpride
10-30-2006, 05:27 PM
IM SUPRISED NOBODY HAS MENTIONED BELLVILLE'S DIASTER LAST YEAR CATCHING THE POOCH KICK FROM GIDDINGS LSAT YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS. WOULDNT SUPRISE ME TO SEE THEM DO THAT AGAIN THIS WEEK SINCE 2 WEEKS AGO BELLVILLE SHOWED THEY ARE STILL PROWN TO IT. SMITHVILLE DID IT ON THEIR FIRST KICK OFF AND #65 FROM BELLVILLE FUMBLED IT, BUT THE BRAHMAS DID RECOVER IT

I think the Brahmas would have fixed that problem since last years game but apparently not. IMO, that is what cost them the game last year.

Bull19
10-30-2006, 05:30 PM
I think the Brahmas would have fixed that problem since last years game but apparently not. IMO, that is what cost them the game last year.

I DONT KNOW IF IT COST THEM THE GAME BUT THEY SURE WERE MOMENTUM KILLERS

buffpride
10-30-2006, 05:36 PM
I actually felt a little bad for the kid that was pick on twice and fumbled. But not that bad since we took it in a scored both times.

Bull's-eye
10-30-2006, 06:17 PM
If I remember right, there was a stiff wind blowing that made catching the ball even more dificult. The Giddings kicker did a great job of placing the ball between the 2nd and 3rd line of receivers, causing havoc as to which player would field the ball.

Pudlugger
10-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Good point, but also the quality of the opposition and how they match up. I noticed Caldwell won the time of possession (over 26 mins) in their game vs Giddings. This may be the key to defeating Giddings, control the clock and keep their offense off the field. It will take a good offense, one that can run the ball and pass enough to keep those chains moving. Bellville has this type of offense, but must protect the ball. Bellville's defense has been very tough against the run, but not so good defending the pass. Since Giddings is a primary running team, they will be mostly going against the strength of the Brahmas defense.

Bingo!, Bull-Eye gets it!:D

Bull's-eye
10-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Where's the Giddings DQ? I would like to see Emily or Dana from FSN (please don't send Beasley or Renner).:D

Bull19
10-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Where's the Giddings DQ? I would like to see Emily or Dana from FSN (please don't send Beasley or Renner).:D

HOPEFULLY DANA, YOUR RIGHT RIC NEEDS TO STAY AT HOME AND DOUBLE HIS RITALIN INTAKE

Bull19
10-30-2006, 07:56 PM

THE DQ IS RIGHT OF 290 ON THE RIGHT, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN. ITS ONE OF THOSE NEW FANCY MODERN LOOKING ONES, PRETTY SWEET. MIGHT HAVE TO STOP IN ON THE WAY TO THE FIELD FOR A BELTBUSTER OR MAYBE A DIPPED CONE

Bull's-eye
10-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Bull, you would take Dana over Emily?

Last year we met Neil Beasley at the Marlin DQ, he and his camera guys were very cool. Told us they would film us when the Brahmas scored or had a big play.

Pudlugger
10-30-2006, 08:09 PM
THE DQ IS RIGHT OF 290 ON THE RIGHT, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN. ITS ONE OF THOSE NEW FANCY MODERN LOOKING ONES, PRETTY SWEET. MIGHT HAVE TO STOP IN ON THE WAY TO THE FIELD FOR A BELTBUSTER OR MAYBE A DIPPED CONE

Dipped cone, yeah, that's my favorite! I like the Cookies N Cream Blizzards too. Burgers are a little dry don't you think? As for fast food burgers I like Wendy's, What a Burger, Jack N the Box, Burger King, and if all else fails McDonalds.

Best drive in burgers in the world? In 'N Out. Got to go to Nevada or California though 'cause its a privately held family company that has no clue as to how great they could be if they went national (big lawsuit going on in the family to expand). Try a double double cheesburger all the way with animal fries (cheese, chili, and fries). Lines of cars in the drive-through a quarter mile down Ventura Blvd in the Valley on a Friday night.:D

Bull19
10-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Bull, you would take Dana over Emily?

PROLY SO, DEPENDS THOUGH WHAT KIND OF MOOD I AM IN. IF ALL POSSIBLE ID TAKE BOTH;)

Bull19
10-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Dipped cone, yeah, that's my favorite! I like the Cookies N Cream Blizzards too. Burgers are a little dry don't you think? As for fast food burgers I like Wendy's, What a Burger, Jack N the Box, Burger King, and if all else fails McDonalds.

NOT DRY AT ALL. AT LEAST NOT IN BELLVILLE. PRETTY DECENT BURGER BUT WHAT REALLY MAKES THEM SPECIAL IS THEIR FRENCH FRIES. WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST IN TOWN, ESPECIALLY WITH SOME HONEY MUSTARD

hookandladder
10-30-2006, 09:03 PM
He is a she, that is big on Baseball.

