PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love Marines

Adidas410s
10-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Marine Corp's General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you have to read his reply to the woman who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this!!!!

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time.

It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So,
General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, & _shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't
see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well,
Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

You gotta love the Marines!

Pudlugger
10-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes!!!!!!:D

This should be broadcast on Fox News at 6!

That is up there with Winston Churchill.

At a party a beautiful and somewhat arrogant young lady approached Churchill.
She made some critical comments towards him. He asked her if she would sleep with him for 1 million pounds. She blushed and said yes. He than asked her if she would take 10. She angrily replied "What do you take me for? A prostitute?" Churchill replied " Madam we have already established that. Now we a negotiating the price.":D

Phil C
10-26-2006, 04:38 PM
The great comedian Don Rickles once got put down. When a comedian gets upstaged by another comedian it is an embarrasment but if it is a nobody (regarding entertainment world) it is downright humiliating. But Don Rickles was an exception and a great sport even when he was put down.
But one time he was doing a performance and said to an overwight lady "You know what Lady? If you were my wife I would give you a drink of water with poison in it."
The Lady replied "If I were your wife I would drink it!"

:D

Phil C
10-26-2006, 04:45 PM
The great actor John Wayne once got the best of Bob Hope (a great comedian and a great guy). They were honoring John Wayne on his 70th birthday. Bob Hope was a few years older.
Bob Hope joked to John Wayne "You know Duke - I hope I look as good as you when I get to be your age."
John Wayne promptly replied "You did."

:D

Pudlugger
10-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Story has been around since 1999. There is no General Reinwald. see link below

http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.htm