PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights

44INAROW
10-25-2006, 08:58 AM
OK - who's still watching it? Comments?

It's BYE week for Cuero, what can I say :D

Snyder_TigerFan
10-25-2006, 09:00 AM
I've been watching it. I try not to compare it to Texas HS Football, because I feel its a little over dramatic. But as a TV show, it's not half bad.

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Yeah as a TV show I've enjoyed it. I still think that some of the things in the show are a bit antiquated but that is because they are using themes that were present in the book (written in the late 80's). For the most part though I've enjoyed it. One thing I'm worried about in next week's episode is that the football scenes are going to become VERY unrealistic since it's a rivalry. There is nothing more that I hate than seeing two players jumping 5 ft in the air for a big collision. You just don't see that in real life. Oh well...we can only ask for so much, right? I sure wouldn't mind somebody knocking off the head booster because I am REALLY tired of hearing him talking about Voodoo the katrina refugee. It's just annoying...

olddawggreen
10-25-2006, 09:09 AM
I've missed it the last couple of times. I read that the show is struggling in the ratings.:doh: :(

pirate4state
10-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Yeah as a TV show I've enjoyed it. I still think that some of the things in the show are a bit antiquated but that is because they are using themes that were present in the book (written in the late 80's). For the most part though I've enjoyed it. One thing I'm worried about in next week's episode is that the football scenes are going to become VERY unrealistic since it's a rivalry. There is nothing more that I hate than seeing two players jumping 5 ft in the air for a big collision. You just don't see that in real life. Oh well...we can only ask for so much, right? I sure wouldn't mind somebody knocking off the head booster because I am REALLY tired of hearing him talking about Voodoo the katrina refugee. It's just annoying... I agree. On all points. It's funny how some of the "teenagers" act like "teenagers" while others act like no "teenager" I've ever met!! :D Ah, Hollywood. ;)

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 09:13 AM
So 44...did you watch Boston Legal last night?

44INAROW
10-25-2006, 09:25 AM
So 44...did you watch Boston Legal last night?
I have it on TIVO - on my agenda for lunch today :)

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I have it on TIVO - on my agenda for lunch today :)
great...we'll have to talk about it this afternoon hehe. FYI...if you thought last week had an "ewww" moment...just wait until the very end of the trial this week. You might just want to fast forward for about 30 seconds...I wish I could've.

Go Cuero
10-25-2006, 09:30 AM
We tivo it and watch it later. I like it as a show but it is a little over the top sometimes but I guess it has to be to be a popular show nowadays.

Boston Legal was good 44 w/an ending that made me go :eek: !!!

44INAROW
10-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Go Cuero

you two have peaked my curiosity..... might take an early lunch :D :D :D j/k

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 09:35 AM
you two have peaked my curiosity..... might take an early lunch :D :D :D j/k

let's just say that for the last two weeks I've been more shocked with Boston Legal than I have with Nip/Tuck! :eek: Granted...it's probably been the two most tame episodes of Nip/Tuck in a long time though...

44INAROW
10-25-2006, 09:37 AM
let's just say that for the last two weeks I've been more shocked with Boston Legal than I have with Nip/Tuck! :eek: Granted...it's probably been the two most tame episodes of Nip/Tuck in a long time though...

ironically, I've TIVO'd Nip/Tuck the 2 previous weeks and forgot last night..... so I assume I didn't miss too much? The "mouse ear" last week was weird :D

pirate4state
10-25-2006, 09:42 AM
let's just say that for the last two weeks I've been more shocked with Boston Legal than I have with Nip/Tuck! :eek: Granted...it's probably been the two most tame episodes of Nip/Tuck in a long time though... For some reason Nip/Tuck did not hold my interest last night! :thinking: :devil:

3afan
10-25-2006, 09:49 AM
i watched last night - really didnt keep my interest

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Here's a brief Nip/Tuck synopsis:

- Sean punches a guy at a diner (why was he at a diner anyways) who was "allowing" his son to make fun of Connor.
- Sean does the surgery on Connor's hands.
- Ms Grubman comes back...has stage 4 lung cancer...and dies alone. Nobody shows up at her funeral (other than Christian and her nurse) because she had neglected all of her friends and family for vanity.
- We learn that Sean had a cleft lip as a child until it was surgically repaired when he was 8 (his dad left shortly after) and that is why Sean is now a plastic surgeon.
- Julia and Marlo kissed and seems like there is something there...so watch for this to surface in future episodes.
- Ms Grubman left her estate in a trust to McNamara/Troy for "people who need a little work, but don't want to pay for it."

CenTexSports
10-25-2006, 10:03 AM
FNL has not impressed me. The photography is dark and dull.

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

I think they are trying to give it more of the documentary look (ala the Office) than a regular TV show feel.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

Since you're from Central Texas, did you notice that Ed Clements was the radio guy on last night's show?

CenTexSports
10-25-2006, 10:16 AM
I hadn't noticed.

Go Cuero
10-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Since you're from Central Texas, did you notice that Ed Clements was the radio guy on last night's show?

I noticed..I really like listening to Ed.

I haven't watched NipTuck in about 3 weeks...when we moved we switched to Time Warner tivo...not liking it near as much as DirectTV...anyway, somehow the Time Warner setup keeps forgetting to record some of my shows and NipTuck is one of them.

