PDA

View Full Version : start romo

coach
10-24-2006, 02:47 PM
he is a better qb now he makes plays with his feet. he threw for 227 yards and two td's...what did u expect him to come out perfect.. he is virtually a rookie...he is goin to make boneheaded mistakes (brett farve)...yes i said it he plays like him, dosent have the arm strength.. he is the right man...also the players play harder when he is in it is obvious they like him more. if they want to make the playoffs you play romo

Gsquared
10-24-2006, 02:50 PM
It was announced earlier this afternoon that Romo would now be the starter. Dont matter much, O Line is terrible.

coach
10-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
It was announced earlier this afternoon that Romo would now be the starter. Dont matter much, O Line is terrible.

yeah the line is pretty bad but i love watching him play he MAKES plays

Adidas410s
10-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by coach
yeah the line is pretty bad but i love watching him play he MAKES plays

and he also MAKES mistakes...

That being said...his numbers were pretty good for 1 half of football. Completing over 60% of his passes for 200+ yards...not too shabby. Hopefully he can learn to work past his errors. Granted, they did throw the ball A LOT in the 2nd half and ignored the running game...

What I want to know is if he was ready to play this week...then why not let him play a full game last week against Houston? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Cameron Crazy
10-24-2006, 02:55 PM
he is a better qb now he makes plays with his feet. he threw for 227 yards and two td's...what did u expect him to come out perfect.. he is virtually a rookie...he is goin to make boneheaded mistakes (brett farve)...yes i said it he plays like him, dosent have the arm strength.. he is the right man...also the players play harder when he is in it is obvious they like him more. if they want to make the playoffs you play romo I agree!

pirate4state
10-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
and he also MAKES mistakes...

That being said...his numbers were pretty good for 1 half of football. Completing over 60% of his passes for 200+ yards...not too shabby. Hopefully he can learn to work past his errors. Granted, they did throw the ball A LOT in the 2nd half and ignored the running game...

What I want to know is if he was ready to play this week...then why not let him play a full game last week against Houston? That just doesn't make any sense to me. politics...

I'm excited to see what he can do for 4 qtrs!! :clap:

Emerson1
10-24-2006, 05:32 PM
I think all his picks were when he went under center. They need to be in shotgun alot more, the o line isn't good enough for a deep drop.

coach
10-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think all his picks were when he went under center. They need to be in shotgun alot more, the o line isn't good enough for a deep drop.

i think your right if you take those away though he play magnificent ppl are bein to hard on him like my faggot roommate who is in love with bledsoe and we almost faught about it bc he is to stubborn and ignorant to know what he is talkin about

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Bledsoe is likely to ask for his release and end up in Seattle. Trade him to Seattle for something instead of a release. He has said he wouldnt be backup before and that he rather retire or sign with somebody else

coach
10-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Bledsoe is likely to ask for his release and end up in Seattle. Trade him to Seattle for something instead of a release. He has said he wouldnt be backup before and that he rather retire or sign with somebody else

he is just cryin bc he wants to play trade him for a lineman

coach
10-24-2006, 06:23 PM
he is just cryin bc he wants to play trade him for a lineman

wait nm if we do that we have to sign another qb bc we now only got one

Keith7
10-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Romo is overrated.. As an Eagles's fan I am looking forward to what a joke the Cowboys will be the rest of the year... hahaha :devil: :devil:

eagles_victory
10-24-2006, 06:29 PM
i think the trade deadline has passed.

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Romo is overrated.. As an Eagles's fan I am looking forward to what a joke the Cowboys will be the rest of the year... hahaha :devil: :devil:
Iggles fan...:hand:
Iggles are over-rated...:clap:

setxsports
10-24-2006, 06:30 PM
It doesn't matter who starts because if they don's get an OL it won't matter.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2006, 06:30 PM
yes hes overrated hes not the best QB, hes not there yet ;)

eagles_victory
10-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Romo is overrated.. As an Eagles's fan I am looking forward to what a joke the Cowboys will be the rest of the year... hahaha :devil: :devil: when did the eagles sign rhonde barber? Hes Mcnabbs new number one reciever since T.O. left

mrescape43
10-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by **********
It doesn't matter who starts because if they don's get an OL it won't matter.

You are exactly right!

