PDA

View Full Version : In-Depth Region IV Playoff Picture and Projection

WOS87
10-24-2006, 04:12 AM
TEAMS IN *RED* HAVE CLINCHED A PLAYOFF BERTH

DISTRICT 25 Standings after Week 10
(numbers in parentheses are enrollment ranking)

(2) *Wimberley* 3-0 (9-1)
(1) *Bandera* 2-1 (4-6)
(3) *Llano* 1-2 (6-4)
(4) Ingram Moore 0-3 (0-10)

Week 10 Games

Bandera - 42
Ingram Moore - 6

Wimberley - 42
Llano - 7

Division I - (1) Bandera 2-1 (4-6)
Division II Top Seed - (2) Wimberley 3-0 (9-1)
Division II Runnerup - (3) Llano 1-2 (6-4)

DISTRICT 26 Standings after Week 10

(3) *Luling* 3-0 (7-3)
(1) *La Vernia* 2-1 (7-3)
(4) *Marion* 1-2 (3-7)
(2) South San Antonio West 0-3 (5-5)

Week 10 Games

Marion - 35
South San Antonio West - 14

Luling - 28
La Vernia - 27

Division I - (1) La Vernia 2-1 (7-3)
Division II Top Seed - (3) Luling 3-0 (7-3)
Division II Runnerup - (4) Marion 1-2 (3-7)

DISTRICT 27 Standings after Week 10

(2) *Medina Valley* 4-0 (7-3)
(1) *Pleasanton* 3-1 (5-5)
(5) *Lytle* 2-2 (6-4)
(3) Somerset 1-3 (4-6)
(4) Poteet 0-4 (2-8)

Week 10 Games

Medina Valley - 21
Lytle - 17

Somerset - 48
Poteet - 14

Division I - (1) Pleasanton 3-1 (5-5)
Division II Top Seed - (2) Medina Valley 4-0 (7-3)
Division II Runnerup - (5) Lytle 2-2 (6-4)

DISTRICT 28 Standings after Week 10

(3) *Hondo* 4-0 (10-0)
(5) *Devine* 3-1 (9-1)
(1) *Pearsall* 2-2 (3-7)
(4) Crystal City 1-3 (3-7)
(2) Carrizo Springs 0-4 (0-10)

Week 10 Games

Hondo - 38
Devine - 13

Pearsall - 21
Carrizo Springs - 6

Division I - (1) Pearsall 2-2 (3-7)
Division II Top Seed - (3) Hondo 4-0 (10-0)
Division II Runnerup - (5) Devine 3-1 (9-1)

DISTRICT 29 Standings after Week 10

(2) *Cuero* 4-0 (10-0)
(1) *Gonzales* 3-1 (3-7)
(3) *Yoakum* 2-2 (5-5)
(4) Palacios 1-3 (3-7)
(5) Goliad 0-4 (2-8)

Week 10 Games

Cuero - 29
Goliad - 6

Yoakum - 20
Palacios - 16

Division I - (1) Gonzales 3-1 (3-7)
Division II Top Seed - (2) Cuero 4-0 (10-0)
Division II Runnerup - (3) Yoakum 2-2 (5-5)

WOS87
10-24-2006, 04:12 AM
DISTRICT 30 Standings after Week 10

(1) *Ingleside* 5-0 (9-1)
(6) *Orange Grove* 4-1 (9-1)
(2) *Sinton* 3-2 (4-6)
(3) Mathis 2-3 (4-6)
(5) CC West Oso 1-4 (4-6)
(4) Aransas Pass 0-5 (3-7)

Week 10 Games

Mathis - 20
Aransas Pass - 14

Ingleside - 31
Sinton - 6

Orange Grove - 44
CC West Oso - 7

Division I - (1) Ingleside 5-0 (9-1)
Division II Top Seed - (6) Orange Grove 4-1 (9-1)
Division II Runnerup - (2) Sinton 3-2 (4-6)

DISTRICT 31 Standings after Week 10

(2) *Raymondville* 3-1 (6-4)
(1) *Zapata* 4-0 (6-4)
(5) *Lyford* 2-2 (4-5)
(3) Falfurrias 1-3 (3-7)
(4) San Diego 0-4 (0-10)

