PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater / Wylie

Gsquared
10-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Who else is going to this one?

injuredinmelee
10-23-2006, 08:36 AM
there should be a great dlow crowd there. Some of us are meeting for dinner beforehand. Come on out.

Gsquared
10-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
there should be a great dlow crowd there. Some of us are meeting for dinner beforehand. Come on out.
I gotta stop at Mary's on the way and have CFS.

injuredinmelee
10-23-2006, 09:32 AM
forget marys have the RibEye at Enriques!

Gsquared
10-23-2006, 10:03 AM
forget marys have the RibEye at Enriques!
OMG, if Mary found out I cheated on her!! :eek:

injuredinmelee
10-23-2006, 10:29 AM
tell her Rick said.

exbulldog06
10-23-2006, 10:33 AM
i will be at this game should be a great game!!!!!!!

Gsquared
10-23-2006, 10:36 AM
tell her Rick said.
Will that get me a free CFS??

Texasfootball2
10-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Wylie 28
Sweetwater 14

wyliegrad04
10-23-2006, 10:49 AM
I'll be there in my usual seats ...

I'm hoping it's a good game ... don't know why it wouldn't be. I think Wylie will be ready to play, they always play well after an off week. It's that Sandifer guy ... he always has them ready to play.

I say ... Wylie 24, Sweetwater 17

mustang68
10-23-2006, 11:00 AM
What has Wylie's defense been allowing per game?

Texasfootball2
10-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Brownwood 18
Iowa Park 7 (scored at end of game, scrubs)
Graham 6
Big Springs 7 (scored at end of game, scrubs)
Frendship 7
Wimberely 34 ( four legit, and one kick return )
Clyde 7 (scored at end of game, scrubs )

*Frenship had a running back that was averaging about 230 yards per game and had 2500 yards last year. He rushed for something like 39 yards (had one run of 21 yards)

*Clyde has the "C" train Kevil who I'm impressed with. I think he had 40 something yards, and also had one run of 24 yards.

STANG RED
10-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by mustang68

About 1/2 of what they will for this one, I hope. :D

Swater 30
Wylie 28
Neither D will shut the other O down completely.

mustang68
10-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the info.

Stownhorse
10-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Where and when is the M&G????????

injuredinmelee
10-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Enriques at 615 pm beforehand. Not fdar from the Stadium at all.

At halftime i say we meet by the Sweetwater buses. (football not band buses)

Stownhorse
10-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Enriques at 615 pm beforehand. Not fdar from the Stadium at all.

At halftime i say we meet by the Sweetwater buses. (football not band buses)

That sounds like plan to me.

SWMustang
10-23-2006, 12:20 PM
bulldogs for a second straight week. I wish Wylie's mascot was the Coyotes.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/pattonwb/wylie_Help.jpg

Send_the_House
10-23-2006, 12:21 PM
S'water dominates this game if they can avoid the mistakes they had against us...

Stownhorse
10-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
S'water dominates this game if they can avoid the mistakes they had against us...

We dominate Decatur if we avoided the mistakes back in the Gordonwood.

Texasfootball2
10-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House

"IF" grasshoppers had machine guns, crows wouldn't jack with them.

Anytime you have two good football teams playing, the team with the fewest mistakes nearly always wins.

I'm sure that every Decatur fan after the playoff game in '04 was saying, " if our coach didn't have a huge ego, and would have play it smart, we would have won this game"

I seriously doubt that there will be any DOMINATING going on in this game.

APierce248
10-23-2006, 12:44 PM
I think that DOMINATE is too much. At the end of that game, Decatur showed you that they Dominated Sweetwater. As i recall, the last four minutes of that game, Brandon Cobb and the Decatur defense took the game over and Sweetwater couldn't stop him. However, i am rooting for Sweetwater in this game, they have a very solid team. And you are right, if they can limit their turnovers, they will win the game.