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 06:47 PM
I hope I'm wrong....but I think the Iggles fan is right.

I smell another lacking QB that Dallas is trying to just throw in there to see if they get lucky and find a Tom Brady. What we need to do is actually draft a solid QB instead of wannabes.

mrescape43
10-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
I hope I'm wrong....but I think the Iggles fan is right.

I smell another lacking QB that Dallas is trying to just throw in there to see if they get lucky and find a Tom Brady. What we need to do is actually draft a solid QB instead of wannabes.

Peyton Manning wouldn't be very successful with the Cowboys offensive line.

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43

True but a QB can't do what Bledsoe does. As soon as he feels pressure he goes into the fetal position...he has the agility of a lightpole.

Romo can move around better but I don't think a QB from Eastern Illinois is the answer.

Keith7
10-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43

I bet he would, just because he can make his reads quicker.. when I see Romo out there, I see a guy who is uncertain with himself and where to go with the football, I have a feeling he will struggle and Cowboys fans will be yelling for Bledsoe again real soon

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 06:59 PM
True but a QB can't do what Bledsoe does. As soon as he feels pressure he goes into the fetal position...he has the agility of a lightpole.

lol
As much as I think Bledsoe is still a decent QB, watching him flinch last night when Strahan was 4 steps from him was just embarrassing. :doh:

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 07:02 PM
I have a feeling he will struggle and Cowboys fans will be yelling for Bledsoe again real soon
I have that same feeling. Realistically though, drafting a new QB and developing him for another few years might be the only option, with of course upgrading the O-line.

Keith7
10-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I have that same feeling. Realistically though, drafting a new QB and developing him for another few years might be the only option, with of course upgrading the O-line.

Cowboys should draft a QB high, and rebuild their line thru Free Agency, and trading late draft picks, and boom alls better

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Cowboys should draft a QB high, and rebuild their line thru Free Agency, and trading late draft picks, and boom alls better

Although I'd like Dallas to draft Brady Quinn... :D

I think Drew Stanton or Troy Smith would be more realistic (he's not even one of the top 10 prospects right now :eek: )
Stanton would be ranked high in the Heisman race if he didn't play for a team like Michigan St.

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Looks good to me but I haven't yet given up on Romo yet. He's played half a game so who knows? I'm cautiously optimistic.;)
That O-line... goodness.:( Noone can deny that the Cowboys have lost every game they played when going against a decent defensive line. The season isn't over by any stretch of the imagination but jeez how can you let Strahan through unblocked? Those Giants looked very hungry last night, but come on????:(

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Those Giants looked very hungry last night, but come on????:(

Lol alot of teams look very hungry against the Cowboys ><

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2006, 07:13 PM
so what ya'll are saying is 4-2 and 3-3 with one game seperation and 10 games left is too much for the cowboys to overcome. Eagles 4-3 they are awesome but same losses as Dallas. lol 6-4 the rest of the way will put them at 9-7 with maybe a playoff chance and if they can stop the turnover bug 7-3 is realistic the rest of the way. 10-6 wont get u a top QB but will get u a QB from eastern illinois who is the next wannabe Bret Favre.

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Lol alot of teams look very hungry against the Cowboys ><
lol
I'd say the Texans, Redskins and Titans looked like they just came off a non-Chinese buffet when they played da Boys.:p
Well, the Giants knew they to blitz the heck out of Bledsoe to win and well, it worked better than I hoped to see.
SFiA, I don't think anyone has given up on a playoff hope. Just some of the usual venting and scheming.:nerd:

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 07:26 PM
yeah a couple of time there looked to be about 3 or 4 extra people rushing Bledsoe

(the OL)

might as well give em new uniforms at this rate

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2006, 07:28 PM
yeah a couple of time there looked to be about 3 or 4 extra people rushing Bledsoe

(the OL)

might as well give em new uniforms at this rate

that would account for that time i saw 3 guys blocking on one guy while two came in free:(

Emerson1
10-24-2006, 07:34 PM
It sometimes seems like the oline doesn't know what the person next to it is going to do.

I remember once sack where the TE went out for a pass, and the DE that was over him went untouched. The RT blocked down, just seemed like he though the TE was gonna stay and block.

