PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Slips Bye Whiteoak

EAGLE9166
10-21-2006, 10:15 AM
WHATS THE REASON for Gilmer keeping kinne in as long as they did, with the score they had, against W O , pad the Stats, now i will here it now from all the Buckeyes, but what would all of you say to TRAYLOR with Gilmer leading by 5 TDs and You loose some of your HORSES. ( kinne, brown, kennedy ,harris or johnson. ) To a MAJOR injury so you could pad your stats. Just think about it.

Aesculus gilmus
10-21-2006, 10:31 AM
I wasn't at the game. How long did he stay in?

You may be right. He had only 158 yards the week before.

I think one reason Justin "Bus" Johnson may have stayed in after the outcome was no longer in doubt was because some Oklahoma coaches were supposedly there on a recruiting trip.

blackflag_74
10-21-2006, 04:46 PM
i agree that traylor shouldnt be leaving him in as long as he did, but he only played 3 series the second half, and they didnt even get the first series until 6:30 left in the third quarter. yes, they dont need to be in, but you still have to get the kids to try to keep playing sharp. they have to keep their focus.

Aesculus gilmus
10-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Another rationalization for playing Kinne longer is that this is his first and only year in Traylor's system, so he really needs the reps.

Bear in mind also that the player Traylor calls the best athlete he's ever coached, Curtis Brown, didn't play for the second straight week. He probably could have in an emergency, but it's best to give his ankle another week to heal. Also, another stellar player named Jules Johnson is out. A receiver named Jake Ashley is also out for several more weeks.

The best thing Gilmer's opponents could do would be to play a competitive game against the Buckeyes, but that has really only happened twice so far this season and even then only into the third quarter.

It's going to be like this until the playoffs, at least. I know our coaches don't mind, but there's not the same enthusiasm to me knowing you are going to be showing up at more an exhibition of D1 players's skills against another palooka team (some of whom may even have hesitated to get on the bus to go to Buckeye Stadium) rather than a hard-fought, competitive game.

I shouldn't complain. Years ago, we were the palookas hesitant to get on the bus to travel to our slaughter week after week.

dirtydan
10-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by EAGLE9166
WHATS THE REASON for Gilmer keeping kinne in as long as they did, with the score they had, against W O , pad the Stats, now i will here it now from all the Buckeyes, but what would all of you say to TRAYLOR with Gilmer leading by 5 TDs and You loose some of your HORSES. ( kinne, brown, kennedy ,harris or johnson. ) To a MAJOR injury so you could pad your stats. Just think about it.

i believe the biggest reason may be timing, timing and timing. timing is everything. when a qb and receiver have their timing down pat; its hard to beat them because you dont know what they are going to do or how they are going to do it, and they can't get their timing down sitting on the bench. i would have to go along with the coaches on this one; even tho it sound otherwise.

thatboiwes
10-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Let me say that even though Kinne may still be in the game, it is with the reserve RB and WR's.

If the coaches pulled all the starters when the game was in doubt, they would only play until halftime.

I would 2nd guess the Gilmer coaching, they really know what they are doing.

JR2004
10-22-2006, 02:25 AM
Some of this is kinda ridiculous and repetitive. The weak sisters of the poor out there in East Texas that can't compete with Gilmer ought to be darn thankful they don't leave their first team offense in from start to finish and put 80 plus points on the board each week against teams in a district that have been described, by more than one Gilmer fan, as being an awful district from a competitive standpoint. Any high school football website that mentions Gilmer invariably has several people on it that get upset about how much Gilmer is winning by and how long Coach Traylor is leaving his star players in. I think the fans get more upset about these lopsided scores than the opposing players and coaches do for goodness sakes. If he wants to play Kinne and everyone else 3 quarters, or heck even a full ballgame, that's THEIR RIGHT TO DO IT.

Some of Gilmer's opponents are VERY lucky Traylor doesn't have a little bit of Freddie James in him because if he did Gilmer probably would've already ran up 3 digits on a couple of teams and Kinne would be sitting at around 3000 yards passing for the season!