PDA

View Full Version : Sinton @ Mathis

pirate4state
10-23-2006, 10:02 AM
This week it is the battle of the "Pirates". Our much anticipated, heated, hated rivarly with those other Pirates in Mathis!!

Sinton won their 1st district game last week against West Oso 35-21. Mathis lost their 1st district game to Ingleside 51-32. THIRTY-TWO!! I still can not wrap my mind around them hanging 32 on Ingleside. They weren't even suppose to win a game, let alone score 32 on Ingleside. This has me worried!!! :eek:

We all know how Sinton has fared thus far this year, but here it is once again:

L:Sinton 0 Cuero 29
W:Sinton 17 Gregory-Portland 0
L:Sinton 21 Beeville 25
L:Sinton 7 Robstown 17
L:Sinton 20 Port Lavaca 51
L:Sinton 10 Orange Grove 16*
W:Sinton 35 West Oso 21*

Here is how Mathis has done this year:

W:Mathis 20 Odem (2A) 7
L:Mathis 0 Goliad 6
L:Mathis 14 Falfurrias 29
L:Mathis 0 Refugio (2A) 35
W:Mathis 21 San Diego 7
W:Mathis 29 West Oso 12*
L:Mathis 32 Ingleside 51*

Mathis used some trickery against Ingleside. I can only imagine what they are gonna try on Sinton!! ;)

Our offensive line had a great game on Friday, let's hope they can make it 2 in row!! :clap: :clap:

I'm taking SINTON by 10. GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

Your thoughts/predictions??

piratebg
10-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Well, at the beginning of the year I would have said Sinton by 14+, but with the injuries they've suffered and the way they played last week, I'll say Sinton by 10. :)

Blastoderm55
10-23-2006, 10:29 AM
I've gotta take Mathis. Only by like 1 though. I would make it 2, but they have ugly jerseys this year, so I had to deduct a point for style. :p

IHStangFan
10-23-2006, 11:24 AM
This ought to be a good one. I agree, I cannot believe they put up 32 on Ingleside. I really dont know, I'm going to go w/ the feeling that Sinton is gearing up and is on the upward swing and will not only beat Mathis by 2 TDs, but they will be well and ready for Ingleside as well. Sinton is on the rise outa the depths.

44INAROW
10-23-2006, 11:42 AM
hhmm Pirates take this one in a close game :D

piratebg
10-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
hhmm Pirates take this one in a close game :D

You have to be specific, like the Pirates whose colors are maroon and white. :D

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I've gotta take Mathis. Only by like 1 though. I would make it 2, but they have ugly jerseys this year, so I had to deduct a point for style. :p
ROFL! :clap: :clap:

Sorry Blast, but I'll have to negate your ugly jerseys vote and go with the Neverending S. :D

Blastoderm55
10-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
You have to be specific, like the Pirates whose colors are maroon and white. :D

No longer a problem. New coach Casarez has the Mathis boys wearing purple-looking uniforms. :rolleyes:

piratebg
10-23-2006, 12:03 PM
No longer a problem. New coach Casarez has the Mathis boys wearing purple-looking uniforms. :rolleyes:

You poor guys. My thoughts and prayers go out to the players and parents of the Mathis Pirates football team who are now wearing that ugly purple. :D

IHStangFan
10-23-2006, 12:08 PM
You poor guys. My thoughts and prayers go out to the players and parents of the Mathis Pirates football team who are now wearing that ugly purple. :D OOOOHHH!!! you better bite your tongue before some lurking Aransas Pass fan hears you say that!! :D

piratebg
10-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Aransas Pass purple and Mathis purple are two different colors. I have this picture in my head of the color he is talking about.

IHStangFan
10-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Aransas Pass purple and Mathis purple are two different colors. I have this picture in my head of the color he is talking about. so what youre telling me is they look like a group of plums out there throwin the football around?

piratebg
10-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Basically :D

At the same time, though, I know that color doesn't affect how they play. They'll bring it on Friday. They always do. I'm just poking some fun at them while I can.

IHStangFan
10-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Basically :D

At the same time, though, I know that color doesn't affect how they play. They'll bring it on Friday. They always do. I'm just poking some fun at them while I can. LOL...i hear ya. It does seem like Mathis always brings it when they play Sinton. Pirate Pandemonium!!

mwynn05
10-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
This week it is the battle of the "Pirates". Our much anticipated, heated, hated rivarly with those other Pirates in Mathis!!

