PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Sin???

Gobbla2001
10-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Went to a certain BBQ place that shall remain nameless last weekend... we got some lunch and the person infront of me ordered a frito pie... I say to myself, "BBQ Place? Frito Pie?"... I noticed they use their chopped brisket for the frito pie... so I'm feeling crazy and get a frito pie...

When making it right infront of me, they're asking me what I want on it... so far I just had the chopped brisket in the plate/bowl-thingy with fritos mixed in with it (this is when I first started feelin' "funny" about my choice)... first she asks "Would you like beans"... sure, they're regular bbq-place beans so I'll take 'em... then she asks stuff I never thought I'd hear when referring to a BBQ plate...

"Guacamole?"

"No"

"Sour Cream?"

"No"

"Pico?"

"No"

"Cheese?" (and I love cheese on everything, BUT bbq, maybe grilled fajitas)

"uhmmm, no"

at this point I'm feeling bad enough about the perfectly fine chopped brisket having fritos in it, the beans end up touching your meat during a "regular" bbq-eating adventure so that didn't bother me...

then she asks:

"You want picante?"

"No"

"BBQ Sauce?"

"Okay, yah, sure!"

then I look and there are still some things left that I don't want on my BBQ, so in an attempt to rescue the BBQ I was about to receive I say, "Just some onions and pickles and I'll be good to go"...

It was one of the strangest things I've ever eaten, it was good, not great, but I felt almost as a sinner eating it with fritos... with that other stuff on it I would have gone straight to hell I'm sure...

what do you guys think?

Keith7
10-27-2006, 12:06 PM
sounds gay to me

Gobbla2001
10-27-2006, 12:07 PM
you hope everything sounds gay...

LHMom
10-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Sounds similar to something the LH Football concessions stands sell called "Texas Trash." It's fritos, chopped BBQ, red beans and cheese. DEEE-Lish!

(And that's what I'll be having for dinner tonight!)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

The man has a point, Keith.

mustang68
10-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks Gobbla, that was a hoot, and yes you may go to hell but only till you promise never to put yourself in that situation again.

Blastoderm55
10-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Sounds pretty good if you ask me. A pretty interesting take on Frito Pie. I might try that tonight. :D

Maroon87
10-27-2006, 12:16 PM
A Frito pie should just be Fritos and chili. At least that's what I think.;)

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
A Frito pie should just be Fritos and chili. At least that's what I think.;)

occasional cheese...

but that sounds like something that you would get at bad brads or a place like that

Keith7
10-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

not true, I just call it like i see it..

Gobbla2001
10-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
not true, I just call it like i see it..

you wear rainbow colored glasses, so understandable...

STANG RED
10-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Sounded pretty artery clogging decent to me.:D
Think I may have to try that someday.

I've certainly had some dry overdone brisket in the past, that sure could have used something to make it more eatable. I usually just drown it in BBQ sauce though.