He is not a she, I just am not as impressed with Bellville as I am with Giddings. Watching us play Giddings you knew they could take it to the house every time they touch the ball. Bellville game did not feel that way, I talked to an Ex-Bellville Coach at half time
he had the same opinion as I do. Bellville is a good team not a great time, as I think Giddings is defintely a better team. Just my opinion and I am sticking to it. Friday will tell the tell.

Bull19
10-30-2006, 09:09 PM
He is not a she, I just am not as impressed with Bellville as I am with Giddings. Watching us play Giddings you knew they could take it to the house every time they touch the ball. Bellville game did not feel that way, I talked to an Ex-Bellville Coach at half time
he had the same opinion as I do. Bellville is a good team not a great time, as I think Giddings is defintely a better team. Just my opinion and I am sticking to it. Friday will tell the tell.

FOR BEING A LADY YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME IMPRESSES ME, AND BY THAT I MEAN IT DOESNT IMPRESS ME. BELLVILLE IS JUST AS GOOD AS GIDDINGS AND IT WILL SHOW COME FRIDAY NIGHT WITH A BELLVILLE WIN

hookandladder
10-31-2006, 07:12 AM
FOR BEING A LADY YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME IMPRESSES ME, AND BY THAT I MEAN IT DOESNT IMPRESS ME. BELLVILLE IS JUST AS GOOD AS GIDDINGS AND IT WILL SHOW COME FRIDAY NIGHT WITH A BELLVILLE WIN

Your Cap letters impress me, your so knowledgeable. No one knows as much as you, I do not know why they are playing Friday night. In your knowledgeable eye's it's a done deal.

buffpride
10-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Being that this game has been deemed "DQ Big Game of the Week" by FSN, what will it mean for the two teams? Obviously it brings attention to both schools and their programs but how does it affect the way the teams play? Added hype? More pressure? TV glory? Etc.?

Thought and Opinions.....

BTEXDAD
10-31-2006, 11:47 AM

Best drive in burgers in the world? In 'N Out. Got to go to Nevada or California though 'cause its a privately held family company that has no clue as to how great they could be if they went national (big lawsuit going on in the family to expand). Try a double double cheesburger all the way with animal fries (cheese, chili, and fries). Lines of cars in the drive-through a quarter mile down Ventura Blvd in the Valley on a Friday night.:D

Been there, done that, even got the t-shirt. in n out does great business with very limited menu. Hamburgers, cheeseburgers fries and that's about it. At least that's the way it was in 03 when I was there. No chicken sandwiches or other unnecessary items. Eating there, I thought of the old SAt nite live skit .
"Cheese burger, cheeseburger, pepsi, pepsi."

"Can I get two hamburgers?"
"No hamburgers, cheeseburgers."
"Okay, let me have two cheeseburgers and 2 cokes."
"No cokes, pepsis."
"Okay two cheeseburgers and 2 pepsis."
"Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, pepsi, pepsi."

"I want a salad."
"No salad, cheeseburger."

And so on.

However, I actually thought Carl Jrs had better tasting burgers in that part of the country, but please don't put mcdonald's in same breath with either of them.

Bull's-eye
10-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Being that this game has been deemed "DQ Big Game of the Week" by FSN, what will it mean for the two teams? Obviously it brings attention to both schools and their programs but how does it affect the way the teams play? Added hype? More pressure? TV glory? Etc.?

A little more hype and maybe the thrill of being on TV. I think both coaches want the players to forget about the cameras and play their type of game.

For me, hearing DQ makes me hungry.:D

Pudlugger
10-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Been there, done that, even got the t-shirt. in n out does great business with very limited menu. Hamburgers, cheeseburgers fries and that's about it. At least that's the way it was in 03 when I was there. No chicken sandwiches or other unnecessary items. Eating there, I thought of the old SAt nite live skit .
"Cheese burger, cheeseburger, pepsi, pepsi."

"Can I get two hamburgers?"
"No hamburgers, cheeseburgers."
"Okay, let me have two cheeseburgers and 2 cokes."
"No cokes, pepsis."
"Okay two cheeseburgers and 2 pepsis."
"Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, pepsi, pepsi."

"I want a salad."
"No salad, cheeseburger."

And so on.

However, I actually thought Carl Jrs had better tasting burgers in that part of the country, but please don't put mcdonald's in same breath with either of them.

They have an unofficial super secret menu at IN N Out. Animal fries: fries with chili onions and cheese; cheeseburgers the "healthy" way no bun just two big leaves of fresh lettuce ( this is Arnold the "Governator's favorite) and some other stuff I can't recall. Carl's jr burgers are okay but not as fresh or juicey. Forget McDonald's.