Week 10 Games

Falfurrias - 35
San Diego - 8

Zapata - 29
Lyford - 28

Division I - (1) Zapata 4-0 (6-4)
Division II Top Seed - (2) Raymondville 3-1 (6-4)
Division II Runnerup - (5) Lyford 2-2 (4-5)

DISTRICT 32 Standings after Week 10

(3) *Port Isabel* 4-0 (8-2)
(4) *Rio Hondo* 3-1 (9-1)
(1) *La Feria* 2-2 (7-2)
(2) Hidalgo 1-3 (5-5)
(5) Progreso 0-4 (2-67

Week 10 Games

Hidalgo - 58
Progreso - 24

Rio Hondo - 47
La Feria - 14

Division I - (1) La Feria 2-2 (7-2)
Division II Top Seed - (3) Port Isabel 4-0 (8-2)
Division II Runnerup - (4) Rio Hondo 3-1 (9-1)

3A REGION IV PLAYOFF MATCHUPS

Division I

(Dist 25) Bandera (4-6) vs. (Dist 26) La Vernia (7-3)
(Dist 27) Pleasanton (5-5)[/color] vs. (Dist 28) Pearsall (3-7)
(Dist 29) Gonzales (3-7) vs. (Dist 30) Ingleside (9-1)
(Dist 31) Zapata (6-4) vs. (Dist 32) La Feria (7-2)

Division II

(Dist 25 #1) Wimberley (9-1) vs. (Dist 26 #2) Marion (3-7)
(Dist 27 #1) Medina Valley (7-3) vs. (Dist 28 #2) Devine (9-1)
(Dist 29 #1) Cuero (10-0)[/color] vs. (Dist 30 #2) Sinton (4-6)
(Dist 31 #1) Raymondville (6-4) vs. (Dist 32 #2) Rio Hondo (9-1)[/color]
(Dist 25 #2) Llano (6-4) vs. (Dist 26 #1) Luling (7-3)
(Dist 27 #2) Lytle (6-4) vs. (Dist 28 #1) Hondo (10-0)
(Dist 29 #2) Yoakum (5-5) vs. (Dist 30 #1) Orange Grove (9-1)
(Dist 31 #2) Lyford (4-5) vs. (Dist 32 #1) Port Isabel (8-2)

44INAROW
10-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Thank you so much for the hard work on this and the others WOS87 :)

big daddy russ
10-24-2006, 11:19 AM
It's very far down the line and there's still a lot of football left to be played, but I'd love to see a matchup between us and Hondo. From what I've heard, it sounds like Hondo's a very physical team.... our weakness. Still, I'd love to see if our boys could tough it out and pull off a close one.

I think it'd be a great game.

Johnny 5
10-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Cool

Now do the projected after week 11 :)

Just curious to have aglimpse of the possible future. :D

HM33
10-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Very nice post. Me and my dad were talking and we saw that if Gonzales was to win state they would still have a losing record :S lol....now I know they wont, but that would be crazy.

wedo
10-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Man Cuero has absolutely no competition in thier district!!!

pirate4state
10-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Thank you so much for the hard work on this and the others WOS87 :) Ditto. :clap:

rgn4fb
10-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It's very far down the line and there's still a lot of football left to be played, but I'd love to see a matchup between us and Hondo. From what I've heard, it sounds like Hondo's a very physical team.... our weakness. Still, I'd love to see if our boys could tough it out and pull off a close one.

I think it'd be a great game. Wow, the insults of all insults and to your own team. Why would you want to play a team that is physical which is your weakness. I have not got to see Ingleside yet, but according to the stats that I have read, they seem to be playing physical. They lost one game this year and according to Ingleside posters here there were several (possibly up to 6) 2 way starters out. If playing teams that are physical is your weakness, perhaps you should wonder if you are going to even make the playoffs. Your game this week is going to be extremely physical and then when you play us the last game of the season you will find that our Pirates are still very physical. What do you base your observation on? I hope your kids don't believe what you do or it is going to be a short season indeed for Ingleside.

