PDA

View Full Version : UIL cracks down on recruiting!

JR2004
10-25-2006, 12:22 PM
From the Denton Record Chronicle

<<Guyer assistant put on probation

On Tuesday, Guyer assistant football coach Priest Johnson was given three years of probation and a public reprimand from the UIL’s State Executive Committee.

Johnson violated Section 51 (a) (8) -- a rule against recruiting -- of the UIL’s policy code for contact with a McMath Middle School athlete.

McMath students are slated to attend Ryan High School.>>

Way to stick it to an assistant coach at a first year varsity program that's 0-8! Next thing you know they'll be knocking down the doors over at Sunset or Adamson here in Dallas looking for violations. Who says the UIL isn't burning the midnight oil looking for people breaking the rules!

(I do know the UIL usually has to have these situations reported to them before they hand down rulings like this. I just like poking fun at a governing body as inept as them!)

mrescape43
10-25-2006, 12:27 PM
IMO the UIL has no credibility after the Kinne decision.

Ranger Mom
10-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43

I think that "ripped it" for a lot of people!!

JasperDog94
10-25-2006, 12:37 PM
IMO the UIL has no credibility after the Kinne decision. I think there are many of us that feel that way.

mwynn05
10-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think that "ripped it" for a lot of people!! Martins Mill in 1a is bad about recruiting in basketball last year they had a move in who just happened to be really good at basketball and this year they got a kid from cradall who moved and another post from what i hear...this wouldnt be strange but this town has no economy and isnt really that close to any large towns

Phil C
10-25-2006, 01:06 PM

"Ye ole double standard."

AggieJohn
10-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think that "ripped it" for a lot of people!! are you refering to him getting to go to gilmer?

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 01:07 PM
why is it that I laughed out loud when I saw this thread title? ;)

44INAROW
10-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

my thought was "day late and a dollar short" :D

txkmom
10-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

I thought it was one of those sarcastic joke threads...

pirate4state
10-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
my thought was "day late and a dollar short" :D I'm sure there were some other thoughts floating around!! :p :D :evillol:

JR2004
10-25-2006, 01:24 PM
This thread had NOTHING to do with previous threads about Gilmer and what people thought about that situation. (For the record I supported Gilmer on that one as Aesculus Gilmus can attest to.) I put this thread up because I found it funny that the UIL is wasting time going after schools like Guyer. If the UIL wants to go after someone there's far more prominent schools they can go after than a first year varsity program that's 0-8.

44INAROW
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
my last comment on this will be this:
it shouldn't matter if a team is 1A, 3A, or 5A - Prominent or not - winning or losing - breaking the rules is breaking the rules..

JasperDog94
10-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
my last comment on this will be this:
it shouldn't matter if a team is 1A, 3A, or 5A - Prominent or not - winning or losing - breaking the rules is breaking the rules.. :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
10-25-2006, 02:30 PM
UIL rules all!

Go Gilmer!

G.A Moore is the greatest!

Aesculus gilmus
10-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Gilmer did not recruit Kinne. Arguably, you COULD say he recruited us. But that's another story for another time.

Also, I happened to be at the Kinne UIL hearing in Waco in April.

Gilmer's "adversary" that day, so to speak, was the Mineola superintendent, a lady whose name escapes me. Her football team is about to pay the price Friday night for what she attempted to do. However, she really turned out to be Gilmer's "secret weapon." Let me explain why.

If you want to look at this hearing as similar to a trial in a courtroom, you would have to say the District 13-3A executive committee had hired "incompetent counsel" aka the Mineola supt.

She had done no investigation other than reading newspaper articles and citing TV segments and saying "this just doesn't look right." That is not evidence. You have to present facts and evidence at any legal hearing, not just quote newspaper articles, media reports and hearsay.

When Canton ISD signed off on Kinne's Previous Athletic Participation Form, it was basically over. Canton was not contesting it. Had it done so, I think perhaps the ruling would have turned out differently.

