PDA

View Full Version : Hutto @ Liberty Hill

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2006, 10:53 AM
According to "some" ( ;) ), Hutto has all but secured the District 18-3A title. I know there has been some "talk" about this game already for the last 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately for the Hippos, there's this little team to the Northwest that truly believes they have as good of a chance at winning the title.

The Hippos have a 6-1 record (2-0 in district) with their 29-14 loss to Giddings. The Panthers are sitting at 4-2 (1-0 in district) with losses to Cuero and Wimberley, by a total of 8 points combined.

Any thoughts on this game? :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Liberty Hill by 14

Ranger Mom
10-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Gotta go with Liberty Hill and "THE BEAST"!!

44INAROW
10-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Any thoughts on this game? :D

I wish we were able to go see this one :cool:

hutex04
10-21-2006, 12:13 PM
i think liberty hill wins, i hope iam wrong tho

TAMUGRAD
10-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I wish we were able to go see this one :cool:

I would love to see this one, but I think hubby is wanting to go to a game that does not require so much drive time.

Maybe we can listen to it. If not I'll have to watch the posts on here.

gobbler grad
10-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Gotta go with Liberty Hill...should be a good game for all to see...wish it was closer to home...

good luck Panthers...:clap:

Tx Challenge
10-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Two great teams in this one. Got to go with LH in this one though.

GreenMonster
10-21-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm hoping Hutto wins by 60. :D Why, just to get under LHPM's skin a little.

Old Tiger
10-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Liberty Hill by 17.

formermbcouns
10-21-2006, 12:42 PM
I'll say LH will take this one.

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by formermbcouns
I'll say LH will take this one.

Former and I actually agree here. I think it will be a high scoring close game with LH edging out the Hippos at the close.

formermbcouns
10-21-2006, 01:18 PM
You mean that you and I have never agreed on anything else before? lol

Originally posted by Pudlugger
Former and I actually agree here. I think it will be a high scoring close game with LH edging out the Hippos at the close.

Dogman_1969
10-21-2006, 03:45 PM
I think that Liberty Hill wins this one but not by much. It may come down to home field advantage. Rockdale moved the ball on Hutto but only by spreading them out. I think Kerley will give the Panthers some match up problems just like he does everyone else.

I think Liberty Hill wins by 7.......

theyoefnshow
10-21-2006, 03:46 PM
pickin lh to win based on numbers but ill be sittin with the hippos. should be a great shootout of a game! imagine hutto beat cameron....lh beats hutto.....then cameron upsets liberty hill.....that'd be hilarious

wimbo_pro
10-21-2006, 06:58 PM
LH in a typical LH blow out. LH's offense will be too much for Hutto's defense, controlling the clock and keeping Hutto's offense off the field. When Hutto does get on offense, they will move the ball well, but not enough to overcome a decent LH defense.

HipposGitErDun
10-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Wow,,, Sounds like last years playoffs,,, Hutto is not match for ___________________ (fill in the blank)
Is this 3A downlow or the panther press?

pirate4state
10-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by HipposGitErDun
Wow,,, Sounds like last years playoffs,,, Hutto is not match for ___________________ (fill in the blank)

Cuero??

GO PANTHERS!!!

theyoefnshow
10-22-2006, 09:03 AM
actually Hutto heard that quite a bit last year.....Gilmer, Cuero, Cameron, Marlin.....and they beat (save for Gilmer) them all.

TAMUGRAD
10-22-2006, 09:31 AM
In this district match up, I'm going with the Panthers. LH offense will eat up the clock and wear Hutto defense down. If Hutto offense chooses to strike quick with the pass then their defense is right back on the field, making for a grueling night for the Hutto D.

Man, I wish I could see this one.

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2006, 09:36 AM
You have the AAS, we have the DL. :p (J/K....)

I expect this to be a good game, and could come down to who scores last wins. I hope we can put it away early, but it could very well be a shoot-out.

