PDA

View Full Version : Last years State Champs( BELLVILLE BRAHMANETTES) District Champs again.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Bellville will try to defend the State Volleyball Championship of last year, going into the play-offs with a 10-0 Dictrict record, Bellville is rated in the top 5. Bellville holds the record for 3a with the most State Championships. Bellville has also been the District Champs since 1982, sharing the title only a few times.
Way to go Bellville, let make another trip to San Marcos!!!

Bull19
10-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville will try to defend the State Championship of last year, going into the play-offs with a 10-0 Dictrict record, Bellville is rated in the top 5. Bellville holds the record for 3a with the most State Championships, 13. Bellville has also been the District Champs since 1982, sharing the title only a few times.

PRETTY IMPRESSIVE AINT IT!!!

halfnhalf
10-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Those girls dominate every single year.

Cameron Crazy
10-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by halfnhalf
Those girls dominate every single year. Is this volleyball?

mwynn05
10-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Is this volleyball? no softball

Bull's-eye
10-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Bellville has also been the District Champs since 1982, sharing the title only a few times.

Should just give them a bye until the playoffs. :D

AggieJohn
10-25-2006, 11:46 PM
bellville always matched liberty when i was in high school...those dang women toasted our toasties

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
bellville always matched liberty when i was in high school...those dang women toasted our toasties

I think bellville will face liberty?

wimbo_pro
11-01-2006, 10:51 AM
How many State Titles does Bellville have?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-01-2006, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wimbo_pro
How many State Titles does Bellville have? [/QUOTE

9 the most in 3a.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
How many State Titles does Bellville have?

9 the most in 3a.

pirate4state
11-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
How many State Titles does Bellville have? Is this a serious question or do you just want someone to ask how many ya'll have??? :devil: :p :p :D

pirate4state
11-01-2006, 11:03 AM
9 the most in 3a. That's pretty cool!! :clap:

pirate4state
11-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Archives (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/archives/volleyball/tournament_records.html)

They don't seem to be totally up to date, but still a good source of information. :)

wimbo_pro
11-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Gee, Pirate...your "evil" is turning into "nasty".

BTEXDAD
11-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Archives (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/archives/volleyball/tournament_records.html)

They don't seem to be totally up to date, but still a good source of information. :)

Thanks, pirate. Bellville won their 9th title in 2005. Monahans is 3A and has 9 total titles but a number of them were in class 4A.
I think Windthorst may actually be leading everyone now in total titles. They've won state every year in the 2000's except one in class 1A. It looks like website you have may only go through 2000.

This year Bellville to play Liberty. Game at Cypress Woods Thursday November 2nd. 7:00 p.m.
Liberty had beaten Bridge City in 1st round.
Region 3 tough as always. Number 1 ranked China springs, Number 4 ranked Hutto and Number 5 ranked Bellville all in region 3. They would not face each other until regional tournament and I expect all to make it.
Also, congrats to district 23-3A La Grange girls for 1st round win over Sweeney.

Reds fan
11-01-2006, 01:30 PM
I think bellville will face liberty?

Bellville vs Liberty Area Match @ Cy Woods High School
Nov 2 at 7pm

Antec
11-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Susan is one of the best coaches around

She graduated from East Bernard and didnt even play high school volleyball

She played tennis but got good schooling from Norma Pullin who had 13 state titles at EB

Bull19
11-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Antec

She played tennis but got good schooling from Norma Pullin who had 13 state titles at EB

I DIDNT KNOW SHE DIDNT PLAYV-BALL. THATS PROOF THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO BE AN ATHLETE IN THAT SPORT TO COACH AND BE SUCCESFUL

loboes86
11-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Ima thinkin Monahans Lady Loboes are gonna make another run at state this year. Best of luck to all the teams still in the run.

tortilla_man
11-02-2006, 12:42 AM
bellville had and assistant coach also from east benard who coached under brewer, went back to east benard to coach vball, also won state, this was in last 10 years.