Highschoolfan78
10-24-2006, 12:41 PM
other than la vernia, ingleside and hondo, D1 predictions look rather weak.

big daddy russ
10-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
Wow, the insults of all insults and to your own team. Why would you want to play a team that is physical which is your weakness. I have not got to see Ingleside yet, but according to the stats that I have read, they seem to be playing physical. They lost one game this year and according to Ingleside posters here there were several (possibly up to 6) 2 way starters out. If playing teams that are physical is your weakness, perhaps you should wonder if you are going to even make the playoffs. Your game this week is going to be extremely physical and then when you play us the last game of the season you will find that our Pirates are still very physical. What do you base your observation on? I hope your kids don't believe what you do or it is going to be a short season indeed for Ingleside.
How is that an insult? I stated our weakness, then said I want to see us play a physical team because I think we could pull it out. It would drag our boys straight through the fire and prepare us for what's coming out of R3.

By the way, I'm from Ingleside, too. I never said I want them to lose and I didn't belittle our boys in any way, simply stated the facts. If being as objective as possible offends anyone in any way, then I'd tell that person to stop crying, buck up, take it like a man, and then prove me wrong. If you plan on crying about it, don't expect me to care. I hate babyish crap like that.

Prove me wrong on the field, spit in my mouth, and then laugh in my face. Don't cry about it. Our boys CAN do it and they have as good of a shot as any at actually doing it. But I want to see it with my own eyes. I'm sorry if your rose-colored glasses won't let you see your team (whomever that may be) for what it is, but being cocky all year long only to get blown out by a subpar team just shoots your credibility to hell. I try to take every game with a grain of humility and objectivity, but that's just me.

And by the way, you can't tell anything about how physical a team is from the stats. The stats will tell you how well they moved the ball, but will not tell you how hard they hit, how well they take a hit, or how good they are in the trenches. Ingleside's young and has only been beaten by a 4A team this year, but that was with a bunch of starters out. I can't wait to see what they're like when they finally get everyone back and 100% and start to gel. They never really seem to gel until the last two or three games of the regular season, so I'm looking forward to what the Sinton game has in store for us.

By the way, we win this week, we clinch a playoff spot. If we win two more, we clinch no less than a share of the district title.

rgn4fb
10-24-2006, 01:53 PM
How is that an insult? I stated our weakness, then said I want to see us play a physical team because I think we could pull it out. It would drag our boys straight through the fire and prepare us for what's coming out of R3.

By the way, I'm from Ingleside, too. I never said I want them to lose and I didn't belittle our boys in any way, simply stated the facts. If being as objective as possible offends anyone in any way, then I'd tell that person to stop crying, buck up, take it like a man, and then prove me wrong. If you plan on crying about it, don't expect me to care. I hate babyish crap like that.

Prove me wrong on the field, spit in my mouth, and then laugh in my face. Don't cry about it. Our boys CAN do it and they have as good of a shot as any at actually doing it. But I want to see it with my own eyes. I'm sorry if your rose-colored glasses won't let you see your team (whomever that may be) for what it is, but being cocky all year long only to get blown out by a subpar team just shoots your credibility to hell. I try to take every game with a grain of humility and objectivity, but that's just me.

And by the way, you can't tell anything about how physical a team is from the stats. The stats will tell you how well they moved the ball, but will not tell you how hard they hit, how well they take a hit, or how good they are in the trenches. Ingleside's young and has only been beaten by a 4A team this year, but that was with a bunch of starters out. I can't wait to see what they're like when they finally get everyone back and 100% and start to gel. They never really seem to gel until the last two or three games of the regular season, so I'm looking forward to what the Sinton game has in store for us.

By the way, we win this week, we clinch a playoff spot. If we win two more, we clinch no less than a share of the district title. Perhaps I cam off the wrong way. I just took it when you said that physical teams are your teams weakness as you saying that your team is soft. Physical is part of football and if playing physical teams is a weakness, then perhaps football is not your sport. I was just curious as to how physical teams is a teams weakness when being physical is what football is all about unless you are talking flag football. It just seems odd that a sport that requires everyone to be physical can have a decent team whose weakness is physical teams. Are you saying that your team would be better playing flag football or 7 on 7. Because I don't care who you are being physical is part of the game whether you are 10-0 or 0-10. No rose colored glasses here, just curious as to how physical teams are a weakness unless you are saying that you are not physical.