For instance, there didn't seem to be the same cooperative attitude exhibited by Jasper ISD after Gilbert Moye moved to Lufkin. And that case turned out differently. I still think Moye should have been given leniency because of the disruption and turmoil caused to him by Hurricane Rita.

But the UIL decided to throw the book at him whereas with Kinne, it was up to the Mineola superintendent to open the book, but it turned out she didn't even bring it with her to class that day, so they had nothing to throw at him even if they had wanted to.

JasperDog94
10-25-2006, 03:06 PM
lol, there was plenty to throw at Kinne. All you have to do is look at the mother's comments. I don't know if that was brought up in the hearing or not, but it should have been.

JasperDog94
10-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
For instance, there didn't seem to be the same cooperative attitude exhibited by Jasper ISD after Gilbert Moye moved to Lufkin. And that case turned out differently. I still think Moye should have been given leniency because of the disruption and turmoil caused to him by Hurricane Rita. When was the last time a superintendant went to another school district to obtain a kid's PAP?:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Gobbla2001
10-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Gilmer didn't recruit, I've said that all along... as Ascus Gilmerleculous said, it's more like he recruited Gilmer...

Gilmer did what any school would do, would you turn the guy down if the UIL said it was okay for him to play? Cuero wouldn't have, he'd just be playing DB or something. ..:eek:

all in fun ladies and gents

Aesculus gilmus
10-25-2006, 03:17 PM
I don't understand the question. As far as I know, Canton signed Kinne's PAPF and then faxed it to Gilmer. No trips by superintendents.

As Coach Gary Joe Kinne said at the hearing, this is done routinely hundreds of times a year without incident.

Gobbla2001
10-25-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't understand the question. As far as I know, Canton signed Kinne's PAPF and then faxed it to Gilmer. No trips by superintendents.

As Coach Gary Joe Kinne said at the hearing, this is done routinely hundreds of times a year without incident.

what, those mypsace sites?

Gobbla2001
10-25-2006, 03:25 PM
and again, I'm just kiddin' around... there's really no use arguing on this subject...

just havin' a little fun I'll stop...

Phil C
10-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
and again, I'm just kiddin' around... there's really no use arguing on this subject...

just havin' a little fun I'll stop...

Well I don't know. There have been lots of coverups in the past along with kangaroo courts.

;)

Phil C
10-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Well I don't know. There have been lots of coverups in the past along with kangaroo courts.

;)

Plus ye ole double standard! :)

JasperDog94
10-25-2006, 03:28 PM

As Coach Gary Joe Kinne said at the hearing, this is done routinely hundreds of times a year without incident. I'm referring to the Diboll super. He came to Jasper himself to get Gilbert's PAPF.

Snydertigersrul
10-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'm referring to the Diboll super. He came to Jasper himself to get Gilbert's PAPF.

Every one knows that the UIL looked the other way concerning "transfers" to Gilmer. It was a very unfortunate situation what happened to coach Kinne. The UIL meets almost weekly and rejects appeals from other schools throughout Texas. The difference is that Kinne's mom and his stepfather just "happen" to move into the Gilmer school district, which is technically legal. It still was a transfer for ATHLETIC REASONS. That's the bottom line.

Hupernikomen
10-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Jasper signed off on Moye way before the UIL heard the case. Jasper signed off the first day they were in school to do so. If I am wrong someone needs to correct me.

Paratrooper
10-25-2006, 06:59 PM
I have heard there are quite a few schools who practice this behavior. It is ashame people can't abide by the rules. If the UIL took these measures they had to have some pretty concrete evidence that they did it. It may be a wake up to other schools.

dogdad
10-25-2006, 07:33 PM
IMO the UIL has no credibility after the Kinne decision. +

my opinion too

3afan
10-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Every one knows that the UIL looked the other way concerning "transfers" to Gilmer. .......

everyone does NOT know that -- everyone is just speculating

unless you were "in the room" then you dont know ......

