10-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Read!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/061025

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 01:40 PM
ttt

JasperDog94
10-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Wow! That guy layed the wood to the most overrated team this season.:eek: :)

Adidas410s
10-26-2006, 02:11 PM
There were some parts that the guy was definitely off base on but this was my favorite part...

Let's see … what else befuddles me? Oh, yeah: How you claim to hold everything about Notre Dame sacred, yet spend every Saturday afternoon on the sideline dropping F-bombs every other word and cussing out officials, all in the shadow of "Touchdown Jesus" and with a priest standing a few yards away. Sure, that's being a bit picky, I suppose, but I'm #^&*ing befuddled by it nonetheless.

Phil C
10-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Ad did you know that Notre Dame is a Catholic University?

Ad I admire the Catholic Church.

Adidas410s
10-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Ad did you know that Notre Dame is a Catholic University?

Ad I admire the Catholic Church.

Insightful as always! ;)

bulldogman06
10-26-2006, 02:28 PM
He was not right about nearly every part of this, weak schedule?? GTech, Penn State, Mich, Mich St. Purdue, Stanford, then UCLA? I can think of plenty of schedules that are weaker than that... and sure, Navy, NC, Air force, and army are next, and thats not strong, but then ND finishes with USC. that schedule is by no means weak.

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 02:30 PM
The only good team they have played so far is Michigan.

The others were over-rated

Adidas410s
10-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
He was not right about nearly every part of this, weak schedule?? GTech, Penn State, Mich, Mich St. Purdue, Stanford, then UCLA? I can think of plenty of schedules that are weaker than that... and sure, Navy, NC, Air force, and army are next, and thats not strong, but then ND finishes with USC. that schedule is by no means weak.

I concur...

Keith7
10-26-2006, 02:39 PM
I like how people love to hate Notre Dame, just like they love to hate the Yankees, Jeff Gordon, Michael Jordan, Duke, Philadelphia Eagles, etc.

I believe its because they are good year-in-year-out, and are plenty proud of it

GreenMachine
10-26-2006, 02:42 PM
That guy was an idiot. I like ND (don't really care for Weiss), but he is not saying anything that any other coach that wins and moves down says. Every coach speaks up for their team. Mack Brown, I beleive, has done some lobbying for his team in the past. :thinking:

Keith7
10-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Mack Brown, I beleive, has done some lobbying for his team in the past. :thinking:

Ya I remember when he cried to get into the rose bowl a couple of years ago.. Mack might cry more then any other coach (besides Dick Vermeil)

Adidas410s
10-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Mack Brown, I beleive, has done some lobbying for his team in the past. :thinking:

FORGET THE PAST, LOOK TO THE FUTURE!!! :mad:

Adidas410s
10-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Ya I remember when he cried to get into the rose bowl a couple of years ago.. Mack might cry more then any other coach (besides Dick Vermeil)

He didn't force the voters hands now did he??? These weren't 6-yr old kids voting...these were adults and if they chose to be swayed by the case that he presented then so be it. And easy on the whining...:weeping:

bulldogman06
Good Point, so last week was the past....

WTF-82
YOU Guys dont give me none of that ND schedule is week overall lets see Michigan,Usc,Penn St.,Purdue,Georgia Tech,Michigan ST.,
lets see NAVY,AIR Force and Army all bowl teams please.

I would say quite crying about ND being overated and you will see you see they have to beat Usc to remain in top 10 and if they do no more overrated talk.

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 02:47 PM
That guy was an idiot. I like ND (don't really care for Weiss), but he is not saying anything that any other coach that wins and moves down says. Every coach speaks up for their team. Mack Brown, I beleive, has done some lobbying for his team in the past. :thinking: Why does Texas always get brought into everything?

Adidas410s
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Good Point, so last week was the past....

I was referring to the comment about Mack regarding the 04/05 season.

Adidas410s
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Why does Texas always get brought into everything?

umm...I don't know...where do most of us reside again? :doh:

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 02:49 PM
It's so routine now it's not even funny

JasperDog94
10-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
YOU Guys dont give me none of that ND schedule is week overall lets see Michigan,Usc,Penn St.,Purdue,Georgia Tech,Michigan ST.,
lets see NAVY,AIR Force and Army all bowl teams please.

I would say quite crying about ND being overated and you will see you see they have to beat Usc to remain in top 10 and if they do no more overrated talk. USC is more overrated than ND.

Adidas410s
10-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
USC is more overrated than ND.

A&M is more overrated the USC...wait...my backspace key is stuck...:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 02:50 PM
The SC/ND game will decide who is more overrated

bulldogman06
10-26-2006, 02:51 PM
haha, USC has the longest home win streak and they are overrated??