Butkus
10-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
We dominate Decatur if we avoided the mistakes back in the Gordonwood. Youngun quit livin in tha past we lost fair and square and hadnt lost sence. Less worry bout them dogs from wylie now. Ole Butkus isa pickin them Mustangs ta win by 10.

Texasfootball2
10-23-2006, 12:50 PM
I have to disagree with you, I think if neither team make big mistakes or turns the ball over that Wylie will win this one. Wylie's defense has played maybe the best schedule in 3A and has been very consistant, and I think Wylie's defense will be the difference in this game.

Underwater Basketweaver
10-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I'm sure that every Decatur fan after the playoff game in '04 was saying, " if our coach didn't have a huge ego, and would have play it smart, we would have won this game"

Do you know Kyle Story? Just curious. Can't believe you would take a shot like that at someone you probably don't know. Ego had nothing to do with it.

MHSvarsity2007
10-23-2006, 10:17 PM
im 98% sure im going to this game...if merkel is winning at halftime i'm leaving at halftime, if not, i'm staying...idk if i wanna meet all you 3ADLers though... :thinking:

sweetwater07
10-23-2006, 10:24 PM
ahhh come on...me and stownhorse are riding up to the game together..so i'll be at the M&G..who else is going??

STANG RED
10-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
ahhh come on...me and stownhorse are riding up to the game together..so i'll be at the M&G..who else is going??

Yall be sure and let injured know a head count. He is putting together the dinner at Enrique's at 6:15. It should be alot of fun. See yall there.

Texasfootball2
10-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
Do you know Kyle Story? Just curious. Can't believe you would take a shot like that at someone you probably don't know. Ego had nothing to do with it.

Know I don't know Kyle Story. I really wasn't intentionally taking a shot at him either, but the decisions he made in that game were as if he fully expected to blow Wylie out and the thought of possibly losing that game never crossed his mind.

Examples: (take these with 97% accuraccy)

Late First Quater Decatur down 7-3 (? ) - Decatur has a 4th and 8+/- on about thier own 43 yardline. HE GOES FOR IT

Twice in the second quater he had 4th and goal from around the 15 yardline and instead of kicking a FG, HE GOES FOR IT.

The were two more opportunities during the 3rd quater and the first part of the 4th quater where he could have kicked FG's, and they had one of the best kickers in all of 3A.

If I remeber the final score Wylie only one by one or two points.

So as you can see, from a spectators view, even if you were from Decatur, it was as if he assumed that at anytime were going to blow them out so why mess around with kicking FG's. These were very poor coaching decisions ( I used the word EGO, because that was what a lot of Wylie fans were using). I'm a Wylie fan and just like most Wylie fans that night felt like the best team didn't not win, but that our coach, out coach the Decatur coach.

gibby
10-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by mustang68
This is the fastest defense Wylie has seen in a long time. Theier overall talent could be the best in the 22 years I'v seen them.

How is the SW passing game? Or is it too early to tell.

Peace

injuredinmelee
10-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Know I don't know Kyle Story. I really wasn't intentionally taking a shot at him either, but the decisions he made in that game were as if he fully expected to blow Wylie out and the thought of possibly losing that game never crossed his mind.

Examples: (take these with 97% accuraccy)

Late First Quater Decatur down 7-3 (? ) - Decatur has a 4th and 8+/- on about thier own 43 yardline. HE GOES FOR IT

Twice in the second quater he had 4th and goal from around the 15 yardline and instead of kicking a FG, HE GOES FOR IT.

The were two more opportunities during the 3rd quater and the first part of the 4th quater where he could have kicked FG's, and they had one of the best kickers in all of 3A.

If I remeber the final score Wylie only one by one or two points.

So as you can see, from a spectators view, even if you were from Decatur, it was as if he assumed that at anytime were going to blow them out so why mess around with kicking FG's. These were very poor coaching decisions ( I used the word EGO, because that was what a lot of Wylie fans were using). I'm a Wylie fan and just like most Wylie fans that night felt like the best team didn't not win, but that our coach, out coach the Decatur coach.

wasnt there a quote in the paper the week after by the Decatur QB saying that they went for it becaus the felt like they were goign to blow the game open at any minute? I wish I could find that. I tried and tried earlier this morning.