Boosty_Hondo
10-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
other than la vernia, ingleside and hondo, D1 predictions look rather weak.

jsut in this region the other regions have a couple of strong D1 teams ex Gilmer

big daddy russ
10-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Perhaps I cam off the wrong way. I just took it when you said that physical teams are your teams weakness as you saying that your team is soft.
Did you play football? Ever go up against a team that brought the wood every play? That's what people call a "physical" football team. Aransas Pass '02 comes to mind. Calallen, George West, and Refugio also have been called "physical" football teams in the past (Calallen moreso 5-10 years ago).

Physical is part of football and if playing physical teams is a weakness, then perhaps football is not your sport. I was just curious as to how physical teams is a teams weakness when being physical is what football is all about unless you are talking flag football. It just seems odd that a sport that requires everyone to be physical can have a decent team whose weakness is physical teams. Are you saying that your team would be better playing flag football or 7 on 7. Because I don't care who you are being physical is part of the game whether you are 10-0 or 0-10. No rose colored glasses here, just curious as to how physical teams are a weakness unless you are saying that you are not physical.
OK, here you're on the attack again. It sounds like you've never heard someone call a certain team a "physical team," so I'll help you out...

SOME TEAMS SIMPLY HIT HARDER THAN OTHERS. That's it. No matter how rough a sport it is, there will always be certain teams that hit harder than others.

If you watch hockey, the Carolina Hurricanes are considered a very physical team. In football, Ohio State, Texas, Auburn, and those Everman squads back in the early 2000's are (were) physical teams. Meanwhile, A&M, USC, UTEP, and Ingleside aren't.

Ingleside can play, and we can play with the best of them, but we're not a "physical team." We're a "finesse team."

One great example: did you get to see the Auburn-LSU game earlier this year? The most physical college game I've ever seen. It was dictated by defense, everyone was hitting as hard as they could, and both teams are still beat up from that game. Each has lost a game since then, and it's because they're either banged up or playing hurt from that game.

Besides that, if Ingleside had a horrible run defense and I came out and said "Ingleside has a horrible run defense," how is that belittling my team?

Ingleside typically has problems with teams that hit hard. They tend to take a little while to get their feet under them if a team can come up and pop them in the mouth. Look at Rio Hondo and Cuero last year. Look at Aransas Pass this year.

I WANT to see them play the best teams, the ones they're most vulnerable against, and beat the snot out of those teams. My logic?

If you're going up against a top 20-caliber team that poses a matchup problem for your squad, then you go out and beat them, that says volumes about your team, their grittiness (and don't confuse grittiness with physicality), and determination.

UT's win over a Nebraska squad that was a matchup nightmare says tons more about the Longhorns' character than all the other wins they've posted this year.

Highschoolfan78
10-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
jsut in this region the other regions have a couple of strong D1 teams ex Gilmer

ya i meant region IV div. 1.. my bad for not clarifying.

Boosty_Hondo
10-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
ya i meant region IV div. 1.. my bad for not clarifying.

i knew what u meant i was jsut clarifying for u lol

Highschoolfan78
10-24-2006, 06:04 PM
i knew what u meant i was jsut clarifying for u lol

haha thanks:eek:

rgn4fb
10-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Did you play football? Ever go up against a team that brought the wood every play? That's what people call a "physical" football team. Aransas Pass '02 comes to mind. Calallen, George West, and Refugio also have been called "physical" football teams in the past (Calallen moreso 5-10 years ago).

OK, here you're on the attack again. It sounds like you've never heard someone call a certain team a "physical team," so I'll help you out...

SOME TEAMS SIMPLY HIT HARDER THAN OTHERS. That's it. No matter how rough a sport it is, there will always be certain teams that hit harder than others.

If you watch hockey, the Carolina Hurricanes are considered a very physical team. In football, Ohio State, Texas, Auburn, and those Everman squads back in the early 2000's are (were) physical teams. Meanwhile, A&M, USC, UTEP, and Ingleside aren't.

Ingleside can play, and we can play with the best of them, but we're not a "physical team." We're a "finesse team."

One great example: did you get to see the Auburn-LSU game earlier this year? The most physical college game I've ever seen. It was dictated by defense, everyone was hitting as hard as they could, and both teams are still beat up from that game. Each has lost a game since then, and it's because they're either banged up or playing hurt from that game.

Besides that, if Ingleside had a horrible run defense and I came out and said "Ingleside has a horrible run defense," how is that belittling my team?

