PDA

View Full Version : Games of the Week - weeks 9 & 10

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2006, 11:46 AM
I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up on the games I'm looking at for the last couple of weeks. One has been "promised" for a while, and another was requested over another game picked for the same team. Should something happen in the next week or so to change the previous request, please let me know so I can look elsewhere. Also, if you have a special request, or know of a better game (please state WHY), post it here or pm me. :) (FYI: The RII games for both weeks are pretty well decided, but the other Regions aren't set.)

Week 9:
Region II: Dallas Roosevelt @ Dallas Madison
Region IV: Port Isabel @ Rio Hondo

Week 10:
Region I: Canyon @ Dalhart
Region II: Crandall @ Kaufman
Region III: China Spring @ Gatesville
Region IV: Hondo @ Devine

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Sinton vs Ingleside game week 10 or 11? that maybe for the district championship if Sinton keeps winning from here on out and Ingleside takes care of Orange Grove this coming friday.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Bellville vs Giddings!!!! week 9 sould be a top 15, or higher match up!

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Sinton vs Ingleside game week 10 or 11? that maybe for the district championship if Sinton keeps winning from here on out and Ingleside takes care of Orange Grove this coming friday.
I had that originally penciled in.....talk to p4s. She's scary! :eek: :eek: :D ;)

Boosty_Hondo
10-22-2006, 12:23 AM
i agree with the hondo vs. devine game for week 10 that will be a brawl for the gold ball as always and it sohuld be a 9-0 vs 9-0 game as well

ILS1
10-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Week 9: Hutto vs. Bye #2

Week 10: Taylor @ Hutto (first EVER game played against our neighbors just 7 miles away. Taylor used to make fun of us because we were so small. Taylor has been up and down from 3A to 4A,while we were stuck in 1A. Then growth start coming. Moved up to 2A in 1988. Moved up to 3A in 2002. We will move up to 4A in 2008!!!! They are calling it the 1st Annual Hwy. 79 Rivalry!!! They already have t-shirts made. They look REALLY cool!!!! My,have times changed!!!!

:D :D :D

fireman1
10-22-2006, 10:32 AM
week 10 Region III should be Wharton vs. Needville its always a good game

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville vs Giddings!!!! week 9 sould be a top 15, or higher match up!

Region 3!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Region 3!!!
If ya'll will talk on there, it's a distinct possibility. :)

wooden bear
10-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Cuero at Bye, Cuero cant stop the run and we all know Bye can run the hell out of it.

kaorder1999
10-22-2006, 09:26 PM
that REgion 2 game in Week 10 could possibly be for a district title. Big time rivalry too!

Phantom Stang
10-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Week 9
RegionIII: Liberty Hill @ Taylor
GO DUCKS!!:D

----------------------------------------------------------------------
TAYLOR IS GOOD!!!

big daddy russ
10-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Even if both Ingleside and Sinton won out, I'd still pencil in Hondo vs. Devine over both of us. Both teams are legitimate top-seven teams in the region, and both will probably go into the game undefeated.

Centextrash
10-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Week 9...Giddings vs Bellville

Probably for district championship.
A close playoff game in 2005.

footballgal
10-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Week 9, Rio Hondo Bobcats vs Port Isabel Tarpons for the district championship, if PI beats Hidalgo this Friday of course. BTW, this week's game between PI vs Hidalgo is also a very important game. We loose we tie Hidalgo we win, it sets up the championship game in week 9.

gobblerfan02
10-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Week 9, Rio Hondo Bobcats vs Port Isabel Tarpons for the district championship, if PI beats Hidalgo this Friday of course. BTW, this week's game between PI vs Hidalgo is also a very important game. We loose we tie Hidalgo we win, it sets up the championship game in week 9.

Week 9, I'd have to say Cuero vs. Gonzales, both are 2-0 in district right now, and both teams are always up for a good game! Gonzales has pretty much assured themselves a D1 playoff spot, sending Cuero and probably Yoakum to the D2 bracket unless Palacious or Goliad can pull an upset within the next few weeks!

footballgal
10-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Well PI and Rio Hondo are also both 2-0 right now. This one would be for Div II, both are small school. This game will be so big last year's defending champs vs 2004 champs trying to regain the district crown. Talk is already going on, but PI still has to play Hidalgo, while Rio Hondo has two weeks to prepare for PI as they are OPEN this Friday. Tarpons want to revenage a game that went to OT last season and a extra point missed, seals the game and championship for Rio Hondo.

tigerpride_08
10-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
week 10 Region III should be Wharton vs. Needville its always a good game

i agree...should be big to whoever wins or loses this week...

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2006, 07:01 AM
I've added Week 9 Region III & IV for now, unless something changes after this week's games. The Battle of the Bell (Rockdale @ Cameron Yoe) could be another Region III possibility.

How is Abilene Wylie @ Breckenridge (week 9) looking for Region I right now? Anyone???

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-24-2006, 09:18 PM
If Bellville wins vs La Grange, what better game than 2 top 15 or higher teams going at it in week 9. Is there any other top 15 teams playing in week 9, in R3? But if you are just spreading the love pick 2 teams that will be 0-8, looking for their 1st win. First things first Bellville gets a win Friday night.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2006, 10:05 PM
pick 2 teams that will be 0-8, looking for their 1st win.
Good idea! :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2006, 08:26 AM
ttt

footballgal
10-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Well PI and Rio Hondo are also both 2-0 right now. This one would be for Div II, both are small school. This game will be so big last year's defending champs vs 2004 champs trying to regain the district crown. Talk is already going on, but PI still has to play Hidalgo, while Rio Hondo has two weeks to prepare for PI as they are OPEN this Friday. Tarpons want to revenage a game that went to OT last season and a extra point missed, seals the game and championship for Rio Hondo.