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 02:52 PM
THIS YEAR!:mad:

bulldogman06
10-26-2006, 02:53 PM
they still havent lost

bulldogman06
10-26-2006, 02:53 PM
i dont think they are that good, but until they lose I wont call them overrated

GreenMachine
10-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Why does Texas always get brought into everything? Why did you have to post "pretty good article on ND"? Why was it a "good" article? Because it trashed ND?

NDFootball
10-26-2006, 02:56 PM
This guy is full of crap...

Just another ND hater. I wonder if people realize how stupid they sound when they try that hard to hate on a team. Keith7 is right...they are good year in and year out, but no one sits there and brags about them being an elite team like he implies. As far as weak schedule goes, if ND's is weak...then exactly who's schedule is strong? Just wondering. It's not hard too look like an elite team when you play teams like Rice, Baylor, etc. (Big XII) or Washington St. and Arizona, etc. (Pac-10)

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2006, 03:02 PM
The only good team they have played so far is Michigan.

And we all know what happened there! :D

Keith7
10-26-2006, 03:27 PM
The SC/ND game will decide who is more overrated

Both of those teams would kill any team in the Big 12

JasperDog94
10-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Both of those teams would kill any team in the Big 12 lol....sure they would...

Keith7
10-26-2006, 03:43 PM
What it all really comes down to is, Notre Dame has a huge fan base, primarilly because they have been on NBC every Saturday since college football has been on Television. Since Notre Dame has such a huge fan base other T.V. networks, and media outlets cover Notre Dame probably more then any other team. This creates jealousy amongst other team's fans, and thus you get a thread like this one..

And this jealousy theory supports my theory earlier too; here is how..

Jeff Gordon used to win alot of races, his fanbase grew, more media started covering him, media started covering other drivers less so thus all the other drivers' fans started hating Jeff Gordon

Duke Basketball puts a good team on the court every year, so it's fanbase grows every year, media covers Duke more than anyother college basketball team, Other teams get less and less coverage, fans get jealous, thus we have Duke haters..

New York Yankees, like Duke, always put together a great team and has done so since the 1920s, so they have a enormous fan base, they get all the baseball media attention, other teams get less, fans get jealous, thus Yankee haters..

This is they same way w/ notre dame, I could go on with a few other teams, but its the same ole song and dance.. theres no secret to it, people just have to get over the jealousy

JasperDog94
10-26-2006, 04:04 PM
It goes deeper than that Keith. It's not just jealousy. It's about fair play. No other university has a special clause regarding themselves in the rules for BCS bowls. It's about fairness for all universities. Not just a select few.

Keith7
10-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
It goes deeper than that Keith. It's not just jealousy. It's about fair play. No other university has a special clause regarding themselves in the rules for BCS bowls. It's about fairness for all universities. Not just a select few.

They have these clauses because they arn't part of a conference

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 04:11 PM
I bet Navy, Army or Temple do not have clauses for the BCS

Phil C
10-26-2006, 04:18 PM
You have to remember that Army has had top ranked teams. In fact they were national champions in 1944 and 1945 and should have got it in 1946. Navy has had some great teams. Remember the great Roger Stauback team of 1963 that was was ranked No. 2 losing only a close game to UT in the Cotton Bowl.

Also remember the two teams had perfect records in 1926 up to the last game of the year and they played to a 21 to 21 tie. If one of the teams had won they would probably have been National Champions.

Aw too bad they didn't have OT back then.

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 04:24 PM
But Phil those were prior to BCS

WTF-82
10-26-2006, 10:24 PM
What are yall talking about the clause works against ND the only great thing is if they end top 12 they are eligable for BCS.

Hek major confrences get automatic bids if they win the confrence.

NDFootball
10-26-2006, 10:30 PM
I think you should be more worried about Clemson being overrated after that beating they took tonight. I guess no one thinks WVU and Louisville are overrated either...with their powerhouse schedules and all. It will be interesting to see which team is the weakest of those two. Tennessee is not near as good as everyone makes them out to be either.

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 10:33 PM
WVU would dominate ND they have too much speed.

WTF-82
10-26-2006, 10:35 PM
And remember the reason Notre Dame gets treaty diffrently is
because they are College Football!!!!!

WE ARE ND !!!!!! WE ARE ND !!!!!! WE ARE ND !!!!!!

And dont argue with me about football or the college game you will get smoked bunch of pop warners. Little ND haters yall sound like cry babies.

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 10:37 PM
lol...is it us or is it you that is the crybaby?

Notre Dame is all history.

WTF-82
10-26-2006, 10:37 PM
come on bring it I am about to run through this screen.