Cameron Crazy
10-25-2006, 08:00 PM
I wonder who this thread is pointed at?:thinking:

3afan
10-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I wonder who this thread is pointed at?:thinking:

you?

dogdad
10-25-2006, 08:11 PM
pointed at the UIL, not at Gilmer
I don't think Gilmer recruited
but I'm against kids shopping for a team
I don't think Gilmer did anything wrong (as far as I know)
but Kinne transferred for athletic purposes

and if the UIL does nothing about this case, then I don't see how they can ever enforce that rule again and remain credible

lostaussie
10-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
everyone does NOT know that -- everyone is just speculating

unless you were "in the room" then you dont know ...... thanks 3afan for a small vote of confidence. we did not recruit anybody. "if you build it, they will come". i dare any school in the state of texas to say they would not have let him play. fortunately, or unfortunately, however you want to look at it, he moved to Gilmer. and any of you tell me that their qb last year is a D1 recruit at wr better be prepared to offer evidence. all the naysayers said "well what about last years qb". he wasn't gonna play qb in college. now he has a D1 scholarship at wr. all is good in Gilmer. looking for our next opponent.

sweetwater07
10-25-2006, 09:06 PM

Amen to that...that was the biggest joke of a "decision" the U.I.L has ever pulled

West22
10-25-2006, 09:12 PM
THE WACO PAPER TODAY HAD ARTICLE WHERE THE UIL HAD RULED A WACO HIGH PLAYER COULD NOT PLAY AT MIDWAY THIS YEAR .

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by West22
THE WACO PAPER TODAY HAD ARTICLE WHERE THE UIL HAD RULED A WACO HIGH PLAYER COULD NOT PLAY AT MIDWAY THIS YEAR .
There were a few. Here's the rulings from yesterday's press release.

UIL 10/24/06 (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/db/press_release_detail.lasso?-Search=Action&-Table=table&-Database=press_release.fp5&-KeyValue=32794)

bobcat1
10-25-2006, 09:26 PM
LostAussie, Looks to me like we have a bunch of jealous :weeping: folks out there with their tighty whiteys in a wad. Fact of the bidness it is because Kinne didn't choose their school. So they :foul: and :bigcry: . Well kiss this http://www.1atexasfootball.com/images/bmoon.gif

dogdad
10-25-2006, 09:45 PM
that's what everything boils down to....jealousy......right Bobcat?

bobcat1
10-25-2006, 09:55 PM
It is when you hear whining, mostly coveting, jealous people.:dispntd:

Ranger Mom
10-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
pointed at the UIL, not at Gilmer
I don't think Gilmer recruited
but I'm against kids shopping for a team
I don't think Gilmer did anything wrong (as far as I know)
but Kinne transferred for athletic purposes

and if the UIL does nothing about this case, then I don't see how they can ever enforce that rule again and remain credible

I agree with what you said 100%!

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2006, 02:26 AM
ok so your a returning All-State QB, and your going to move because the ONLY tie to the town you have played in is your father the head coach who just left for a college position.

It has been decided by family that you will live with your real mom for your senior year who ONLY moved to Canton area to help raise you when everything went down with your Dad. So she is not from Canton, your not from Canton, and your Dad who just left is not from Canton....and oh yea alot of people in Canton dont like you because of your last name, and your getting threats

SO anyway the decision is been made to move...Where do you think he will go? A team that has not shot at doing anything, or a team that has a chance at a State Crown?

Of course I dont think any of this is thought of if his mom does not make the really stupid comment attributed to her about a coach...BUT she said it and that will always leave doubt because it was a REALLY stupid statement.

But the simple fact is you can say the UIL lost their credibility and all that, but they followed their OWN rules. Canton signed off on it, ALL PAPERWORK was correctly filed and signed. The UIL CANNOT make a decison based on what someone said, there has to be REAL proof, and their simply was NONE. In fact at the meeting the Kinne's showed more proof than the Mineola suptd of why the move was not illegal.