ILS1
10-22-2006, 09:41 AM
I really think it's gonna be a high scoring game and the last team to have the ball will win. Liberty Hill is actually the quick striking team. While Hutto is the grind it out,5 yards and a cloud dust and have the ball for 5-6 minute drives. But they can throw the ball when they have to. It should be one for the ages because both teams know how to win and know what it takes to win!!!!

:D

TAMUGRAD
10-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
Liberty Hill is actually the quick striking team. While Hutto is the grind it out,5 yards and a cloud dust and have the ball for 5-6 minute drives.

Have you seen LH play?

It is:
Step 1: up the middle for 3
Step 2: up the middle for 4
Step 3: around the outside for 3 - 1st down.

Repeat steps 1,2 and 3 in any order all night.
Talk about time consuming and grinding it out.

Good luck to both teams. I agree the last one with the ball wins. The coach is a strategist, and I'm betting LH has the ball last.

LHPfactory
10-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Like I posted on another thread, LH and Hutto was the best game I watched last year... we won the shoot out. About 4 minutes in to the 4th Q we had Hutto under control and were still hammering. Hutto does not have that big O line this year and I think we should be able to wear them down. Kerly is great and Wampler is very good but I dont think it will be enough. No score predictions here cause Hutto has only played one top dog team this year (Giddings) and did not even come close. Hutto is a quality team with key players that know how to win, I dont know if they were having a bad night and have improved greatly like Wimberly did or does the fluffy schedule make them look better than they really are?.... Or did Giddings show them as they are...good but not great? Should be a great game!

CueroDad2006
10-22-2006, 11:06 AM
If Hutto is as good as there were last year,I would take LH this year,They are by far alot better team than Hutto was last year.
Best running game in 3a right now.
LH
Hutto

pirate4state
10-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
Have you seen LH play?

It is:

Repeat steps 1,2 and 3 in any order all night.
Talk about time consuming and grinding it out.

Good luck to both teams. I agree the last one with the ball wins. The coach is a strategist, and I'm betting LH has the ball last. :clap: :clap: No kidding!!! They did have that ONE quick strike against you guys maybe that's what ISL1 is talking about. ;)

:cheerl: :cheerl: GO PANTHERS GO!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

ILS1
10-22-2006, 11:28 AM
It is:

It's more like:

Step 2: to right side for 4
Step 3: to the left for 3 more- 1st down.
Step 4: to the right for 5
Step 5: counter up the middle for 60 yard TD!!!

Yes,I've seen LH play against Wimberley this year. They are vulnerable to the pass and play action. The love to blitz up the middle especially on 2nd and 3rd down. They try to lull you to sleep with their offense and then bust one for 60-70 yards. They love those counters!!! Hutto did not play their best game against Giddings. Hutto had 6 turnovers!! Mainly on the option play. No,Hutto's offensive line is not as good as last year. But their defense is better this year. It should be a great game!!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
But their defense is better this year.
So is ours. :D :devil: :devil:

HipposGitErDun
10-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
If Hutto is as good as there were last year,I would take LH this year,They are by far alot better team than Hutto was last year.

So,, since Hutto beat Cuero last year,,, and LH lost to Cuero this year... I can only assume that Cueros 06 team is 21 points better than the 05 team?

44INAROW
10-22-2006, 12:38 PM
So,, since Hutto beat Cuero last year,,, and LH lost to Cuero this year... I can only assume that Cueros 06 team is 21 points better than the 05 team?

I haven't seen Hutto play this year, so my prediction is just a guess - LH 34 Hutto 21

Tx Challenge
10-22-2006, 01:42 PM

I would not "assume" anything about the 05 vs 06 Cuero teams based on past games. The Hutto vs Cuero was a playoff game on neutral field. Cuero vs LH in 06 was in Cuero. A totally differnt situation.

