PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the whole bledsoe deal?

Cameron Crazy
10-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Who should it be?

NateDawg39
10-25-2006, 05:28 PM
big deal, he has had a...a few bad games, um...ok so he has had 4 or 5 BUT STILL!! I dont like either of them!:mad:

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Umm yea, wait, yall want him when he threw 3 picks? 3? how is that any better than bledsoe? the only thing he has is a little more quick, but id take experience any day.

Old Tiger
10-25-2006, 05:35 PM
It doesn't matter the cowboys suck :(

wedo
10-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Dallas needs a big time offense of Cordinator!! And a draft pick at QB not some washed up one like Testaverde and Bledsoe!!

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Im tellin ya, get rid of Romo and Bledsoe and get Troy Smith, solidify that line, and that team is super bowl ready.

carter08
10-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

Turn that frown upside down

Dallas Sucks :D :D :clap:

tigerpride_08
10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
if you give romo a full week of practice with the 1st team i think he could do better...

wedo
10-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Im tellin ya, get rid of Romo and Bledsoe and get Troy Smith, solidify that line, and that team is super bowl ready.

They may have to give up some picks or someone real good to draft that high!! I don't think they will make the playoffs anymore but they don't suck that bad to draft in the top ten!!

DU_stud04
10-25-2006, 06:10 PM
cowboys immediate answer is not a new qb, they need to pick up a new oliine. look at the texans, they have david carr, hes a decently good qb but cant do anything with it cause he only gets 1.5 seconds to get rid of the ball. you could have the best qb in the league, but if they have no one blocking, then they would be pulling the same results.

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 06:13 PM
they gotta trade up, maybe use Romo or something, then use the other picks to either trade for lineman or solidify the line with good young guys, and a year maybe less they are the best team in the NFL.

g$$
10-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Is upgrading the O-line on the poll?

Too much stock put into who the QB is - but Romo is the best one suited to play behind that line b/c of his mobility.

Think Mr. Jerry Jones, the owner/GM/coach could have better used that $25 million for TO on other areas of the team?

Dallas will never win the big one again as long as Jones keeps meddling & undermining his coaches. He disgusts me.

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Is upgrading the O-line on the poll?

Too much stock put into who the QB is - but Romo is the best one suited to play behind that line b/c of his mobility.

Think Mr. Jerry Jones, the owner/GM/coach could have better used that $25 million for TO on other areas of the team?

Dallas will never win the big one again as long as Jones keeps meddling & undermining his coaches. He disgusts me.

You are CORRECT! Jones messes that team up, if he wants to coach then he should take over the position!

GOFOR2
10-25-2006, 06:19 PM
They cant get a whole new O-line right now, right now. Therefore, the only other solution you have, albeit not permanent, is to use a more mobile QB....Tony Romo. Yes Bledsoe is more experience and can pass better than Romo, but unfortunately he can evade the rush/blitz because of the ineptitude of his line.....so you go with someone who can run a little better. We are gonna be a few weeks away from another victory I am afraid.

Snydertigersrul
10-25-2006, 06:20 PM
You are CORRECT! Jones messes that team up, if he wants to coach then he should take over the position!

Bench Bledsoe, fire Parcells and hire Fisher NOW.

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Why, so Jones can mess up another good coach?

g$$
10-25-2006, 06:22 PM
I know you can't overhaul the line in mid-season. I was just making the point about Jerry Jones & his offseason acquisitions. He got what he deserved. An egomaniac just like him in TO.

Can Jerry the OWNER stay off the sidelines too?

g$$
10-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Has Bill Parcells forgotten how to coach or are the distractions & poor drafts by Jerry Jones catching up with them again?

It's Jerry's show & everyone knows it. Parcells will leave & Jones will hire a new puppet. Fisher wants out of Tennessee & never wanted VY to begin with - Bud Adams made that choice. Fisher wanted McNair to stay.

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 06:28 PM
why? VY will be twice the QB Mcnair was, that was a smart move. Bill Parcells can coach, as long as he is allowed to coach. also, TO is the best receiver in the game, you cant pass that up.

jlwzz
10-25-2006, 06:38 PM
if they fix the oloine. i think bledsoe, if not poor Romo is going to be runinning for his life

g$$
10-25-2006, 06:42 PM
TO is not the best receiver in the game anymore. Steve Smith is followed by Torry Holt & Chad Johnson (Andre Johnson in Houston is close too). Plus you have to factor in the other stuff TO brings to the team (dissension, distractions, ME ME ME).

Terry Glenn on his own team is better right now. Look at the #s & who gets more double teams.

