PDA

View Full Version : Bellville, Rice Consolidated, Sealy, Navasota, Hempstead, Columbus?

Gobbla2001
02-08-2004, 05:33 PM
Geez, who's gunna win this one?

Old Cardinal
02-08-2004, 08:25 PM
That's going to be a good balanced District this year..I think Navasota will be a very tough team to beat. They have been flirting for a while and I think this may be the year that they put it all together and challenge some folks that assume they are a pushover...

Tiger Turtle
02-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Never heard anyone refer to Navasota as a pushover, but outside the pit they're a good bit less confident. This district is gonna leave a good team or two sitting home once the playoffs commence.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-09-2004, 11:19 PM
This one may be hard to call, Navasota will be the team to beat, with Rice, Bellville and Sealy fighting for the play-offs, also Columbus my surprise people this year. Look to be one of the best districts in the state!

Old Tiger
02-09-2004, 11:23 PM
RC/Sealy/Navasota

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Maybe so, but not in that order?

Bellville22
02-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Navasota will probably have the most talent heading into district play, and should be the team to beat. However, the one player in the district who can takeover a game is RB Huffman from Rice. Navasota must find a way to stop him, as must every other team. Bellville had a rough time with him this past year, but were fortunate enough to put up 36 in a shoot-out.

I'll go Navasota, Rice, then Bellville, but who knows, alot can change in a few months.

HoHoHo
02-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Well it ain't Hempstead.

pancho villa
02-10-2004, 10:34 AM
These teams will be 1 game and out in the playoffs.

Bellville22
02-10-2004, 11:50 AM
pancho villa:
These teams will be 1 game and out in the playoffs.o...k

Bull's-eye
02-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Navasota returns 5 first team and 2 second team all-district players on offense. They will be led by RB Chris Smith. They graduated quite a bit on defense, so the offense will have to carry the load. Rice graduated a number of players, losing most of their offensive line and distict offensive MVP Spears. They do return RB Huffman and def MVP Cooper. Bellville will lose 8 starters on offense and 8 or 9 starters on defense. They will be led by Sanders and a host of young talented players coming up to varsity. Sealy returns some quality players and should be strong on defense.
As of now, I will say Navasota should be the favorite. Sealy, having more experience will be second. Rice and Bellville, having some quality players, but not quantity returning, will battle for third place. Time will only tell, if some of the young players step up, Rice and Bellville could make some noise and battle for first.

<small>[ February 10, 2004, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

WOSgrad
02-10-2004, 01:38 PM
pancho villa:
These teams will be 1 game and out in the playoffs.Personally, I hope that prediction is dead on so that we don't have to see any of them....LOL!!!

But somehow, I doubt it will.

Hey Pancho, this is the second post where you have said a team will be one in out (Cuero being the first). Is there anyone who you believe will make it out?

<small>[ February 10, 2004, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: WOSgrad ]</small>

Old Green
02-10-2004, 01:42 PM
WOSgrad:

pancho villa:
These teams will be 1 game and out in the playoffs.Personally, I hope that prediction is dead on so that we don't have to see any of them....LOL!!!

But somehow, I doubt it will.

Hey Pancho, this is the second post where you have said a team will be one in out (Cuero being the first). Is there anyone who you believe will make it out?Thanks WOSGrad. I was going to ask the same question.

scotty
02-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Looking in from the outside, Bellville will still be the team to beat. For the past several years the Brahmas have had more good athletes than any school in the area. A lot like Sealy was a few years back. They went far into the playoffs and were able to post some high scores early enabling a lot of younger kids to get game experience. There is no substitute for that. Huey has done a fine job of getting the kids into the program. The situation at Rice is up in the air. If Rusty is cleared and able to stay, Rice could very well win it all. The athletes will be there.
Sealy returns nine starters on defense and they have gotten real quick on that side of the football. Linebacker Slaughter and safety Andrews will be hard to replace. They have a lot of starters back on the offensive line but their backfield looks like it will be real small. Their punter Brantly could very well be the best in the area any class. He is also a better than average quarterback and tight end.
Navasota will be real strong but right now I believe that Bellville and Rice both will beat the Rattlers.

Specklebelly
02-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Navasota should win the district. Bellville or Rice might be able to grab the district crown with their younger players stepping up after getting some key experience during their long playoff runs but Im not seeing it. Bellville, Sealy and Rice all lost a ton of Seniors and those three should fight it out for the other two spots. This thing is Navasota's to lose. Columbus could pull an upset or two by playing their grind it out style and lulling the other team to sleep but they just dont have the talent those other four schools do.