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Decatur?

Decatur?

We're talking about Decatur?

Let's talk about Sweetwater vs. Wylie.

Sweetwater.....99
Wylie................98

:D :D :D

pero chato
10-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Sweetwater has been the favorite for the past four years, winning two and losing two. This year they are once again the favorite as most would agree. Wylie has a decent run defense, but Wimberley ran all over them. Sweetwater has three players that can do the same. Can their O-line open the holes like Wimberley's did? That will be the key IMO.
I honestly think Sweetwater will try to pass a little just to mix things up.
Bottom line, my non-homer pick is Sweetwater 27-10, but you can never count out the Dawgs.

injuredinmelee
10-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Offense:
Sweetwater is loaded at the skill position. Speed kills and it just might this week. Wylie did a great job last year of keeping the backfield tandem of Green and Banyard running sideline to sideline. They will have to do that again to succced this time. You mix in the Mustangs big time Fullback who is tearing people up in the middle of the field and the Wylie linebackers will have to make great reads and smart decisions. You cant let these kids get into the secondary as you wont catch three of them.

Wylie: they must make long sustained drives. Eat the clock would be my game plan and keep the Mustang offense off the field. The Bulldogs must remain consistent in their offense. Mixing the run and pass and doing both effeciently. I dont think they have to be great to win friday night but they have to be effecient and well balanced. No "dumb" penalties. The false starts etc by either club will just make the task that much harder as it usually does. Wylie has been prone to those type of mistakes all year.

Defense:
Sweetwater msut pressure Gary Edwards but keep him contained to the middle of the field. If Edwards gets outside and finds a seam there arent but two kids in the area that might catch him. they both happen to call Sweetwater home. Disrupt the passing game and make Wylie one dimensional and you win.

Wylie: The Bulldogs did a great job last season of forcing the running backs to run parealel to the line of scrimmage and lettign the Linebackers and Corners make plays at the line of scrimmage. They must also avoid giving up the big play. they did an outstanding job against the kid from Clyde but he didnt have much help. Sweetwater will be better up front than the Clyde team was so they must make sure when they get their hands on the speedy mustang backs they make the play.

mustang68
10-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Interesting observations and thoughts.
Thanks.:)

injuredinmelee
10-25-2006, 03:56 PM
I cant decide which game this weekend I am looking the most forward to. This one ought to be fun.

NDFootball
10-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Yessir it will:D

thewyliefan
10-25-2006, 11:10 PM
i heard in the office at the highschool people were asking for tickets for this game the beginning of last week

should be packed

NDFootball
10-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
i heard in the office at the highschool people were asking for tickets for this game the beginning of last week

should be packed

Sweet man...you gonna be cheering for us?

Gsquared
10-26-2006, 07:07 AM

should be packed
Uh oh, I aint standin!

STANG RED
10-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Great assesment Injured! I think you pretty much nailed it.
Penalties and turnovers will be very expensive for either side in this game.

mustang68
10-26-2006, 09:11 AM
So is this game talked/hyped out?
Best of luck to both teams.

injuredinmelee
10-26-2006, 09:29 AM

should be packed

wyliefan be sure an join us for dinner at Enriques friday. I will get trhere around 6 or so. They will have seating for 20 to begin with and said thye will happily add more. Stang red is buying everyones dinner...

ok he isnt really you willhave to buy your own but you will get to say you had dinner with me.

STANG RED
10-26-2006, 09:52 AM
wyliefan be sure an join us for dinner at Enriques friday. I will get trhere around 6 or so. They will have seating for 20 to begin with and said thye will happily add more. Stang red is buying everyones dinner...

ok he isnt really you willhave to buy your own but you will get to say you had dinner with me.

Thanks for the disclaimer Injured. I was getting ready to walk the ticket. After all, YOU made the reservations. :D

injuredinmelee
10-26-2006, 10:03 AM
my check might not bounce that high...