Ingleside typically has problems with teams that hit hard. They tend to take a little while to get their feet under them if a team can come up and pop them in the mouth. Look at Rio Hondo and Cuero last year. Look at Aransas Pass this year.

I WANT to see them play the best teams, the ones they're most vulnerable against, and beat the snot out of those teams. My logic?

If you're going up against a top 20-caliber team that poses a matchup problem for your squad, then you go out and beat them, that says volumes about your team, their grittiness (and don't confuse grittiness with physicality), and determination.

UT's win over a Nebraska squad that was a matchup nightmare says tons more about the Longhorns' character than all the other wins they've posted this year.

Again what makes a finesse team and what makes a physical team. Have you ever played football? I just emailed a friend of mine from Mathis and he said that the Ingleside team was extremely physical. He even said that your little back ran over one of the Mathis defenders. He said that the Ingleside offensive line was killing the defense. He said every play seemed like someone was pancaked. I don't buy into the some teams are physical while others are finesse. Finesse is for the band. Football is physical. And have you ever seen the USC defense. To say they are not physical tells me you must be either visually impaired or never played high school or college football. Perhaps soccer was your sport.

rgn4fb
10-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Perhaps I have upset you and that was not my intent. I played this game for several years college included. I can't stand for people who are in the stands and not playing maybe never did play or something talks about us not being physical. Sometimes you can see physical sometimes you cant. These young men pound on each other for several months and unless you are with them you don't have a clue. I dont play now and havent in several years, but I take offense for your team and other teams. Unless you are in the trenches with them, you dont have a clue as to how physical a team is. You obviously don't see a problem in your comment, those of us who play the game see it as an insult. I bet your players do. How about asking them.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2006, 09:19 PM
physical is usually a Football team that likes to pound the ball between the tackles. Finesse is a team that likes to throw the ball down field where the tackling is done by DB and not lineman. u must not realize teams are labled as being a physical team or finesse team alot. Its just a label and it doesnt mean they dont play physical but are better off playing finesse against team gear to play physical which usually means a slower overall team speed, hence bigger upfront players. so there is such a thing as a physical team and a finesse team, it just means a different style of play.

rgn4fb
10-25-2006, 08:11 AM
I apologize, I never heard it explained like that. I have been around this game a long time. Whether a team was physical or not had nothing to do with how they get the ball down the field. It had to do with how hard they hit. This entire topic began because it was said that physical teams were a weakness. If his teams weakness is teams that dont throw the ball much, I cant see the correlation with this years stats and newspaper coverage. I am not sure, but I do not think they have had many games vs passing teams. I am old school and we determined whether a team or player was physical based on how hard they hit.

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Sure, you can determine how physical a player is by how hard they hit, but the team is physical depending on their gameplan. teams with pure speed and a great qb could be the hardest hitting team in the state, but their style of play may be that of a finesse team. they dont run you over to score, they get it done other ways. that doesnt mean they cant do it, it just means its not their gameplan.

rgn4fb
10-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Sure, you can determine how physical a player is by how hard they hit, but the team is physical depending on their gameplan. teams with pure speed and a great qb could be the hardest hitting team in the state, but their style of play may be that of a finesse team. they dont run you over to score, they get it done other ways. that doesnt mean they cant do it, it just means its not their gameplan. I would not argue with the fact that some teams are finesse teams, but what I am saying is that just because a team's style is not physical OR finesse. Show me ONE successful team whose defense is not physical. There is none. There fore you cannot be successful in this sport and NOT be physical. This is a physical sport by design. He did not say physical or finesse offense. Again the statement that was made was that physical teams are their weakness. I just did not understand that and if I was a player on that team, I would take it as an insult.

rgn4fb
10-25-2006, 09:21 AM
I apologize, I never heard it explained like that. I have been around this game a long time. Whether a team was physical or not had nothing to do with how they get the ball down the field. It had to do with how hard they hit. This entire topic began because it was said that physical teams were a weakness. If his teams weakness is teams that dont throw the ball much, I cant see the correlation with this years stats and newspaper coverage. I am not sure, but I do not think they have had many games vs passing teams. I am old school and we determined whether a team or player was physical based on how hard they hit. And show me where the hardest hitting team in the state is not physical, I dont care what their game plan is. I have seen Southlake Carrol. They have a finesse type offense but are one of the most physical teams I have seen at the high school level. I am sure they would have a fit if someone said they were not a physical team because of their scheme.

