PDA

View Full Version : `Wedgie' Gets Principal 6-Day Suspension

kepdawg
10-25-2006, 09:12 PM
`Wedgie' Gets Principal 6-Day Suspension
Advertisement

By Associated Press

October 25, 2006, 2:14 PM CDT

LIVINGSTON, Mont. -- A high school principal received a six-day suspension and a letter of reprimand for giving one of his students a wedgie.

Eric Messerli pulled a Park High School senior's soccer jersey over his head and yanked upward on the waistband of the boy's underwear at a soccer game Oct. 5. Other school officials said he was joking around with the student and did it playfully.

He was suspended for two days without pay and four days with pay before the school board decided Monday to let him return. He tearfully told the board: "I've made mistakes in my life, but none have had the impact that this one has had."

Messerli, who was back on the job Tuesday, will be required to talk with students and staff members about the incident to restore respect and authority.

He said his first reaction was to resign, but he decided to "tackle this mess" head on.

"I want to live in a world where we don't have to hide when we screw up," he said.

Copyright © 2006, The Associated Press

sweetwater07
10-25-2006, 09:18 PM
why is the student crying...it was a joke....talk about taking things out of hand

DU_stud04
10-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
why is the student crying...it was a joke....talk about taking things out of hand

no where did it say anything where the student told....who knows if the superintendant was there and took action???:thinking:

sweetwater07
10-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
no where did it say anything where the student told....who knows if the superintendant was there and took action???:thinking:

True.
either way..seems fairly harsh for something as innocent as a fourth grade "wedgie"

coach
10-25-2006, 09:25 PM
i had a teacher once give another student a wedgie and it was so hard they ripped all the way threw and the student fell on the ground and the teacher kept pulling and it pulled his boxers right off of him it was the funniest damn thing i ever saw

DU_stud04
10-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by coach
i had a teacher once give another student a wedgie and it was so hard they ripped all the way threw and the student fell on the ground and the teacher kept pulling and it pulled his boxers right off of him it was the funniest damn thing i ever saw hahaha, wow...thats hilarious:D

shankbear
10-25-2006, 09:29 PM
If the kid's "boys" ended up in his throat I could see this punishment fitting the crime. It isn't just an assault on the crack you know.

Ranger Mom
10-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

The article said it was at a soccer game....it could have been in front of countless other people!

sweetwater07
10-25-2006, 09:34 PM
i had a teacher once give another student a wedgie and it was so hard they ripped all the way threw and the student fell on the ground and the teacher kept pulling and it pulled his boxers right off of him it was the funniest damn thing i ever saw

:D :D :D ...thats funny

wildstangs
10-25-2006, 09:58 PM
It was an ataomic Wedgie - George Costanza.

eagles_victory
10-25-2006, 10:40 PM
i had a teacher once give another student a wedgie and it was so hard they ripped all the way threw and the student fell on the ground and the teacher kept pulling and it pulled his boxers right off of him it was the funniest damn thing i ever saw i can confirm that this is a true story i didnt see it but everyone was talking about it

NDFootball
10-25-2006, 10:40 PM
LOL

Idk what's worse the principal doing something like that or the media wasting their time reporting this :p

mwynn05
10-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i can confirm that this is a true story i didnt see it but everyone was talking about it tell me who it was i dont remember it but im sure i heard about it

coach
10-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
tell me who it was i dont remember it but im sure i heard about it

mr neyland got mad at james sakawits or however u spell his name and and grabed james when he was runnin from him and then accidently grabbed his boxers then decided he deserved a wedgie and wouldnt let go lol

mwynn05
10-25-2006, 11:04 PM
mr neyland got mad at james sakawits or however u spell his name and and grabed james when he was runnin from him and then accidently grabbed his boxers then decided he deserved a wedgie and wouldnt let go lol oh i heard about that i should have suspected neyland haha...that guy was awesome