Instead of saying the UIL lost credibility, I honestly just think the Kinne's had an out that cannot be argued agianst. The fact is GJ was recieveing threats in Canton, and the UIL could not rule on conjecture of what his mom said.

Snydertigersrul
10-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
ok so your a returning All-State QB, and your going to move because the ONLY tie to the town you have played in is your father the head coach who just left for a college position.

It has been decided by family that you will live with your real mom for your senior year who ONLY moved to Canton area to help raise you when everything went down with your Dad. So she is not from Canton, your not from Canton, and your Dad who just left is not from Canton....and oh yea alot of people in Canton dont like you because of your last name, and your getting threats

SO anyway the decision is been made to move...Where do you think he will go? A team that has not shot at doing anything, or a team that has a chance at a State Crown?

Of course I dont think any of this is thought of if his mom does not make the really stupid comment attributed to her about a coach...BUT she said it and that will always leave doubt because it was a REALLY stupid statement.

But the simple fact is you can say the UIL lost their credibility and all that, but they followed their OWN rules. Canton signed off on it, ALL PAPERWORK was correctly filed and signed. The UIL CANNOT make a decison based on what someone said, there has to be REAL proof, and their simply was NONE. In fact at the meeting the Kinne's showed more proof than the Mineola suptd of why the move was not illegal.

Instead of saying the UIL lost credibility, I honestly just think the Kinne's had an out that cannot be argued agianst. The fact is GJ was recieveing threats in Canton, and the UIL could not rule on conjecture of what his mom said.

Your brother must be a member of the executive committee. That doesn't make any sense at all. A rule is a rule and they looked the other way. Go tell that to all of the families of the other 99.9 of the families who believe that an exception should have been made for their sons and daughters. Of course, they are not all-state players or their daddy was not a member of the buddy system. It's clear a political decision. In my book, Gilmer and Canton also showed their lack of respect for the spirit of the rules, even though technically it was legal.

3afan
10-26-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Your brother must be a member of the executive committee. That doesn't make any sense at all. A rule is a rule and they looked the other way. Go tell that to all of the families of the other 99.9 of the families who believe that an exception should have been made for their sons and daughters. Of course, they are not all-state players or their daddy was not a member of the buddy system. It's clear a political decision. In my book, Gilmer and Canton also showed their lack of respect for the spirit of the rules, even though technically it was legal.

get over it ---- Txbroadcaster laid out the facts ... Canton signed off, what more do you need to hear?

Would your stance be different if Kinne was a Snyder Tiger? Of course it would ....

<><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

go Forney - beat Highland Park !!!!!!!!!! :doh:
Well ya never know ..............

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 08:15 AM
it doesnt matter if canton signed off on it or not. Canton wanted Kinne out of Canton. They didn't care where he went. Now, when the district executive committee questions it and doesnt approve it, then it goes to the UIL, which it did. Schools have signed PAP's before and those players signed off on have been declared ineligible by the UIL.

Phil C
10-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
thanks 3afan for a small vote of confidence. we did not recruit anybody. "if you build it, they will come". i dare any school in the state of texas to say they would not have let him play. fortunately, or unfortunately, however you want to look at it, he moved to Gilmer. and any of you tell me that their qb last year is a D1 recruit at wr better be prepared to offer evidence. all the naysayers said "well what about last years qb". he wasn't gonna play qb in college. now he has a D1 scholarship at wr. all is good in Gilmer. looking for our next opponent.

And next recruit?

;) :)

Phil C
10-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
It is when you hear whining, mostly coveting, jealous people.:dispntd:

Either that or the clamoring for justice. :)

Phil C
10-26-2006, 08:31 AM
get over it ---- Txbroadcaster laid out the facts ... Canton signed off, what more do you need to hear?

Would your stance be different if Kinne was a Snyder Tiger? Of course it would ....