BRING IT !!!!

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Simmer down young buck. I have nothing to say except that WVU would beat ND. So would tOSU and out on a limb Texas A&M could beat ND.

WTF-82
10-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Listen superman I dont cry that is your job Mortal. LOL!!!!

ha hah hahah ha hha!!!!

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Wow...someone get a screw driver and tighten this loose screw.

NDFootball
10-26-2006, 10:41 PM
WVU would dominate ND they have too much speed.

Yeah it's pretty easy to look like you have that kind of speed against this schedule

2 Sat., Sep 2 Marshall W 42-10
3 Sat., Sep 9 Eastern Washington W 52-3
4 Thur., Sep 14 Maryland W 45-24
5 Sat., Sep 23 @East Carolina W 27-10
7 Sat., Oct 7 @Mississippi State W 42-14
8 Sat., Oct 14 Syracuse W 41-17
9 Fri., Oct 20 @Connecticut W 37-11
Week Date Opponent Time (ET)
11 Thur., Nov 2 @Louisville 7:30 PM ET
12 Sat., Nov 11 Cincinnati 12:00 PM ET
13 Thur., Nov 16 @Pittsburgh 7:30 PM ET
14 Sat., Nov 25 South Florida 12:00 PM ET
15 Sat., Dec 2 Rutgers 12:00 PM ET

Mannnnn some of those might even be invited to the Meinke Car Care Bowl. Absolute college powerhouses right there.

Also last time I checked ND had only 1 loss. UT has one loss and they're in the Top 10. Are they overrated? Now that I think about it there are only 3 unbeaten teams left. Are all the other 1 loss teams overrated too?

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Texas is the best one loss team according to most experts :rolleyes:

This isn't about Texas is it?

Tweeder215
10-26-2006, 10:43 PM

I believe it must just be you. I guess when you said us you must have had a mouse in your pocket or something instead of talking "for" everyone who, I believe are perfectly capable of doing themselves. This thread was started by you to trash ND out of nowhere and the second someone gets on to defend ND you call THEM crybabies. Not only is that terribly sad, its flat out dumb. I'm not going to comment on whether or not ND is overrated because honestly nobody really knows thats why we play. But one thing that I can't stand is ignorance and your last comment was saturated in it....

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
I believe it must just be you. I guess when you said us you must have had a mouse in your pocket or something instead of talking "for" everyone who, I believe are perfectly capable of doing themselves. This thread was started by you to trash ND out of nowhere and the second someone gets on to defend ND you call THEM crybabies. Not only is that terribly sad, its flat out dumb. I'm not going to comment on whether or not ND is overrated because honestly nobody really knows thats why we play. But one thing that I can't stand is ignorance and your last comment was saturated in it.... I never did trash ND did I? The title of the thread is "Pretty Good Article about ND" I said "Read!" and provided the link. The other posters took it away. The guy who wrote the article is the one bashing ND. Think about your logic. The only thing I said bad about ND is taht WVU would dominate them.

NDFootball
10-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Most of those "experts" have never suited up 1 day in their lives.
If you think A&M could beat ND I want to know what you're smoking, because it must be some pretty heavy stuff. They can't even handle Texas Tech...how can you expect them to play a real team? Texas may be the best 1 loss team in the nation but they were almost the best 2 loss team in the nation, they escaped by the hairs of their chinny chin chin. Almosts may not count but IMO UT is every bit as overrated as ND.... but I've argued about this too many times with UT homers, it's not worth my energy. Look at what happens when UT plays real teams.... not Rice.

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 10:51 PM
I could go to last year and say ND almost beat USC but they didn't. Nebraska almost beat Texas but they didn't. Almost winning doesn't constitute winning. Nebraska is a lot better than UCLA who ALMOST beat ND.

NDFootball
10-26-2006, 10:54 PM
And what exactly do you base that on? Absolutely nothing? Or because UT plays Nebraska that automatically makes them more qualified than any of ND's opponents? UT wouldn't last if they weren't in such a soft conference. :thinking:

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
And what exactly do you base that on? Absolutely nothing? Or because UT plays Nebraska that automatically makes them more qualified than any of ND's opponents? UT wouldn't last if they weren't in such a soft conference. :thinking: ND isn't even in a conference. :rolleyes:

Nebraska 6-2
UCLA - 4-3

WTF-82
10-26-2006, 10:59 PM
You are sick Nebraska could not compete in the Pac 10 nor anyone but texas in the big 12 ou may come 4 in the pac 10.

Dude the Big 12 sucks.

Snap sorry about the nasty word.