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
that would account for that time i saw 3 guys blocking on one guy while two came in free:(
Yeah, that did look bad. Was that the play where Bledsoe was sacked for the safety?
I still say give Romo his chance and don't give up on him immediately. In Bledsoe's defense he was one bad pass from tying that game up in Philly.:(

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Hmmmm

finnnnnnnnnnnnnee.....

We'll see about Romo

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Hmmmm

finnnnnnnnnnnnnee.....

We'll see about Romo
If Romo loses the next two games you'll here that famous "Romo chant"... you know, the one where everyone says, "Romo is a homo, Romo is a homo, Romo is a homo". Look for it if he doesn't win.:p

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 07:56 PM
If Romo loses the next two games you'll here that famous "Romo chant"... you know, the one where everyone says, "Romo is a homo, Romo is a homo, Romo is a homo". Look for it if he doesn't win.:p

Lol I'll be watching for that.

If he does too bad I may be there chanting it too :mad:

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Isn't Patrick Crayton the emergency QB? :thinking:

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 08:18 PM
LET'S PUT CRAYTON AT QB :p

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 08:23 PM

I think Drew Stanton or Troy Smith would be more realistic (he's not even one of the top 10 prospects right now :eek: )
Stanton would be ranked high in the Heisman race if he didn't play for a team like Michigan St.
Is that Mizzou QB ready to commit?;)
That would be great to have a home-grown product like that playing for the Cowboys.:cool: :clap:

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 08:29 PM
He's not listed in the Top 50 projected prospects....

Is he eligible to go to the NFL? I thought he was only a sophomore but maybe I'm mistaken. I don't keep up with the Big XII much :p

He certainly looks talented, maybe he will change his mind later in the season.

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 08:35 PM
I've been watching that Southlake prospect all season. He looks talented, but real raw for the NFL now.
Congrats on the 100th post btw.:)

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Thank you :D

What is that Mizzou QB classified as?

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Thank you :D

What is that Mizzou QB classified as?
Here's his bio(he's listed as a sophmore):

Chase Daniel
Chase Daniel

Player Profile
Class:
Sophomore
Hometown:
Southlake, Texas
High School:
Carroll

Height / Weight:
6-0 / 225
Position:
Quarterback
Experience:
1L

2006 OUTLOOK

Highly regarded quarterback who has the inside track to being the successor to Brad Smith at the signal caller position for Mizzou ... Enters fall camp listed No. 1 on the depth chart at quarterback, after a strong spring camp that he capped with a virtually flawless performance at the 2006 Black & Gold Spring Game ... Completed 11-of-12 passes in the scrimmage for 120 yards and 2 TDs with no interceptions ... Earned playing time as a true freshman during the 2005 season, and he saw action in 10 games and gained valuable playing experience ... Has a fearless mentality that translates well into the intangible category of leadership, and also possesses a great knowledge of the game, to go along with his considerable athletic skills.

2005 SEASON

The 2004 EA Sports National High School Player of the Year who won the backup job in fall camp, despite his true freshman status ... Saw action in 10 games, as Tiger coaches tried to give him a series or two in most games to prepare him for the future ... Completed nearly 60% of his passes, going 38-of-66 for 347 yards and 1 TD, with 2 INTs ... Also rushed 39 times for 57 yards and 1 TD ... Did more than just prepare for next season against Iowa State, as he relieved an injured Brad Smith in the 4th quarter of the Iowa State game, and rallied Mizzou from a 10-point deficit with just 8 minutes left, as the Tigers won in overtime, 27-24 ... Entered the ISU game on a 3rd-and-10 situation on his own 25 yardline with just under 9 minutes left in the game, and MU trailing, 24-14 ... Calmly hit WR Brad Ekwerekwu for 13 yards to keep the drive alive, and later connected with fellow true freshman TE Chase Coffman for 25 yards on a 4th-and-7 to keep the chains moving ... Led Tigers to a FG on that drive, and after a defensive stop, led MU on an 11-play, 87-yard drive for the tying score that came on a 4-yard TD pass to WR Sean Coffey with just 20 seconds left ... In OT, after ISU missed a long FG try, Daniel guided the Tigers down to the 9-yardline, and the winning Adam Crossett field goal ... Ended the game 16-of-23 passing for 185 yards and the 1 TD ... Saw action in 2 series in the bowl game against South Carolina, and converted on a 4th down keeper in the 3rd quarter to help keep a long MU drive alive ... Played in every game except against New Mexico and Baylor ... Scored the 1st TD of his collegiate career in game #3 against Troy, on a 1-yard plunge in the 4th quarter.