<><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

go Forney - beat Highland Park !!!!!!!!!! :doh:
Well ya never know ..............

Well I don't know - :)

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 08:33 AM
I agree that when people choose a place to live they do choose that place for a variety of reasons. Being successful in athletics can definitly be one of those reasons. Is it recruiting? Nah, it isnt.

For instance, many people have accused Forney of recruiting in the past because of the vast number of move ins. I was one of those. BUT...i moved to Forney in 7th grade. We did choose Forney because my family wanted to be jackrabbits. We chose Forney because of the town, the school, and most important, we chose Forney because of the Jackrabbit tradition. Now, having said that, I do think there is a huge difference in my story and doing that a month or two before your senior year. And you people in Gilmer are right on by saying nobody would care if he had moved to an 0-10 teams town. But the fact that they were able to CHOOSE a town to move to that was a favorite already to win a State Championship, well, that was a story waiting to happen and many years after they win this state championship, if in fact they do, that is what people will be talking about. They wont be talking about the fact that Gilmer was the best 3A team in the state in 06, they will be talking about Kinne moving to Gilmer to win a state championship and how wrong that is. That's our society!

mrescape43
10-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Gilmer did not recruit Kinne. Arguably, you COULD say he recruited us. But that's another story for another time.

Also, I happened to be at the Kinne UIL hearing in Waco in April.

Gilmer's "adversary" that day, so to speak, was the Mineola superintendent, a lady whose name escapes me. Her football team is about to pay the price Friday night for what she attempted to do. However, she really turned out to be Gilmer's "secret weapon." Let me explain why.

If you want to look at this hearing as similar to a trial in a courtroom, you would have to say the District 13-3A executive committee had hired "incompetent counsel" aka the Mineola supt.

She had done no investigation other than reading newspaper articles and citing TV segments and saying "this just doesn't look right." That is not evidence. You have to present facts and evidence at any legal hearing, not just quote newspaper articles, media reports and hearsay.

When Canton ISD signed off on Kinne's Previous Athletic Participation Form, it was basically over. Canton was not contesting it. Had it done so, I think perhaps the ruling would have turned out differently.

For instance, there didn't seem to be the same cooperative attitude exhibited by Jasper ISD after Gilbert Moye moved to Lufkin. And that case turned out differently. I still think Moye should have been given leniency because of the disruption and turmoil caused to him by Hurricane Rita.

But the UIL decided to throw the book at him whereas with Kinne, it was up to the Mineola superintendent to open the book, but it turned out she didn't even bring it with her to class that day, so they had nothing to throw at him even if they had wanted to.

My post was about the decision to allow him eligibility after he had his own website that stated he wanted to transfer to Gilmer to have a chance at a ring and the statement from his mother that if a certain coach wasn't either head coach or offensive coordinator they wouldn't stay in Canton. Both of these statements reference him transferring for reasons that are in violation of UIL rules.

Phil C
10-26-2006, 08:35 AM
My post was about the decision to allow him eligibility after he had his own website that stated he wanted to transfer to Gilmer to have a chance at a ring and the statement from his mother that if a certain coach wasn't either head coach or offensive coordinator they wouldn't stay in Canton. Both of these statements reference him transferring for reasons that are in violation of UIL rules.

OMG!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Phil C
10-26-2006, 08:36 AM

Say it ain't so mre. :(

mrescape43
10-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Either that or the clamoring for justice. :)

I agree 100%

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 08:39 AM

and I agree with that. They will NEVER convince me that the move was merely because he felt his life was threatened.

3afan
10-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Well I don't know - :)

either do I ................ :nerd:

3afan
10-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
and I agree with that. They will NEVER convince me that the move was merely because he felt his life was threatened.

thats probably true - but to say the UIL made an exception just for him is also way off base IMO

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 08:43 AM
G.J’s mother Jacqueline Carter said he will not be following his father to a school in the Waco area.

