PDA

View Full Version : College football tonight

3afan
10-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Clemson at Va Tech, ESPN, 6:30

g$$
10-26-2006, 05:22 PM
I hope Clemson beats the dog out of Va Tech.

Va Tech has turned into a lesser version of Thug U, & I used to like Frank Beamer a lot. He has lost control of those kids. Some of their antics have not gone unnoticed by me. Marcus Vick & many others...

Herbstreit & Fowler called them out a couple of weeks ago too on ESPN's Thursday night game vs. NC State. Could be interesting.

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 05:26 PM
That Clemson RB is bad @$$

JR2004
10-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Well looks like Clemson was just an average team after all. I really don't see how Clemson was getting as much hype lately as they were. That win they had over Florida State keeps looking less and less impressive each week. I watched them play Wake Forest and wasn't particularly impressed with them. Wake Forest wasn't a good team in my opinion and they needed a big 4th quarter rally to win that one.

Virginia Tech is an average team to me this year and their back Branden Ore just outgained Clemson's entire offense by himself. People give the Big XII a hard time, but man the ACC looks weaker to me. If Clemson is the best team that conference has to offer then the ACC doesn't deserve a BCS bid this year.

g$$
10-27-2006, 01:13 AM
ACC is down no doubt.

Everyone likes to put down the Big East but it is much stronger than some others with West Virginia, Louisville, & Rutgers.

SEC is pretty solid & the Pac 10 has some good teams at the top.

Big 12 is top heavy too. Big 10 has 2 really good teams & then falls off big-time.

Welcome to parity in college football.

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-27-2006, 05:27 AM
3/4's of the teams in the BIG XII have winning records at this point in the season. that includes all teams in the BIG XII- South. there are some that have 2/3 and 8/11 winning records, but none match up to the 9 teams out of 12 with a winning record. I think the BIG XII as a whole is up, but some of the powerhouses are down but not by much. we will have to wait and see how the rest of the season plays out.

3afan
10-27-2006, 06:44 AM
i would have liked to see VT get pummelled, but i like the upset too ...