Bull's-eye
10-31-2006, 01:36 PM
This a football thread, so quit talking about those great tasting burgers. It's making me too hungry!!! :D

LHPfactory
10-31-2006, 02:08 PM
When looking at two very good teams, trying to figure out who will win by A beat B by x amount but C only beat them by y like this is Bull$#!+ (no pun intended) . No question both are high quality teams. It just does not work like that, especially in a high stakes game like this one. It will be a slug fest and Giddings should take it if both play good ball, but the Bulls might shock the masses (their fans obviously will not be shocked, evident to me after reading this thread). I do hope Bellville goes D1 cause there is enough competition in D2.;)

51% Giddings :to: 49% Belleville (course that was the statesmans odds against us beating Hutto last week).....:confused:

hookandladder
10-31-2006, 02:09 PM
I have a question for Bull19 or Former, which one of you were talking smack about Nieser getting lit up on a kickoff a couple of weeks ago. Reason I am asking if you were at the game you might have seen where Nieser crushed #7 for Bellville on a kickoff. What made it even more impressive Nieser was carrying the ball and flat ran over #7. You might want to ask him how did that hit feel.Remember what comes around goes around.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-31-2006, 02:10 PM

Bellville vs Marlin game last year was also the DQ game of the week, Bellville was a big underdog in that one vs Marlin in Marlin, and the Brahmas won in a close one. Bellville will also be a underdog in this one on the road. Maybe the Brahmas can repeat a win for FSN.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-31-2006, 02:21 PM
I have a question for Bull19 or Former, which one of you were talking smack about Nieser

If you would have read the post, you would have seen it was not me, mrs nieser. So edit your post!

hookandladder
10-31-2006, 02:38 PM
If you would have read the post, you would have seen it was not me, mrs nieser. So edit your post!

Could not remember which one of you posted it, Quit picking on women. Still not a women but I do really like baseball better than football. No kid in High School yet but that will change here shortly.

KL3
10-31-2006, 02:39 PM
I have a question for Bull19 or Former, which one of you were talking smack about Nieser getting lit up on a kickoff a couple of weeks ago. Reason I am asking if you were at the game you might have seen where Nieser crushed #7 for Bellville on a kickoff. What made it even more impressive Nieser was carrying the ball and flat ran over #7. You might want to ask him how did that hit feel.Remember what comes around goes around.

So he ran over Bellville's kicker? All 5'10" and 160 lbs of him. Very impressive.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Could not remember which one of you posted it

Next time you call someone out make sure you have the right person! Now say your sorrie!:mad:

hookandladder
10-31-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by KL3
So he ran over Bellville's kicker? All 5'10" and 160 lbs of him. Very impressive.

The same size Nieser is, he is out their to play footbal right.

hookandladder
10-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Next time you call someone out make sure you have the right person! Now say your sorrie!:mad:

Ok.

Bull19
10-31-2006, 03:33 PM

RUNNING OVER A KICKER IS LIKE STEPPING ON A DANDELION. NOT VERY IMPRESSIVE. AND I WOULDNT GO THINKING THAT IS SOMETHING TO BRAG ABOUT BECAUSE IT ISNT.

YOU SURE ARE GETTING OFFENSIVE OVER NEISER. MAYBE YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR SON ALL 5 FT 2 INCHES 1OO POUNDS OF HIM TO GO HIT THE WEIGHTS IF HE WANTS TO RUN OVER SOMEBODY AND ACTUALLY HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS ABOUT IT, CAUSE KICKERS DONT COUNT

hookandladder
10-31-2006, 03:50 PM
RUNNING OVER A KICKER IS LIKE STEPPING ON A DANDELION. NOT VERY IMPRESSIVE. AND I WOULDNT GO THINKING THAT IS SOMETHING TO BRAG ABOUT BECAUSE IT ISNT.

YOU SURE ARE GETTING OFFENSIVE OVER NEISER. MAYBE YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR SON ALL 5 FT 2 INCHES 1OO POUNDS OF HIM TO GO HIT THE WEIGHTS IF HE WANTS TO RUN OVER SOMEBODY AND ACTUALLY HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS ABOUT IT, CAUSE KICKERS DONT COUNT

Sure was funny when he took a big hit and your Bellville boy gets laid out and you can't handle it. You sure can dish it out but you can't take it. I personally can tell you he has no interest in a football career, now baseball is what he will be trying to persue in college. Still not his mother, but if it makes you feel like a bigger man so be it.My son is 5'2" and weights about 120lbs, he's still growing and very young.Maybe some day you can talk some smack about him to.

Bull19
10-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Sure was funny when he took a big hit and your Bellville boy gets laid out and you can't handle it. You sure can dish it out but you can't take it. I personally can tell you he has no interest in a football career, now baseball is what he will be trying to persue in college. Still not his mother, but if it makes you feel like a bigger man so be it.My son is 5'2" and weights about 120lbs, he's still growing and very young.Maybe some day you can talk some smack about him to.

HEY HOOKANDSINKER THIS THREAD CLEARLY SAYS BELLVILLE VS GIDDINGS SO TAKE YOUR WE ARE STILL LUCKY TO EVEN HAVE A CHANCE TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS CRYING SELF TO A DIFFERENT THREAD

AND NO NEISER HAS NO CHANCE AT COLLEGE BALL, I WILL NOT REPLY TO YOUR COMMENT ON THAT STATMENT I JUST MADE SO SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND MAKE A REPLY TO IT

hookandladder
10-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Giddings 48

Bellville 17

BTEXDAD
10-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Can't we all just get along?