Sinton won their 1st district game last week against West Oso 35-21. Mathis lost their 1st district game to Ingleside 51-32. THIRTY-TWO!! I still can not wrap my mind around them hanging 32 on Ingleside. They weren't even suppose to win a game, let alone score 32 on Ingleside. This has me worried!!! :eek:

We all know how Sinton has fared thus far this year, but here it is once again:

L:Sinton 0 Cuero 29
W:Sinton 17 Gregory-Portland 0
L:Sinton 21 Beeville 25
L:Sinton 7 Robstown 17
L:Sinton 20 Port Lavaca 51
L:Sinton 10 Orange Grove 16*
W:Sinton 35 West Oso 21*

Here is how Mathis has done this year:

W:Mathis 20 Odem (2A) 7
L:Mathis 0 Goliad 6
L:Mathis 14 Falfurrias 29
L:Mathis 0 Refugio (2A) 35
W:Mathis 29 West Oso 12*

Mathis used some trickery against Ingleside. I can only imagine what they are gonna try on Sinton!! ;)

Our offensive line had a great game on Friday, let's hope they can make it 2 in row!! :clap: :clap:

I'm taking SINTON by 10. GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

Your thoughts/predictions?? lol i bet GP hates seeing this they lost to Sinton who they think they are so much better than and Sinton isnt even good this year

Blastoderm55
10-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Purple's fine if its your school color, but Mathis is all about Maroon and White.

IHStangFan
10-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
lol i bet GP hates seeing this they lost to Sinton who they think they are so much better than and Sinton isnt even good this year well, this is just my opinion and nothing more, but GP is NEVER as good as they THINK they are.

Blastoderm55
10-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Awww, don't dog on G-P. They've got the talent but the coaches still think they're at Refugio. Their boys played their hearts out against us last Friday.

IHStangFan
10-23-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm not knockin their atheletes, I'm knocking that town's mentality when it comes to their team vs everyone else in the area. every year its "oh we're going to state this year" just kinda silly. Theyre always decent, but rarely are they state contenders.

pirate4state
10-23-2006, 01:31 PM
PLEASE >>>> NO Gp talk!!! :hand:

And....

Yes, Mwynn I'm sure it really bugs them to no end!! :D :D :evillol:

GO SINTON PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2006, 02:48 PM

San Deigo Vaqueros Schedule so far
Date Opponent Site Score
09/01/2006 @ Aransas Pass (30-3A) lost: 0-39
09/08/2006 Three Rivers (31-2A) lost: 7-39
09/15/2006 @ Freer (32-2A) lost: 0-36
09/22/2006 @ Odem (31-2A) lost: 12-27
09/29/2006 Mathis (30-3A) lost: 7-21
10/06/2006 @ Corpus Christi West Oso (30-3A) lost: 6-69
10/13/2006 @ Zapata (31-3A) lost: 0-34
10/20/2006 Raymondville (31-3A) lost: 6-46

my point here is San Deigo hasnt stop nobody and manage to hold Mathis to 21 points but Mathis is able to put up 32 on Ingleside. Seems like somebody has improve some

game is at Mathis, must win for Sinton so i think they pull of a close win 23-21

IHStangFan
10-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
San Deigo Vaqueros Schedule so far
Date Opponent Site Score
09/01/2006 @ Aransas Pass (30-3A) lost: 0-39
09/08/2006 Three Rivers (31-2A) lost: 7-39
09/15/2006 @ Freer (32-2A) lost: 0-36
09/22/2006 @ Odem (31-2A) lost: 12-27
09/29/2006 Mathis (30-3A) lost: 7-21
10/06/2006 @ Corpus Christi West Oso (30-3A) lost: 6-69
10/13/2006 @ Zapata (31-3A) lost: 0-34
10/20/2006 Raymondville (31-3A) lost: 6-46

my point here is San Deigo hasnt stop nobody and manage to hold Mathis to 21 points but Mathis is able to put up 32 on Ingleside. Seems like somebody has improve some

game is at Mathis, must win for Sinton so i think they pull of a close win 23-21 well, that logic only works up until a point. Certain teams stack up against other teams differently. One team may have an O that is primarily run, and go up against a team that defends the run well, but may be horrible at defending the pass, and vice versa and say your "dominant" team is a running team, but a team to be considered less of a threat is a passing team....blah blah blah, yada yada yada. Ya get where I'm goin w/ that. The majority of Mathis' points were scored on trick plays against Ingleside. Maybe they didnt try any trick plays against San Diego because they didnt feel they had to? Truth of it is, within reason, ya just really cant ever tell w/ a 100% certainly especially just by comparing records.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2006, 03:16 PM
my thought is they did try trick plays but San Deigo defense was already tricked before the play started so it even it self out and they were in position to stop the play:D

