PDA

View Full Version : Spinal Tap

Bull19
10-23-2006, 08:48 PM
IT GOES TO 11

Bull19
10-23-2006, 08:49 PM
ITS A PRETTY SIMPLE SONG, MAINLY JUST HAS TWO WORDS THAT REPEATE THEMSELVES OVER AND OVER

Bull19
10-23-2006, 08:50 PM
NO SEX, DRUGS, AND ROCK AND ROLL FOR IAN, IM RUNNING AROUND AUSTIN AT 3 IN THE MORNING LOOKING FOR MANDOLIN STRINGS

Bull19
10-23-2006, 08:53 PM
ITS JUST SIMPLE LINES INTERTWINING. ITS A COMBINATION OF BACH AND MOZART, I LIKE TO THINK OF IT AS MACH

Bull19
10-23-2006, 08:57 PM
ITS SO BLACK ITS LIKE A MIRROR

YOU LIKE ASK YOURSELF HOW MUCH MORE BLACK CAN THE ALBUM BE AND THE ANSWER IS NONE MORE BLACK

JHS_c/o_06'
10-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Nigel Tufnel: It's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy I'm working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find. People weep instantly when they hear it, and I don't know why.
Marty DiBergi: It's very nice.
Nigel Tufnel: You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really. It's sort of...
Marty DiBergi: What do you call this?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

But my absolute favorite part in the movie....is this......not that memorable of a quote....but just that part of the movie made me laugh so hard

Nigel Tufnel: Look... still has the old tag on, never even played it.
Marty DiBergi: [points his finger] You've never played...?
Nigel Tufnel: Don't touch it!
Marty DiBergi: We'll I wasn't going to touch it, I was just pointing at it.
Nigel Tufnel: Well... don't point! It can't be played.
Marty DiBergi: Don't point, okay. Can I look at it?
Nigel Tufnel: No. no. That's it, you've seen enough of that one.

Bull19
10-23-2006, 09:03 PM
HECK YES^^^

ITS SORTA TOTOMESTIC YOU MIGHT SAY.

ITS LIKE WE HAVE ARMIDILLO'S IN OUR TROUSERS AND THE GIRLS RUN SCREAMING

Bull19
10-23-2006, 09:06 PM
ITS LIKE NIGHT WITHOUT THE STARS

carter08
10-23-2006, 09:11 PM
That is some serious

POST PADDING

Bull19
10-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by carter08
That is some serious

POST PADDING

ITS ALL FOR THE LOVE OF THE MUSIC

crabman
10-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Christopher Guest (Jamie Lee Curtis's husband) is one of the greatest directors of our time. No, really. If you have never seen Best In Show, Waiting for Guffman, or A Mighty Wind you have never experienced great cinema. His next movie is due out shortly, For Your Consideration. I can't wait. You have to have a wierd sense of humor to appreciate his movies. If someone doesn't like him they might still be my friend but if they do like him, they are guaranteed to be my friend.

SWMustang
10-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Christopher Guest (Jamie Lee Curtis's husband) is one of the greatest directors of our time. No, really. If you have never seen Best In Show, Waiting for Guffman, or A Mighty Wind you have never experienced great cinema. His next movie is due out shortly, For Your Consideration. I can't wait. You have to have a wierd sense of humor to appreciate his movies. If someone doesn't like him they might still be my friend but if they do like him, they are guaranteed to be my friend.

you and I will have to be friends. I will watch "A Mighty Wind" every time it comes on. I laugh whenever I hear the lady talk about how she came on board. "Well, I moved to San Francisco to star in some "Adult entertainment" all in front of her hubby. Obviously Best in Show was a classic.

AggieJohn
10-23-2006, 09:33 PM
never saw/heard/spoke of it.....

yes i lead a sheltered life...i just found out that everyone doesn't get caviar at 3:00 in the afternoon and that tennis is not america's pastime.

Pmoney
10-23-2006, 09:38 PM
im lost:confused:

SWMustang
10-23-2006, 09:39 PM
get to the video store. I'm sure Spinal Tap can be rented for 99 cents. I wonder if there is a generational divide which must be overcome... Anyway the other movies are all less than 10 years old. They're probably on the bargain bin too.

SnyTigBaseB07
10-23-2006, 09:40 PM
or you can download a P2P sharing program and download, not unlike what i did a couple weeks back

and now i have a burnt copy of it

and now i can take it anywhere i want

for free

or for the cost of a cd

like 1.46

w/e
= D

SWMustang
10-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
or you can download a P2P sharing program and download, not unlike what i did a couple weeks back

and now i have a burnt copy of it

and now i can take it anywhere i want

for free

or for the cost of a cd

like 1.46

w/e
= D

wearing your winter coat yet? :) so did you enjoy Spinal Tap?

SnyTigBaseB07
10-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
wearing your winter coat yet? :) so did you enjoy Spinal Tap?

i love spinal tap, its one of my top movies

and yes i am wearing my coat!

you have no idea whats its like to play in snow

we played this last saturday at 2:30 for our Senior Game (where they honor the seniors graduating)

it snowed from the 2nd quarter through the end of the game

it was soooo cold

good thing im smart enough to break out the UA cold gear, and cold gear gloves! :D

Bull19
10-23-2006, 09:48 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marty DiBergi: David St. Hubbins... I must admit I've never heard anybody with that name.
David St. Hubbins: It's an unusual name, well, he was an unusual saint, he's not a very well known saint.
Marty DiBergi: Oh, there actually is, uh... there was a Saint Hubbins?
David St. Hubbins: That's right, yes.
Marty DiBergi: What was he the saint of?
David St. Hubbins: He was the patron saint of quality footwear.

Bull19
10-23-2006, 09:49 PM
David St. Hubbins: We say, "Love your brother." We don't say it really, but...
Nigel Tufnel: We don't literally say it.
David St. Hubbins: No, we don't say it.
Nigel Tufnel: We don't really, literally mean it.
David St. Hubbins: No, we don't believe it either, but...
Nigel Tufnel: But we're not racists.
David St. Hubbins: But that message should be clear, anyway.
Nigel Tufnel: We're anything but racists.

clayton7
10-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Jazz Odessey...Genious