No, Rodney we can't. At least not during football season.

buff4life
10-31-2006, 11:20 PM

Giddings has a DQ Restaurant....its really nice....there are only a few in the whole country

HTripleC13
11-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Bull19, are you still talking trash on these threads???? I thought you would quit after Janak left.... I figured it would just get boring for you...

Bull19
11-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by HTripleC13
Bull19, are you still talking trash on these threads???? I thought you would quit after Janak left.... I figured it would just get boring for you...

WHAT YOU DONT REALIZE IS ME AND TAYLOR ARE GOOD FRIENDS, NOT LIKE HOOKANDREEL

STXBramha
11-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Giddings 48

Bellville 17

If you honestly think the score is going to be 48-17 your just an idiot. Quit making predictions out of spite. If this is really ur prediction, what was ur prediction with the Giddings LG game? 127-6?

HTripleC13
11-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Easy now Bull19... I'm not critizing you, i like your style... Reminds me of those days packing turface..

Bull19
11-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Easy now Bull19... I'm not critizing you, i like your style... Reminds me of those days packing turface..

OH MAN THOSE WERE THE DAYS. NEVER CAN HAVE TO MUCH TURFACE. THATS WHAT KEPT KNIGHT FIELD GOING ON ON THOSE RAINY DAYS THAT ALONG WITH ALOT OF SYNERGY

Bull19
11-01-2006, 05:13 PM
, i like your style...

FINALLY SOMEBODY APPERCIATES A GOOD OPINION WHEN THE SEE ONE

Bull's-eye
11-01-2006, 05:17 PM
OH MAN THOSE WERE THE DAYS. NEVER CAN HAVE TO MUCH TURFACE.

I hate to ask, but what is Turface?

Bull19
11-01-2006, 05:19 PM
I hate to ask, but what is Turface?

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS BULLS-EYE? ARE YOU REALY UNFAMILIAR WITH TURFACE?

Bull's-eye
11-01-2006, 05:22 PM
When I played, we would set the field on fire. Then it would be dry enough to play ball.

trg
11-01-2006, 05:24 PM
I pick Bellville to win.

Bull19
11-01-2006, 05:26 PM
When I played, we would set the field on fire. Then it would be dry enough to play ball.

HAHA VERY FUNNY BULLS-EYE.

TURFACE IS A MIXTURE OF CLAY, SAND, PEBBLES, LOVE, AND SOME OTHER INGREDIENTS THAT ARE COMPILED INTO ONE BAG. THE BAG IS POURED ONTO THE DIRT AND IT SOAKS UP WATER AND ADDS TEXTURE TO THE DIRT. USED PRIMIALRY WHEN WET TO MAKE THE FIELD PLAYABLE, BUT ALSO USED TO GIVE IT SOME THICKNESS YOU MIGHT SAY,,,, DEFININTLY THE BEST PRODUCT EVER INVENTED, I PLAN ON WORKING FOR THE MVP PRO TURFACE COMPANY IN MY LATER YEARS JUST SO I CAN HAVE THE PRIVLAGE OF WORKING WITH SUCH A GREAT PRODUCT

Bull's-eye
11-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the board TRG, always good to have another Bellville poster.

Bull's-eye
11-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Bull, what would be so much fun about packing Turface?

Bull19
11-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Bull, what would be so much fun about packing Turface?

ITS NOT SO MUCH OF A FUN THING, BUT MORE OF A PRIVLIGE AND A HONOR. ALL TRUE BELLVILLE BRAHMAS DO IT

Reds fan
11-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Belville 28
Giddings 21.....

......If the Bulls can cut the Buffs QB production from last year's playoff game from 7 TD's to 3 and hold on to kickoffs! When two teams of this caliber meet special teams always seem to separate the teams. Hope this game is injury free for both schools!

Bull's-eye
11-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Reds fan, I like the way you think.

You ever play dominos in Kenney?

Bull19
11-01-2006, 05:40 PM
BULLS-EYE HAVE YOU GRACED US WITH YOUR PREDICTION YET? IF NOT WHEN WILL IT ARRIVE?

Reds fan
11-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Nope, Bulls-eye, never mastered the game enough to play with those folk!

KL3
11-01-2006, 06:36 PM
This season Bellville is giving up 3.3 yards a carry and has given up a total of 6 rushing TD's. One of the best run defenses in the state. Hopefully their outstanding play will continue.

Pudlugger
11-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by KL3
This season Bellville is giving up 3.3 yards a carry and has given up a total of 6 rushing TD's. One of the best run defenses in the state. Hopefully their outstanding play will continue.

Bellville's D is ranked 15, Giddings is ranked 2 per Massey ratings (all statisticaql no polling). If Bellville wins it is because they play better Friday night, not because they have better stats. Enough hype. Personally, I think Bellville will pull off the upset but they will need to bring a best game to the field to do it. Stats smats.:D

HTripleC13
11-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Turface is the greatest thing since sliced bread....

