PDA

View Full Version : giddings vs caldwell

strosfan
10-21-2006, 01:12 PM
The buffs travel to Caldwell to take on the hornets. Will Giddings keep rolling? Or will Caldwell bounce back after a tough loss to LG and upset the buffs. Tell me what you think.

Darren
10-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Caldwell loses by 21 and is out of the playoff race.

Just my opinion

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 03:11 PM
My opinion:
Giddings by 14. The Hornets will play them close but the Buffs will pull away in the 4th quarter.

formermbcouns
10-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Should be Giddings on paper, but who knows???

Caldwell seems pretty unpredictable this year.

Pudlugger
10-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Would like to hear from some Caldwell posters. I know they must feel bad about losing such a close game Friday. The Hornets are a very competetive and hard hitting team and I'm sure they will give Giddings a good game.

cgaceb
10-22-2006, 09:19 AM
caldwell 47
giddings 46

buffpride
10-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Caldwell, usually plays Giddings a really tough, physical game. For whatever reason Caldwell gets up for this game. It won't turn out like last year game,47-7, I believe they will play Giddings closer this year but Giddings still comes out with the win.

Giddings 42
Caldwell 24

buffpride
10-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Where's all the Caldwell posters? Don't you have an opinion?

CHS_Grad '85
10-23-2006, 10:41 AM
I think those boys in orange are ready for a win... they didn't get out played againt the leps - just outscored...

buffpride
10-23-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm expecting this to be a really good game. Should be pretty physical as well.

GATAPride77
10-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Caldwell lost by one and failed to convert on at least 4 PATs. I don't see anyone beating Giddings in district play.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by GATAPride77
Caldwell lost by one and failed to convert on at least 4 PATs. I don't see anyone beating Giddings in district play.

I saw that game, and caldwell did outplay LG, I also said Caldwells kicking game was off and thats why they lost. Good to see someone else saw that the Kicking game was off, Pud, said the kicking game was not off, but they also could not kick the ball deep after scoring. Giving the ball to LG on the 40 or so.

CHS_Grad '85
10-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Our kicking game has been a problem from the start... I thought Ketchem had settled into the position... I just wonder why Sims didn't take over the duties if K was not able to continue kicking (oh well, no second guessing now)... all I can say to the younger hornets - get out there and start kicking that ball... that'll be a sure way to make varsity as a fish (i.e. Harper)...

Pudlugger
10-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I saw that game, and caldwell did outplay LG, I also said Caldwells kicking game was off and thats why they lost. Good to see someone else saw that the Kicking game was off, Pud, said the kicking game was not off, but they also could not kick the ball deep after scoring. Giving the ball to LG on the 40 or so.

Only FBB could make a blocked kick go through the uprights. He badgers folks over bad kicking when the truth is the Leps blocked two PATS and the Hornets shot themselves in the foot on another when some Caldwell player celebrated excessively and got flagged for 15 after his team scored. The Hornets then had to try for 2 from the 18. They scored 5 tds: 1 PAT good; 2 blocked; 2 unsuccessful tries for 2. Pooch kickoffs against the grain to avoid Callis are difficult to execute, unless of course you are from Bellville like FBB. Stop blaming the kicker. If Caldwell was better than La Grange they would have stopped the Leps in the last possesion rather than allow Callis to run 64 yards for a td out running their fastest players in the process. Furthermore, the Hornets had 3 minutes left to score a td or even fg to win and they got intercepted. Why blame the kicker with so much blame to go around? Sheeze! It is like arguing with a 9 year old with some of you guys on here. The Bulls better beat the Leps big Friday or FBB will be eating a lot of my Crow soup.:D

infamous
10-23-2006, 05:27 PM
giddings has this in the bag

buffpride
10-24-2006, 01:05 PM
I hope your right, but you can't underestimate the Hornets.

Go Buffs!!

Darren
10-25-2006, 09:46 PM
We will see the results on Friday. Hope the buffs can take care of business.

buffpride
10-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Any word on the condition of the field? I heard that the field was covered in water for the 7th and 8th grade games causing them to cancel the games.