BTEXDAD
11-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Antec

If I understand correctly, Coach Brewer played Tennis and basketball at East Bernard. I don't think they even had volleyball there when she went. She went to Mary Hardin Baylor (UMHB) and also played there. A team mate of hers at east bernard is now the head volleyball coach at Brenham. (Yeager)
Her former rival v-ball coach from Columbus, Kecia Davis (also a graduate of Mary Hardin), is now the head volleyball coach at UMHB.
(This is just trivia in case you need to win some bar bets)

Coach Brewer works girls hard and demands full commitment to the sport.
She's lost some good athletes through the years that were more committed or perceived to be more committed to other extracurricular activities, because that doesn't fly well in Bellville during v-ball season.
However, she does great job of preparing girls for playoffs. Probably puts together one of the toughest predistrict schedules of any 3A school. Been to state tournament 13 times and won whole thing 9 times, lost three in finals and only one in semifinals. This proves that she knows how to get girls ready to play the big games.

KL3
11-02-2006, 10:30 AM
BTEXDAD, if Brewer and Yeager go way back, why do their two teams never play? Does Brenham not want a loss from their close 3A neighbor?

BTEXDAD
11-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by KL3
BTEXDAD, if Brewer and Yeager go way back, why do their two teams never play? Does Brenham not want a loss from their close 3A neighbor?

Not sure about that, kl3. I assume they still get along.
Bellville played brenham in Brenham in 2002, Bellville won freshmen, jv and varsity matches.
They played again in bellville in 2003. Bellville won freshman and jv games. Brenham won varsity.
apparently that was just a two year home and home scheduling agreement. They haven't played since then.
They weren't able to play in warmup games in 2004 and 2005 because Brenham was second in their district while Bellville 1st. So Brenham started their playoffs earlier.
A warm up game would have worked out this year since both won their districts, but who knows.

BTEXDAD
11-02-2006, 10:48 AM
a little more for KL3. Gonna drift into softball on v-ball post.
I know the Brenham softball coach has basically told bellville softball coaches he has no interest in playing them. For whatever reasons he might have. Maybe v-ball is same way.

Tres Lobos
11-02-2006, 11:48 AM
monahans is still out there waitin for revenge from last years state championship loss, hope to see both teams there again

pirate4state
11-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
If I understand correctly, Coach Brewer played Tennis and basketball at East Bernard. I don't think they even had volleyball there when she went. She went to Mary Hardin Baylor (UMHB) and also played there. A team mate of hers at east bernard is now the head volleyball coach at Brenham. (Yeager)
Her former rival v-ball coach from Columbus, Kecia Davis (also a graduate of Mary Hardin), is now the head volleyball coach at UMHB.
(This is just trivia in case you need to win some bar bets)

Coach Brewer works girls hard and demands full commitment to the sport.
She's lost some good athletes through the years that were more committed or perceived to be more committed to other extracurricular activities, because that doesn't fly well in Bellville during v-ball season.
However, she does great job of preparing girls for playoffs. Probably puts together one of the toughest predistrict schedules of any 3A school. Been to state tournament 13 times and won whole thing 9 times, lost three in finals and only one in semifinals. This proves that she knows how to get girls ready to play the big games.

Good info. I am curious about this statement "...demands full commitment to the sport. She's lost some good athletes through the years that were more committed or perceived to be more committed to other extracurricular activities, because that doesn't fly well in Bellville during v-ball season."

What other commitments??? Band, cheerleading? Are you saying she cuts girls if they have other commitments?? I'm curious. I wouldn't think that would sit well with some parents. :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, I think this is a good thing she is doing, just wondering how she does it! :D ;) Or gets away with it.

Bull's-eye
11-02-2006, 01:57 PM
They did have a couple of cheerleaders that played on last year's state team. I'm sure VB is their first priority, but they do participate in other activities. Basketball and softball are probably not allowed until VB season is over and I'm sure playing in the summer on select type VB teams is preferred.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Bellville over Liberty in 3, in the 2nd round tonight.