Boston Legal was a little more suggestive last night than it has been before and it just cracks me up that William Shatner's character is the way he is. Just way until you watch it on TIVO and you'll know what made me go :eek:

44INAROW
10-25-2006, 01:09 PM

When the the lawyers walked out of the room and the mom and son gave each other "that look" I knew where it was headed.......:eek: :eek: :eek: Glad I had the warning and was able to close my eyes..........:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: - Lake Bell has turned into quite a "loose" woman in the show ;)

Go Cuero
10-25-2006, 01:14 PM
LOL - you went home and watched it at lunch!! I wish I had known about the son and mom moment too...I thought it was really gross.:o

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 01:14 PM
When the the lawyers walked out of the room and the mom and son gave each other "that look" I knew where it was headed.......:eek: :eek: :eek: Glad I had the warning and was able to close my eyes..........:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: - Lake Bell has turned into quite a "loose" woman in the show ;)

Yeah...lucky you to have the warning! One review I read today said "well on the plus side...at least we know it was quality writing because you viewed them as mother/son instead of just two actors."

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 01:17 PM
I noticed..I really like listening to Ed.

I haven't watched NipTuck in about 3 weeks...when we moved we switched to Time Warner tivo...not liking it near as much as DirectTV...anyway, somehow the Time Warner setup keeps forgetting to record some of my shows and NipTuck is one of them.

Boston Legal was a little more suggestive last night than it has been before and it just cracks me up that William Shatner's character is the way he is. Just way until you watch it on TIVO and you'll know what made me go :eek:

I have Dish Network and my DVR likes to not record shows sometimes...or record shows that I don't even schedule. Like Monday night, it decided to only record the first 10 seconds of What About Brian and I was not very happy. It says the recording was stopped...but I was at the Stars game so I'm not sure how that happened. This isn't the first time it's happened but I don't want to have them swap out my box because then I will lose some of the shows that I've taped unless there is a way to transfer them to a new DVR.

marlin fan
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
ITS A TV SHOW NOW!!?!??!

44INAROW
10-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
ITS A TV SHOW NOW!!?!??!

see what happens B - you go hang out with the 2A guys and they don't keep you informed of what's going on :D :D :D

marlin fan
10-25-2006, 01:39 PM
what tv station does it come on

44INAROW
10-25-2006, 01:49 PM
what tv station does it come on

NBC @ 7 pm on Tuesday nights :)

marlin fan
10-25-2006, 01:51 PM
NBC @ 7 pm on Tuesday nights :) OH WOW!! LOCAL STATIONS I GET THOSE!!:) TO BAD I HAVE CLASS AT 7:30 ON TUESDAYS

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 02:02 PM
OH WOW!! LOCAL STATIONS I GET THOSE!!:) TO BAD I HAVE CLASS AT 7:30 ON TUESDAYS

I'm pretty sure you can go to www.nbc.com and watch all of the episodes.

Adidas410s
10-25-2006, 02:04 PM
see what happens B - you go hang out with the 2A guys and they don't keep you informed of what's going on :D :D :D

There's a 2A board??? :confused: ;)

marlin fan
10-25-2006, 02:05 PM
There's a 2A board??? :confused: ;) YES WE HAVE 4 OR 5 OF THEM THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nerd: :hand:

marlin fan
10-25-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm pretty sure you can go to www.nbc.com and watch all of the episodes. THANKS!!

Old Tiger
10-25-2006, 02:08 PM
I watch it. I thought it was funny how the Coach told the QB to get the girl he likes in the back seat of his car and it turns out it was his daughter.

44INAROW
10-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I watch it. I thought it was funny how the Coach told the QB to get the girl he likes in the back seat of his car and it turns out it was his daughter.

how'd you like the eye contact between the QB and the coach at the dance recital? too funny....... then the wife asks what's wrong and the coach says "I think I just told that boy to get our daughter in the back seat of his car"

Old Tiger
10-25-2006, 02:22 PM
how'd you like the eye contact between the QB and the coach at the dance recital? too funny....... then the wife asks what's wrong and the coach says "I think I just told that boy to get our daughter in the back seat of his car" lol....

On another note I think they took rivalry week a little to extreme.

GreenMachine
10-25-2006, 02:38 PM
how'd you like the eye contact between the QB and the coach at the dance recital? too funny....... then the wife asks what's wrong and the coach says "I think I just told that boy to get our daughter in the back seat of his car" That was hilarious! But, after watching this show, I'm glad I have two sons. I think having daughters would drive me insane worrying about them in the backseat of a car.

handNthedirt
10-25-2006, 02:57 PM
A couple of my coaches from high school are now at Pflugerville high (where part of the show is filmed) and in the show, their home field is appropriately named "Herrmann Field" after my old coach George Herrmann who is now the Head man there at P-ville, and my D-line coach made an appearance in the first episode....Coach Zernow was dog cussing the O-line at halftime, he's the coach with the rolled up towel around his neck and tucked into his shirt. Pure greatness! The show is alright, a little too dramatic, but it beats the hell outta most tv shows out there nowadays promoting drug use, homosexuality, and what not.

44INAROW
10-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
That was hilarious! But, after watching this show, I'm glad I have two sons. I think having daughters would drive me insane worrying about them in the backseat of a car.
my oldest son has 2 girls - 10 yrs and 5 yrs - he's already said they aren't dating until they are 21 LOL......... :p

handNthedirt
10-25-2006, 03:02 PM
I have a 15 month old daughter...I already plan on kicking kids asses that aren't even 3 years old yet.

GreenMachine
10-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
I have a 15 month old daughter...I already plan on kicking kids asses that aren't even 3 years old yet. Keep those youngsters in line :D