HIGH SCHOOL

One of the most highly accomplished high school athletes to ever accept a scholarship to Mizzou, who came to MU after being named the 2004 EA Sports National High School Player of the Year on the strength of impressive team and individual accomplishments ... Proved to be one of the best dual-threat QBs in the country over the last two years, as he led a record-setting offensive attack that was deadly both in the air and on the ground ... Ranked as the No. 3 quarterback prospect nationally, according to analyst Max Emfinger ... Led his Southlake Carroll team to a perfect 16-0 record in 2004 and a Class 5A state championship, in addition to a No. 1 national ranking and mythical national championship by numerous publications, including USA Today and Student Sports Magazine ... Is described by his coach as a winner, and the facts back that up, as he played QB for his final two years, and all he did was lead his team to 31 wins in 32 games, one state title and one state runner-up showing ... Played wideout as a sophomore and was part of another state championship squad that went 16-0, and was QB on the freshman team in 2001 that went 9-1 for a four-year record at Southlake of 56-2, including 47-1 on the varsity ... Two-year varsity QB stats included 11,252 total yards and 127 TDs, as he completed 529-of-811 passes for 8,298 yards and 91 TDs and added 2,954 rushing yards and 39 TDs ... Was a two-time state Class 5A player of the year, winning the award in each of his last two years ... Senior season statistics included 6,042 yards of total offense and 70 total TDs ... As a senior, completed 298-of-461 passes for 4,617 yards and 49 TDs with only 14 interceptions, while he also ran 248 times for 1,425 yards and 21 more TDs ... Drove his team 49 yards in the state championship game to set up a game-winning field goal as time expired to keep the perfect season alive ... Ended the title game with 295 yards passing and 1 TD and 84 yards rushing ... Was outstanding on a rare national television appearance for the high school ranks, when he led his team to a 52-27 win in October over rival Denton Ryan that was shown on ESPN2 ... Threw for 3 TDs in the game and ran for 2 more as he had 351 yards passing and 98 running on the night ... As a junior, threw for 3,681 yards and 42 TDs while rushing for 1,529 yards and 18 TDs in leading Carroll to a 15-1 record and 5A runner-up showing ... More honors include: EA Sports 1st-Team All-American (multipurpose) in 2004; Parade All-American in 2004; 1st-Team all-state in 2003 and 2004; 1st-Team all-district and all-area in 2003 and 2004, among many others ... Won 2nd-Team all-district honors as a wide receiver in 2002, as he caught 53 passes for 675 yards ... An outstanding all-around athlete who is also a 1st-Team all-district pitcher/outfielder in baseball, and a member of his school's sprint relay team in track ... High school coach - Todd Dodge, who was a standout college QB with the University of Texas.

PERSONAL

Son of Bill & Vickie Daniel ... Chose MU over Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Maryland, Stanford and many others ... Likes to relax in his down time by playing video games ... An outstanding student who was a member of National Honor Society and a member of his school's student council for multiple years ... Academic interest lies in business finance.

DANIEL CAREER PASSING STATISTICS

G-GS Comp.-Att. Pct. Yds. TDs INTs Rating
2005 10-0 38-66 57.6% 347 1 2 100.68
Totals 10-0 38-66 57.6% 347 1 2 100.68

DANIEL CAREER RUSHING STATISTICS

Att. Yds. Avg. TD Long
2005 39 57 1.5 1 8
Totals 39 57 1.5 1 8

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Wow :clap:

I wonder if they can hang w/ the rest of the Big XII...He's already considered among the elite of that conference.

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 08:51 PM
I know his 2006 stats are better. He makes Mizzou much better this year. I've tried to watch him if I get the chance.

Keith7
10-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Chase Daniels is too short for the NFL, although i'd like to see him make it

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 08:52 PM
I had a chance to go to the Mizzou/TTech game.

I regret not going now :(

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Chase Daniels is too short for the NFL, although i'd like to see him make it
How tall was Fluty?:thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2006, 09:09 PM

4'10"?

