PDA

View Full Version : The Streak Ends at 23......

Dogman_1969
10-26-2006, 09:37 PM
The streak ended tonight in Taylor with the Taylor freshman beating the Rockdale freshman 28-20. Taylor was a tough bunch and were exceptionally well prepared to play the Tigers tonight.

The Tigers played tough despite the breaks going against us tonight. The kids are disappointed with losing their first game especially a district game. They just need to get ready for Cameron starting tommorrow. A win at home against Cameron coupled with a Taylor loss to either Liberty Hill or Hutto would bring a District Title to the Tigers. But they must take care of business against Cameron and have help.

Great game by Taylors coaching staff as well as players..........

eagles_victory
10-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
The streak ended tonight in Taylor with the Taylor freshman beating the Rockdale freshman 28-20. Taylor was a at tough bunch and we exceptionally well prepared to play the Tigers tonight.

The Tigers played tough despite the breaks going against us tonight. The kids are disappointed with losing their first game especially a district game. They just need to get ready for Cameron starting tommorrow. A win at home against Cameron coupled with a Taylor loss to either Liberty Hill or Hutto would bring a District Title to the Tigers. But they must take care of business against Cameron and have help.

Great game by Taylors coaching staff as well as players.......... i like this dogman you come on and talk about wins but now that the streak is over you come on and tell us you lost. It would of been easy to go away for a while and not post the score but you didnt do that :clap:

tiger_94
10-27-2006, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
The streak ended tonight in Taylor with the Taylor freshman beating the Rockdale freshman 28-20. Taylor was a tough bunch and were exceptionally well prepared to play the Tigers tonight.

Great game by Taylors coaching staff as well as players..........

The loss is probably not that bad of a thing for this bunch of guys. They are about to be heading into off season after this week and this loss will provide the team with a lot more motivation to work harder. Also should bring them down a bit so they are not to cocky next year when lots of them play on friday night.

Old Tiger
10-27-2006, 07:41 AM
I saw the second half and they played their hearts out but made a few mistakes in key situations on 4th down. From my standpoint watching the game it appeared that they beat themselves. This loss will only make them better. They have to forget about it and move forward and destroy the next team on the schedule.

Johnny Utah
10-27-2006, 11:24 AM
In some cases, a loss like this will motivate a group even more. Hope not all go to offseason, hope some play hoops!!! Good luck the rest of the way and BEAT THE BELL out of Cameron!!!

eagles_victory
10-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by tiger_94
The loss is probably not that bad of a thing for this bunch of guys. They are about to be heading into off season after this week and this loss will provide the team with a lot more motivation to work harder. Also should bring them down a bit so they are not to cocky next year when lots of them play on friday night. is big Waylond Boyd out there getting after people?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-27-2006, 11:26 AM
That's a tough loss to those guys, but they have done very well to win 23 games in a row. I hope that losing this game teaches them more than those 23 wins did about football and puts a taste in their mouth that is so disgusting that they never want to taste it again.

Dogman_1969
10-27-2006, 12:40 PM
I think you are right Tiger WR. If my memory is right, at one time in the second quarter we were up 21-14 and Taylor did not have a first down.

And for us to have 4 fumbles and a interception (returned for a TD) it was not a good night.

I give credit to the Ducks though, they were well prepared and had a great game plan. They gave us looks that were new and threw trick plays that we weren't ready for. Cudos to them.....

Dogman1969
very proud dad of #20 for the Rockdale Freshman

Old Tiger
10-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Dogman,
Those were some fast kids from Taylor. It reminded me a lot of the speed that Manor had when we were that young. That kicker had a hell of a leg too for a freshmen.

tiger_94
10-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
is big Waylond Boyd out there getting after people?

well hes out there any way. thats about all right now. lol

Old Tiger
10-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by tiger_94
well hes out there any way. thats about all right now. lol lol