Bull19
11-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Bellville's D is ranked 15, Giddings is ranked 2 per Massey ratings (all statisticaql no polling). If Bellville wins it is because they play better Friday night, not because they have better stats. Enough hype. Personally, I think Bellville will pull off the upset but they will need to bring a best game to the field to do it. Stats smats.:D

THE POLLS MIGHT HAVE US AT 15 BUT WHEN IT COMES TO HEART AND FIGHT WE HAVE MORE THAN ANYBODY IN THE STATE. LOOK FOR THE BULLS TO COME OUT FRIDAY NIGHT READY TO RIP THE BUFFS HEADS OFF

HTripleC13
11-01-2006, 08:37 PM
This seems to me like a very heated debate. I only wish that i could be at the game this Friday. Now, I haven't really been keeping up with Bellville Football, and the one game I did see they were up by double digits in the first half. From what i understand the quarterback isnt all that hot, but that hasent changed from last year, and the best running back is out with a knee injury. Now i know the Harris boy has always been good, and is putting up some decent numbers, and they have found a reasonable back up at running back. Although this goes without saying one of Bellville's key to success over the past few years has been dept. Can someone from Bellville give me a "true" breakdown of the team?

Bull19
11-01-2006, 08:42 PM
OFFENSE- O'CONNER CAN BE A VERY GOOD QB OR A VERY BAD ONE AT TIMES. THE PAST FEW GAMES HE HAS TURNED IT AROUND AND IS STARTING TO PUT UP SOME DECENT #'S.
DONT LET THE RB INJURY FOOL YOU. CHANEY HAS STEPPED IN AND ABBS HAS REALY STEPPED IT UP. PERSONALY I THINK ABBS IS ALOT BETTER THAN COOP. ABBS HAS HSOWN HE HAS THE POWER TO RUN OVER ANYONE AND RUN BY ANYONE.
AT W.R. HARRIS=NUF SAID
O-LINE VERY GOOD.

DEFENSE IS LED BY DANE AND LISCHKA. VERY GOOD AT STOPPING RUN. SECONDARY IS VULNERABLE TO THE PASS BUT LUCKLY GIDDINGS DOESNT PASS.

LOOK FOR THE GAME TO BE VERY EVENLY MATCHED. EXPECT A CLOSE ONE TO THE WIRE. I HOPE THIS HAS HELPED YOU AT TRIPLE H

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Giddings 48

Bellville 17

Giddings beat La Grange by only 7, Bellville beat La Grange by 18
If you think Bellville will get beat by 31, I will bet you the house if you are giving 31.

HTripleC13
11-01-2006, 08:53 PM
I HOPE THIS HAS HELPED YOU AT TRIPLE H Thanks, and it's H-Triple C, but thats a whole other story...

I figured Chaney would step it up, he was good last year. As far as that O-line, I know the coach is a major dick and expects nothing but the best so it goes without saying they should be good. As far as i can remember the offense only goes as far as that offensive line can carry them.

As for Giddings, from what i have heard and the little I have seen, if you stop the quarterback, you stop their offense... is this true?

Bull19
11-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks, and it's H-Triple C, but thats a whole other story...

I figured Chaney would step it up, he was good last year. As far as that O-line, I know the coach is a major dick and expects nothing but the best so it goes without saying they should be good. As far as i can remember the offense only goes as far as that offensive line can carry them.

As for Giddings, from what i have heard and the little I have seen, if you stop the quarterback, you stop their offense... is this true?

TO AN EXTENT BUT NOT ENTIRELY. THEY STILL HAVE A VERY GOOD RB AND FB.

THAT REMINDS ME OF AN OLE SAYING I USED TO HEAR. THE TEAM WILL GO ONLY AS FAR AS THE PITCHING AND SOLID SOUND DEFENSE TAKES THEM, BUT THAT A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY THOUGH ISNT IT HCCC13

HTripleC13
11-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Just play a good game of pitch and catch, and everything will go alright. That is as long as you keep the ball down..

sicem74
11-01-2006, 09:08 PM
**********UPSET UPSET UPSET*******
BELLVILLE 42
GIDDINGS 35

THATS SCORE SEEMS RIGHT

BET DAT

GO YOE

BET DAT

Bull19
11-01-2006, 09:08 PM
GOTTA HAVE SYNERGY. WORK HARD THROW GOOD QUALITY STRIKES AND WHEN WERE BATTING YOU GOTTA PUT THE BALL IN PLAY AND GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN....TOUCH SOMEBODY

HTripleC13
11-01-2006, 09:15 PM
I pick Bellville by no more than 7, Bellville laughs at being the underdog... Prime example: Marlin, IN Marlin..

Bull's-eye
11-01-2006, 09:23 PM
BULLS-EYE HAVE YOU GRACED US WITH YOUR PREDICTION YET? IF NOT WHEN WILL IT ARRIVE?