pirate4state
10-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
well, that logic only works up until a point. Certain teams stack up against other teams differently. One team may have an O that is primarily run, and go up against a team that defends the run well, but may be horrible at defending the pass, and vice versa and say your "dominant" team is a running team, but a team to be considered less of a threat is a passing team....blah blah blah, yada yada yada. Ya get where I'm goin w/ that. The majority of Mathis' points were scored on trick plays against Ingleside. Maybe they didnt try any trick plays against San Diego because they didnt feel they had to? Truth of it is, within reason, ya just really cant ever tell w/ a 100% certainly especially just by comparing records. WHAT?? I can't hear you? :p :D

IHStangFan
10-23-2006, 03:17 PM
my thought is they did try trick plays but San Deigo defense was already tricked before the play started so it even it self out and they were in position to stop the play:D LOL!!!!

AAAAHH...and the universe balances itself out...i gotcha. :D

pirate4state
10-24-2006, 10:58 AM
dang, where are all the Mathis crazies when you need 'em?? :p :D

Blastoderm55
10-24-2006, 11:06 AM
dang, where are all the Mathis crazies when you need 'em?? :p :D

You have to move to Beeville for internet access. :(

Not to mention people are never home anymore now that Mathis has a McDonalds. :p

pirateman98
10-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
lol i bet GP hates seeing this they lost to Sinton who they think they are so much better than and Sinton isnt even good this year

Trust me they do!! My Uncle who is a die hard GP fan says that the better team lost that night. All my cousins say how Sinton sucks because of their record this year and are lucky that they aren't faced with the same. I work in GP too and my co-workers are quick to say that Sinton sucks, but as soon as I mention the Sinton game, they get really quite!! I find it funny they way they think and talk. We could just as easily be 5-2. Most of the time I just let them talk and agree that we are having a down year, but we beat ya'll!!;)

pirate4state
10-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98
Trust me they do!! My Uncle who is a die hard GP fan says that the better team lost that night. All my cousins say how Sinton sucks because of their record this year and are lucky that they aren't faced with the same. I work in GP too and my co-workers are quick to say that Sinton sucks, but as soon as I mention the Sinton game, they get really quite!! I find it funny they way they think and talk. We could just as easily be 5-2. Most of the time I just let them talk and agree that we are having a down year, but we beat ya'll!!;) Better way to put it is "even in a down year we can beat GP" :devil: :devil: :D :D

rgn4fb
10-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Sinton should beat Mathis easily. Our defense is much better than there offense and their defense, well if you can't win a game when the offense scores 32, then you are not very good.

pirate4state
10-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
Sinton should beat Mathis easily. Our defense is much better than there offense and their defense, well if you can't win a game when the offense scores 32, then you are not very good. LOL! I like your enthusiasm, but nothing will come easily against Mathis. Should Sinton beat Mathis easily, I'll come back on here and declare you a genius!! ;)

99IHSMustang
10-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
Sinton should beat Mathis easily. Our defense is much better than there offense and their defense, well if you can't win a game when the offense scores 32, then you are not very good.

I somehow don't think Sinton is going to beat Mathis that easily. It is going to be a close game.

pirate4state
10-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
I somehow don't think Sinton is going to beat Mathis that easily. It is going to be a close game. Just cause your guys fell for trick plays doesn't mean ours will!!! :p :p

SORRY IZZ - Couldn't pass that up!! I may regret it, but it sure cracked me up!

Fish's mom
10-24-2006, 10:45 PM
I think Sinton could win this game.. But it will be close. Mathis has 2 players (don't recall names or numbersat this time) that are fast and if they are given a chance they are gone. Hopefully Sintons D up on speed since I haven't seen you'll play. Good Luck. And if I wasn't in OG I'd like to see this game. May you have an injury free game.

