PDA

View Full Version : One thing I'm fed up with

Old Tiger
10-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Is the commentators and so called "expert" anaylist guys on ESPN and every other sports network that sit there and bash Terrell Owens. They see Terrell doing something and they go straight to their accusations and hating on him. It is rediculous how THEY want Terrell to be the bad guy. Sorry for bringing this up in a thread it is just something i'm sick and tired of hearing about. Terrell has not had any incidents since in Dallas and they still are singling him out and making him seem like a bad guy. Sure he wore a Biker jersey to mini camp while he was on the bike because of his hamstring injury. They laughed whenever Clintin Portis wore those rediculous outfits and acted like another person. Also they made a big deal out of him being "injured" as they would say that he is just faking and all that and made a bigger deal out of it than it was. At the same time Steve Smith and Heinz Ward both had the same injury during mini camp/pre-season and nothing was said. Ok I'm through.

3afan
10-24-2006, 02:12 PM
feel better ???

Old Tiger
10-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
feel better ??? Yes I was just watching 1st and 10 on ESPN and they were making more accusations about Terrell and along with all the BS last night it is rediculous

3afan
10-24-2006, 02:15 PM
yeah i thought Kornheiser went a bit overboard last night ...

pirate4state
10-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Is the commentators and so called "expert" anaylist guys on ESPN and every other sports network that sit there and bash Terrell Owens. They see Terrell doing something and they go straight to their accusations and hating on him. It is rediculous how THEY want Terrell to be the bad guy. Sorry for bringing this up in a thread it is just something i'm sick and tired of hearing about. Terrell has not had any incidents since in Dallas and they still are singling him out and making him seem like a bad guy. Sure he wore a Biker jersey to mini camp while he was on the bike because of his hamstring injury. They laughed whenever Clintin Portis wore those rediculous outfits and acted like another person. Also they made a big deal out of him being "injured" as they would say that he is just faking and all that and made a bigger deal out of it than it was. At the same time Steve Smith and Heinz Ward both had the same injury during mini camp/pre-season and nothing was said. Ok I'm through. Let me help you http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/images/smilies/soapbox.gif. ;)

g$$
10-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Might have something to do with his history at San Fran & Philly. TO is a "ME" guy. Great talent, but he divided 2 teams previously. Dallas & Jerry Jones knew exactly what they were getting. Maybe some of that $25 million could have been used on better O-linemen to protect the qb & run the ball better.

I have no sympathy for TO or Jerry Jones. 2 peas in a pod. Both egomaniacs. Good to see Jerry back on the sidelines last night doing his thing!! The man just ought to make himself coach one year & show the world what he thinks he knows about football (yes I know he played at Arkansas). Parcells looks tired of this act to me. Dallas is 3-3 & going nowhere fast.

Hupernikomen
10-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
yeah i thought Kornheiser went a bit overboard last night ...

He sure did that was ridiculous. I felt like just turning down the volume to watch the game. Those announcers are horrible. Almost zero football knowledge among the whole lot of them..if they know anything about what was happening on the field I sure didn't hear it.

"TO is a cry-baby" "Not Bledsoe's fault" "Strahan is good"...

wedo
10-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Yes I was just watching 1st and 10 on ESPN and they were making more accusations about Terrell and along with all the BS last night it is rediculous

What do those guys on 1st and 10 know??? Not that much!! Have they ever played a sport??? how do get a job like that is what i want to know?? Skip and woody have probably never met or talked to T.O. before nor are they in the locker room with him so how would they know him?? They don't!!

g$$
10-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Woody Paige & Skip Bayless are both long-time sportswriters who have covered the NFL & other stuff for years. Paige worked in Denver for years & Bayless in Dallas & the Bay Area. They both can be annoying but both have been in locker rooms & covered TO many times.

Not saying I agree with them, but they do have contacts & inside scoop from many years in the business. They are paid to be controversial by ESPN.

wedo
10-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Woody Paige & Skip Bayless are both long-time sportswriters who have covered the NFL & other stuff for years. Paige worked in Denver for years & Bayless in Dallas & the Bay Area. They both can be annoying but both have been in locker rooms & covered TO many times.

Not saying I agree with them, but they do have contacts & inside scoop from many years in the business. They are paid to be controversial by ESPN.

They still never played!!! and being a sportswritter means nothing most of them just know stats !! And all they know and talk about is the he said she said bull !!!