Bellville 28

Giddings 21

HTripleC13
11-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Has the passing game progressed out of Harris being the" first, second, and third check and then run" kind of mentality that the team had last year?

Bull19
11-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Has the passing game progressed out of Harris being the" first, second, and third check and then run" kind of mentality that the team had last year?

HOFMANN HAS HAD SOME BALLS HIS WAY ALONG WITH LEDBETTER BUT MAILY ITS HARRIS. HE HASNT BEEN STOPPED ALL SEASON. THEY THROW ALOT OF SCREENS TO HIM SO HE CAN GET THE BALL AND SO HE CANT MAKE THINGS HAPPEN

HTripleC13
11-01-2006, 09:53 PM
So basically nothing has changed.... I remember watching some of the games and seeing the tight end, i think #80, running wide open right down the seam, and the QB would throw into double coverage trying to get Harris the ball. That tight end was pretty good, but from what i hear the tight end is non-exsistent in Bellville football...

HTripleC13
11-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Let me clarify, this was last year that these events happened..

hookandladder
11-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by STXBramha
If you honestly think the score is going to be 48-17 your just an idiot. Quit making predictions out of spite. If this is really ur prediction, what was ur prediction with the Giddings LG game? 127-6?

I think the game will be tight first half, after half Giddings walks away. I should ask you and Bellville fans what was your prediction for LG-Giddings. If I remember correctly most said it would be over at half time.

STXBramha
11-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Ok Bellville turned the ball over how many times and still won handidly

Pudlugger
11-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by STXBramha
Ok Bellville turned the ball over how many times and still won handidly

I think some of those turnovers were due to slobberknocker hits and believe me Giddings hits hard too.

By winning handily you mean after holding the Leps on 4th and short at the 48 yardline with 5 minutes left with the score 20-9? Cause until then the game was not decided. The last td by Harris immediately following this change of possesion was when the game was put away. Until then any honest observer would say the Leps were still very much in the game.

buffpride
11-02-2006, 09:43 AM
THE POLLS MIGHT HAVE US AT 15 BUT WHEN IT COMES TO HEART AND FIGHT WE HAVE MORE THAN ANYBODY IN THE STATE. LOOK FOR THE BULLS TO COME OUT FRIDAY NIGHT READY TO RIP THE BUFFS HEADS OFF

Just another way of saying "My team is better than your team".
Right?

buffpride
11-02-2006, 09:51 AM
With all honesty, this game will be as big as any game that these two teams will play this year (except a state title game). Trust me, they know each other well and have studied each others way of doing things. The coaches have watched countless hours of film and will have their respective team prepared for a battle. The coaches want this "WIN" as much as if not more than the kids. This is why they do the work they do. They love the game and the kids.

I know Giddings is ranked higher than Bellville, but in a game like this you can throw the rankings out of the window. They mean nothing to the players or coaches.

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Play the game on the field not on the message board :D

KL3
11-02-2006, 10:27 AM
I think some of those turnovers were due to slobberknocker hits and believe me Giddings hits hard too.

Actually, 2 of the fumbles Bellville lost did not involve a LG player. The first came on a would be handoff to Chaney from O'Connor. Chaney tried several times to pick it back up but LG recovered. Another happened the same way with Abbs & O'Connor.

By winning handily you mean after holding the Leps on 4th and short at the 48 yardline with 5 minutes left with the score 20-9? Cause until then the game was not decided. [/B]

Your right, "technically" the game was not decided. But to anyone watching you knew Bellville was in control the entire game and without the fumbles LG would have been held to 3 points for the game.

Pudlugger
11-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Saying "without the fumbles" is to invent a different game. What would it sound like to you if I said "without the three touchdowns Bellville scored we would have beaten you 9-7." What if pigs could fly.

The 6 fumbles happened for many reasons including the defensive pressure of the Leps. The ball was wet on both sides of the line of scrimmage. The Leps had no turnovers or fumbles in the game.

What you seem to be saying is that the Leps didn't capitalize on the opportunities. That is to Bellville's credit. They outplayed the Leps, but don't make it seem like it was a cakewalk. It wasn't, it was close for at least three quarters. The halftime score was 14-6.

Good luck against Giddings. Just win and that will make your point better than all the posts on this board.:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-02-2006, 11:04 AM

Easy son, remember the La Grange game is over, Giddings is a whole different team, and town. I have some good friends in Giddings. I think we could have a meet and greet with the Buff fans. There are 2 very good teams playing in this one #3, and #10 in the state, one team will lose, but both will be in the Play=offs in different backets. Both could win a state title. I say Bellville will have to hold on to the ball to win. If they score more points then the Buffs, they will win.:D

BTEXDAD
11-02-2006, 11:11 AM
If they score more points then the Buffs, they will win.:D

I have always maintained that some of the smartest people in the world come from Bellville texas, and FBB has again proved that point.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I have always maintained that some of the smartest people in the world come from Bellville texas, and FBB has again proved that point.

