PDA

View Full Version : **********.com playoff predictions

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 09:30 AM
3A DIVISION II (http://www.**********.com/football/brackets/3adiv2.htm)

3A Division I (http://www.**********.com/football/brackets/3adiv1.htm)

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 09:35 AM
wow, Van winning Region 2 in Division 2. They are fighting for their playoff lives right now!

cats2151
10-26-2006, 09:37 AM
nice

Boosty_Hondo
10-26-2006, 09:39 AM
lol lavernia over hondo??? i think not

piratebg
10-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Wow. They have Mathis at 3rd place in District 30. Well, I guess we will know Friday how accurate that prediction is.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Good stuff. Although, I'm thinking it'll be Snyder vs. sweetwater and Greenwood vs. (Argyle/Iowa Park) in the Region I Division2 semifinals.:)

Ray_BearKat
10-26-2006, 10:22 AM
wow, zapata making the regional finals...sounds like a stretch.

mustang68
10-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Good stuff. Although, I'm thinking it'll be Snyder vs. sweetwater and Greenwood vs. (Argyle/Iowa Park) in the Region I Division2 semifinals.:)
This would bring back the old 3adownlow i know and love:rolleyes:

DU_stud04
10-26-2006, 02:04 PM
battle of the mustangs for d2

big daddy russ
10-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
I think they were going on records and who beat who.

How would you rate the teams in this D1 bracket? I think mine would go something like this:

1. Hondo
2. Ingleside
3. LaVernia
4. Bandera
5. LaFeria
6. Gonzales
7. Pleasanton
8. Zapata

Ingleside beat Zapata, 53-14 a few weeks back. I didn't get to see them play and I don't know if Zapata had anyone out, but IMHO they'd be ranked in the bottom two if I had to throw out some rankings right now. Not saying they can't make a run, just saying that I don't see it happening.

I think the two darkhorses in the district are Bandera and Gonzales. Gonzales looks like they're peaking at the right time, and Bandera just may be the best two-win team in the state. Bandera's losses were:

-by one point to LaVernia (#3 in my rankings)
-by six to Hondo (#1 in my rankings)
-the game against Cuero was a 20+ point loss, but Cuero's the #1 or #2 team in the state, depending on which rankings you're looking at
-by four against 8-0 Devine
-and by three to Luling, one of the favorites in 26-3A

That's a total of 41 points against five playoff teams, for an average of about 8 points per loss. Take out the Cuero game, that margin of defeat goes down to 4.5 points per game.

They played a tough schedule. Five losses came against five (likely) playoff teams, and three that are still undefeated. Their two wins were blowouts against Marion and Poteet. Bandera looks tough.

99IHSMustang
10-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo

It also shows Zapats beating Ingleside.... but we already beat them pretty bad the first time (53-14) so I don't think if we played again they could beat us the second time.

pirate4state
10-26-2006, 04:01 PM
It is obvious they were just guessing with Region IV!! Or not. Stranger things have happened. :rolleyes:

gobbler grad
10-26-2006, 04:02 PM
WOW, West Orange-Stark winning it all...:thinking: kinda hard to believe...oh well, stranger things have happened...

you said it first, pirate...hehehehehehe...:D

Stownhorse
10-26-2006, 04:08 PM

Lets hope:evilgrin:

setxsports
10-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
WOW, West Orange-Stark winning it all...:thinking: kinda hard to believe...oh well, stranger things have happened...

you said it first, pirate...hehehehehehe...:D That shouldn't be hard to believe!!

cozbyrt
10-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
wow, Van winning Region 2 in Division 2. They are fighting for their playoff lives right now!

They were picked to win their district. They might win 2 more games the way they are playing. It is fun to think about them playing that deep into the playoffs though.

bccards
10-26-2006, 05:59 PM
lol of course they think that WOS will win the state championship this year, why the heck not? WOS was supposed to win state every single year since dropping down to 3A :doh: :rolleyes:

Paratrooper
10-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by bccards
lol of course they think that WOS will win the state championship this year, why the heck not? WOS was supposed to win state every single year since dropping down to 3A :doh: :rolleyes:

Have you ever seen that site. It is run by WOS....lol

sweetwater07
10-26-2006, 06:44 PM

i also thought it very ironic that WOS is picked to win state..i could swore they were picked last year too...2 rounds and out they go.....
doesn't seem like much of a road for Sweetwater other than Greenwood and i hear Argyle isn't half bad..

Tiger90
10-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper

It is ran by jdawg from Jasper.

setxsports
10-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Have you ever seen that site. It is run by WOS....lol It's not run by WOS!

Crimestick
10-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Actually, WO-S went four rounds last year and lost to the team that won the title the very next week. Where are you getting your info?

Boosty_Hondo
10-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I think they were going on records and who beat who.