WOS87
10-25-2006, 10:37 AM
I've updated the stats to the most recent Massey ratings and while some of the probability percentages have changed, there are no changes that affect my previous projection for Region IV.

SintonFan
10-25-2006, 12:10 PM
I would not argue with the fact that some teams are finesse teams, but what I am saying is that just because a team's style is not physical OR finesse. Show me ONE successful team whose defense is not physical. There is none. There fore you cannot be successful in this sport and NOT be physical. This is a physical sport by design. He did not say physical or finesse offense. Again the statement that was made was that physical teams are their weakness. I just did not understand that and if I was a player on that team, I would take it as an insult.
But see rgn4fb, therein lies what you were missing about russ's post. The term "physical" and "finesse" applies to the offense.
Any defense worth a grain of salt is gonna be physical, but that means something totally different.

rgn4fb
10-25-2006, 12:36 PM
I have never heard it called physical (as in offense) The term smash mouth has always been the term used. If his post would have been smash mouth teams were a weakness, that would make more since although still not believable since there only loss has been to an option team. Option football is more of a finesse type game as opposed to a power I sceam or a wing t or slot t team. Also I do not think he was talking about offense solely since his 2nd post said that some teams hit harder than others. Therefore in my view he was talking about the team as a whole rather than just the offense.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2006, 12:42 PM
physical or not, Ingleside is prepared for a good run in the playoffs, but they will hit a speed bump on the last game of the regular season in Sinton;)

SintonFan_inAustin
I have never heard it called physical (as in offense) The term smash mouth has always been the term used. If his post would have been smash mouth teams were a weakness, that would make more since although still not believable since there only loss has been to an option team. Option football is more of a finesse type game as opposed to a power I sceam or a wing t or slot t team. Also I do not think he was talking about offense solely since his 2nd post said that some teams hit harder than others. Therefore in my view he was talking about the team as a whole rather than just the offense.

smash mouth football is running it between the tackles:)

big daddy russ

Again what makes a finesse team and what makes a physical team. Have you ever played football? I just emailed a friend of mine from Mathis and he said that the Ingleside team was extremely physical. He even said that your little back ran over one of the Mathis defenders. He said that the Ingleside offensive line was killing the defense. He said every play seemed like someone was pancaked. I don't buy into the some teams are physical while others are finesse. Finesse is for the band. Football is physical. And have you ever seen the USC defense. To say they are not physical tells me you must be either visually impaired or never played high school or college football. Perhaps soccer was your sport.
I played some HS ball, nothing more. I wasn't even an impact player on my team, much less college material.

There's not much on this board that upsets me, but when people try to make something out of nothing I come out firing. To say that I'm belittling my team (the original point of the argument) means that you either don't understand the point I was trying to make or you're just trying to make problems.

I said:

...From what I've heard, it sounds like Hondo's a very physical team.... our weakness. Still, I'd love to see if our boys could tough it out...

Then you said:

...Why would you want to play a team that is physical which is your weakness...
...and...

...you saying that your team is soft...

There's a misunderstanding somewhere in there. I never said my team was soft. Instead, I said that I want to see our guys play the best team possible, a team that (supposedly) has an advantage against us, because I want to see what they're made of. If you don't want to play the best, then you're not worth your salt.

So did you misunderstand what I was saying? Do you understand now?

pirate4state
10-25-2006, 12:48 PM
I played some HS ball, nothing more. I wasn't even an impact player on my team, much less college material.

There's not much on this board that upsets me, but when people try to make something out of nothing I come out firing. To say that I'm belittling my team (the original point of the argument) means that you either don't understand the point I was trying to make or you're just trying to make problems.

I said:

Then you said:

...and...

There's a misunderstanding somewhere in there. I never said my team was soft. Instead, I said that I want to see our guys play the best team possible, a team that (supposedly) has an advantage against us, because I want what they're made of. If you don't want to play the best, then you're not worth your salt.

So did you misunderstand what I was saying? Do you understand now?

I think I need a picture. :p :clap:

:kiss: :kiss:

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
smash mouth football is running it between the tackles:)
Or in some cases, running OVER the tackles. :D

rgn4fb
10-25-2006, 01:16 PM

I said:

Then you said:

...and...