Both Hutto and LH are going to be ready for this game. LH has had an off week to prepare. They both are capable of shutting down the other. I follow both teams and give the edge to LH. They are two great teams though that will go deep this year

Mean Green Fan
10-22-2006, 02:45 PM
I think LH takes this one in a close game.

lhpantherdad
10-22-2006, 03:12 PM
All I can say is that LH has lost to TWO away games to state-ranked teams (Cuero and Wimperly). Hutto has lost to only ONE ranked team (Giddings) at home. So who's had the hardest schedule, huh? ;)

To say that Hutto has the district in the bag, is quite premature! LH beat Hutto last year @ LH. This year they are playing in the Panther's Den again! :p

Ranger Mom
10-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad
All I can say is that LH has lost to TWO away games to state-ranked teams (Cuero and Wimperly). Hutto has lost to only ONE ranked team (Giddings) at home. So who's had the hardest schedule, huh? ;)

To say that Hutto has the district in the bag, is quite premature! LH beat Hutto last year @ LH. This year they are playing in the Panther's Den again! :p

DAD!!! Nice to see you again!!

hutex04
10-22-2006, 04:09 PM
no one from hutto thinks we have the district in the bag. Thats the statesman saying that. Everyone in hutto and the players know that we need to beat Liberty Hill to win district. We are 0-6 vs Liberty Hill the last 6 years. Id love for us to finally win one but I think the results will be the same. Close high scoring game that Liberty Hill pulls away in the end. go hippos!

tr3571
10-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Hutto Wins

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
no one from hutto thinks we have the district in the bag. Thats the statesman saying that.
Silly Statesman.... ;) I'm really looking forward to I expect will be a good game!

HipposGitErDun
10-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
I would not "assume" anything about the 05 vs 06 Cuero teams based on past games. The Hutto vs Cuero was a playoff game on neutral field. Cuero vs LH in 06 was in Cuero. A totally differnt situation.

I only "assumed" to make a point. If you really think that last years Hutto team at the end of the year(during the playoff run) is not as good as LH, I am not only willing to concede the district championship, but state as well.

Here is a question. Do you think that in 6 straight weeks, LH's 06 team could beat Rice, Bridge City, Marlin, Cameron and Cuero? And then play within a few seconds of beating Tatum? If so, the rest of us are playing for state runner up.

While I think LH has a great team and may very well win on Friday night, they are most definitely NOT better than the Hippos were during last years playoff run.

If you believe that, I have some land I would like to sell you. It is a beautiful little oceanfront parcel with a seaside cottage in AZ.

Now that all of that nonsense speculation is cleared up, lets discuss this year.

Hutto is NOT as good as they were last year.
Somehow, LH is better though they lost some great running backs.
Hutto makes too many mistakes this year,,, penalties and turnovers are a problem.
Huttos offense is pretty good considering we lost all but one of our O-Line.
Though I have not seen LH play this year, many people on this board have, and I have to believe that we are in trouble on Friday night.
Hutto is very banged up right now,, but most should be back by playoff time.
Win or lose, we will be supporting the boys on Friday.

Get back to me if you are interested in that land.

Pudlugger
10-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Good post and great rebuttal. Just one thing though, you meant Tatum , not Gilmer . Right?

HipposGitErDun
10-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Good post and great rebuttal. Just one thing though, you meant Tatum , not Gilmer . Right?

YUP,,,, it has been a long day,,, thanks for catching that! I edited the post!

LHMom
10-22-2006, 07:25 PM
I have not seen Hutto play this year so I can't really make a pick based on anything other than stats and hearsay. My husband saw the 2nd half of the Hutto/Cameron Yoe game. Based on his comments, I'm going with LH. With that said, a LH victory will only come if they play with the level of determination that they did in Cuero and Wimberley. And I think they will. So here's to the Panthers, by 10.

