PDA

View Full Version : Who is playing the most impressive ???

wedo
10-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Its more than half way through the season right now and who is playing better football right now??? Colt McCoy or Steve McGee??

IMO McGee is playing great!! Heck his team is still winning!!! But Colt has played in bigger games and has also looked great!!

Keep it clean!!!!!!

Old Tiger
10-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Colt...i don't know why

Bulldog_12
10-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Both are playing very well right now. McGee has lead 2 huge drives in the last 3 minutes to win the game or send it to overtime(80 yds against OSU, and 70 against KU), so I have to lean a little more towards him. McGee is also a little more mobile than McCoy so that gives him more of an edge in my mind. So I am taking McGee.

wedo
10-23-2006, 11:40 PM
I say both are playing good but IMO if they were to switch shoes i think that McGee would be better only b/c of the supporting cast at Texas!! But they aren't so i say Colt !! He has more weapons!! And b/c of the level of Competition Texas has played compared to A&M!!! Finely is starting to look really good !!!

STANG RED
10-24-2006, 06:31 AM
I've been very impressed with Colt's cool headed play and toughness. Pretty impressive for a freshman! I'm not saying he is any better than McGee, but he's getting the job done against a little higher level of compitition, so I'd have to give the nod to him. Also, he had to step into the biggest shoes in the country, on one of the biggest stages in the country, and has managed to handle all the pressures with an amazing amount of maturity. If Texas somehow gets lucky enough to get back to the big show again this year, it will probably be against Ohio State, and I'd love to see how Colt would handle that game now, with a whole season behind him. He's obviously head and shoulders above where he was when they played that first time around.

wedo
10-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I've been very impressed with Colt's cool headed play and toughness. Pretty impressive for a freshman! I'm not saying he is any better than McGee, but he's getting the job done against a little higher level of compitition, so I'd have to give the nod to him. Also, he had to step into the biggest shoes in the country, on one of the biggest stages in the country, and has managed to handle all the pressures with an amazing amount of maturity. If Texas somehow gets lucky enough to get back to the big show again this year, it will probably be against Ohio State, and I'd love to see how Colt would handle that game now, with a whole season behind him. He's obviously head and shoulders above where he was when they played that first time around.

I like how you said that, Colt is playing alot better now than he was in week 2 !! I think that if Texas played Ohio State again it will be closer!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by wedo
I like how you said that, Colt is playing alot better now than he was in week 2 !! I think that if Texas played Ohio State again it will be closer!!!

I think that UT could beat OSU this time around.

htowntransplant
10-24-2006, 11:56 AM
colt has 20+ td passes and only 3 picks....as a freshman! thats freaking insane. his poise is freakish for a freshman who is coming in to fill shoes left by vince young. there is definitely pressure being the UT QB, and he has handled it way better than anyone expected.

Old Tiger
10-24-2006, 11:56 AM
They are playing the same in their own ways. Each players offense ask them to do different things. Colt is getting it done in Texas offense while McGee is getting it done in A&M's.

coach
10-24-2006, 12:06 PM
i would sat mcoy, mcgee plays well and manages the game but for some reason he scares me when he runs the option. i dont mind him not sliding or not getting out of the way..his decesion making is whta i dont like. also he cant throw the deep ball....mccoy plays really well for his age although his recievers make plays for him that could have been costly but thats what temmates are for hopefully a&m can keep up the good work against baylor and they will have a decent record so we can have a big game o thanksgiving

Old Dog
10-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Both those young men are making their hometowns very proud.