How would you rate the teams in this D1 bracket? I think mine would go something like this:

1. Hondo
2. Ingleside
3. LaVernia
4. Bandera
5. LaFeria
6. Gonzales
7. Pleasanton
8. Zapata

Ingleside beat Zapata, 53-14 a few weeks back. I didn't get to see them play and I don't know if Zapata had anyone out, but IMHO they'd be ranked in the bottom two if I had to throw out some rankings right now. Not saying they can't make a run, just saying that I don't see it happening.

I think the two darkhorses in the district are Bandera and Gonzales. Gonzales looks like they're peaking at the right time, and Bandera just may be the best two-win team in the state. Bandera's losses were:

-by one point to LaVernia (#3 in my rankings)
-by six to Hondo (#1 in my rankings)
-the game against Cuero was a 20+ point loss, but Cuero's the #1 or #2 team in the state, depending on which rankings you're looking at
-by four against 8-0 Devine
-and by three to Luling, one of the favorites in 26-3A

That's a total of 41 points against five playoff teams, for an average of about 8 points per loss. Take out the Cuero game, that margin of defeat goes down to 4.5 points per game.

They played a tough schedule. Five losses came against five (likely) playoff teams, and three that are still undefeated. Their two wins were blowouts against Marion and Poteet. Bandera looks tough.

ya that loks pretty good cause bandera is a really good team they are one of the onyl teams that has given hondo a run for there money this year so ya they are def a darkhorse

dogdad
10-26-2006, 07:48 PM
they have Kennedale in D2 and West in D1 from that district
I don't think that is correct, is it?
I believe Kennedale is the largest in the dist., so they can't go D2

wimbo_pro
10-26-2006, 08:09 PM
No big surprise ********** would choose a team from se texas. However...they just might have a point. WOS is certainly worthy of any one's prediction to win it all...just as much as any of the top 5-to-7 teams who are real contenders. Of course, I definitely think we will be able to get by Cuero...but thats for another thread, many weeks from now!

Bull19
10-26-2006, 08:48 PM
SILSBEE OVER BELLVILLE? I DONT THINK SO, MAYBE IN BASKETBALL, BUT IF WE ARE TALKING FOOTBALL, NO CHANCE, BELLVILLE IS WAY TO TALENTED

sweetwater07
10-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
SILSBEE OVER BELLVILLE? I DONT THINK SO, MAYBE IN BASKETBALL, BUT IF WE ARE TALKING FOOTBALL, NO CHANCE, BELLVILLE IS WAY TO TALENTED

their record obviously points this out:rolleyes:

rb585
10-26-2006, 08:57 PM
These idiots obviously haven't received the word that Cuero has no chance of losing a game until the title game.

GreenMachine
10-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
No big surprise ********** would choose a team from se texas. However...they just might have a point. WOS is certainly worthy of any one's prediction to win it all...just as much as any of the top 5-to-7 teams who are real contenders. Of course, I definitely think we will be able to get by Cuero...but thats for another thread, many weeks from now! Wimberley getting a little cocky :rolleyes:

sweetwater07
10-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Wimberley getting a little cocky :rolleyes:

Wimberly getting cocky??..nooo:rolleyes:

setxsports
10-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
SILSBEE OVER BELLVILLE? I DONT THINK SO, MAYBE IN BASKETBALL, BUT IF WE ARE TALKING FOOTBALL, NO CHANCE, BELLVILLE IS WAY TO TALENTED I disagree. If Silsbee plays like they did this past week they'll beat alot of 3A teams.

wimbo_pro
10-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Oh come on guys...OF COURSE I think we can beat Cuero...what else would you think!!! I'm from Wimberley!!!! Sheesh, if THATS cocky, then EVERYONE on this board is cocky when they think they can beat another team!! Does Cuero think they can beat WOS??? COCKY !!!!!

griff
10-26-2006, 09:33 PM

Here we go again...

First of all, this is WO-S's THIRD year in 3A. We were ranked #1 the first year. We did not deserve the ranking that year. Losing to Huffman was embarrassing, but we were not a top caliber team that year. WO-S fans for the most part don’t deny that.

Last year, we were a much better team and made a good showing by making it all the way to the state semis before losing to state champion Wimberley. So there you have it. That's it!!! There is your complete history of WO-S in 3A. Not a lot to write about because two years does not fill many pages of a history book. So, please get past this “every single year” junk like it’s a lifetime.

No it isn't. It's owned by someone from JASPER, and he is no fan of WO-S. That site has a lot of participation from many schools in SE TX, from 1A to 5A.

Originally posted by sweetwater07
i also thought it very ironic that WOS is picked to win state..i could swore they were picked last year too...2 rounds and out they go.....