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 11:21 PM
It's gonna be tough to beat Mathis at their house. Gotta get all the Sinton faithful there for the game!
LET'S ALL GO TO MATHIS AND SHOW THEM HOW LOUD WE CAN BE!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
10-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
It's gonna be tough to beat Mathis at their house. Gotta get all the Sinton faithful there for the game!
LET'S ALL GO TO MATHIS AND SHOW THEM HOW LOUD WE CAN BE!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: Hell, they couldn't find their way to our own stadium. :rolleyes: :mad: It's okay - we (the crowd) were loud enough without those flip-flopping fans! :hand:

piratebg
10-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Well, I originally had the night off, but looks like I'll be working until after 7 on Friday. As much as I'd love to go to this game, I really need the OT right now.

District303aPastPlayer
10-25-2006, 11:22 AM
so what youre telling me is they look like a group of plums out there throwin the football around?

maybe they are getting up for the game by lookin at eachother in disgust and just taking frustrations out on everyone else

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2006, 08:33 PM
OOOOHHH!!! you better bite your tongue before some lurking Aransas Pass fan hears you say that!! :D

LOL....Nothing wrong with purple uniforms, just with the fact that Mathis might be wearing them.;)

For their attempt to imitate the "real" purple team in our district, I predict a Sinton win...good luck Pirates!:)

nexfan
10-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Did I read correctly when it said Sinton is 2-5? Isnt that kind of unlike ya'll!!

pirate4state
10-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
Did I read correctly when it said Sinton is 2-5? Isnt that kind of unlike ya'll!! Uh, in a word --- YES!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Better way to put it is "even in a down year we can beat GP" :devil: :devil: :D :D

and shut them out in the process of a down year:D

pirate4state
10-26-2006, 10:54 AM
One more day!!! :cheerl: SINTON PIRATES!! :cheerl: :D

All of those fans that are still coming out to watch the Pirates better prepare yourselves for a Ramon appearance! :D

Blastoderm55
10-26-2006, 11:01 AM

All of those fans that are still coming out to watch the Pirates better prepare yourselves for a Ramon appearance! :D

Oh man, he was at my cousin's rosary back during the summer. I guess he goes to all of them because he lives in the projects down the street. Kept getting calls from his "girlfriend." I'm not sure, but he looks to be developing a "camel toe." :thinking:

But yeah, he should be at the game. Former coach Zepeda had banned him from the games, but the new coach Casarez has given him a new lease, but that might have already been revoked too. :p

pirate4state
10-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Oh man, he was at my cousin's rosary back during the summer. I guess he goes to all of them because he lives in the projects down the street. Kept getting calls from his "girlfriend." I'm not sure, but he looks to be developing a "camel toe." :thinking: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG!! I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing that!!! ewwwwwwwwwwwww :doh: :hairpunk:

Blastoderm55
10-26-2006, 11:05 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG!! I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing that!!! ewwwwwwwwwwwww :doh: :hairpunk:

At least you had a warning. Just pray he's wearing his blue jean shorts and not stretch pants. :p

pirate4state
10-26-2006, 11:07 AM
At least you had a warning. Just pray he's wearing his blue jean shorts and not stretch pants. :p *scream* ROFLMAO!! :twitch:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM
winner of this game puts them in a good postion to make the playoffs. Pirates will make the playoffs.

99IHSMustang
10-26-2006, 02:45 PM
winner of this game puts them in a good postion to make the playoffs. Pirates will make the playoffs.

Which Pirates?

pirate4state
10-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Which Pirates? The ones that play tomorrow.

maroogreen
10-26-2006, 05:32 PM

Heehee!!! I went to school with Ramon :D He was in a "special" class and could go to school until he was 21 or so. You have no idea the number of "Ramon stories" my family and I have. Both my brother and sister were athletes after he was officially out of school, my mom was a teacher and my dad was an administrator. I know stories that would curl your hair! Seriously, you can't make this stuff up and no one who hasn't seen him will believe you're telling them the truth.

Some of his story is sad, but he really is something to see.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Which Pirates?

The town where one of their teams has played for a state title, those pirates:D (they both have;) )

CueroGobblers
10-26-2006, 06:40 PM
hey maroogreen! Who r u? I went to school in Mathis grad in 95. Your right about Ramon he is out there but you know what i got to give it to him cuz he goes to every game no matter where its at. Hey i saw him at the state game in '99 in Houston. LOL!!!

maroogreen
10-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
hey maroogreen! Who r u? I went to school in Mathis grad in 95. Your right about Ramon he is out there but you know what i got to give it to him cuz he goes to every game no matter where its at. Hey i saw him at the state game in '99 in Houston. LOL!!!