“We are at a point where we don’t want to leave Canton,” said Carter. “We love this town and want to see G.J. finish high school here. However, G.J. has been through a lot over the last year. Him staying in Canton depends on what happens with the hiring process of the new football coach. Basically, if coach Blake Yancey is not calling the offensive plays, we won’t be staying."

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 08:44 AM
THEN, it's decided that Yancey would not be calling the plays then see ya!!!

Phil C
10-26-2006, 08:45 AM
thats probably true - but to say the UIL made an exception just for him is also way off base IMO

Well I don't know ----

:) Controversy is good. Maybe it will get UIL to be more consistent. Maybe.

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 08:50 AM

i have just personally seen many sub-par athletes ruled ineligible for far less. Makes n o sense whatsoever to me. The UIL is way too inconsistent when it comes to things like this. Then, when they make a ruling they DO NOT have to explain their reasoning one bit.

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 08:58 AM
and I DO NOT think that Gilmer is to blame at all. They arent going to shut their doors and refuse the kid to come to school there.

Him staying in Canton depends on what happens with the hiring process of the new football coach. Basically, if coach Blake Yancey is not calling the offensive plays, we won’t be staying.

That is the problem and I'm sick and tired of people making excuses for the UIL. If this were any normal joe blow kid then this statement above would automatically keep him ineligible and the UIL would have ruled accordingly. BUT, since it was Kinne and the near-tragedy did take place with his father there was no way that the UIL was going to rule him ineligible. That was a battle they did not want to fight.

mrescape43
10-26-2006, 09:01 AM
and I DO NOT think that Gilmer is to blame at all. They arent going to shut their doors and refuse the kid to come to school there.

Him staying in Canton depends on what happens with the hiring process of the new football coach. Basically, if coach Blake Yancey is not calling the offensive plays, we won’t be staying.

That is the problem and I'm sick and tired of people making excuses for the UIL. If this were any normal joe blow kid then this statement above would automatically keep him ineligible and the UIL would have ruled accordingly. BUT, since it was Kinne and the near-tragedy did take place with his father there was no way that the UIL was going to rule him ineligible. That was a battle they did not want to fight.

There is the problem. They didn't stick to their own rules!

3afan
10-26-2006, 09:01 AM
I see your point of view ....................

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 09:02 AM
ok...im done venting for the day...i was over this and had forgotten about it until it was brought up again. Thanks whoever that was. "Woosaw, woosaw"

3afan
10-26-2006, 09:17 AM
who do you guys have tomorrow?

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 09:17 AM
the Mighty Eustace Bulldogs....

3afan
10-26-2006, 09:19 AM
trade ya -- we have HP

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 10:07 AM
trade ya -- we have HP

nah...go ahead...yall can have them. I got my two years of them already

DukeNukem
10-26-2006, 10:38 AM
i have just personally seen many sub-par athletes ruled ineligible for far less. Makes n o sense whatsoever to me. The UIL is way too inconsistent when it comes to things like this. Then, when they make a ruling they DO NOT have to explain their reasoning one bit.

i agree. have heard of several cases where kids that were not only ruled out of sports but even non-athletes were ruled ineligible for other things such as band and academic uil events.

example 1- kid lived in town a with uncle all his life. dad got out of jail and kid moved to town b to live with him. did not fit in and decided to return to uncle in town a. uil ruled him ineligible because he did not live with actual parent.

example 2- military kid. parents transferred out of country. kid moves to stay in us and texas with older sibling. same thing, not legal guardian and therefore could only play jv and not varsity.

example 3- parents split up. kid wants to move with mom to new town. uil says ineligible because parents were not legally divorced and he must stay at current school to participate in varsity level activities.

JR2004
10-26-2006, 03:25 PM
My Lord...This thread WASN'T about GJ Kinne. It WASN'T about Gilmer. The reason I posted about the coach from Guyer getting on probation for recruiting is that the UIL continues to look the other way when the more prominent teams (In this area at least) are doing the exact same thing in multiple sports. There's no consistency when it comes to their decision-making.