Thanks Dad, how is Bellville softball pitching looking?;) ;)

Pudlugger
11-02-2006, 11:26 AM
FBB is that you, John Madden?:D

pirate4state
11-02-2006, 11:50 AM
[BThere are 2 very good teams playing in this one #3, and #10 in the state, one team will lose, but both will be in the Play=offs in different backets. [/B] This is going to be a very good game!! :clap: I didn't realize Bellville was ranked #10. :thinking: Two state ranked teams in the same district!! Pretty cool!! :clap:

Good Luck everyone!! :)

Bull19
11-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Easy son, remember the La Grange game is over, Giddings is a whole different team, and town. I have some good friends in Giddings. I think we could have a meet and greet with the Buff fans. There are 2 very good teams playing in this one #3, and #10 in the state, one team will lose, but both will be in the Play=offs in different backets. Both could win a state title. I say Bellville will have to hold on to the ball to win. If they score more points then the Buffs, they will win.:D

MY BAD DAD, JUST GOT A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY. NONE THE LESS THE D WILL BE READY TO PLAY.

Eagles52
11-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Bellville will need to be a much better team than I watched against BH to win a state title (not saying they haven't or won't get to that point) but they need to improve a lot

hookandladder
11-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Bellville will need to be a much better team than I watched against BH to win a state title (not saying they haven't or won't get to that point) but they need to improve a lot

Amen.

KL3
11-02-2006, 01:03 PM
The 6 fumbles happened for many reasons including the defensive pressure of the Leps.

Pud, like I said earlier, 2 of the 3 fumbles you recovered occured when the Bellville RB & QB simply muffed the handoff. There were no LG players around, as evident by Chaney trying to pick up the ball 3 times before there was a LG player near him.

LG was outgained by 166 yards, including the 40 yards LG got on the last drive with Bellville in a prevent. LG should feel fortunate Bellville didn't beat them by 4 TD's.

Pudlugger
11-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by KL3
LG should feel fortunate Bellville didn't beat them by 4 TD's.

That is as absurd a statement as saying Bellville was fortunate that LG didn't beat them 21-20. Neither actually happened with the the game as played out with the final score 27-9 Bellville. All else is conjecture. Good luck in Giddings.:)

Bull's-eye
11-02-2006, 01:41 PM

I totally agree, but this is a better team than you watched early in the season. They have shown much improvement on their passing and pass defense. This game will be a good measuring stick for Bellville, a win or close game will show they can play with one of the state's top teams. I don't know about them challenging for a state title, but I do expect them to go a few rounds. After getting that deep in the playoffs, most teams are very good and anything can happen. They are going DI and it appears alot of the top teams are going DII.

Bellville started very slow in the BH game, but they did come out and play a much better 2nd half. They also found a power runner in #33 and have added some speed with #5 playing in the backfield. They also have their other starting RB fully recovered from his knee surgery, he has regained his speed and is starting to show flashes of his old self.

BTEXDAD
11-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks Dad, how is Bellville softball pitching looking?;) ;)

I actually don't have any more kids in high school. Daughter graduated in May. Still like talking sports though.
Pitching will be fine for Bellville. Shadow now at A&M, but Senior Luetge and Soph Murphy will still be around and both will be good. Senior Pieper also threw some last year, but I had heard she may not be playing.
Lost some sticks from last season, including three of four top hitters. Someone will have to step up and improve offensively, but should be very good team again.

KL3
11-02-2006, 02:14 PM
That is as absurd a statement as saying Bellville was fortunate that LG didn't beat them 21-20.

Which scenario was closer to happening? :) I'm done with it now and thanks for the well wishes.

hookandladder
11-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Which scenario was closer to happening? :) I'm done with it now and thanks for the well wishes.

With Bellville's best 2 offensive players (#5 and #6)playing both sides of the ball, I think this will hurt Bellville in the 4th quarter. I know it definitely hurt LG with Hunter Callis. He was a vital part of our defense that saw the field very little in our last 2 games. In the Giddings game he went both ways just about the who game. He could barely walk off the field after the Giddings game.Giddings main players on offense watch the defense.This will definitely make a huge difference.

Bull19
11-02-2006, 04:01 PM
BELLVILLE 30- GIDDINGS 21

BET ON IT

KL3
11-02-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm going with the home team in this one....