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
With that said, a LH victory will only come if they play with the level of determination that they did in Cuero and Wimberley.
That will be the key. :thumbsup:

HipposGitErDun
10-22-2006, 07:49 PM
I have not seen Hutto play this year so I can't really make a pick based on anything other than stats and hearsay. My husband saw the 2nd half of the Hutto/Cameron Yoe game. Based on his comments, I'm going with LH. With that said, a LH victory will only come if they play with the level of determination that they did in Cuero and Wimberley. And I think they will. So here's to the Panthers, by 10.

If he used the 2nd half of Cameron as his yardstick,,, and still picked LH, I am glad he did not see the first half, or he may have picked LH by 100.

GreenMachine
10-22-2006, 07:58 PM
If he used the 2nd half of Cameron as his yardstick,,, and still picked LH, I am glad he did not see the first half, or he may have picked LH by 100. If LH plays Hutto like they played us it should be a great game. I think that this is the "nailbiter" game of the week. ;)

HipposGitErDun
10-22-2006, 08:00 PM

Serious question LHPM,,, Have you guys added any seats to the visitors side? If not, I am going to have to get there at 4 o'clock to get a decent seat.

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Serious question LHPM,,, Have you guys added any seats to the visitors side? If not, I am going to have to get there at 4 o'clock to get a decent seat.
Uhm......the answer would be "no". There might be some temporary stands set up, but I'm not sure.

Snydertigersrul
10-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Uhm......the answer would be "no". There might be some temporary stands set up, but I'm not sure.

Go Hutto

:clap:
:clap:
:clap: :clap:

theyoefnshow
10-22-2006, 08:40 PM
I said as soon as the Yoe/Hippo game was over that Cameron beat Cameron. 13-7 at halftime is NOT domination of any team regardless of what you want to believe. Cameron KILLED THEMSELVES in the 3rd quarter with a terrible kicking game & miscues and you cannot deny that. 1st real play of the 3rd quarter was 1st & 28 from our own 8 after back to back penalties. Like I said, Hutto scored 3 touchdowns and had to travel only 50 yards to get all 3. They are good but they're gonna have their hands full.

LHPfactory
10-22-2006, 09:07 PM

Here is a question. Do you think that in 6 straight weeks, LH's 06 team could beat Rice, Bridge City, Marlin, Cameron and Cuero? And then play within a few seconds of beating Tatum? If so, the rest of us are playing for state runner up.

I agree, Hutto had an amazing playoff run last year, When I read that they beat Cuero I was sure they would beat Tatum... but thats football. I like to think we will roll the Hippos, but I know what Hutto is capable of so our boys will need to play 4 quarters of our best football and then we win. Oh yeah I think we could most certainly beat those 6 teams this year........The Panthers lost two (close) tuff ones on the road against great teams. Yall entered post season with 2 losses last year. Our teams is relatively young and gaining more experience each week. If our kids continue with what they started they may just have a post season like last years Hippos.....:thinking:

Oh yeah I wont make the mistake I made against Hutto last year. I gave my three oldest sons (at the time they were 6, 4, and 3) bottles of power aid in the first half. I looked over and in about 3 minutes they were all done (like the quick bunny). Come second half they all had to pee about 5 times each.... I would not have minded if it were not such a great game....:D

Tx Challenge
10-22-2006, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HipposGitErDun
[B]I only "assumed" to make a point. If you really think that last years Hutto team at the end of the year(during the playoff run) is not as good as LH, I am not only willing to concede the district championship, but state as well.

While I think LH has a great team and may very well win on Friday night, they are most definitely NOT better than the Hippos were during last years playoff run.

If you believe that, I have some land I would like to sell you. It is a beautiful little oceanfront parcel with a seaside cottage in AZ.

Now that all of that nonsense speculation is cleared up, lets discuss this year.

Jeez just chill. I didnt mean to get your heart rate up!

I simply pointed out that last year was just that. Last year. It has nothing to do with the game coming up. I said both teams are good It could go either way for sure. I just feel LH will win the game. I believe the Panthers have the edge this year. Yes they have lost some offensive backs. Their defense is better than in years past and their offense really has not suffered at all this year.