Keith7
10-24-2006, 09:09 PM

and how much playing time did Flutie get in the NFL?? Daniels is goin to have to play in the CFL

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 09:11 PM
and how much playing time did Flutie get in the NFL?? Daniels is goin to have to play in the CFL
lol@SFiA.:D
Well, Daniel could grow 2" and be just about right.:p

NDFootball
10-24-2006, 09:13 PM
he's 5'10

JasperDog94
10-25-2006, 12:02 PM
I think the verdict is still out on Romo. Give the guy a chance before you say he's terrible. These next three road games will test him for sure.

GreenMachine
10-25-2006, 02:57 PM

Stanton would be ranked high in the Heisman race if he didn't play for a team like Michigan St. I thought this would ge a rise out of the "ND is overrated" posters. :D

PHS Wildcats
10-25-2006, 03:09 PM
If you think the Giants defense was good, wait until Sunday night when Julius Peppers and the Carolina Panther defense get done with him.:clap:

JasperDog94
10-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
If you think the Giants defense was good, wait until Sunday night when Julius Peppers and the Carolina Panther defense get done with him.:clap: How about this...you tell us what team you support and then start supporting them instead of taking shots at the cowboys every chance you get.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

handNthedirt
10-25-2006, 03:40 PM
What did ya'll expect to happen Sunday? The Boys were going against the same Giant D that sacked Vick 7 times the week before! Romo, imo, is now the right man for the job. He can make more plays than Bledsoe on athletic ability alone, but he'll also make more mistakes due to his lack of experience. I too noticed that they were playing harder with Romo in there, and did anyone notice that if the offense was on the sideline, TO was right beside Romo everytime. Smart reciever.

pirate4state
10-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
What did ya'll expect to happen Sunday? The Boys were going against the same Giant D that sacked Vick 7 times the week before! Romo, imo, is now the right man for the job. He can make more plays than Bledsoe on athletic ability alone, but he'll also make more mistakes due to his lack of experience. I too noticed that they were playing harder with Romo in there, and did anyone notice that if the offense was on the sideline, TO was right beside Romo everytime. Smart reciever. Guess we'll find out soon enough. TO & Romo are friends!! :eek: Shocking, I know! ;)

handNthedirt
10-25-2006, 03:48 PM
I've heard from numerous, very reliable, sources that TO is a great guy.

Emerson1
10-25-2006, 04:15 PM
I've heard from numerous cowboys they are glad he is there. Parcells and the media are the only ones who treat him different.

Now that Romo is starting I think the ball will be spread out more. Romo had alot of PT with the 3rd and 4th receivers in preseason. He won't force the ball to Glenn like bledsoe was.

PHS Wildcats
10-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
How about this...you tell us what team you support and then start supporting them instead of taking shots at the cowboys every chance you get.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My team isn't doing too well this season, Pittsburgh, right now we are 2-4, but I'm willing to bet that we'll end up with a better record than the lil 'boys

NDFootball
10-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I thought this would ge a rise out of the "ND is overrated" posters. :D

Lol. So many people think ND is overrated. That's an argument for another day, but Brady Quinn IS NOT overrated. He is a great QB. :clap:

PHS Wildcats
10-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Lol. So many people think ND is overrated. That's an argument for another day, but Brady Quinn IS NOT overrated. He is a great QB. :clap:

Too easy!!:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
10-26-2006, 10:21 AM
If you think the Giants defense was good, wait until Sunday night when Julius Peppers and the Carolina Panther defense get done with him.:clap:

How about this...you tell us what team you support and then start supporting them instead of taking shots at the cowboys every chance you get.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting...

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 10:29 AM
My team isn't doing too well this season, Pittsburgh, right now we are 2-4, but I'm willing to bet that we'll end up with a better record than the lil 'boys

what are you waiting for JASPERDOG...I think they answered!!!

pirate4state
10-26-2006, 10:30 AM
My team isn't doing too well this season, Pittsburgh, right now we are 2-4, but I'm willing to bet that we'll end up with a better record than the lil 'boys Only if Big Ben can keep from getting his bell rung every 4 months. :p

JasperDog94
10-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
what are you waiting for JASPERDOG...I think they answered!!! :nerd: :nerd:

Sorry about that.

kaorder1999
10-26-2006, 10:40 AM
just trying to give you a hard time!!

