PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Game of the Week (8): Ingleside @ Orange Grove

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2006, 12:12 PM
Ingleside Mustangs will be taking on Orange Grove Bulldogs in this 30-3A fight for the first place position.

The Mustangs come into the game 6-1 (2-0 district) with their only loss coming to Port Lavaca Calhoun. The Bulldogs are sitting with a perfect 7-0 record (2-0 district).

Thoughts? Predictions?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Ingleside wins by at least 3 td's, Orange Grove will struggle to keep up with the 'stangs. Ingleside 41 Orange Grove 20

big daddy russ
10-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Ingleside brought back 17 starters from last year's squad that went to Regionals, but Orange Grove looks like the real deal. Should be a good game.

99IHSMustang
10-21-2006, 01:08 PM
I think this is going to be a close and exciting game. I believe that the Mustangs have really come together now that district play has started. I am rooting for the Mustangs!

Bull Butter
10-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm picking the Mustangs in a close one, even though I'm supporting the 'Dogs, due to their lack of representation on the Downlow.

GO BULLDOGS!

stxfootballfan
10-21-2006, 03:09 PM
After seeing both teams play, Ingleside takes this one easy. Orange Grove doesn't have any smashmouth runners, which appears to be Inglesides only weakness at this point. The speed in Orange Groves backfield will mean nothing against the speedy Ingleside Defense.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Ingleside passing game is what will open this game up. OG run defense is good, but secondary can be exposed and will.

99IHSMustang
10-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
After seeing both teams play, Ingleside takes this one easy. Orange Grove doesn't have any smashmouth runners, which appears to be Inglesides only weakness at this point. The speed in Orange Groves backfield will mean nothing against the speedy Ingleside Defense.

Its good to have opinions from fans that have seen both teams play. I haven't seen OG play, but they aren't 7-0 for nothing.... I am already anticipating this game.

IHStangFan
10-21-2006, 08:10 PM
this is going to be a great one! I am highly agitated that I am on call this coming weekend!! :mad:

gobbler grad
10-22-2006, 07:00 PM
whose the underdog here...I'll take a chance with Orange Grove...

footballgal
10-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Without hesitation, I am going with Ingleside.

piratebg
10-23-2006, 07:33 AM
I have this feeling the Mustangs are going to take this one by a considerable margin. Good luck to both teams.

big_stew
10-23-2006, 03:28 PM
I would not want to be the defensive coordinator who has to try and figure out how to stop Ingleside's offense. Mathis after getting beat deep down the middle put their safeties 20-25 yards deep. Ingleside then just ran up the middle and passed underneath. The only way OG can hang is to beat them in a high scoring game. Ingleside will score in the 40's. I doubt that OG can score 40 on Ingleside's defense.

Fish's mom
10-23-2006, 06:20 PM
I believe this should be a good game with both teams having to play their best in order to win. I have not seen OG play so I'd be a homer if I noted anything other than what I know.

GO MUSTANGS

SintonFan
10-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Which Ingleside team shows up this week? This game will be a close one. OG is
probably the most consistent team right now in district. They do have a pretty good power running game imho. They are gonna be tough at home. Does that visitor's side seat about 200 or what. It's about as bad as Taft.:doh:
This game is as tough as last week's game to decide.:doh:

Old Tiger
10-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Orange Grove

99IHSMustang
10-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Anyone have any info on some of the Orange Grove players? I was listening to the H.S Football Podcast on Caller.com and the two guys that do the show said that OG didn't have any realy Star or Outstanding players, but that they played really well with what they do have. Sounds like Orange Grove executes there plays very well and don't make many mistakes. Ingleside on the other hand has several Outstanding players in Joel Johnson (WR), Zach Adams (RB,WR), Josh Coffield (QB), Justin Chambers (OL,LB).

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Anyone have any info on some of the Orange Grove players? I was listening to the H.S Football Podcast on Caller.com and the two guys that do the show said that OG didn't have any realy Star or Outstanding players, but that they played really well with what they do have.

The two that stand out in my mind are Israel Ochoa #12 and Moses Aguilar #33. You might go to the Caller Times to see some of their stats for previous games...I would post the ones from AP, but that is kind of like pouring salt in the wound.