There's a misunderstanding somewhere in there. I never said my team was soft. Instead, I said that I want to see our guys play the best team possible, a team that (supposedly) has an advantage against us, because I want to see what they're made of. If you don't want to play the best, then you're not worth your salt.

So did you misunderstand what I was saying? Do you understand now? come on, dont be rediculous. I could go through here and post just partial quotes and probably make it sound like you said you were having an affair with Hilary Clinton. I never said that you actually posted that you were soft. I said that my interpretation of your post was that your team is soft. We all know that in the technology of message boards that sarcasm is something that is lost. Now I will concede the fact that Cuero may have been more physical (although that could be argued since it appeared that they were faster and not necesarily more physical) I was at that game. I cannot speak for the Rio Hondo game or others, but please answer this. How are you so certain that you start off slow because the team is physical. Could it be that they are just a pretty good football team. The speed and quickness as well as the strength of good teams might cause a team to start off slow. Teams that are not very good (whether they are physical or not) usually make good teams look even better.

When I saw you post that physical teams was your teams weakness, I took that as you saying teams that are MORE physical. I admit, you did not use those words, but again, that is how I took it.

My intentions were not to tick you off, but rather to figure out your choice of words. I apologize for the sarcasm, but your post came off as that straight a student that was in your class in high school that would whine when they got a 99 on a test.

big daddy russ
10-25-2006, 01:52 PM
come on, dont be rediculous. I could go through here and post just partial quotes and probably make it sound like you said you were having an affair with Hilary Clinton. I never said that you actually posted that you were soft. I said that my interpretation of your post was that your team is soft. We all know that in the technology of message boards that sarcasm is something that is lost. Now I will concede the fact that Cuero may have been more physical (although that could be argued since it appeared that they were faster and not necesarily more physical) I was at that game. I cannot speak for the Rio Hondo game or others, but please answer this. How are you so certain that you start off slow because the team is physical. Could it be that they are just a pretty good football team. The speed and quickness as well as the strength of good teams might cause a team to start off slow. Teams that are not very good (whether they are physical or not) usually make good teams look even better.

When I saw you post that physical teams was your teams weakness, I took that as you saying teams that are MORE physical. I admit, you did not use those words, but again, that is how I took it.

My intentions were not to tick you off, but rather to figure out your choice of words. I apologize for the sarcasm, but your post came off as that straight a student that was in your class in high school that would whine when they got a 99 on a test.
It could be that other teams are just good, but from what I saw (with my own eyes) at the Aransas Pass game, and from what I've been told by others, that's what it looked/sounded like.

The thing about these kids is that they don't back down. When they get popped, they'd come right back and go straight at the other team. They're definitely a second-half team, from the scores I've seen this year.

Of course, I've only been able to watch one game, but it seemed like they needed a couple of quarters to get their feet under them, but once they did they rolled.

Phil C
10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Thank you so much for the hard work on this and the others WOS87 :)

Ditto from me too! Magnificient work and thank you for sharing.

WOS87
10-28-2006, 04:23 AM
updated to include week 8 results

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
updated to include week 8 results

tks WOS87

WOS87
11-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Updated and adjusted using the Week 9 Massey probability percentages.... the only change in the Playoff Projection for Region IV using the newest numbers is that La Feria is now slightly favored to win over Hidalgo, and thus would get the Division I playoff spot instead of Hidalgo for District 32.

elcabezon
11-05-2006, 12:37 AM
I'm glad that you were off about the outcome of the Zapata vs. Raymondville game.

Zapata will face La Feria in the first round.

Boosty_Hondo
11-05-2006, 12:55 AM
ok so honod is not going D1 now and pearsall is in so that skrews everying up

pirate4state
11-05-2006, 01:09 AM
ok so honod is not going D1 now and pearsall is in so that skrews everying up Really??? WOW. Who else did they beat in your district??

Boosty_Hondo
11-05-2006, 01:43 AM
nobody haha its compicated how they got in though to much for me to type

WOS87
11-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Original post updated to include Week 9 results.

20 out of the 24 playoff spots in Region IV have been clinched. Only 4 left up for grabs next week.

