PDA

View Full Version : Just found a hotel room in Lubbock

injuredinmelee
10-25-2006, 02:36 PM
for this weekend. A smoking room 200.00 a night. Not good at all but it beats the alternative of driving home after tailgating all day and a 6pm kickoff.

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 02:41 PM
wow...yeah I've been trying to find something for my parents but no luck yet...

Ranger Mom
10-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Ahhh....it's so nice to have family there!!:D

Old Tiger
10-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Interesting...:thinking:

BreckTxLonghorn
10-25-2006, 02:46 PM
We booked our rooms in June. Dirt cheap too at $80 a room. Of course, you get what you pay for in a two-star motor inn.:D

3afan
10-25-2006, 02:47 PM
my son is staying with a friend who moved up there a few months ago - but dont ask what I had to pay for a flight from Dallas :(

injuredinmelee
10-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ahhh....it's so nice to have family there!!:D

can I have their number? lol

I hae several guys that used to work for me that i could crash on the floor at their place, but J'Lyn is goign and she said she didnt mind sleeping on the floor but she probably wont like us playing poker all night keeping her awake. This way i can drop her off and go win some cash back to offset the trip... lol

Adidas we need to get ahold of Thunder and Tool and get a poker game going of ex wylie folks sat night. I have talked to Casey a couple of times via email this week but havent been able to get ahold of Mark.

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
can I have their number? lol

I hae several guys that used to work for me that i could crash on the floor at their place, but J'Lyn is goign and she said she didnt mind sleeping on the floor but she probably wont like us playing poker all night keeping her awake. This way i can drop her off and go win some cash back to offset the trip... lol

Adidas we need to get ahold of Thunder and Tool and get a poker game going of ex wylie folks sat night. I have talked to Casey a couple of times via email this week but havent been able to get ahold of Mark.
My plans for Saturday night are still up in the air. I'm meeting the parents in the ABI on Friday night so that I can just ride with them on Saturday. I am staying with a friend but if they don't find a place to stay then we may just come back to Abilene on Saturday night. I'll let you know as I find out...

injuredinmelee
10-25-2006, 02:59 PM
we will be at the Four Points Sheraton which is righty down the road from the stadium. I will make them shuttle us there for what we are paying.

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 03:11 PM
we will be at the Four Points Sheraton which is righty down the road from the stadium. I will make them shuttle us there for what we are paying.

nice...I'll be at a buddy's APT over on 4th and Milwaukee. I'm pissed that we're going to have to pay for parking this time around. Hey where are your seats at? We may have 2 extras in the Texas Sections if you had something in the Tech section.

injuredinmelee
10-25-2006, 03:49 PM
we are in section 10 and I think that is the Texas section. Row 4 kind of close though. If you have some your wanting to sell I now some folks that need em.

Emerson1
10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
my son is staying with a friend who moved up there a few months ago - but dont ask what I had to pay for a flight from Dallas :(
I could drive up instead.

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

Yeah...I was going to fly but driving turned out to be A LOT cheaper...even if it is 10+ hrs in the car. I'll save the $100 or so instead of taking Southwest (it's much higher now too).

3afan
10-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I could drive up instead.

yeah right - you'd end up in Laredo

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 04:33 PM
we are in section 10 and I think that is the Texas section. Row 4 kind of close though. If you have some your wanting to sell I now some folks that need em.
Dad said we now have 2 extra tickets in the Texas section. They are being FedEx'd to him so he should have them tmrw. Once I find out what section they are in I will let you know so feel free to let somebody know that we should have 2 tickets for sale.

injuredinmelee
10-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Yweah let me know.

RMAC
10-26-2006, 12:55 AM
for this weekend. A smoking room 200.00 a night. Not good at all but it beats the alternative of driving home after tailgating all day and a 6pm kickoff.

Injured, you can stay in my room if you want man, free of charge.

injuredinmelee
10-26-2006, 08:17 AM
We were gonna stay with Kiger and Wunderlich and when I tried to call and cancel the hotel last night they told me that there was a 72 hour cancelation policy. The douchebag on the phone told me 48. I am not happy. I will be on the phone to their corporate offices this morning.

Adidas410s
10-26-2006, 08:24 AM
We were gonna stay with Kiger and Wunderlich and when I tried to call and cancel the hotel last night they told me that there was a 72 hour cancelation policy. The douchebag on the phone told me 48. I am not happy. I will be on the phone to their corporate offices this morning.

nice...my parents got a room in Brownfield @ a Best Western for like $70...but it still requires a 30 minute drive there and then back to the LBK to get me on Sunday...

injuredinmelee
10-26-2006, 08:27 AM
when i tried bfield they were booked. Good for them bad for me.

injuredinmelee
10-26-2006, 12:32 PM

guess which part of that sentence got me in trouble when she read it...

bobcat1
10-26-2006, 12:39 PM
This way i can drop her off and go win some cash back to offset the trip... :thinking:

Adidas410s
10-26-2006, 01:08 PM
when i tried bfield they were booked. Good for them bad for me.
jk...we're actually going to be rockin' it out in Post, Texas! Love me some Garza County! :rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
10-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
:thinking:

exactly right... I should have known she was gonna read it...

football4life
10-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Well if you guys ever get hungry, head over to Gardski's on Broadway, I'll be working all weekend long. Good food, right by the stadium. I got the shaft since I am low on the totem pole, everyone else at work is going to the game, so i have 6 shifts in a row starting tonight. So come by, ask for Jared.