PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Scenarios impacted by GWood/Snyder Game

DukeNukem
10-26-2006, 12:41 PM
I know both teams want to win this game but noticed losing may not be all that bad based on the Division 2 Region 1 playoff brackett.

Winner will be on the side of the Region 1 brackett with several heavyweights.

The winner's first round should be cake, but then they will get Monahans. If they can defeat Monahans they will most likely get Sweetwater in the third round before they will probalby face the loser of the Greenwood/Snyder game again.

The loser of the game will get Seminole first which is average at best. Followed by Clint. Tough one there (heavy sarcasm). After that they will probably get Breckenridge, Iowa Park, or Argyle which are decent but still considered to be dark horses. Not quiet the guantlet the winner is going to have to survive to make a rematch.

Seems like your being punished for winning the district.

The main reasons for these scenarios is that Andrews and Fort Stockton will be in Division I and neither are good. But because of the draw, one will have a chance to play Wylie or Decatur for the D1 region 1 championship.

I guess the main 2 that are getting shafted are Wylie and Decatur. Arguably the 2 best teams in region 1 will have to play each other in the first round thus eliminating a team that deserves to play longer than say Fort Stockton or Andrews.

Ranger Mom
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM
HaHa!! I made that very comment in the chat the other night.

I wanna win for "bragging rights"...but the road down the playoffs looks a lot easier going seed #2!

Which....I think is one reason I can joke around so much this week..I won't be TOO upset either way!!:D

mustang68
10-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
[.

Th
I guess the main 2 that are getting shafted are Wylie and Decatur. Arguably the 2 best teams in region 1 will have to play each other in the first round thus eliminating a team that deserves to play longer than say Fort Stockton or Andrews. [/B]

Arguable is right.:mad:

Adidas410s
10-26-2006, 01:48 PM
this scenario occurs often...in 2001 you had #1 Everman and #2 Forney play in the 2nd round of the playoffs. It is what it is...

Black_Magic
10-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Think about this. IF Lamesa Upsets Andrews( I know I really dont think so but it easily could happen) Snyder would go Division I and then get Leveland first round, Clint posibly second round. with a wylie or decator in december for 3rd round... You never know what will turn out. but that may be what happens. It would be wild if it did.

Adidas410s
10-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Think about this. IF Lamesa Upsets Andrews( I know I really dont think so but it easily could happen) Snyder would go Division I and then get Leveland first round, Clint posibly second round. with a wylie or decator in december for 3rd round... You never know what will turn out. but that may be what happens. It would be wild if it did. .

If Lamesa beats Andrews then the Mustangs should be demoted to 2A! ;)

Ranger Mom
10-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Think about this. IF Lamesa Upsets Andrews( I know I really dont think so but it easily could happen) Snyder would go Division I and then get Leveland first round, Clint posibly second round. with a wylie or decator in december for 3rd round... You never know what will turn out. but that may be what happens. It would be wild if it did.

I had never even thought of that scenario.....I feel bad asking this...but what is Lamesa's record??

Black_Magic
10-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I had never even thought of that scenario.....I feel bad asking this...but what is Lamesa's record?? I believe Leveland beat andrews and lost to Lamesa.. Dont quote me on that. I just think it could happen. Dont think it will but its out there.

Ranger Mom
10-26-2006, 02:02 PM
I believe Leveland beat andrews and lost to Lamesa.. Dont quote me on that. I just think it could happen. Dont think it will but its out there.

I have seen stranger things happen....this game could very well be a barnburner.

I hate to sound like Greenwood and Snyder have First and Second all wrapped up.....but those two teams (Lamesa & Andrews) will more than likely be fighting it out for that 3rd spot.....no telling what could happen in that game!

Thank goodness STR is getting updated on that game...I will have to hit him up for scores!

Black_Magic
10-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Greewood has a good score board
http://www.glenwoodhighschool.co.za/images/photos/Old_Boys4.jpg Snyder has a new one this year thats not to shabby either.
[IMG]http://www.snyder.esc14.net/administration/collins/0607/Football/Canyon06/2nd%20Half/d6.jpg

Ranger Mom
10-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Greewood has a good score board
http://www.glenwoodhighschool.co.za/images/photos/Old_Boys4.jpg Snyder has a new one this year thats not to shabby either.
[IMG]http://www.snyder.esc14.net/administration/collins/0607/Football/Canyon06/2nd%20Half/d6.jpg

I just helped you out with your scoreboard (it wasn't linked correctly)...I want you to remember that!!

Greenwood is actually getting a new scoreboard too.....in the booster club minutes I got yesterday, they said it would n't be here by district play though!! :(

Snyder_TigerFan
10-26-2006, 02:49 PM
I had never even thought of that scenario.....I feel bad asking this...but what is Lamesa's record??

Lamesa and Andrews are both 2-5. Lamesa has only score 49 points all season :( .

Lamesa:
DENVER CITY L 0-24
AT KERMIT W 16-13 ot
AT BROWNFIELD L 0-14
AT LEVELLAND W 19-14
LUBBOCK ROOSEVELT L 7-13
AT SEMINOLE L 0-49
AT LUBBOCK COOPER L 7-33

Andrews:
MIDLAND CHRISTIAN L 23-45
AT PECOS W 35-10
AT FORT STOCKTON L 7-14
AT MONAHANS L 25-49
SEMINOLE L 23-27
BIG SPRING L 7-35
LUBBOCK ESTACADO W 27-17

Adidas410s
10-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Snyder, Texas...home of the tiger with 4 eyes! ;)

Stownhorse
10-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Snyder, Texas...home of the tiger with 4 eyes! ;)

haha I didnt notice that but now that I doi it looks kinda stupid lol

Snydertigersrul
10-26-2006, 03:46 PM

Lamesa is 2-5 with a 19-13 overtime win over Kermit and 19-14 victory over Levelland

westtexasfbfan
10-26-2006, 11:58 PM

2-5