With PIs win last night, this game is for the district championship, against 11th ranked Rio Hondo Bobcats.

SEAWALL DEFENSE! GO TARPONS GO!!!
http://smilie-land.de/t/q-s/sport/sport2001.gif

GO
FIGHT
WIN!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/travesmilies/smilie_schal1.gif

gobblerfan02
10-28-2006, 11:05 AM
With PIs win last night, this game is for the district championship, against 11th ranked Rio Hondo Bobcats.

SEAWALL DEFENSE! GO TARPONS GO!!!
http://smilie-land.de/t/q-s/sport/sport2001.gif

GO
FIGHT
WIN!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/travesmilies/smilie_schal1.gif

I guess the loser will play us, but after all, it is PI versus Rio Hondo, but I still think Cuero vs. Gonzales will be a MUCH HIGHER CALIBUR game. Cuero is 2-0 and Gonzales is now 3-0 after stomping Yoakum last night, so I would give the nod to the District 29-3A game of the week to decide the district championship!

GO MEAN GREEN!

footballgal
10-28-2006, 11:07 AM
:rolleyes: ...starting to sound like your coach, don't forget 1994! :D Sorry, I couldn't resist, to your "much higher caliber" remark.

BTW, we play district 31 first, before we play anyone in 29.

tigerbyheart
10-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I've added Week 9 Region III & IV for now, unless something changes after this week's games. The Battle of the Bell (Rockdale @ Cameron Yoe) could be another Region III possibility.

How is Abilene Wylie @ Breckenridge (week 9) looking for Region I right now? Anyone???

I think it would make a great GOTW... It seems like no matter who has the best team of the two, these two play each other close... I wish I was going to watch this one.....

pirate4state
10-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I guess the loser will play us, but after all, it is PI versus Rio Hondo, but I still think Cuero vs. Gonzales will be a MUCH HIGHER CALIBUR game. Cuero is 2-0 and Gonzales is now 3-0 after stomping Yoakum last night, so I would give the nod to the District 29-3A game of the week to decide the district championship!

GO MEAN GREEN!

LOL!! It will be interesting for sure, but do you really think Gonzales can make a game of it??? :thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL!! It will be interesting for sure, but do you really think Gonzales can make a game of it??? :thinking:

this has been a strange year and maybe Gonzales has improved from where they were in the start of the season and might give the Gobblers a good game.

gobblerfan02
10-28-2006, 11:39 AM
:rolleyes: ...starting to sound like your coach, don't forget 1994! :D Sorry, I couldn't resist, to your "much higher caliber" remark.

BTW, we play district 31 first, before we play anyone in 29.

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound the way it did, I was just poking fun at the way you tried to spice up your decisive district championship game!:D

DTownJack88
10-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Week 9, Diboll Vs. Crockett, both teams 3-0 district, game is for District Championship

pirate4state
10-28-2006, 03:15 PM
If Bellville wins vs La Grange, what better game than 2 top 15 or higher teams going at it in week 9. Is there any other top 15 teams playing in week 9, in R3? But if you are just spreading the love pick 2 teams that will be 0-8, looking for their 1st win. First things first Bellville gets a win Friday night. I'd rather have Bellville-Giddings as a Wild Card option. :D :D

Bull's-eye
10-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Bellville vs Giddings

FSN DQ game of the week, they think it's one ot the best in the whole state!:clap:

pirate4state
10-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville vs Giddings

FSN DQ game of the week, they think it's one ot the best in the whole state!:clap: They also thought Beeville-Gp was. :devil: :evillol:

j/k - sorta

Good Luck Brahmas!!! :clap:

Bull's-eye
10-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Bellville vs Giddings

Two of the top Region 3 teams...........it's a no brainer.:wave:

Cats Fan
10-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Rio Hondo vs Port Isabel. No matter what PI people try and tell you, this game is a rivalry game. Both are undefeated in district, and Rio Hondo wants to improve on last years success and go deep in the playoffs!

RH vs PI for region 4

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Region III game will be up later tonight or early in the morning.

Old Tiger
10-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Giddings Bellville can't be DQ big game and Region III

It's not fair! :D

footballgal
10-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound the way it did, I was just poking fun at the way you tried to spice up your decisive district championship game!:D

lol, Really not trying to spice it up, it really is a big game for the Tarpons and the Bobcats. The District Championship, is one of several Tarpons have set as goals, this season. One other one, was accomplished last night, that is making the playoffs. (1 game left in the reg season, Tarps are Open wk 10)

Originally posted by Cats Fan
Rio Hondo vs Port Isabel. No matter what PI people try and tell you, this game is a rivalry game. Both are undefeated in district, and Rio Hondo wants to improve on last years success and go deep in the playoffs!

RH vs PI for region 4
NOOO, it's not rivalry! It's just that the Bobcats, have something the Tarpons want back. Bobcats have had it for a whole year, it's time to give it back.:D

pirate4state
11-04-2006, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Week 10:
Region I: Canyon @ Dalhart
Region II: Crandall @ Kaufman
Region III: China Spring @ Gatesville
Region IV: Hondo @ Devine

Are these a go? :nerd: :D

don't you hate when you are so tired, you can't sleep? :doh:

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Are these a go? :nerd: :D

don't you hate when you are so tired, you can't sleep? :doh:
I've got to see how everything turned out last night. And, yes....I do.

fireman1
11-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Wharton vs. Needville should be region III's GOTW both teams are going for a playoff spot