PDA

View Full Version : SEALY 25 - CUERO 19

Tiger Turtle
09-20-2002, 11:31 PM
The usual Sealy/Cuero nail biter finish. The Gobblers scored with 1:35 to play to get within 6 points, but the Tigers managed to recover the ensuing onside kick to hold on for the win. Cuero QB Brandon Mays (?) had an outstanding night passing against Sealy's defense.

footballgal
09-20-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle:
The usual Sealy/Cuero nail biter finish. The Gobblers scored with 1:35 to play to get within 6 points, but the Tigers managed to recover the ensuing onside kick to hold on for the win. Cuero QB Brandon Mays (?) had an outstanding night passing against Sealy's defense.

Sounds like a great game; how did you win it on the ground or in the air ?

Pudlugger
09-21-2002, 06:19 AM
Congratulations Tiger Turtle and Sealy! Cuero is a solid team who unfortunately has a brutal pre-season schedule. How many yards did Andrus get?

Sealy should have a good chance winning district 23AAA. I think they can beat Bellville and Columbus. Good luck to the Tigers!

Old Green
09-21-2002, 08:01 AM
Congratulations Sealy on a hard fought game. I didn't make it, had to work. Typical hard fought game between the two teams I read in the Paper. Went down to the last minute as usual.

Tiger Turtle
09-21-2002, 08:54 PM
Andrus had 16 for 104, Williams 10 for 88. Damage was done on the ground, but mostly just good, hard football. Cuero's defense made Sealy work for everything, but it looked like they ran out of gas during the 4th quarter. I was disappointed at the size of the Gobbler crowd - the kids played hard and deserved more support. That Mays kid at QB is a good one. He made some real good throws under tough conditions.