Fisher & Steve McNair are tight. They went to a Super Bowl together. VY has a long way to go before you can say that. McNair is about done, granted, but VY is very raw & nowhere near being an All Pro. McNair has been there & done that.

Remember when McNair was locked out of the training facility & Fisher came to his defense? Bud Adams (Houston resident still) ordered they pick VY & that is well-known. Floyd Reese made the pick as Titans GM.

Will VY get there in time? Time will tell, & only if he progresses as a passer. One of the all-time greats in college no doubt. Whole new level now. Interesting to see how he looks against Houston this week. 2 bad teams going at it!!

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 06:44 PM
you think Glenn gets more double teams than TO? and I would take Owens over Smith any day, you may disagree, but IMO Owens is still the number one receiver right now.

g$$
10-25-2006, 06:51 PM
I know he does. Watch the games. Teams double Glenn & leave TO one on one way more often. TO has lost a step but is still a very good, physical receiver. Glenn is the deep threat, safety over the top way more often.

TO is closer to Keyshawn at this stage of his career than Steve Smith.

Steve Smith lower than TO? Are you kidding me? Smith is money & is way more explosive. I would challenge you to poll NFL personnel men on that one. Smith is younger & better right now. Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson, & others come to mind before TO.

We can disagree I guess.

mchavez
10-25-2006, 06:55 PM
How about this: instead of spending 25 million on a WR who can't catch a wide open pass on 4th and 2, and buy a new O-Line!!

g$$
10-25-2006, 06:57 PM
That's been my point all along. Money could have been better spent on other areas, like big-time O-line upgrades. That line is awful as a group.

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Ok, I might give you Chad Johnson, but none of the others. Again only my opinion. Im not sayin they should spend money on TO and not get the OLine fixed, the OLine is the most important part of the team. but to pass on that receiver, there is no way I could.

g$$
10-25-2006, 07:07 PM
It all starts up front. Skill guys don't matter if you can't get the ball to them.

You do know who Steve Smith is right? Carolina Panthers? Look at his #s & what he has done the past few years. Even can return kicks when needed. Most explosive receiver in the game. He is younger & better than TO right now. And he has never torn 2 teams apart like TO, who may tear apart a 3rd this year.

In an open draft of any NFL receiver based solely on ability, I promise you TO would not go higher than 5th or 6th, maybe lower.

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Ok, so you are sayin Holt, Johnson, Smith, and who else goes ahead of him? no way he would slide to 5th. if we are going fantasy and you go back on the numbers from the previous seasons, nobody has been as dominant as TO. hes an animal.

REC YDS AVG YPG LNG TD
Owens '04 77 1200 15.6 85.7 59 14
Smith '05 103 1563 15.2 97.7 80 12

Thats not even a full season for Owens...

NDFootball
10-25-2006, 07:20 PM
There's a number of things wrong with the Cowboys

1. Lack of an offensive gameplan

Jerry Jones wasn't very wise to not hire a new Offensive Coordinator after Sean Payton left. Deciding plays between 3 different coaches isn't much of a threat....there's times where I think a HS team could shut down the Cowboys offense because of poor gameplanning. Here's 80% of what they do:

1st Down: Run
2nd Down: Run
3rd Down (probably somewhere close to 8 yards away): Throw to Glenn or Witten

and repeat...and repeat...and repeat...

2. There's no legitimate QB in Dallas

Bledsoe will never live up to the stats he produces in big pressure situations. Once a defense can bring pressure he's done. Also Romo...everyone thinks he has potential but I get the feeling he's Chad Huthinson part 2. Are we that used to Bledsoe getting sacked to think he's got starting potential because he can do what is expected of a QB at any level. I will admit the offensive line has their faults but Bledsoe needs to learn to get rid of the ball. Put him in a shotgun until the line proves they can actually block something other than a junior college team.

3. The Offensive Line

This is area is bad, but not as bad as everyone thinks. The QBs do a huge share in making their pass protection look horrible.
They can block it's just kind of hard with 8 or 9 guys in the box every play. Marc Colombo has done an excellent job at RT for the most part with a few excepts from Strahan. The main one that needs work is Flozell Adams. I don't think he's fully recovered from his knee injury last year yet.

g$$
10-25-2006, 07:25 PM
When is the last time TO played a full season? Hurt Super Bowl Year & came back, then suspended last year. Do you want him on your team? And who was Steve Smith's help at receiver before Keyshawn this year? You have to factor in lots of stuff like % of total offense, running game, scheme, who is 2nd receiver, etc. Mussin Muhammad left Carolina & went to Chicago. Smith got hurt last year too if you remember - broke his leg, so not a full season either. That was last year right? I think it was. His #s are great either way.

