PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Mixon comes home to Jasper .....

j_dog
07-18-2002, 11:08 PM
Jasper ISD has announced that baseball coach Mike Rogers took the head baseball job at 5a Alvin. Jasper has hired former Jasper player Shawn Mixon as their new head baseball coach. Shawn has been the baseball coach at Woodville since 1977.

Bulldog92
07-18-2002, 11:45 PM
That's awesome. Shawn was a great player and a good guy. He was at Woodville since '97, right? If you can get his e-mail address, send it to me...okay? I'd like to congratulate him....

Reveille
07-19-2002, 03:00 PM
Shawn should be an excellent replacement. Hey, He beat Rodgers twice last season.

Bulldog92
07-19-2002, 03:43 PM
I went to school with him and man could he hit. I'm sure he'll be there as long as he wants to stay. The Dogs are in good hands...

j_dog
07-20-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog92:
That's awesome. Shawn was a great player and a good guy. He was at Woodville since '97, right? If you can get his e-mail address, send it to me...okay? I'd like to congratulate him....

Good idea. I expected that his name would touch a note with you. I am also excited that he is returning. I think he will be good for the program. Thank you to Woodville for giving him some experience. The old fashioned snail mail is all that I know for now. If you send it to him c/o Jasper High School I would think he would get it.

Bulldog92
07-20-2002, 02:11 PM
I had no idea that he had gotten into coaching at all, to be honest, and hadn't heard a peep about him since I left Jasper. We were pretty good friends for a few years and I'm glad to see that things are going so well for him. I wonder if he's gonna be on the football staff, too....