Kerley is prob the best "all around" 3a player I have seen in a long time. Definately the best in the CenTex area.The young man does it all. He is awesome to watch.

You can keep your property, I am surprised someone managed to sell it to you in the first place

HipposGitErDun
10-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
I agree, Hutto had an amazing playoff run last year, When I read that they beat Cuero I was sure they would beat Tatum... but thats football. .:D

I thought we just might beat Tatum also,,, what we did not realize is that Tatum was much better than Cuero last year. Their athletes were phenomenal.

pirate4state
10-22-2006, 11:19 PM
You can keep your property, I am surprised someone managed to sell it to you in the first place

:clap: ROFL!!!! :thumbsup:

Good Luck Panthers!!! LH by 14!! :)

HipposGitErDun
10-23-2006, 09:02 AM
You can keep your property, I am surprised someone managed to sell it to you in the first place [/B]

What does not surprise me is that you actually believe it exists!

buffpride
10-23-2006, 09:12 AM
The GroundPounders take this one in a real battle. Should be an offensive battle with clock control being the key to victory and that is done is the ground game by LH.

Go get em, Panthers!!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by buffpride
The GroundPounders take this one in a real battle.
Go get em, Panthers!!!!
ROFL! :clap: :clap: :kiss:

LHMom
10-23-2006, 10:58 PM
I like the dancing Hippo, LHPM.

buffpride
10-24-2006, 01:07 PM
I can't believe this one isn't staying on page 1, BUMP.

HipposGitErDun
10-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by buffpride
The GroundPounders take this one in a real battle.

Giddings calling anyone groundpounders is like the pot calling the kettle black. I think LH has actually completed a pass this year.

Not a shot at Giddings, but if there is a team that deserves to be called the groundpounders, it is Giddings. Not only can they run, but they can beat great teams with only the run, including Wimberly.

Old Tiger
10-25-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
I said as soon as the Yoe/Hippo game was over that Cameron beat Cameron. 13-7 at halftime is NOT domination of any team regardless of what you want to believe. Cameron KILLED THEMSELVES in the 3rd quarter with a terrible kicking game & miscues and you cannot deny that. 1st real play of the 3rd quarter was 1st & 28 from our own 8 after back to back penalties. Like I said, Hutto scored 3 touchdowns and had to travel only 50 yards to get all 3. They are good but they're gonna have their hands full. Excuses...Cameron's real problem was playcalling and the play of the o-line. If Cameron's o-line play like that again they will lose again. And if the playcalling sucks as bad as it did that night then they will lose again.

Darren
10-25-2006, 07:10 AM
Giddings calling anyone groundpounders is like the pot calling the kettle black. I think LH has actually completed a pass this year.

Not a shot at Giddings, but if there is a team that deserves to be called the groundpounders, it is Giddings. Not only can they run, but they can beat great teams with only the run, including Wimberly.

You say that you aren't taking a shot at Giddings but it sure sounds like it. Thats ok though no one is on Gidding's ban wagon this year we will just have to prove ourselves in the playoffs.

HipposGitErDun
10-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Darren
You say that you aren't taking a shot at Giddings but it sure sounds like it. .

The end of my post says:

Not only can they run, but they can beat great teams with only the run, including Wimberly.