Interesting how false information gets thrown around here so casually. We made it to the 4th round last year.

If Gilmer or Cuero don’t win state this year, I can just hear the 12 months of “overrated”. I will NOT be one of them. The same thing happened to Jasper the year they dropped to 3A. The team on top of the polls frequently doesn’t win it all. It’s nice to be ranked #3 or lower. :D

griff
10-26-2006, 09:54 PM
About the pole...it's one person's opinion. I'm sure this person has only seen teams play from Region 3. He doesn't know how good teams are from Regions 1, 2, and 4, nor does he have enough insight about how the playoff matchups will pan out other than what he's read in news reports, stats, etc. The playoff games are all about matchups, and until you SEE what these teams can do, you really don't know what will happen. I bet hardly anyone outside of Wimberley thought they would win it all last year.

wimbo_pro
10-26-2006, 10:08 PM
True Griff...and no one outside of Wimberley thinks we can do it again this year either!!!

Mean Green Fan
10-26-2006, 10:55 PM
I think Cuero can beat Wimberley so I guess that makes me COCKY too.:D

westtexasfbfan
10-26-2006, 11:44 PM

Your thinking wrong, but the road to the state game will go through Sweetwater.

GreenMachine
10-27-2006, 05:40 AM
Oh come on guys...OF COURSE I think we can beat Cuero...what else would you think!!! I'm from Wimberley!!!! Sheesh, if THATS cocky, then EVERYONE on this board is cocky when they think they can beat another team!! Does Cuero think they can beat WOS??? COCKY !!!!! It was all in the wording. Nothing is ever "definite". ;)

wimbo_pro
10-27-2006, 09:29 AM
GreenMachine,

No...read the post again...i said "I definitely THINK..." we can get by Cuero. And there is NO DOUBT that is what I really think...I really believe in my team. I know its just semantics, but if it comes across as "cocky", I thought I owed you an explanation.

But WILL we definitely get by Cuero?? I would NEVER make that comment. Anyone who would say that wouldnt be cocky...they'd be stupid.

pirate4state
10-27-2006, 09:42 AM
GreenMachine,

No...read the post again...i said "I definitely THINK..." we can get by Cuero. And there is NO DOUBT that is what I really think...I really believe in my team. I know its just semantics, but if it comes across as "cocky", I thought I owed you an explanation.

But WILL we definitely get by Cuero?? I would NEVER make that comment. Anyone who would say that wouldnt be cocky...they'd be stupid. Hi stupid!! :p :p :evillol: A certain chat session is coming to mind!! :D This board is full of cocky & stupid people!! :cool: :kiss:

wimbo_pro
10-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Oh now Pirate...I remember that chat session too...you even said "so...you're afraid of big, bad Cuero..?" because I was hoping they would go D1!!! Yes, I am confident we CAN do it...but did I say definitely?? I think you be crazy, woman!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2006, 10:02 AM
I think you be crazy, woman!!!
No, just *evil*. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

wimbo_pro
10-27-2006, 10:03 AM
You had to remind me.....

pirate4state
10-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Oh now Pirate...I remember that chat session too...you even said "so...you're afraid of big, bad Cuero..?" because I was hoping they would go D1!!! Yes, I am confident we CAN do it...but did I say definitely?? I think you be crazy, woman!!! I think you did, but we won't know for sure since you edited your post!! :devil:

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Wow!

Sweetwater playing for the state championship and Wylie not
making it out of the first round.......

Looks good to me. :D

pirate4state
10-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think you did, but we won't know for sure since you edited your post!! :devil: All I'll tell you is "that's what you get for definitely THINKING!!" :D :D

wimbo_pro
10-27-2006, 10:17 AM
lolololol...i will be careful from here on out to NOT definitely think.

IHStangFan
10-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
It also shows Zapats beating Ingleside.... but we already beat them pretty bad the first time (53-14) so I don't think if we played again they could beat us the second time. I thought that was pretty funny as well.

Gobbla2001
10-27-2006, 11:10 AM
There are rungs in the 3A football ladder this year, and there are a select few teams that people thing are on that top rung...

WO-S is one of those teams and it is not hard for me to believe that they can win state... you can argue that for any of the teams on that top rung... WO-S happens to the the pick in this site's predictions...

who cares what they were predicted to do the last couple of years, they've played very good ball-clubs in their playoff losses...

they're not overrated....

GreenMachine
10-27-2006, 11:45 AM
GreenMachine,

But WILL we definitely get by Cuero?? I would NEVER make that comment. Anyone who would say that wouldnt be cocky...they'd be stupid. As my kids would say, "my bad". Sorry. :)

GUNHO
10-27-2006, 11:51 AM
A lot of good teams to go through and if one catches on fire look out.The team that is left standing will have erned it that's for sure.