Good luck to the Mustangs...I think you will win based on your speed...their D is strong, but y'all are fast! :)

pirate4state
10-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I have this feeling the Mustangs are going to take this one by a considerable margin. Good luck to both teams. As much as it pains me to admit this....I agree. If Ingleside doesn't blow out OG then they aren't the team I've been hearing about all year!! :cool:

piratebg
10-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
As much as it pains me to admit this....I agree. If Ingleside doesn't blow out OG then they aren't the team I've been hearing about all year!! :cool:

I'm about 75% confident in that prediction, but the fact that Mathis, no matter how they did it, put 32 points on the Mustangs has me a little curious about the Ingleside D. I'm very sure the Mustangs will win, but I don't know how close OG will keep it.

pirate4state
10-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I'm about 75% confident in that prediction, but the fact that Mathis, no matter how they did it, put 32 points on the Mustangs has me a little curious about the Ingleside D. I'm very sure the Mustangs will win, but I don't know how close OG will keep it. true, true - but I guess we need to stop worrying about this game and worry about Mathis! :p

piratebg
10-26-2006, 11:48 AM
I haven't really worried about Mathis since 00-01, but this year they have caught my attention. They are gonna put up a fight.

99IHSMustang
10-26-2006, 02:36 PM
As much as it pains me to admit this....I agree. If Ingleside doesn't blow out OG then they aren't the team I've been hearing about all year!! :cool:

Well Sinton is the team I have been hearing about all year! :D

JakefootballGOD
10-26-2006, 03:04 PM
og defensive is fast and not scared to hit you! ingleside is gonna have problems, i pick og in a great football game

99IHSMustang
10-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
og defensive is fast and not scared to hit you! ingleside is gonna have problems, i pick og in a great football game

It's about time we got at least 1 OG poster saying something.

pirate4state
10-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Well Sinton is the team I have been hearing about all year! :D What can I say? People love to hate us!! :p :D

99IHSMustang
10-26-2006, 03:38 PM
What can I say? People love to hate us!! :p :D

Your a good sport P4S... I was waiting to hear some smack talk for sure.... lol

pirate4state
10-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Your a good sport P4S... I was waiting to hear some smack talk for sure.... lol I'm saving it for week 10!!! :devil:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD

they are tough to run on but their passing defense needs to get better, Taft put points against them passing, sinton was only able to move the ball by passing. Look for Inlgeside to air it out and play finesse football:D

CueroGobblers
10-26-2006, 06:49 PM
I was at the Ingleside and Mathis game last week. It was a good 1st half. Igleside was running shotgun all night. What hurt Mathis that night was the receivers of the Mustangs. Too much height advantage. Mathis was play off the receivers about 10 yrds so the would run comeback routes and get 5 yrds all the time and then they would bring Zack in motion and hand off to them so they had them on there heels all night. Zack did most of the damage that night. I do have to give it to Mathis bcuz they did show up to play ball. On the first play, Tyler Raab threw a 92 yrd pass( which he is only a sophomore) to #5. He was gone. They were crowding that line thinking it was going to be a run and they got burned not once but twice. Mathis was only behind 10 points at half. Ingleside probably thought that this was going to be a blowout. If Mathis secondary had some height they would have won that game.

99IHSMustang
10-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
I was at the Ingleside and Mathis game last week. It was a good 1st half. Igleside was running shotgun all night. What hurt Mathis that night was the receivers of the Mustangs. Too much height advantage. Mathis was play off the receivers about 10 yrds so the would run comeback routes and get 5 yrds all the time and then they would bring Zack in motion and hand off to them so they had them on there heels all night. Zack did most of the damage that night. I do have to give it to Mathis bcuz they did show up to play ball. On the first play, Tyler Raab threw a 92 yrd pass( which he is only a sophomore) to #5. He was gone. They were crowding that line thinking it was going to be a run and they got burned not once but twice. Mathis was only behind 10 points at half. Ingleside probably thought that this was going to be a blowout. If Mathis secondary had some height they would have won that game.

Ok.. sure they would have :rolleyes:

CueroGobblers
10-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Hey thats just my opinion bro. Don't get ur get all bend about it. Say, we were picked to finish last in the district and here we are scoring 32 points against Igleside. Yall should make the playoffs but if you give up 32 points against a better team han us yall are going to be knocked out real quick. Which will probably happen!!