That sounds like a compliment to me, and that was the intent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LHMom
10-25-2006, 08:54 PM
I probably won't have another chance to get on here before the game, so good luck to the Panthers. Hope both teams are injury free and Panthers WIN!

hutex04
10-26-2006, 12:17 AM
It will be high scoring, both teams offenses are amazing. I think it comes down to turnovers and defense. Hutto has been good against the run this year. But than again this is LIBERTY HILL we are talking about (haha). It will be a close game maybe Liberty Hill pulling away to a comfortable 10-14 pt lead in the 4th quarter. But hey, i hope iam wrong and I really want hutto to win this game. Liberty Hill is the one team I really want hutto to beat. Good luck tho, safe travels and lets hope for an injury free game:D

Pudlugger
10-26-2006, 08:19 AM
Good luck Hutex04. Drive safely yall. This is going to be a very close game with some hard hitting. Here's to a clean contest with no injuries. I wont be the only one on here tomorrow night to find out how this one ends..:)

firstcat
10-26-2006, 08:46 AM
There is already a strong but civil "district rivalry" vibe building between LH and Hutto. It was even evident at the volleyball games. There will be some good football played tonight and tomorrow night, and I predict that LH will prevail in both the JV and Varsity contests.

LH's JV squad is undefeated overall, and unscored on in district play so far. I encourage anyone that wants to watch some really good athletes play some really exciting football come out to Hutto tonight at 7pm! Then make the drive to LH tomorrow night too!

The Panthers never disappoint!

As Super R would say, "Come on with the Come on!"

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
LH's JV squad is undefeated overall, and unscored on in district play so far. I encourage anyone that wants to watch some really good athletes play some really exciting football come out to Hutto tonight at 7pm!
I sure do miss watching those guys! Yell for me! GO PANTHERS!

HipposGitErDun
10-26-2006, 08:58 AM
I probably won't have another chance to get on here before the game, so good luck to the Panthers. Hope both teams are injury free and Panthers WIN!

Now I can start talking smack,,, LHPM is out of pocket!!!! ;)

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Now I can start talking smack,,, LHPM is out of pocket!!!! ;)
:p Nope.....LHM is. I'm still here. :D I do have to go to the office later this morning though. Please be gentle! :eek: :D

Ranger Mom
10-26-2006, 09:05 AM
:p Nope.....LHM is. I'm still here. :D I do have to go to the office later this morning though. Please be gentle! :eek: :D

I'll keep an eye on the young whippersnapper!!:D

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'll keep an eye on the young whippersnapper!!:D
You da MOM! :D :kiss:

gold_33
10-26-2006, 10:41 AM
I dont think this game will be as high scoring as people think because both teams offense chew up so much time off the clock with 6-8 min drives. Turnovers will be a factor as in all games but with both teams being running teams you can almost bet there will be some fumbles and the team with the least amount of mistakes will win. After two four point losses to Wim and Cuero I think Liberty Hill will finally get there win over a top ten team holding them in the final seconds to a four point win.
Liberty Hill 28 Hutto 24

pirate4state
10-26-2006, 10:41 AM
:p Nope.....LHM is. I'm still here. :D I do have to go to the office later this morning though. Please be gentle! :eek: :D Dangit! I hate office day & it always sneaks up on me!!! :mad: :mad:

Ranger Mom
10-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Dangit! I hate office day & it always sneaks up on me!!! :mad: :mad:

I thought I was gonna have to work at the "other" office today.....but I got out of it!!:evillol: :evillol:

firstcat
10-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Will do LHPM!!!

You know us, we don't just yell. We stomp, scream, sing, chant, cheer, clap, and anything else that we can think of!

Can't hide that Panther Pride!!!!

As far as Friday night goes, it is going to be a matter of forcing mistakes and capitalizing on them. Special Teams are going to really have a chance to show what they are made of.

Every play will be big! Our offensive "monster" will definitely score, and when we see our defense playing with the same "thunder" that we saw in Cuero, it will be a Panther Win for sure!

LHMom
10-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Votes stand at LH 56, Hutto 17. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting the margin of victory to be nearly that big.

GO CATS! HOLD THE ROPE.

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2006, 04:34 PM
2 hrs 59 minutes and counting down. Strap 'em on, boys! Get ready for some smash-mouth, slobber-knocking football. It's going down tonight in the Panther's Den.

GO PANTHERS! BEAT THE HIPPOS! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

shankbear
10-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Talking like that on a thread about these hot girls......I am blushing