PDA

View Full Version : LaVega 29 @ Robinson 22

JR2004
10-21-2006, 01:17 AM
The Waco Tribune-Herald doesn't have their game story up yet, BUT that win by the Pirates was their first district win in THREE YEARS and on the road no less. I think Robinson has been extremely overrated this season and LaVega just exposed that. I kinda thought the Rockets were a one man show with their QB Randy Kitchens and apparently he wasn't enough to win it for them tonight.

If the Pirates beat Connally and Lorena they're going to the playoffs for the first time in 3 years and that's a nice accomplishment considering they weren't picked to do too much this season by anyone in the Waco area. The future looks bright for Willie Williams' boys considering their best player is their freshman tailback. :)

carter08
10-21-2006, 01:20 AM
DANG

This was my WC Game :(

bleedgreen
10-21-2006, 09:18 AM
I was surprised by this score. I thought Robinson had a pretty good team. Read about it:

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/highschools/stories/2006/10/21/10212006waclavegarob.html

JR2004
10-21-2006, 09:26 AM
I know y'all already played them this year and lost to them, but honestly Robinson is an average team at best this season. They have a really good QB there in Kitchens, but little else. When you lose on your home field to a team that hasn't won a district game in three years it kinda confirms that they've been very overrated this season. Unless they pull off some upsets against Gatesville and China Spring they're going to be sitting at home for the playoffs.

Swarm 51
10-22-2006, 12:30 AM
I am a Gatesville Hornet fan, but must give credit to the LaVega Pirates this year. They are for real. The Hornets will be tested this friday night when they play them at LaVega. In the past, the Pirates had some players who would give up if they were behind. But, not this group, and it was evident in their comeback for the win againt Robinson with a few seconds left on the clock in the fourth quarter this past friday night. Coach Williams brought in a new DC two years ago and this year's OC came from China Spring. They have brought new life to the Pirates. Gatesville beat them in overtime last year. So, I am sure La Vega will be looking for payback to keep their district hopes alive.