PDA

View Full Version : If this isn't a scam then I don't know what is...

Adidas410s
10-23-2006, 11:18 AM
I got this in an e-mail this morning. I can't help but laugh at it...

Company: GoldsCash Inc. Location: All Europe
Status: Full Time, Employee Job Category: Financial Operations
Relevant Work Experience: 1+ to 2 Years Career Level: Entry Level and taller

Job Description

Entry-Level Management Training Program

We have found your resume at www.monster.com.

We've got a lot of clients who purchase foreign currency from us in the USA. They use different means to pay for our services. For some of them it's a lot more convenient to pay by USA bank checks. Sometimes we have a lot of troubles trying to cash the checks in our country. Most Italian banks collect the checks, so we only get the money a month after or even later. We don't want to make our clients wait, though.
WE want to offer you to cooperate with our company. You won't need too much time - you will become a physical representative of our company in the USA. You can combine this job with your main one - you won't need more than an hour a day.
Your functions:
1) Get the check from the clients
2) Cash the check.
3) Send the money here.
You will receive 20-30 checks a day. You can present yourself both as a physical and a juridical person. The total monthly sum of the checks will be about $2000-$5000. Your monthly share will be $5000. Please, think about this offer.
If you are interested in working with us, or if you need more information, you can contact me directly at my personal email address.
I'll need your full name, telephone number and mail address so I can send you the contract and other paperwork necessary to get started. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.
If you agree with our conditions - feel free to sign the contract, send it to me and get ready to start!
If you want visit our website click here

Blastoderm55
10-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Heh, so they shifted operations away from Nigeria? :p

Adidas410s
10-23-2006, 11:22 AM
this was like money laundering 101...

Pudlugger
10-23-2006, 12:16 PM
They send you bogus cashier's checks and you cash them here and send them the money. Three weeks latter the bank finds out the checks are bogus and comes after you for the money. This is an old scam. I advertised some furniture on the Austin Statesman website and got a similar offer: I'll pay you with a cashier's check for $3000 you cash it and keep $800 for the furniture (I was only asking $600 for two sofas) and send me the rest. I'll send my representative to pick up the furniture. I told hom no deal. Still have the sofas if anyone's interested.LOL.

AggieJohn
10-23-2006, 12:24 PM
i'd do it forest

Adidas410s
10-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
They send you bogus cashier's checks and you cash them here and send them the money. Three weeks latter the bank finds out the checks are bogus and comes after you for the money. This is an old scam. I advertised some furniture on the Austin Statesman website and got a similar offer: I'll pay you with a cashier's check for $3000 you cash it and keep $800 for the furniture (I was only asking $600 for two sofas) and send me the rest. I'll send my representative to pick up the furniture. I told hom no deal. Still have the sofas if anyone's interested.LOL.

That's where I would say, "Hey what bank do you use? Really? Me too. I'll meet ya there to cash it and I'll even bring the sofas with me." I love messing around with scam artists. They are dumbest bunch of SOB's around...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2006, 12:47 PM
I bet if you forwarded that to Tiger WR he would have jumped all over it.

shankbear
10-23-2006, 01:05 PM
Pudlugger, I tried to help a guy in court who fell for this Nigerian Cashiers check scam. A motorcycle for sale, an email about the purchase, more money was tendered and this guys cashes the check and sent the rest by Western Union. Banks discovers the bogus check.

HE LOST> Has to pay it back and the bank put a lien on any sale of his motorcycle.

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>