JasperDog94
10-26-2006, 10:40 AM
My team isn't doing too well this season, Pittsburgh, right now we are 2-4, but I'm willing to bet that we'll end up with a better record than the lil 'boys That's the difference between us. I respect Pittsburg. Cower is a great coach and I like him. I don't like the Steelers, but I'm not gonna bad mouth them every chance I get.

pirate4state
10-26-2006, 10:43 AM
That's the difference between us. I respect Pittsburg. Cower is a great coach and I like him. I don't like the Steelers, but I'm not gonna bad mouth them every chance I get. The only team I don't like is the REDSKINS & their stupid owner!! :mad:

I love Bill Cowher!!! :thumbsup: "LET'S GO!!!"

wedo
10-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I've heard from numerous cowboys they are glad he is there. Parcells and the media are the only ones who treat him different.

Now that Romo is starting I think the ball will be spread out more. Romo had alot of PT with the 3rd and 4th receivers in preseason. He won't force the ball to Glenn like bledsoe was.

You could also tell that he was trying to do too much!! Well he kinda had to b/c they were losing by a couple of scores already so i don't blame if for that!!!

g$$
10-26-2006, 04:47 PM

Doug Flutie played for a long time in the CFL & NFL. He had a solid career. Started for Chicago, played for New England & Buffalo too. Won the Heisman Trophy. He did something right to hang around that long. He was around 5'9" tall.

Talked to a guy who played basketball with Flutie & Eric Moulds in Buffalo. He said Flutie was the best athlete on the floor, could run all day & even dunk easliy. I would not knock the guy.

Drew Brees is about the same height as Chase Daniel. Let it play out. Daniel is only a true sophomore & makes plays.

Keith7
10-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Doug Flutie played for a long time in the CFL & NFL. He had a solid career. Started for Chicago, played for New England & Buffalo too. Won the Heisman Trophy. He did something right to hang around that long. He was around 5'9" tall.

Talked to a guy who played basketball with Flutie & Eric Moulds in Buffalo. He said Flutie was the best athlete on the floor, could run all day & even dunk easliy. I would not knock the guy.

Drew Brees is about the same height as Chase Daniel. Let it play out. Daniel is only a true sophomore & makes plays.

I wasn't knockin him.. Flutie has a special place in my heart too..

I was just trying to say that when NFL scouts do look at Daniels they are going to say he is too short, and you are right about Drew Brees being just as short, and that has been something that scouts have critisized him about too since he came into the league

Keith7
10-26-2006, 05:10 PM

:doh: :doh: :D :D :confused: :confused: haha thats funny.. i've heard that numerous of times too, from McNabb, Jeff Garcia, San Fransico's and Dallas' WR coaches, Hugh Douglas, Andy Reid, the Baltimore Ravens, Bill Parcells, the 35 pills he tryed to kill himself with, they all think T.O. is a GREAT guy! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

g$$
10-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Agreed. And Brees keeps getting it done too.

"Measureables" are just what scouts do in every sport. They don't reveal heart, toughness, smarts, etc. The Texans picked Mario Williams based solely on his combine. The best scouts determine if a guy can play the game & go from there. In baseball, we call it the science over the #s. The radar gun does not determine if a guy can pitch by itself, it's just a useful tool.

Flutie maximized everything he had. Love the underdog.

neck_06
10-26-2006, 05:48 PM
If Romo starts then the Cowboys will be without a backup QB, because Bledsoe is going to lay down.

"I don't support the decision. I think that I give the team the best chance to win."

-Drew Bledsoe

(he's a great team player) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Keith7
10-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
If Romo starts then the Cowboys will be without a backup QB, because Bledsoe is going to lay down.

"I don't support the decision. I think that I give the team the best chance to win."

-Drew Bledsoe

(he's a great team player) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did u want him to say that he gives up, Romo is better and he sucks??

coach
10-26-2006, 06:09 PM
what a team player does what a leader does is what kurt warner did. you go to the rookie and you tell them hey they run this defense or whatch out for this guy he is good or this reciever likes to do this u dont sit on the side line and hold your damn shouldeer pads like a baby and pout to parcells and look like a little bratt. thats so immature act like a veteran and help your team. i used to dislike bledsoe now i hate him...selfish....how selfish can u get

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2006, 06:40 PM
R O M O

M V P