Gobbla2001
11-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Uh oh... Cuero, Hondo, Wimberly all in Division 2??? Yikeeessss

wimbo_pro
11-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Yes Gobbler...week 3 of the play offs see a probable Cuero-Wimberley game, then the following week sees the winner of that game facing Hondo...assuming everyone wins up to that point. I think its a safe bet that these games will take place...but of course, on any given night...blah blah blah...see you in week 3!!!

Boosty_Hondo
11-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Yes Gobbler...week 3 of the play offs see a probable Cuero-Wimberley game, then the following week sees the winner of that game facing Hondo...assuming everyone wins up to that point. I think its a safe bet that these games will take place...but of course, on any given night...blah blah blah...see you in week 3!!!

lol yup any given night ...remember Hondo Vs. Sinton last year haha

District303aPastPlayer
11-05-2006, 01:42 PM
lol yup any given night ...remember Hondo Vs. Sinton last year haha

theres a wohle different story to that and you and i both know it

Boosty_Hondo
11-05-2006, 01:47 PM
lol i know im just messin with yall aaron haha u know i have much love for sinton

wimbo_pro
11-05-2006, 02:26 PM
OK...what happened?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
theres a wohle different story to that and you and i both know it

shhhhh.... was last year

pirate4state
11-05-2006, 06:59 PM
lol yup any given night ...remember Hondo Vs. Sinton last year haha :hairpunk: :hairpunk: :( you are in big trouble mister!! :p :p :D

any given night anything can & will happen. gotta love HS football. :)

Boosty_Hondo
11-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:hairpunk: :hairpunk: :( you are in big trouble mister!! :p :p :D

any given night anything can & will happen. gotta love HS football. :)

lol ya im not introuble rita again u know i was kidding but it is true hs football is unpredictable

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
DISTRICT 30 Standings after Week 9

(1) *Ingleside* 4-0 (8-1)
(6) *Orange Grove* 3-1 (8-1)
(2) *Sinton* 3-1 (4-5)
(3) Mathis 1-3 (3-6)
(5) CC West Oso 1-3 (4-5)
(4) Aransas Pass 0-4 (3-6)

There are 3 remaining district matchups:

Remaining District Games Ranked from Most Predictable to Least Predictable
(using Massey Ratings probability percentage)

Orange Grove favored over CC West Oso (Wk 10) 89%
Ingleside favored over Sinton (WK 10) 74%
Aransas Pass favored over Mathis (Wk 10) 51%

3 possible outcomes

(1) If Ingleside wins next week then 1st - Ingleside (Division I), 2nd - Orange Grove, and 3rd - Sinton
(2) If West Oso and Sinton win next week then 1st - Sinton, 2nd - Ingleside (Division I) and 3rd - Orange Grove
(3) If Orange Grove and Sinton win next week: Ingleside will be the Division I team. If Sinton wins by 12 points or more over Ingleside then Sinton will be Division II Top Seed and Orange Grove will be Division II Runnerup. If Sinton wins by less than 12 points then Orange Grove will be the Division II Top Seed and Sinton will be the Division II Runnerup.

Most Likely Final Standings

1 PLAYOFF SLOT IS SET

Division I - (1) Ingleside 5-0 (9-1)
Division II Top Seed - (6) Orange Grove 4-1 (9-1)
Division II Runnerup - (2) Sinton 3-2 (4-6)
(4) Aransas Pass 1-4 (4-6)
(3) Mathis 1-4 (3-7)
(5) CC West Oso 1-4 (4-6)

(3) If Orange Grove and Sinton win next week: Ingleside will be the Division I team. If Sinton wins by 12 points or more over Ingleside then Sinton will be Division II Top Seed and Orange Grove will be Division II Runnerup. If Sinton wins by less than 12 points then Orange Grove will be the Division II Top Seed and Sinton will be the Division II Runnerup.

So is this right, two ways to get the top seed for div 2. both are long shots but at least there is two possible long shots

:)

pirate4state
11-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Anyone else think Mathis will beat Aransas Pass?? Not that it has any bearing on the standings just wondering.

Go PANTHERS!! :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Anyone else think Mathis will beat Aransas Pass?? Not that it has any bearing on the standings just wondering.

yes mathis has been playing close ball games and should come out on top this time on another close game.

big daddy russ
11-06-2006, 02:03 PM

I've been waiting for the Panthers to come together. This just may be the game.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Hmm....possible 3rd round matchup......Port Isabel vs. Hondo. I like it!