PDA

View Full Version : Heads, or Tails Which would you pick..

Fotbol
10-23-2006, 11:46 AM
If you had an important coin toss, which you pick, and why?
Me personally, I would pick Heads.(Remember the Jerome Bettis incident?)

piratebg
10-23-2006, 11:47 AM
I've always been a "tails" kind of guy.

awizzy
10-23-2006, 11:47 AM
tails never fails

Ranger Mom
10-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I've always been a "tails" kind of guy.

Before I clicked on this thread....I just KNEW someone was gonna say that!

It doesn't surprise me in the least that it was you!!:D :p ;)

piratebg
10-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Before I clicked on this thread....I just KNEW someone was gonna say that!

It doesn't surprise me in the least that it was you!!:D :p ;)

I can't help it. I love tail. :kiss: :p

Stownhorse
10-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Depends on which side is up when before the coin is tossed.

Old Tiger
10-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Tails always fails

Send_the_House
10-23-2006, 12:18 PM
For an important coin flip, I would pick Chuck Norris. A roundhouse kick to the ref's face would give us the ball...

AggieJohn
10-23-2006, 12:22 PM
judging by all the coin flips I've been a part of this season, I would go with heads.....and remember when you have the choice, don't defer

whtfbplaya
10-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
judging by all the coin flips I've been a part of this season, I would go with heads.....and remember when you have the choice, don't defer

Why not

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Heads, I win.....tails you lose. :D

whtfbplaya
10-23-2006, 12:33 PM
I would pick tails, because the heads side weighs .002 oz more thus increasing the likelyhood of the head side landing down.

CenTexSports
10-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Speaking of coin flips. The coin flip at 7th and 8th grade games can be a hoot. It is the custom of the Ref to ask the visiting team what he is going to call. He then asks the home team captain what the visiting captain called to avoid confusion. In about 30% of the time he just stares at the ref with a blank face. Another 50% of the time he will say the opposite of what the other captain said. And in the other 20% he gets it right.

Then you ask what the team wants that won the toss and you get:

1) We want to receive on this end (can't do both).
2) We want to kick off (when he really wanted to defer).
3) The kid turns around and says "Hey coach what did you tell me?"

In a JV game a few weeks ago, the ref asked the coach before the kickoff what he wanted and he wanted to have the wind at his back. I wrote it down on my card and after the toss the ref had them kicking into the wind. When I went to midfield and asked the ref why he shrugged and said who knows. It didn't matter, the team was down 40 - 0 midway through the 2nd quarter.

AggieJohn
10-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Speaking of coin flips. The coin flip at 7th and 8th grade games can be a hoot. It is the custom of the Ref to ask the visiting team what he is going to call. He then asks the home team captain what the visiting captain called to avoid confusion. In about 30% of the time he just stares at the ref with a blank face. Another 50% of the time he will say the opposite of what the other captain said. And in the other 20% he gets it right.

Then you ask what the team wants that won the toss and you get:

1) We want to receive on this end (can't do both).
2) We want to kick off (when he really wanted to defer).
3) The kid turns around and says "Hey coach what did you tell me?"

In a JV game a few weeks ago, the ref asked the coach before the kickoff what he wanted and he wanted to have the wind at his back. I wrote it down on my card and after the toss the ref had them kicking into the wind. When I went to midfield and asked the ref why he shrugged and said who knows. It didn't matter, the team was down 40 - 0 midway through the 2nd quarter. middle school coin flips crack me up

STANG RED
10-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Tails for sure...........no I mean heads................oh wait,,,yea heads for sure..............no not heads, I mean tails,,,,,,,,,,,yea thats right, its gotta be tails..........unless of course its heads.
Are we talking silver dollar here? half dollar? quarter? Or is it one of them special commemorative super bowl coins?:confused:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2006, 12:52 PM
I'd pick heads.