PDA

View Full Version : You won't believe this

CenTexSports
10-24-2006, 05:52 PM
I am in Utah right now and I was flipping through the channels when I saw a live high school footbal sports report. They were having a playoff "play-in" game. Two teams were playing ONE HALF of a game and the winner of this half would play the second half against ANOTHER team and the winner of the second half goes on to the playoffs. These were 5a schools.

Have you ever heard of anything like this?

Emerson1
10-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Utah is weird enough as it is.

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I am in Utah right now and I was flipping through the channels when I saw a live high school footbal sports report. They were having a playoff "play-in" game. Two teams were playing ONE HALF of a game and the winner of this half would play the second half against ANOTHER team and the winner of the second half goes on to the playoffs. These were 5a schools.

Have you ever heard of anything like this?

It gets real cold early with lots of snow in Utah. My guess is they do this to get through the playoffs quickly. As long as they keep score I don't have a problem with it! LOL

and no participation ribbons please.

Antec
10-24-2006, 06:01 PM
In Minnesota

Teams can go winless an still make the playoffs

eagles_victory
10-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

Have you ever heard of anything like this? Mormons :rolleyes: lol

exbulldog06
10-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Mormons :rolleyes: lol

haha

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Utah is weird enough as it is.

I'll second that :clap: :clap: :clap:

thatboiwes
10-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Hey, let's not talk bad about Mormons, I am one myself.

And there is nothing wrong with Utah. I lived there for 2 years and loved it. It would be 30-40 degrees with knee deep snow and I would wear shorts outside. The lack of humidity made for GREAT weather. I would love to move back there one day.

Old Tiger
10-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Damn Morman's(spelling) and their state!

Bulldog_12
10-24-2006, 11:44 PM
You're so right, I dont believe it. How did you know I would say that?

Stownhorse
10-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Mormons :rolleyes: lol

my first thought when I read this thread lol :clap: :clap: :clap:

CHS_Grad '85
10-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Must be some more of that political correctness stuff... "everybody" gets to play... :rolleyes:

AggieJohn
10-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Mormons :rolleyes: lol it's morons:D

thatboiwes
10-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Antec
In Minnesota

Teams can go winless an still make the playoffs

How is that?