PDA

View Full Version : A Short Prayer 9/11

WillsPointgradTJC
09-11-2002, 07:53 AM
Lord,
Be with the people that will have one of the hardest days they have had in a while. They will have to revisit the time when they lost there loved ones. Give them the power to rise up and continue life in all ways that they can. Be with the American people and Show the people that might try this again what they are doing to their fellow man. Help us all through this time and GOD BLESS AMERICA! Amen

2 Chronicles 20:15

Bulldog92
09-11-2002, 08:14 AM
Amen. It's gonna be tough to think about anything else today, that's for sure.

eye of the tiger
09-11-2002, 08:22 AM
I will light a candle in memory of the victims and heros on this Patriots Day.

LeopardPride
09-11-2002, 08:40 AM
This should be everyones prayer today.
Thank you for this prayer WillsPointgrdTJC

Atl_Rabb_Fan
09-11-2002, 08:53 AM
Yes great post and prayer. May the Lord be with them.

Ranger Mom
09-11-2002, 08:57 AM
Amen!!

snotbubble
09-11-2002, 10:03 AM
Amen.

And might I add...

Our father, thank you for those that sacrificed all for others' freedom, thank you for those who protect us today, thank you for those who lead our country, and thank you for this country You allow us to live in. May we never forget, yet may we also unite in liberty and strength to overcome this evil with your help, Lord. Grant us wisdom, strength, perseverance, and victory. In your Son's name we pray. Amen

NewMan88
09-11-2002, 10:32 AM
I would hope that all of us remember that their are things going on in life that are more important than football. I know that I am very mindful now to be more appreciative of my freedoms but also about what really is important in life.

Lord, Please give everyone the strength that only you can give to make it through this day as we remember the victims. Please allow us to remember what it says in the Lord's Prayer, forgive us of our trespasses and those who trespass against us.
Amen

dodgegirl11
09-11-2002, 10:43 AM
Amen. We as Americans have alot to be grateful for. Let's all pray for our country in this painful time.

SintonFan
09-11-2002, 10:52 AM
Amen.

toby070
09-11-2002, 12:17 PM
awesome post...AMEN

sinton66
09-11-2002, 12:58 PM
May we as a nation never forget the price that has been paid by those that went before us for the freedoms and liberties we now enjoy. Whether we agree or disagree with war and its principles, there have been those that made the ultimate sacrifice to defend this nation and its way of life by choice instead of by accident. It is summed up in this: " Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend." (not to mention people he never even met). All Americans should awaken every morning and thank not only God, but the countless thousands of police, firemen, EMT's, Military forces, and civilian forces that kept the prior night safe so WE could sleep. Yes, remember the innocent victims, pray for their repose in God's loving arms,but keep a special place in your hearts for the living who continue to willingly choose to protect us.

Chris Hart
09-11-2002, 01:22 PM
Amen.America should never have put God on the back burner to start with, it's a shame that it took a tragedy like this to take place for America to turn back to God.I'm not implying this toward anyone on this board, but America in general.Dear Lord,I thank you for being such a wonderful LIVING God and loving us SO.God Bless America!!!!!

bigbearfan
09-11-2002, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the post...I think everyone needs to stop, reflect and remember what is really important in life. Great prayer...

EAGLEBLUE
09-11-2002, 02:05 PM
I, as well as all of you, and every American will never foget this day in history. Just reading all of the posts here today makes me glad I am an American! Thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts and prayers with everyone. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

bhanonymous
09-11-2002, 02:09 PM
MAY GOD BE WITH EVERYONE TODAY, THOSE WHO ARE HERE WITH US, AND THOSE WE HAVE LOST. REMEMBERING YOU DOUBLE NICKEL.

Kelly McCoy, Barbers Hill Varsity #55 http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

SINTON81
09-11-2002, 02:35 PM
AMEN!!

sinton66
09-11-2002, 03:29 PM
My ultimate "heros" in this saga from a year ago are the passengers on the airliner that crashed in rural Pennsylvania. These were ordinary people like you and I, not professional military or police, just citizens. And when they realized what was going on chose their own fate instead of letting fear and the terrorists kill even more innocent people. Somehow, the Presidential Medal of Freedom just doesn't seem to cover the spread for me. If they had been military, it would have been the CMH!

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 11, 2002).]

BigRed01
09-12-2002, 04:11 AM
My heart really goes out to all those people who suffered and are still suffering from that terrible event. I am in the military and have been there for 15 years serving. I was in Washington D.C. when the plane went into the Pentagon, and I know how worried my family was about me. Luckily I was plenty far from it. The best thing anyone can do here is back our President and never forget what those murder's did to our families. Whether you are military or civilian we all have a role to play in this one. This is one game and the only game I will gaunantee you a win.

Pudlugger
09-12-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by BigRed01:
My heart really goes out to all those people who suffered and are still suffering from that terrible event. I am in the military and have been there for 15 years serving. I was in Washington D.C. when the plane went into the Pentagon, and I know how worried my family was about me. Luckily I was plenty far from it. The best thing anyone can do here is back our President and never forget what those murder's did to our families. Whether you are military or civilian we all have a role to play in this one. This is one game and the only game I will gaunantee you a win.

Well said. I say 'Amen' to all our 9/11 prayers, but now, please PASS THE AMMUNITION.

AggieJohn
09-13-2002, 12:22 PM
we all sit here and argue over who's better here and who's got the quicker backs...and then we name these great players on the field "heroes"....i think our whole pereception changed on 9-11 as we were given a decisive idea of what a hero is and how important our Lord Jesus Christ is!!!