NDFootball
10-26-2006, 11:00 PM
ND isn't even in a conference. :rolleyes:

Nebraska 6-2
UCLA - 4-3

Pac-10 vs. Big XII

Pac-10 is alot tougher. ND doesn't need a conference, that'd give them too easy of a schedule. I'd hate for the ND haters to cry more than they already are.

Old Tiger
10-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Pac 10
Cal
USC
Oregon(on a good day)

Big 12
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas A&M

I'm off to work so we will finish tomorrow sometime.

NDFootball
10-26-2006, 11:03 PM
K sounds good. I gotta game tomorrow though.

WTF-82
10-26-2006, 11:03 PM
have you seen nebraska schedule should of lost to kansas and got smoked by yalls so called overrated USC team the rest were
to div 3 schools they have on the schedule like texas.

OH OH this was not about texas was it sorry how could I.

NDFootball
10-26-2006, 11:05 PM
:clap: LOL

bulldogman06
10-26-2006, 11:09 PM

I would like to see a UT ND game, no trash talkin here, but I would really like to see how it turned out. that would settle a lot. they may end up playing in a bowl game....

NDFootball
10-26-2006, 11:12 PM
I really hope so....it'd shut alot of people up.

WTF-82
10-26-2006, 11:13 PM
No the way it looks right now ND would play in a bcs game against acc and Texas against Mid major high if accepted wich probably will be Boise St.

Ths is assuming that Ohio ST. beats Michigan and West Virginia sneaks in undefeated in the 2 slot for the title game.

But we shall see.

bulldogman06
10-26-2006, 11:15 PM
Im hopin Michigan beats Ohio State and WVu loses somehow.

NDFootball
10-27-2006, 07:31 AM
I'm thinkin Michigan has a shot to beat OSU. All of the UT fans say otherwise just because OSU beat them. Should be a good game though.

bulldogman06
10-27-2006, 07:33 AM
I agree the game should be close

Old Tiger
10-27-2006, 07:37 AM
It's fun debating with you NDFootball but the other guy makes himself look stupid by his comments. ND/Texas is a very likely scenario pending if ND wins out and same for Texas.

I think Michigan has a chance to upset Ohio State if you want to call it an upset. It all depends on the WR play of Manningham though. But I am going to stick by my pick on a previous thread.

In the BCS title game. West Virginia vs. Ohio State. This game will be full of SPEED. Both teams are very fast and athletic.

ND should beat USC also. So I agree with some of you ND folks on that.

NDFootball
10-27-2006, 01:57 PM
It's fun debating with you NDFootball but the other guy makes himself look stupid by his comments. ND/Texas is a very likely scenario pending if ND wins out and same for Texas.

I think Michigan has a chance to upset Ohio State if you want to call it an upset. It all depends on the WR play of Manningham though. But I am going to stick by my pick on a previous thread.

In the BCS title game. West Virginia vs. Ohio State. This game will be full of SPEED. Both teams are very fast and athletic.

See now that wasn't so hard was it? :D

UT should have no problem winning out pending a freak accident from the Aggies. That's not very likely though. If Nebraska and UT play again in the Big XII Championship UT will roll over Nebraska...they won't have their home crowd that time. I'd like to see Mizzou play Texas but I don't really think Mizzou is as good as people think they are either. Daniels will be a great QB but I don't think they're on the same level as Texas, or even OU yet.

Of course I still hope UT loses every game by 9827392873 points :p

It should be interesting to see where these teams end up at the end of the season.

bulldogman06
10-27-2006, 02:32 PM

That other guy cant be me.... or is it and I missed something?

Old Tiger
10-27-2006, 02:38 PM

VolcoM187
10-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
I'm thinkin Michigan has a shot to beat OSU. All of the UT fans say otherwise just because OSU beat them. Should be a good game though.

Well I think that the game would favor Texas if they did meet again... I mean Colt has gained a little bit more experience and Texas may have all of their cornerbacks one of which shut Ted Ginn down last year... Hopefully they can meet again

Old Tiger
10-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Actually Michael Huff was assigned Ted Ginn

GreenMachine
10-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by VolcoM187
Well I think that the game would favor Texas if they did meet again... I mean Colt has gained a little bit more experience and Texas may have all of their cornerbacks one of which shut Ted Ginn down last year... Hopefully they can meet again I thought they contained Ginn and Gonzales was the problem?

WTF-82
10-27-2006, 03:05 PM
I hope someday I am not stupid or make myself look stupid mr tiger wr.

you wrote: It's fun debating with you NDFootball but the other guy makes himself look stupid by his comments.

But I hope you do understand that Texas could play Boise St. in a
BCS bowl if they get in one that is Boise St. We shall see what happens.