99IHSMustang
10-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey thats just my opinion bro. Don't get ur get all bend about it. Say, we were picked to finish last in the district and here we are scoring 32 points against Igleside. Yall should make the playoffs but if you give up 32 points against a better team han us yall are going to be knocked out real quick. Which will probably happen!!

What is don't get your get??? :confused: Just like you, I have the right to my own opinion. Oh.. and I never said that Mathis didn't play a good game against us. Don't hate - congratulate. ;)

CueroGobblers
10-26-2006, 11:10 PM
what i meant to say was don't get bent out of shape!!!!:confused: Say 99, Who was the team that knocked yall out of the playoffs last year? :thinking: Just wondering!!:evil:

99IHSMustang
10-27-2006, 06:54 AM
what i meant to say was don't get bent out of shape!!!!:confused: Say 99, Who was the team that knocked yall out of the playoffs last year? :thinking: Just wondering!!:evil:

It was Cuero. They have a very good football team year end and year out.

99IHSMustang
10-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Unexpected showdown (http://www.caller.com/ccct/high_school_football/article/0,1641,CCCT_11856_5098274,00.html)

Caller-Times article talking about the game.

stxfootballfan
10-27-2006, 11:39 AM

If Ingleside would've had bigger, faster, stronger kids they would've beat Cuero last year. :D 95% of the time a team wins due to some type of advantage. It could be height, speed, or better coaching just to name a few. Is anyone going to be updating the board with the score from the game? I have to work!:weeping:

big_stew
10-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Could someone try and answer this question for me. If Ingleside's offense is on, how do you stop them?

Fish's mom
10-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
If Ingleside would've had bigger, faster, stronger kids they would've beat Cuero last year. :D 95% of the time a team wins due to some type of advantage. It could be height, speed, or better coaching just to name a few. Is anyone going to be updating the board with the score from the game? I have to work!:weeping:

I'll call someone with updates to keep the board up if they PM with their number.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2006, 12:01 PM
thow a flag on them, that stop them real quick.

big daddy russ
10-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by big_stew
Could someone try and answer this question for me. If Ingleside's offense is on, how do you stop them?
If you have two great corners, it can be done. Problem is, two great corners on a 3A team are hard to find. I know Gilmer, WO-S (are they going D1?), and Cuero has them, but I haven't seen enough teams to know of anyone else.

When the offense is rolling, Ingleside's a tough draw. The scariest thing is that it looks like the offense is still gelling. That team doesn't usually get on a roll until the last two weeks of the season/the playoffs.

99IHSMustang
10-27-2006, 12:34 PM
I always call SintonFan and IHStang with the updates, but I don't know if they are going to be able to post them.

IHStangFan
10-27-2006, 02:41 PM
I always call SintonFan and IHStang with the updates, but I don't know if they are going to be able to post them. I'm on call, but if I dont get called out this evening, we're planning on goin to watch Needville -vs- Columbia so I wont be able to post during the game....although.......maybe I can....I'll give it a shot w/ my Blackberry. (shrug)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2006, 02:42 PM
I always call SintonFan and IHStang with the updates, but I don't know if they are going to be able to post them.
i'll pm u my phone # if u cant get them and i 'll update ingleside score on the DLow

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'm on call, but if I dont get called out this evening, we're planning on goin to watch Needville -vs- Columbia so I wont be able to post during the game....although.......maybe I can....I'll give it a shot w/ my Blackberry. (shrug)

blackberry hehe get pcphone its faster

IHStangFan
10-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
blackberry hehe get pcphone its faster didnt have a choice, i bought it for work so i can get my emails as we use a blackberry server and anything else would require a hole in the firewall...which we all know is a no-no. :)

SintonFan
10-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Good luck to yall! Have a great second half.:cool:

IHStangFan
10-27-2006, 10:12 PM
End of 3rd ingleside 21 og 14

pirate4state
10-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Unexpected showdown (http://www.caller.com/ccct/high_school_football/article/0,1641,CCCT_11856_5098274,00.html)

Caller-Times article talking about the game.

Its funny how people always ending talking about Sinton, even if they are only now 3-5. Must be a pretty good 3-5 team.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Its funny how people always ending talking about Sinton, even if they are only now 3-5. Must be a pretty good 3-5 team.

we are like GP 3-5 but in much better shape:D