Whoa! CueroGobblers, who are YOU? My sister graduated in '95, with you, and my brother played in the state game. Both my parents retired in May. They've lived in Mathis forever...almost.

44INAROW
10-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Maroogreen - we gotta have a long time so you can fill me in on this Ramon guy..... sounds like some great stories :D

SintonFan88
10-26-2006, 10:34 PM
I am going to the game tomorrow. Should be a good one. The J.V. won tonight in a thriller 30 - 26. My son plays on the J.V. and they played a great game. They are 3 - 0 in district play. Great job J.V. Pirates! Keep it up.

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by maroogreen
Heehee!!! I went to school with Ramon :D He was in a "special" class and could go to school until he was 21 or so. You have no idea the number of "Ramon stories" my family and I have. Both my brother and sister were athletes after he was officially out of school, my mom was a teacher and my dad was an administrator. I know stories that would curl your hair! Seriously, you can't make this stuff up and no one who hasn't seen him will believe you're telling them the truth.

Some of his story is sad, but he really is something to see.

What is strange is that EVERYONE in the district knows Ramon. There wasn't a game that we traveled to Mathis to see that he didn't typically "greet" us at the gate.:eek: At football games, he could spout off the stats and scores from a previous baseball game three years before...strange stuff! Luckily I have only seen him at football and baseball games...I have heard that the confines of a basketball game in the gym is almost more than the average person can stand.:D

He is definitely an interesting character!:)

piratebg
10-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Today is the day. Go get em Pirates!!! The Pirates in maroon, not the ones in purple!!!

pirate4state
10-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Is today the beginning of the SINTON Pirate playoff run??? I can't believe that it is a must win for both teams tonight!! :crazy1:

Go get 'em SINTON PIRATES!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

mmmmmm......Van's burgers! :D

Blastoderm55
10-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I have heard that the confines of a basketball game in the gym is almost more than the average person can stand.:D

You haven't lived if you haven't heard Ramon slap his chest during a pep rally or basketball game. :D

99IHSMustang
10-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Good luck tonight Sinton Pirates.

Blastoderm55
10-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Good luck tonight Mathis Pirates.

Fixed. :D

pirate4state
10-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Fixed. :D tsk, tsk!!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Good luck tonight Beeville Trojans.

fixed.

Blastoderm55
10-27-2006, 11:51 AM
That'll work too. :D We'll need it against the green Pirates. I hear they're bad to the bone. :p

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2006, 12:13 PM
That'll work too. :D We'll need it against the green Pirates. I hear they're bad to the bone. :p

ba...ba...ba...baaad .... listening to that over and over again at their stadium is cruel and unusual punishment! Where are you guys playing?

Blastoderm55
10-27-2006, 12:17 PM
ba...ba...ba...baaad .... listening to that over and over again at their stadium is cruel and unusual punishment! Where are you guys playing?

Their place. They still play that? I could understand it when they actually ran the 'Bone, but not now. Let the band play, you fruitcakes. :p

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Their place. They still play that? I could understand it when they actually ran the 'Bone, but not now. Let the band play, you fruitcakes. :p

ha ha...not sure, I didn't go to Rockport this year (thank goodness) so you will have to update me. Good luck to Beeville!

Blastoderm55
10-27-2006, 12:28 PM
ha ha...not sure, I didn't go to Rockport this year (thank goodness) so you will have to update me. Good luck to Beeville!

I can't make the game tonight. :( My fiancee's mad that all my Friday nights are spoken for as of late, so I'm giving in and taking her to C.C. for a nice dinner and maybe a movie. I'll be listening to the game on the mp3 player though. :cool:

pirate4state
10-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Back to the Sinton-Mathis game!!

Wonder what our attendance will be like?? :thinking:

I'm sure the Mathis fans will be foaming at the mouth. Every year since 2000 they've been wanting to beat us bad and it almost happened in 2003. I hope this isn't the year for them to get their wish. ;)

:cheerl: :cheerl: GO SINTON PIRATES!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

Blastoderm55
10-27-2006, 12:56 PM
You can probably expect all of Mathis out for this one. I know the attendance isn't what it was back during Soza's days, but I'm sure the ol town will still fill up the stands for a game against Sinton.

Phil C
10-27-2006, 01:52 PM
It should be a great game. Alas! I won't be able to go so keep us posted here. Mathis always plays us tough on their home field but I think the Sinton Pirates will win out in the end by about a td. Go Sinton Pirates!

piratebg
10-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Good luck tonight Pirates

You're gonna need it.