Giddings 31
Bellville 21

Bull's-eye
11-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Bull19 & FBB, how about a DQ pre-game meal? I'm sure one of you could also pick up the tab. :D

Bull19
11-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Bull19 & FBB, how about a DQ pre-game meal? I'm sure one of you could also pick up the tab. :D

SURE ILL PICK IT UP, WE CAN GET AN ORDER OF WATER FOR ALL OF US AND MAYBE IF I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY WE CAN SPLIT A SMALL ORDER OF FRIES....NO IM JUST JOKING,, FBB CAN GET IT, HE'S PACKING

Pudlugger
11-02-2006, 07:02 PM
SURE ILL PICK IT UP, WE CAN GET AN ORDER OF WATER FOR ALL OF US AND MAYBE IF I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY WE CAN SPLIT A SMALL ORDER OF FRIES....NO IM JUST JOKING,, FBB CAN GET IT, HE'S PACKING

Hey you guys, have fun tomorrow night and show the Buffs who their Daddy is!:D

Bull's-eye
11-03-2006, 02:02 AM

I wouldn't want you to splurge. :D

BrahmaMom
11-03-2006, 02:14 AM
Whoa, KL3, come on, where's your faith??? I get on here to report the exciting 8th grade A results in time to see you throw in the towel! I must get back to my 3ADL friends and family to remind Brahma fans the Bulls have the talent, heart, and tradition of champions, if not the size. I was reminded tonight of the fact that Gidding does, in fact, grow 'em big. KL3, I remember y'all playing them in baseball and thinking they brought their football team to the diamond! Played baseball like football players, too. That said, the 8th grade A team tied 28-28 in one of the most exciting games I've seen in a long while. My baby, wearing Syp's old #55, kept the Buffs from scoring one TD and kept the go ahead 2 pt conversion at the one yard line. Wish he'd get more of his big brother's aggression on the field, but I'll give that testosterone a little more time, it is certainly seen at home! the 8th grade will have to face these guys for a long time, but it's a good team in the wings. Until then, the Brahmas can hold the Buffs tonight.

Peder507
11-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Its almost time to bring the pain, shed some blood; you know, all that fun stuff

KL3
11-03-2006, 09:27 AM
BrahmaMom, you see, I'm going with the 'safe' prediction on this one. I do think Bellville can win and I wouldn't be too surprised to see that happen, but I don't wanna get my hopes up too much. I'd rather be surprised with a victory than surprised with a loss.

The main thing that stuck out too me when we played Giddings in baseball was the size of their field. I think the OF fences were only 315 or something. I wonder if they still play on that field? And I have seen a few results from those 8th graders in the Times. What is their record on the year? I think the last I had seen was 4-0. What position is yours playing, LB?

KL3
11-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Bellville freshman season:

Bellville 37 Sealy 6
Bellville 36 West Columbia 0
Bellville 36 Barbers Hill 6
Bellville 32 Smithville 0
Bellville 33 St. Thomas 0
Bellville 14 Navasota 6 (This game was called at halftime due to rain, both teams were 5-0 going in)
Bellville 26 Smithville 6
Bellville 37 LG 15
Bellville 42 Giddings 20

They have outscored their opponents 293-59.

Bull19
11-03-2006, 01:17 PM
I RECENTLY HEARD THAT BELLVILLE WILL BE INSTALLING GRASSY TURF NEXT YEAR AT THE PASTURE. IS THIS FACT OR FICTION?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-03-2006, 03:12 PM
I RECENTLY HEARD THAT BELLVILLE WILL BE INSTALLING GRASSY TURF NEXT YEAR AT THE PASTURE. IS THIS FACT OR FICTION?

It has been a topic at the Booster Club meetings, all it will take is a big donation.

tortilla_man
11-03-2006, 03:22 PM
wow that would be pretty cool in the long run its cheaper to maintain, dont have to resod, water etc..

might bring some extra revenue to the town if it could host some play off games, pasture has came along way since i started, when i started still had the wood bleachers then came along the addition of the aluminum by the time i had graduated, i also remeber they were supose to upgrade the track surface, came a few years ago, i think they just opted to patch the track up at the time and bring it up at a later time.

trg
11-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome Bulls Eye. A friend introduced me to this board and 7th grader playing for Bellville I will be visiting this board often in the years to come.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by tortilla_man
wow that would be pretty cool in the long run its cheaper to maintain, dont have to resod, water etc..

might bring some extra revenue to the town if it could host some play off games, pasture has came along way since i started, when i started still had the wood bleachers then came along the addition of the aluminum by the time i had graduated, i also remeber they were supose to upgrade the track surface, came a few years ago, i think they just opted to patch the track up at the time and bring it up at a later time.

Heard they are redoing the track after football, new surface.

EAGLETOWN
11-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Does any one know if this game is on the radio, and if so what channel?

I just hope they webcast.

EAGLETOWN
11-03-2006, 09:04 PM
UGH...... any updates yet!!

Crimestick
11-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Bellville was leading at last check by 14-7, I think...

EAGLETOWN
11-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Thanks keep me up to date.

BrahmaMom
11-05-2006, 01:54 AM
KL3, I apologize for not trusting your instincts more and you ended up right. Your strategy is one I usually take. I don't know if the baseball team is still playing on that field, but it WAS big, wasn't it? I'd forgotten that. And yeah, he is playing LB. trg--welcome to the board. For the hard-core 3ADLers, trg knows the game. A welcome addition to our family. Congrats to Giddings on the win. Congrats to the Brahmas on fighting till the end. Learn from the loss, and you come away better, wiser men.