There's always going to be battles here in the Metroplex over kids, but there's one school in this area that may have finally gone too far and it seems to have even angered some coaches in this area. It would blow some people's minds how far this school has gone in order to produce a winner. That's why I was making fun of the UIL for going after a winless first year varsity program when they have bigger fish to fry and just don't do it. It was not because of any past decisions they have made on other matters.

JR2004
10-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There were a few. Here's the rulings from yesterday's press release.

UIL 10/24/06 (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/db/press_release_detail.lasso?-Search=Action&-Table=table&-Database=press_release.fp5&-KeyValue=32794)

LHPM,

There's a thread about that on the Centex Board about the kid who went from Waco High to Midway to try to play on their 4A/5A board. I think it finally degenerated into stuff about quality of education and so on and so forth.

After all the controversy surrounding that situation Waco and Midway finally got to play each other last week. Waco had a 51-0 lead at halftime before Waco head coach Johnny Tusa called off the dogs. He let the back-ups come in and play the 2nd half of a 65-14 win and they did it on Midway's home field no less. I'll bet Midway won't be trying to get any athletes from Waco High again anytime soon or next time Tusa may let them go for a three digits on the scoreboard. :)

Snydertigersrul
10-26-2006, 03:43 PM
There is the problem. They didn't stick to their own rules!

GOOD POINT. That was like I was trying to point out last night. The UIL executive board looked the other way and didn't enforce the rule like they do against everyone else. If any of them had anyguts, they would have declared him ineligible. But I realize that was not the "political correct" thing for them to do.

dogdad
10-26-2006, 05:21 PM
G.J’s mother Jacqueline Carter said he will not be following his father to a school in the Waco area.

“We are at a point where we don’t want to leave Canton,” said Carter. “We love this town and want to see G.J. finish high school here. However, G.J. has been through a lot over the last year. Him staying in Canton depends on what happens with the hiring process of the new football coach. Basically, if coach Blake Yancey is not calling the offensive plays, we won’t be staying."
when she made that statement, she made it impossible for Canton ISD to make Yancey the coach.
her statement should have made it impossible for the UIL to rule as they ultimately did.

maroogreen
10-26-2006, 05:50 PM
What is most unfortunate about the Kinne-Gilmer situation (not to drag the beaten, bloody dead horse down the street, but what the hey...) is that when Gilmer does well this year--and they will--their victories will be forever tainted by the UIL debacle. Maybe not in Gilmer, but everywhere else across the state.

That is especially sad because they would have done well no matter if Kinne played there or not. Is it Gilmer's fault? I don't think so. Will people remember this for a long, long time? You bet.

sweetwater07
10-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
What is most unfortunate about the Kinne-Gilmer situation (not to drag the beaten, bloody dead horse down the street, but what the hey...) is that when Gilmer does well this year--and they will--their victories will be forever tainted by the UIL debacle. Maybe not in Gilmer, but everywhere else across the state.

That is especially sad because they would have done well no matter if Kinne played there or not. Is it Gilmer's fault? I don't think so. Will people remember this for a long, long time? You bet.

this is true..its sad that Gilmer will blamed for their success this year because of a UIL screw up

Paratrooper
10-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Thank God that someone else started this post. Some WOS posters would have thought I was directing this one at them.

dogdad
10-26-2006, 07:40 PM
(not to drag the beaten, bloody dead horse down the street, but what the hey...)
[/B][/QUOTE]

lmao!

Emerson1
10-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Who was the kid that had(along with everyone else) to move out of their town because of the hurricane, and either the UIL or district voted for him no to be able to play? It was last year, maybe 2 years ago.

mrescape43
10-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Who was the kid that had(along with everyone else) to move out of their town because of the hurricane, and either the UIL or district voted for him no to be able to play? It was last year, maybe 2 years ago.

Gilbert Moye. I think the spelling is right