PDA

View Full Version : Vernon 17 @ WF Hirschi 10 Final

GreenMonster
10-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Hirschi took and early 10 - 0 lead but were unable to hold on. Vernon ups it's District 6-3A record to 1-1 and Hirschi falls to 1-2.

Macarthur
10-27-2006, 09:24 AM
So, GM, if IP beats Graham tonight, they're in, right?

Looking like
1. Burk
2 & 3 IP and/or Vernon

injuredinmelee
10-27-2006, 09:34 AM
I jsut cant picture Ip having much trouble with Graham. Best of luck to the Hawks tonight.

GreenMonster
10-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Looking like
1. Burk
2 & 3 IP and/or Vernon

Actually, I think that mathematically no one can actually clinch anything this week. It would certainly put them in the driver's seat to control their own destiny for sure. A win this week pretty much puts a lock on a playoff spot.

westcoast54
10-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I jsut cant picture Ip having much trouble with Graham. Best of luck to the Hawks tonight.

Don't count anybody out in this district.

Hirschi beat Graham and had its chances againts IP. As stated in an earlier post Hirschi had a 10-0 lead on Vernon but could not hold on.

Burk beat IP 13-6, but could have easily lost. They were down 21-7 to Vernon going into the 4th and came back to win in OT.

IP could easily be 2-0 or 0-2, but they are 1-1. Same with Vernon.

Graham is 0-1 and has had a week off to get ready for the Hawks. So don't count them out.

This district is very even. A good football team is going to miss the playoffs.

mchavez
10-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Here's my predictions of how the district will finish:

1. Burk (4-0)
2. Vernon (3-1)
3. I.P. (2-2)
4. WF Hirschi (1-3)
5. Graham (0-4)

VWG
10-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Don't count anybody out in this district.

Hirschi beat Graham and had its chances againts IP. As stated in an earlier post Hirschi had a 10-0 lead on Vernon but could not hold on.

Burk beat IP 13-6, but could have easily lost. They were down 21-7 to Vernon going into the 4th and came back to win in OT.

IP could easily be 2-0 or 0-2, but they are 1-1. Same with Vernon.

Graham is 0-1 and has had a week off to get ready for the Hawks. So don't count them out.

This district is very even. A good football team is going to miss the playoffs.

I agree for the most part. On any given Friday night one of these teams could beat the other. Hirschi is vastly improved and could upset Burk, although they would really have to play a turnover free game to win.
Iowa Park was supposed to have a "rebuilding year", but they have come on strong the last few games. They should beat Graham this week.... but it's not a given. Graham is a damn mystery team. They lose to Greenwood by only 10, beat Monahans by running the football, and get beat by Hirschi fairly easily. Go figure.
Burk is the class of the district with the talent they have in Nate Brown and Horn their QB. Their only loss was a first game 21-10 defeat to Decatur.

Cameron Crazy
10-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Looking like
1. Burk
2 & 3 IP and/or Vernon Not going to happen!