I never said TO was not good - but he is not the player he was 4 years ago either.

If I was picking & in no order other than Smith 1st:

Steve Smith (explosive & best in league)
Torry Holt (old reliable & still one of best route runners around)
Chad Johnson (big play guy & cannot be single teamed)
Andre Johnson (young, fast & physical All Pro WR on bad team)
Marvin Harrison (Hall of Famer)
Hines Ward (best blocking WR in league & clutch SB MVP)
maybe someone else off top of my head...

then TO (but you get the whole package with him off the field too)

g$$
10-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Marc Columbo was a former 1st round pick who got waived in Chicago. He has been ok I guess. Adams does look slow to me too. Gurode is ok & guards are just average.

Not a good line. Scheme could be questioned too when you know protection is a problem.

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2006, 07:43 PM
All the talk about TO this and TO that..The int at the goaline showed the MAIN problem with Bledsoe..Parcells said that play was SUPPOSED to go to TO's side of the field, but Drew tried to force it to Glenn. I like Glenn, but a goaline pass should be going to TO, or Witten because of their size and ability to fight for the ball.

I dont know if it really is because Bledsoe feels more comfortable with Glenn, or if he tried NOT to go to TO, but the fact is Dallas has not used TO very well. He is a big WR who can run, yet they have not went to him underneath the LBs enough. Drag him across the field and he can turn a 5yd catch into a 20 yd gain

I think we will see more TO now with Romo, because Romo and him are friends and I think they tweak the O a bit to get rid of the ball faster.

Cameron Crazy
10-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Im tellin ya, get rid of Romo and Bledsoe and get Troy Smith, solidify that line, and that team is super bowl ready. Yes, and no if we got troy smith we wouldnt have the money to get a qb

g$$
10-25-2006, 08:00 PM
TO had a big drop on 4th & 2 that changed the whole 2nd half. I agree they could get the ball more to him. But most of his problems he brings on himself - always complaining, yelling at someone on the sidelines. That stuff gets old.

Parcells never wanted him to begin with, & still won't call him by name. Jerry Jones orchestrated that whole deal.

He is not worth $25 million at this stage of his career, plus the baggage he brings with him & problems in other areas of the team like the O-line. Have fun with him in Dallas on a team they will struggle to make the playoffs.

Cameron Crazy
10-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
TO had a big drop on 4th & 2 that changed the whole 2nd half. I agree they could get the ball more to him. But most of his problems he brings on himself - always complaining, yelling at someone on the sidelines. That stuff gets old.

Parcells never wanted him to begin with, & still won't call him by name. Jerry Jones orchestrated that whole deal.

He is not worth $25 million at this stage of his career, plus the baggage he brings with him & problems in other areas of the team like the O-line. Have fun with him in Dallas on a team they will struggle to make the playoffs. I'm already tired of watching t.o sit there and cry on the sidelines!

NDFootball
10-25-2006, 08:27 PM
blame that on the media then not Owens I've seen players throw fits that are alot worse than that.

He wants to win who can blame him?

g$$
10-26-2006, 03:19 AM
Wanting to win & showing up your teammates are 2 totally different things. Everybody wants a competitor, not a baby all about himself.

Maybe if he would have practiced instead of training for the Tour de France on the stationary bike he would have better chemistry with the QBs. Oh yeah, his groin hurt but somehow got well really fast before the 1st game check rolled in.

TO will bring that team down too, & Dallas does NOT make the playoffs. Then Parcells leaves & Jones hires a new puppet.

g$$
10-26-2006, 03:21 AM
Bulldog Man:

What do you think of the 6 WRs I listed? Would you still take TO #1 overall?

Give me Steve Smith or any of the others!

GreenGobbla
10-26-2006, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

amen.

LHPfactory
10-26-2006, 06:52 AM
Everyone is making it to complicated. We should all just become Chicago Bears fans and be done with it........... And next year if another team is doing well we just jump on that band wagon. :rolleyes:

piratebg
10-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Romo is the guy to start. Bledsoe was good, but his time has come and gone. The Cowboys have to look for a more long time solution at quarterback, and they may have that in Romo. He is more mobile and his passes have more speed behind them. The only thing they lack is a good O-line to give him some time actually drop back and pass.

NDFootball
10-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Everyone is making it to complicated. We should all just become Chicago Bears fans and be done with it........... And next year if another team is doing well we just jump on that band wagon. :rolleyes:

BEARS FOR THE SUPER BOWL :D

piratebg
10-26-2006, 08:20 AM
There will be no Super Bowl Shuffle for th Bears this year.